Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,796 members, 7,905,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? (27849 Views)

Which Phone Brand Do You Think Has The Best Camera Quality? / Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by DavidKajo94(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2022
Transsion, not transition oga ����
Abfinest007:
Yes the reason I ported from transition fones

2 Likes

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Ausmos: 10:53am On Mar 19, 2022
Not just camera, the whole features begin to depreciate over time.

Mine was Tecno L9. Just charged the phone with the phantom 5000mAh battery between Lokoja and Abuja while on a journey to Kano. Shortly before Kaduna we had an accident and the useless phone I charged about 2 to 4 hours before died. No browsing, no watching video or playing music, not chatting with anyone cause network was even poor.

I couldn't call for help. Lost somewhere in the vehicle. I was heartbroken and vowed never to use Tecno or transsion devices again.

I have since moved on to Gionee and now Redmi and I have peace.

1 Like

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Flier: 10:54am On Mar 19, 2022
Ofcourse they do,manufacturers intentionally use updates to damage old phones so that consumers can buy new phones
Apple was caught doing so and was made to pay several million to the USA Government and I am sure they are still doing it but since there is no such rule in Korea and China,manufacturers from there does it at will

3 Likes

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by denjjy(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2022
TECHNO and INFINIX are the worsts when it comes to degradation in camera quality, as at Dec last year I could scan bar codes and take selfies with the back camera of my hot7, the camera is now totally reduced to blurrish shits, cannot scan a bar code not to talk of having a nice selfie.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by AgentGoat: 10:55am On Mar 19, 2022
The camera wasn't sharp before now
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by uuzba(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2022
lastchild:
i discovered that my tecno spark has lost quality in camera quality. could the fault be from my sight?

The camera image capability never changes. It is the glass covering the lens that gets scratched and starts making blurry images.

Clean the glass with toothpaste
or if you can, change the glass with a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FRM_DamWj0
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by uuzba(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2022
AgentGoat:
The camera wasn't sharp before now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FRM_DamWj0
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by staneless(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2022
Sony Ericsson phones used to have that problem....I don't know of now with their new Xperia sha
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Edoziesmart(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2022
LollySeaSide:
Even devil dey shock for some Nairaland lies.
More than 80% of the people posting iPhone, Samsung, this and that can not even afford a decent transsion device.
Talk for yourself please.
Which decent transsion phone is that please so that we will do comparison between the phone and my Samsung.
I won't even mind to do live video to you showing where I'm holding the phone to prove I'm not lying.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Lovenorth: 10:58am On Mar 19, 2022
Is your vision the when you have grown older in life?
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by qtguru(m): 10:59am On Mar 19, 2022
LollySeaSide:
Even devil dey shock for some Nairaland lies.
More than 80% of the people posting iPhone, Samsung, this and that can not even afford a decent transsion device.

Oga park well, all those are crappy phones.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Dshocker(m): 10:59am On Mar 19, 2022
lastchild:
i discovered that my tecno spark has lost quality in camera quality. could the fault be from my sight?

If you keep shaking your phone or throwing it on top your bed,the camera quality reduces

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Edoziesmart(m): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2022
Abudu2000:
nope but i think the human eyes increases in resolution and pixels interpretation hence making older pixs seems blurry
Oga If you keep doubting I might show you the pictures I snapped with my infinix zero 4 in 2017 and 2019 separately. You will even be shocked that I snapped the both pictures with same device
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by whoawa(m): 11:02am On Mar 19, 2022
lastchild:

Its Normal in every Electronic device, In Engineering it's called TIME CONSTANT, a time it takes a device to decay 37% of it initial value.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Foodforthought: 11:02am On Mar 19, 2022
Zonefree:
Tecno, Infinix and Itel are for people that are not serious with their life.
My boss is a multimillionaire and property owner. He does not use an Android phone. This comment just goes to show your level of intelligence and reasoning. But of course wise men and fools can use words.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by tymicjay77: 11:03am On Mar 19, 2022
Well it is very possible for your camera to degrade with time due to many reason as stated below
1. With time dust and scratches on the camera lenses can alter the quality of your camera pictures .
2. Updating of software, yes most big brand does that . They do inplant some software in the update that render your old phone to become less efficient so that you will be force to buy or change to new phone model. For those of you shouting Iphone and Samsung is what you used, it is very common with u guys. My Samsung 8plus I could observe the quality of the camera picture is not as sharp and clearer as it was when the model was real hot. So I guess they want me to move to there new model.
So is very possible for the camera quality to degrade with time , most especially for this big name brand

1 Like

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 19, 2022
lastchild:
Yes, all Thrashion phones.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by kolaaderin: 11:04am On Mar 19, 2022
lastchild:
|OP trust me this are the culprit in the image below, the camera lens cover. change it and your camera quality gets better as before.
in top flagship phones like the iphone and the Samsungs, the lens cover are of scratch proof glasses to they tends to keep taking good pictures while in cheaper phone like infinix and tecno, you can only get such in their top phones like the infinix Zero, the lens cover scratches over some time of use and the camera becomes blurry.

