Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,881 members, 7,915,533 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:58 AM

Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? (12960 Views)

The Worst Thing You've Found From Checking Your Partner Phone / Man Smashes Partner's Phone To Surprise Her With A New One / Worst Thing You’ve Found, From Checking Your Partner’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
SimeonOTC:

dnt just understand the point, let it sink inside your brain because frankly speak, you reason anticlockwise.
And who are you?
Slide off..
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Kinghorland04(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Why on earth should you know your partner's password..you shouldn't even touch your partner's phone talkless of unlocking it.. It's very private.. unless he/she gives you willingly then you have no right whatsoever.. No one should have the password to your phone. ..i repeat no one..it's called personal property and space you have to respect that..
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by SimeonOTC(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And who are you?
Slide off..

lol..someone already said you should talk/type lessgrin because like seriously, sometimes you type/sound so half-witted tongue
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
SimeonOTC:

lol..someone already said you should talk/type lessgrin because like seriously, sometimes you type/sound so half-witted tongue
Slide off..
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Free mind is a goal to rest of mind sad tongue undecided
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by andy244: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

How does not having a password on your phone relate to having and living a happy life with your partner?

Your phone is something personal... it’s not meant to be shared or made so that anyone has access to it... simple.
your partner is not anyone. if you can't be free then you have something hiding

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by tammie24: 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
Tallesty1:
Have you ever been in a healthy relationship? I don't mean the type where you guys chat, hang out and meet to fvck but where you play important roles in each other's life? Where he can take decisions on your behalf and it will be just what you would have done? The type that he's so into you that he knows virtually every detail or your life and you know his? If so then what's your phone's password that you can't give to this person?

Unless one is working with CIA, FBI DSS CID or similar top security organizations in his country, he or she has no justifiable reason to keep his phone password secret from his or her partner.

Your private parts are available to him/her 24/7 but your phone isn't?
I just love this part cheesy
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by DissTroy(m): 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
airsaylongcome:
For women it is

For everybody, it is. I and my lady have unrestricted access to each other's phones. Phone passwords and partners, and that includes everything.

There's a level of trust and accountability which comes with unrestricted access to each other's phones.

We leave each other's phones with the other for hours without fear or supervision.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Philly5384: 8:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
Read Below

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Bamzyriches451: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Just the last paragraph tho

Never date a uni girl outside your state of residence
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Ternistacle(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
The most private part of a relationship is the phone, even in married and unmarried relationshis.

Most break ups and divorces is because of phone
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Aaay: 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
No
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by airsaylongcome: 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
DissTroy:

For everybody, it is. I and my lady have unrestricted access to each other's phones. Phone passwords and partners, and that includes everything.

There's a level of trust and accountability which comes with unrestricted access to each other's phones.

We leave each other's phones with the other for hours without fear or supervision.

I think it's distrust that makes a spouse demand to know device password. If you want to access my phone ask me to unlock it and give you. Not like I have anything to hide to start with. But there's a reason the phone is locked. It's a personal device. If I want to use my Lady's phone I ask her to unlock it for me. I do not need to know her password
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by The5DME(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ishilove:
I've not finished checking my phone so what am I looking for in his phone?
Shut up there ozuor
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by thinkmoney(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why on earth should you know your partner's password..you shouldn't even touch your partner's phone talkless of unlocking it.. undecided
It's very private.. unless he/she gives you willingly then you have no right whatsoever..

No one should have the password to your phone. ..i repeat no one..it's called personal property and space you have to respect that..
You lot don't understand relationship. There ain't no private or personal stuffs in good relationships. You become to each other private properties.
You should become one its realistic
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by thinkmoney(m): 11:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
HumanoidX:
Your phone is private property from your spouse or your significant other, but your private parts are not. This generation of people who can't tell the difference between privacy and secrecy. In a healthy marriage or relationship, it takes two transparent people to make it work.
My wife and I have access to each other's phones. Her fingerprint is registered on mine and mine on hers. We don't need to go through eachother's phones...your marriage will thrive in the atmosphere you create.
Chaiii...my brother u get sense. Unlike people like @Fernandezisback.
Alot of people don't understand alot of things today. And this is why we have so many issues in the word.

