Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,958 members, 7,906,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Madeleine Albright Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Madeleine Albright Is Dead (39603 Views)

Marie Madeleine Mborantsuo: President Of Constitutional Court In Gabon Arrested / Madeleine Albright, The First Female US Secretary Of State Is Dead / Hamza Bin Laden Is Dead! Son Of Osama Bin Laden Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Sterope(f): 8:24am On Mar 24, 2022
Yup the type that justified death of poor non Americans.
Laggafin:
She was one of the finest diplomat and secretary America has ever produced.. Rest in peace Lady Albright

3 Likes

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by delerx(m): 8:24am On Mar 24, 2022
Even God in the Bible dey initiate wars where infants, children and adults were killed. Reminds me of the story of King Saul in the book of 1 Samuel
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by WBworldwide: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2022
84.... Na cele na
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Sterope(f): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2022
I will never understand what drives Africans to eulogise people that don't care about their existence. The juJu behind white worship must be extraordinary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by DonBenny77(m): 8:29am On Mar 24, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Is that she and OBJ
At their prime, old age na one kine thing oh!

1 Like

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by oilyngbati(m): 8:31am On Mar 24, 2022
Our hunchback suplim reader also met with president Trump of Amelika, so kini big deal grin

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by kissdabride: 8:34am On Mar 24, 2022
qekng40:
Is that our Professor, the former President ?

See how big his agbada is.....When the looting spree was ongoing cheesy

Rest in Peace Ma, you did well. smiley
Yes even with the looting then Nigerians still feed fine and live in peace...
But reverse is the case now super looting, looting of both physical and spiritual of NIGERIA
Bubu supporters always bloodbrain

1 Like

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Btruth: 8:34am On Mar 24, 2022
RIP maa
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by olamike02: 8:37am On Mar 24, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Is that she and OBJ
The way OBJ made his tongue hmmmn
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Bridget95(f): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2022
ecolime:
See how chubby she and Obasanjo were.

Death- The end of us all. It's no respecter of the wealthy, poor, young or old. Lets just live right.
you are right. See how huge obj was.
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Bridget95(f): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2022
olamike02:

The way OBJ made his tongue hmmmn
like he was to give her head
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by obedience4(m): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2022
America the land of the free, immigrant or not if you work hard you can make it

1 Like

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by kissdabride: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2022
Dpharisee:
She was a warmongering demon, she even publicly justified the deaths of 500,000 innocent Iraqi children as necessary from US sanctions on Iraq just because Saddam Hussein decided to trade their oil in Euro in place of the dollar and a non existent Weapons oass Destruction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
Headslammer....slam your head on the rock....she has gone to be with the Lord!!!!!
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by DeRay98(m): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2022
Laggafin:
She was one of the finest diplomat and secretary America has ever produced.. Rest in peace Lady Albright
Yea, for the U.S foreign policy agenda but a white supremacist using "democracy" as a tool for their hidden agenda against developing countries.
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by qekng40(f): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2022
kissdabride:
Yes even with the looting then Nigerians still feed fine and live in peace...
But reverse is the case now super looting, looting of both physical and spiritual of NIGERIA
Bubu supporters always bloodbrain

No one to be compared to Bubu cheesy
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Voiceofthestree: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2022
For all of you who doesn’t know anything take a close look at this photo of PMB and that year they took this photo. Look at it very well compare the recent photo of PMB in Lagos yesterday you will see that this New Buhari is even younger than the one on that old photo. Sebi person deh old bo be say he go deh young Buhari as change from that old man who young vibrant man. Nah God to punish Nigerians entirely all Nigeria’s people God go punish everybody I swear
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by SEGLIZ: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2022
Dpharisee:
She was a warmongering demon, she even publicly justified the deaths of 500,000 innocent Iraqi children as necessary from US sanctions on Iraq just because Saddam Hussein decided to trade their oil in Euro in place of the dollar and a non existent Weapons oass Destruction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
another witch is condoleezza rice.

1 Like

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by winner37(m): 8:45am On Mar 24, 2022
There is a time and season under the sun, night comes day falls back and day come night falls back.
the good memories set behind is like a scarce it can never beforgotten.

rest on Albright
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Laggafin: 8:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Sterope:
Yup the type that justified death of poor non Americans.
What kind of obtuse schism is this
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Dpharisee: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2022
kissdabride:
Headslammer....slam your head on the rock....she has gone to be with the Lord!!!!!
I am a proud Catholic who sees evil and calls it out.
Many of the children she justified their murder were Christians and Muslims and Yazidis

2 Likes

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Elidrisy20: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2022
Vampire,may she rot in hell, foolish woman
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by AroleOduduwa2: 8:57am On Mar 24, 2022
The best secretary of states ever and one of the finest ClA agent
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by JudasNaKarrot: 8:58am On Mar 24, 2022
See how tall Buhari is in that picture with her, you would think that is how tall his sense is but unfortunately his brain is dwarf.

They are cooking another disaster called Tinubu for us again but thunder will fire them all.
Affliction shall never arise a second time.
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:05am On Mar 24, 2022
A demon just died. Most folks here who know little or nothing about int politics will find it strange hearing negative tales about this woman. She was at the head of policies that resulted in the death of about one million iraqis
She publicly justified the death of 500k people as a result of US targetting of sadam osen, saying that the deaths were worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Nchenches: 9:07am On Mar 24, 2022
naptu2:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60855139

It's like the woman was forceful shaking Buhari's hand. Does Buhari shake women's hand?
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by BewareOf419: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Is that she and OBJ

NO.. She is she and Atiku
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by dataking: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2022
Another war criminal gone
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by gaspology(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2022
Good riddance.
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by Odignity: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2022
�������
Re: Madeleine Albright Is Dead by naptu2: 9:26am On Mar 24, 2022
Nchenches:

It's like the woman was forceful shaking Buhari's hand. Does Buhari shake women's hand?

naptu2:
Much ado about handshakes (this is another old post that has been on my mind for years).