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by ringi82(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

Una mouth ehn... Hope me as redmi is exempted o
You are not o. My redmi note 6 pro that had one of the best cameras out there when I bought in 2019. After 3 yrs don degrade so bad dat a palasa phone camera is better dan it
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by EmmaLege: 11:05am On Mar 19, 2022
Ekejoestar:
You guys will not buy quality phones but will rather be going for fake and ocha- ka-omaka phones and you guys will start opening thread up and down giving us headache when the phones starts giving you issues,

Stop buy MTK chipset, una no go hear.

I get this powerbank. Brand name is mophie grin
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by engrchykae(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2022
Zonefree:
thunder will fire you.
How you see am?
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2022
seyz91:
Well, there's no such thing as camera loosing quality

It's either the owner losing his/her sight quality or the owner trying to compare the picture quality of the pics taken with one phone with another phone

There's nothing else about this
.if you want good phone that you don't need compare camera quality or your sight quality overtime go for any of these;

Iphone 11upward to 13pro max, Oneplus, googlepixel, samsung
No such thing as camera losing quality? cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Gamezi(m): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2022
seyz91:
Well, there's no such thing as camera loosing quality

It's either the owner losing his/her sight quality or the owner trying to compare the picture quality of the pics taken with one phone with another phone

There's nothing else about this
.if you want good phone that you don't need compare camera quality or your sight quality overtime go for any of these;

Iphone 11upward to 13pro max, Oneplus, googlepixel, samsung

Iphone 11 camera is not as sharp as iphone xs max
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 19, 2022
Zonefree:
grin grin grin

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Grandmeister(m): 11:13am On Mar 19, 2022
Gamezi:

Iphone 11 camera is not as sharp as iphone xs max
It is. The screen quality makes it look different.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:13am On Mar 19, 2022
Zonefree:

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by bigfoot79(m): 11:13am On Mar 19, 2022
NO !
Mobile phone camera do not loose quality.
What happens is that dirt accumulation on the plastic protector for the lenses acts to blur any pictures taken after the accumulation of tiny dirt and dust particles.
IF YOU CLEAN This plastic cover, your pictures will turn out better. If plastic is badly scratched you may want to have it replaced.
If you remove the plastic totally, you'd see the real power of you phone camera ; BUT OF YOU DO THIS, THEN YOUR LENSE WOULD BE EXPOSED TO DIRT AND THAT IS TERRIBLE
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by BabaIbo: 11:15am On Mar 19, 2022
Nasri100:

Comrade calm down it’s just Banter grin

Comrade, the guy been dey yarn mpata na.

Nothing do you comrade. cheesy grin

Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by bigfoot79(m): 11:17am On Mar 19, 2022
kolaaderin:
|OP trust me this are the culprit in the image below, the camera lens cover. change it and your camera quality gets better as before.
in top flagship phones like the iphone and the Samsungs, the lens cover are of scratch proof glasses to they tends to keep taking good pictures while in cheaper phone like infinix and tecno, you can only get such in their top phones like the infinix Zero, the lens cover scratches over some time of use and the camera becomes blurry.

This is exactly what I spent time explaining, only to find out that you have said it clearer here. Thanks for sharing quality response, not the regular ignorant ones we get here
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by ButterBurger: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2022
It's not the phone, it's your eyes vision changes after adaptation to a new better and clearer screen, there's no way old things can look new when a never seen arrives
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by Raysleek: 11:22am On Mar 19, 2022
Zonefree:
A little too insensitive.
Re: Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? by bigfoot79(m): 11:25am On Mar 19, 2022
Edoziesmart:

Oga If you keep doubting I might show you the pictures I snapped with my infinix zero 4 in 2017 and 2019 separately. You will even be shocked that I snapped the both pictures with same device
Nothing I/changed with your camera, the lens cover of your phone is what got scratched and dirty, if you change it, even pictures taken in 2034 would have same quality with the very first one you took on the same device

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ntel Subscribers Lament: Ntel Finally Dead? / Top 3 Must Have Game For Your Andriod / Infinix Hot 10T (65,400) Vs TECNO Spark 7p (60,900) Which Should U Buy? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.