Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,945 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Lagos Mainland Vs Island. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Mainland Vs Island. (39872 Views)

Highlander SUV On Fire On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos (Photos) / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / Car Somersaults On Third Mainland Bridge After Sallah Flexing On The Island.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Acidosis(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Light is good in berger, sometimes, a whole week light won't go off...

The roads are relatively good.

You will enjoy proximity to almost important areas in Lagos, don't forget, berger is also the entrance to Lagos.. So straight down is ibadan express, opposite down is island..
Ikeja is less than 10km, ogba is less Than 5km, ilupeju is less than 15km etc... Faleke is busy installing street lights everywhere too

..but Berger really do not have residential areas. I think it's more like a commercial centre surrounded by residential centres like Ojodu, Omole, Isheri, Olowora, and Magodo.

I agree with you on the proximity advantage.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Klass99(f): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
cool
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Lazyreporta(m): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2022
Acidosis:

..but Berger really do not have residential areas. I think it's more like a commercial centre surrounded by residential centres like Ojodu, Omole, Isheri, Olowora, and Magodo.

I agree with on the proximity advantage.

Right!
Berger itself is just a bus stop, or the commercial area Sha.. But those places are still within ojodu berger.. Olowora and magodo are distant cousins

Olowora, magodo and isheri are family

While berger and ojodu are family too

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Klass99(f): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Pipefitter: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
jidxin:
but ELEKO isn't island naa

So where is it?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2022
Klass99:

Prima O cheesy

I missed this post earlier, you know when God our father said King David is a man after his own heart ba?

You are a correct lady after my own heart, you remind me of younger me and some parts of current me. This entire post busted my head like kilode? Abeg chop knuckle you are too much.

The part in bold resonates well with me and I could have written it myself. I don't know why people have issues with the taste of others or their preferences.

Like seriously, what is wrong with wanting to live or actually living close to the things and people that matter to you? Like your workplace, place of worship, family, favourite malls, supermarkets, pharmacies and leisure spots?

The kind of beef, undertones of jealousy and bad belle I see on this thread and NL in general, towards Islanders amuses me. And it is mostly mainlanders who do this, they are always eager to diss the island/islanders saying we are fake, our roads are bad, there's traffic, bad water etc

Please is there anywhere in Lagos that there is no traffic? Even the bad roads and water issue is not widespread just specific to some areas. As for the fakeness, I cannot relate at all. The most down to earth and sweet people I have met in this Lagos are Islanders, when some of them reveal where they work sef, I do a double take because of their simplicity and humility.

No be for Island supermarket, one guy paid for my items when POS kept failing to work with my card. I was touched by his kindness, he didn't even ask for my number or anything afterwards and I was even more impressed by that. Another lady at the supermarket we both shopped at, asked which way I was headed and offered to drop me off at home, when she saw how Bolt drivers were frustrating me. Complete strangers o!

A thousand, and one likes for this post. kiss

Unnecessary angst by most people mehn.

If you like the mainland, stay there... and be happy with yourself.

And stop talking non-stop about the next person's preference.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes, dear.

kiss
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by GoodBoi1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mainlanders are not intimidated. Some people have this mindset that if you are not staying on the island then your are not doing well. I have encountered such persons even outside Lagos. It as if you guys make Lagos all about Ikorodu road and any road/bridge leading to island. If I am moving to the island or getting a space there, there has to be a good reason , something profitable. The whole serenity and all, can still be gotten on the mainland. I like to get value for my money. Everybody do what works for you.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Karleb(m): 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2022
Pipefitter:
[b] Brother, you are not lying oo. I used to live in festac phase 2 (Abule ado precisely). There we have light at least 18 hours everyday even when it's raining. People in Abule ado can confirm this, house is affordable there too I stayed in a room and parlour self contained with running water and was paying 350k annually, then job took me to Island, I live at Eleko because of the proximity to my work place, I can confidently tell you that I have not seen NEPA light in the last 8 months, I'm not exaggerating!
House is a bit expensive here too because of the large number of workers in the refinery, Eleko is underdeveloped, the only place you could hang out is at Eleko beach which is nauseating because a lot of folks go their to defecate early in the morning, in fact, let me describe the beach as toilet in the morning, relaxation place at night. Food is the most expensive thing here because they assume everyone is rich. I cook at home yet i spend 7-8k weekly as a single guy on food stuffs.
I pay 200k for 2 bed room, no parlour because is the only fenced house I could see that is affordable. Note that I pay that amount because I kind of did the finishing on the house, lighting, W/C, tiles, plumbing, wiring too.
I pay that amount because it's an agreement prior to the renovation and moving in but normally it should go for 300k. To be frank, I can't wait to leave this place for my beloved Abule ado[/b]

350k annually for room and parlor! Omo! shocked

The day I went to that Eleko, I did not even get to the address I was given before turning back to mainland.