My British cousins were recently arguing over the question of who Boris Johnson shook hands with and who he didn’t shake hands with and that reminded me of an old post that I wanted to make but couldn’t because of lack of time.

President Buhari swore in new ministers a few months after he was inaugurated and some people noticed that he did not shake hands with some of the female ministers and they decided that he did not shake the female ministers’ hands because he was a religious extremist. They held this up as evidence that Buhari was going to “Islamise Nigeria” and declare Sharia law across the country.

I knew that their position was total nonsense because I knew that Buhari had shaken hands with women in the past, but more importantly, I knew why he didn’t shake hands with the female ministers (I’ve been there before).

I’m shocked that nobody has stated the real reason that he did not shake hands with the female ministers.

My experience.

A lot of people in positions of authority came to my house when I was a kid and I shook hands with all of them. Of course I also bowed to them, but I shook hands with all of them. I also shook hands with the elderly people that came to my house, including my grandmother.

However, there were certain encounters that stuck in my mind. I remember a time that a new official was appointed to a certain position. My neighbour’s family was very influential in the institution that the official had just been appointed to head and so he paid a courtesy visit to their house and I was in their house on that day. They introduced me to him as **** son. He looked happy to see me, but something happened that stuck in my mind. I extended my hand for a handshake and there was a momentary look of surprise on his face. It lasted for less than half a second, but I noticed it. He said, “You want to shake the ****” (he mentioned his new title) and then he shook my hand.

There was another encounter that I remember. It was kind of a family event. I got to a certain house and the woman of the house was greeting everybody at the door. I bowed and shook hands with her as I greeted her. I could see a look of absolute shock on her face as I shook hands with her. Much later, my sister whispered to me, “Did you see how shocked she looked when you shook hands with her”?

You see, in Yoruba culture, it is quite unusual for a much younger person to shake hands with a much older person. The younger person is expected to prostrate, stoop, bow, kneel or curtsey. The younger person will only shake the older person’s hand if the older person extends his hand for a handshake.

Similarly, it is unusual for a person in a much lower position in an organisation to shake hands with someone in a much higher positions/someone in a position of authority except if the person in a higher position extends his hand for a handshake.

Many Muslim women do not shake hands with men that are not related to them. This can be awkward for a man who extends his hand to shake a woman. Therefore, many men do not extend their hands for a handshake except the woman extends her hand first.

Think about it the way that you would think about a hug. Would you hug a woman that you’ve just met for the first time? Would you hug a woman that you’ve just met for the first time if she extends her hands for a hug? You would probably respect the woman’s space and only hug her if she extends her hands for a hug, right?

Read this https://medium.com/@hana.jafar09/why-you-should-ask-before-hugging-someone-7825f503ac06

Obasanjo

I was shocked when there was a furore about whether President Buhari shook hands with women, because President Olusegun Obasanjo had observed this practice in a very extreme manner and yet nobody complained.

I noticed that President Olusegun Obasanjo never shook hands with women who wore hijabs, even when the women extended their hands for a handshake. I noticed this for the first time during a national honours award ceremony. An honouree extended her hand for a handshake, but President Obasanjo clasped both of his hands together in front of his chest, instead of shaking hands with her. I later noticed that he did this to any woman that either wore a hijab or was from the far north, even if the woman was Christian and even if the woman extended her hand for a handshake. Yet nobody complained.

Buhari
New ministers were inaugurated in 2015 and an incident during the inauguration ceremony led to the ridiculous claim that President Buhari does not shake hands with women.

The protocol was that, after being sworn in, the minister would sign the register and then shake hands with President Buhari while smiling for the camera. It was Kemi Adeosun’s turn to shake hands with Buhari. Being a Yoruba woman, she waited for President Buhari, who is older and in a higher position of authority, to extend his hand for a handshake. President Buhari, being a northern muslim, waited for Kemi Adeosun, who is a woman, to extend her hand for a handshake. Therefore, because neither of them extended their hand first, there was no handshake.

People picked up on this and said that President Buhari does not shake hands with women and then it became a self-fulfilling prophesy. Other women, because they had heard that Buhari did not shake hands with women, did not extend their hands for a handshake when they met him and therefore, the rumours that Buhari did not shake hands with women continued.

Some people said that "Buhari's refusal to shake hands with women was proof that he was a religious extremist, a bigot and that he wanted to Islamise Nigeria".

I knew that this was just complete nonsense. How did I know? The musician, Onyeka Onwenu was a supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan and he appointed her to head an agency (I’ve forgotten the name of the agency). The members of the board of the agency went to meet and congratulate President Buhari soon after he was sworn in. This was before ministers were inaugurated. President Buhari shook hands with Onyeka Onwenu at that event.

Besides, I had seen Buhari shake hands with women when he was a military head of state in the mid-1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asmoh-gbBmQ

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joshua Mollel: Tanzanian National Taken Hostage By Hamas Confirmed Dead (Photos) / Lithuania Asks All Citizens To Leave Belarus As Global Outrage Continues / County Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.