2 Likes

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Panda7(m): 1:47am On Mar 19, 2022
this post has a lot of hate speech towards the relationship already. relationship too is more important than password.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by DissTroy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I think it's distrust that makes a spouse demand to know device password. If you want to access my phone ask me to unlock it and give you. Not like I have anything to hide to start with. But there's a reason the phone is locked. It's a personal device. If I want to use my Lady's phone I ask her to unlock it for me. I do not need to know her password

No, distrust is free, trust must be earned.
It's just something as simple as her watching comedy skits on your phone and the phone locks so you show hers how to unlock it and she shows you her when the occasion demands it while you continue working on the website you were developing on your PC or something.

The only reason you don't want to know your lady's passwords is either of two things: You don't want her to know yours or you are too scared of what you bwill find.

My lady and I have access to each other's phone passwords, and it began when we started dating till we made it a permanent thing.

It helps keeps one in check too.

Most cases of cheating partners are mostly of those who don't have access to each other's phones. A partner who is cheating or planing to cheat would never let you know his or her password. Argue all you like.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by airsaylongcome: 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
DissTroy:

No, distrust is free, trust must be earned.
It's just something as simple as her watching comedy skits on your phone and the phone locks so you show hers how to unlock it and she shows you her when the occasion demands it while you continue working on the website you were developing on your PC or something.

The only reason you don't want to know your lady's passwords is either of two things: You don't want her to know yours or you are too scared of what you bwill find.

My lady and I have access to each other's phone passwords, and it began when we started dating till we made it a permanent thing.

It helps keeps one in check too.

Most cases of cheating partners are mostly of those who don't have access to each other's phones. A partner who is cheating or planing to cheat would never let you know his or her password. Argue all you like.

Lol...the bolded is hilarious! Whether I know her password or not, if she is gonna cheat she gonna cheat. If she has my password or not, if I am gonna cheat nothing will stop me. There's zero between Cheating and knowledge of my password. If I'm chatting with an external party I want to cheat with, I have a plethora of non phone based medium (Telegram can run without me having the app on my phone) that I can "cheat" with. Trust is earned but that trust is not earned by me having access to your phone. My wife has access to my phone. I don't have access. Not because she has said I can't have access, but I have said to myself that it is of ZERO value to me.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
It is a big deal, I will never do that and i do not bother to know whatever she does with her phone as well. you see, we have mutual trust for each other.

Marriage does not mean you lose your identity. It is nota tool to control your partner. it is not bondage and this coming from more than 15 years of marriage.

Marriage involves mutual understanding and imposition of will by one partner over the other should be frowned at.

A lot of young folks going into relationship today want to control their partners and that may be one of the reason why lots of marriages crash today. I always give my phone to my wife if needed but my password, mbanu!.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by DissTroy(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol...the bolded is hilarious! Whether I know her password or not, if she is gonna cheat she gonna cheat. If she has my password or not, if I am gonna cheat nothing will stop me. There's zero between Cheating and knowledge of my password. If I'm chatting with an external party I want to cheat with, I have a plethora of non phone based medium (Telegram can run without me having the app on my phone) that I can "cheat" with. Trust is earned but that trust is not earned by me having access to your phone. My wife has access to my phone. I don't have access. Not because she has said I can't have access, but I have said to myself that it is of ZERO value to me.

Maybe; But then again, maybe not. The relationship between cheating and phone is zero? ZERO? You teleported from which timeline? The 1200's?

That's ironically hilarious given the fact that more than 75 percent of people who caught their spouse dating caught them by going through their phones. And it began with the cheating spouse being very protecuve of their phones around their partners.

All apps can be locked. You financial apps and others can have an extra lock but your partner not being able to go through your phone unsupervised is a red flag. Two shall become one.

If you can't be that open, you are living a lie about love and all that. You can't be in the shower, a call comes in, and you ask your partner to check who it is or text the person to call you back in 5 minutes?

Your phone can't be down so you log in to contacts.google.com to retrieve your contacts and call on your spouse's phone while you power your phone?
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by DissTroy(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
Skyview01:

Marriage does not mean you lose your identity. It is nota tool to control your partner. it is not bondage and this coming from more than 15 years of marriage.

I always give my phone to my wife if needed but my password, mbanu!.

Married women mostly don't have issues with their husbands unlocking their phones

I'd ask you this: In 15 years of martiage, have you ever cheated on your wife or sexchatted with other women?
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Debby4444: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2022
Ihe I na ako bu bullsh**t
So long you no buy phone for me
You don't dare

I no dy do phone in relationships
Your phone is your own
Mine is mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Kind Of Boobs Called Oil Well (photo) / The Body On This Instagram Model Is Causing Confusion Among Men / Strictly For L.A.D.I.E.S (let's Discuss)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.