Anything after Ajah in that island, na bush you dey go so.

Eleko is bleeping far!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Pipefitter: 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
Karleb:

350k annually for room and parlor! Omo! shocked

The day I went to that Eleko, I did not even get to the address I was given before turning back to mainland.

Anything after Ajah in that island, na bush you dey go so.

Eleko is bleeping far!

Yeah it is...na hustle carry me go
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Klass99(f): 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Klass99:

End of discussion! I don't know why they always want to make it an us versus them something.

Another common theme I see, is the claim that most of us staying on the island (single girls especially) cannot afford the Lekki or island house rents and there is a god father somewhere paying the rent and generally bankrolling our lifestyle.

The hate is real and unbelievable!

LOL! So long as they murmur amongst themselves... it's fine... for their own psychological entertainment.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
WetinUGain:

Island is an English word meaning "surrounded by water".

Ajah,Lagos Island, VI,Lekki,Ikoyi are surrounded by water. It is actually like a curve. This places can only be accessed through a bridge or ferry, reason for the 3rd mainland bridge and the 4th mainland bridge that is being constructed.. There are still jetties around Sandfill,Ajah and Ikoyi to places like Ikorodu and Co.

Yes, Ajah is part of the Island.

Oga save yourself all the explanation.

If you don't stay in Lagos you'd never understand that Ajah is not part of Island
So the bolded was stated based on Lagos concept and not what you copied from Google or geography textbooks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
EkperemoEgbabi:

Pls don't say the bolded in public in d presence of learned men ..
No wonder they say the black man's brain is underdeveloped.

Guy, Ajah no be Island grin... Na song wey we dey sing everyday here for Lasgidi...residents of Lagos can relate that Ajah is not part of Island

So if you don't gerrit you can forget abourreet!!!

And please stop taking life too seriously! Na your type dey die of stroke, heart attack and high BP all at once grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by WetinUGain: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Oga save yourself all the explanation.

If you don't stay in Lagos you'd never understand that Ajah is not part of Island
So the bolded was stated based on Lagos concept and not what you copied from Google or geography textbooks

Stop giving your own definition due to inferiority complex. The name didn't just come from the moon, their is a reason for it. That you have problem with it doesn't change any fact, that is your cup of tea.

Island is an Island, their is no 2 words to it. If u remove the third mainland bridge, u can't access any part of Ajah without ferry, that shows it is an island.

I live and work on the island , I am from Pooka in Epe.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2022
EkperemoEgbabi:

Your ignorance is appalling

My brother Ajah no be Island...no be quarrel abeg no vex grin

Oya kill yourself!! tongue tongue

Islands stops at VGC ... Not sure you know that area though just like I'm not sure you reside in Lagos, which is evident in how serious you're taking the matter... Lol grin
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Emdebby2: 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

I'm working on myself to get myself ready for public presentation, speaking and ministry. It's part of my personal care and maintenance

Everything I do is strategy.

My monthly income is atleast seven digits, So why is 2k per meal too much ?
Ok I understand. Though 2k per meal sounds big. Anyway...be conscious of your health. It's good to be healthy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
WetinUGain:

Stop giving your own definition due to inferiority complex. The name didn't just come from the moon, their is a reason for it. That you have problem with it doesn't change any fact, that is your cup of tea.

Island is an Island, their is no 2 words to it. If u remove the third mainland bridge, u can't access any part of Ajah without ferry, that shows it is an island.

I live and work on the island , I am from Pooka in Epe.

Guy make you and your brother live me make I watch this match in peace na..

Oya I don gree Ajah no be Island ... Are you happy now? tongue

Ajah join follow join for outskirt and slump of Lagos tongue tongue tongue .... Hope I have said your mind tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by EkperemoEgbabi: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Ajah join follow join for outskirt and slump of Lagos tongue tongue tongue .... Hope I have said your mind tongue

How old are u? U sound like a teenager

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by WetinUGain: 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2022
JayPeeOham:

I just debunked your false assertion of me not living in Lagos and you hv changed tune. You are a typical Nigerian, u argue blindly even with facts starring at you. Their is no harm in being quiet, especially on what u hv zero knowledge on.

I dont know why folks argue blindly on Ajah being Island or not, despite the entire area being surrounded by water and can only be accessible by ferry, apart from 3rd mainland bridge.

Wish you all the best, enjoy your match.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
EkperemoEgbabi:

How old are u? U sound like a teenager
grin grin grin grin grin
Guy rest na abeg... Oya e don do abeg, I no do again na.. I no follow you argue from the beginning na haba!!

As for my age, I'm sure you senior me with 85 yrs if not more. Abeg no quote me again I don tire to laff abegg. Your type sweet to whine ahswearugad!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2022
WetinUGain:

I just debunked your false assertion of me not living in Lagos and you hv changed tune. You are a typical Nigerian, u argue blindly even with facts starring at you. Their is no harm in being quiet, especially on what u hv zero knowledge on.

I dont know why folks argue blindly on Ajah being Island or not, despite the entire area being surrounded by water and can only be accessible by ferry, apart from 3rd mainland bridge.

Wish you all the best, enjoy your match.

Wait make I ask you now, who ask you for all these explanation?

Guy rest na abeg... Oya e don do abeg, I no do again na.. I no follow you argue from the beginning na haba!!

Abeg no quote me again I don tire to laff abegg. Your type sweet to whine ahswearugad!

Oya I don gree Ajah na Island, Island na Ajah.. can I concentrate on my cooking now?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by rimijoshua(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
DryMouth:

E pain you wella.

Truth is bitter.

You cannot be staying in VGC, Sangotedo, Ikota, Ajah, Ibeju lekki, awoyaya, lakowe, etc and tell me you live on the island. I would rebuke you instantly.
Westin concern me..the tyn wey I know be sey all those sides na island on Lagos and google map...I live at Chevy view
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by WetinUGain: 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Wait make I ask you now, who ask you for all these explanation?

Abeg no quote me again I don tire to laff abegg. Your type sweet to whine ahswearugad!

Oya I don gree Ajah na Island, Island na Ajah.. can I concentrate on my cooking now?

Whine who?. You can only whine yourself. You made a wrong post, I corrected you and you attacked me.That is one thing you pple do. Once u goof, u quickly turn it to cruise and sarcasm.

Stop quoting me and I won't. All d best.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Yaks02(m): 12:36am On Mar 17, 2022
Craigbrown4076:
If you know of other inexpensive places on the Island not farther than Sangotedo that is manageable, please do share.

I've stayed in magodo n I can tell u it's safe n cheap most especially phase 1
Phase 2 which is shangisha is quite expensive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Craigbrown4076: 5:50am On Mar 17, 2022
Yaks02:

I've stayed in magodo n I can tell u it's safe n cheap most especially phase 1
Phase 2 which is shangisha is quite expensive

Does phase 1 have same amenities as phase 2
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by kennykruzmason: 6:08am On Mar 17, 2022
Craigbrown4076:
If you know of other inexpensive places on the Island not farther than Sangotedo that is manageable, please do share.

Ogombo is okay
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ChristineC: 8:25am On Mar 17, 2022
livinbygrace:

Forget all this story,all those Ibeju lekki are overhyped areas.They are not yet developed ,maybe in the next twenty years.Mainland remains the best
everywhere in Lagos is overhyped, even Banana Island. I can only make a little exception for Ikeja GRA and maybe Eko Atlantic.
not sure what point you are trying to make though.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by NoToPile: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2022
ImaIma1:

Lagos Island is not the Island we are talking about. I'm talking about lekki, ikate, Chevron, etc. My friends just moved from their one bedroom of 300k on the mainland to a 2 bedroom of 1.5m. And they said they were lucky to find it that cheap.

Rent is unnecessarily high. Yet, they don't have good water. If you don't have a car, moving around won't be easy. School fees is higher there. The price of fiod stuffs in the market there is another issue. Cost of living there is generally high.

That kind of lifestyle doesn't encourage saving, except you really have more than enough.

Wow 1,2 million difference, do they work on the island? Proximity to work is a very major factor for a lot of people.

The 2nd and 3rd bolded has always been my concern, apart from house rent, you pay more for water, school fees, markets everything other thing is expensive, a family person would think twice if you are not really that rich enough to live there.

I know someone that rented a bed space for 350k at Yaba, I guess it's serviced, bedspace like hostel oo, they are 2 in the room, 2 beds grin she works on the island and seems the roommate is working class I can only imagine how much that will cost on the island.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2022
JayPeeOham:

grin grin grin grin grin

As for my age, I'm sure you senior me with 85 yrs if not more. Abeg no quote me again I don tire to laff abegg. Your type sweet to whine ahswearugad!

So lame and stupid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Brutally Pulled Out Of A Train By Inspectors In Germany. Photos / Sunday Esan, Dangote's Manager Had An Accident (Photos) / Pictures From My Trip To Singapore

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.