Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers (16949 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Lecturers So Wicked And Heartless? / Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund / Sex For Grades: BBC To Air Documentary About Nigerian Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by respect80(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
1VOIZ:
No be lie, na that same Dr sale wan sleep with my friend in his office back then.
Comrade abeg no loud this one o grin
I no get strength for vawulence atm grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by yetty247(f): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lecturers lecturers lecturers

How many times I call una??

I switched from cap to half kimar because of them... Mi o le shey ogun missing script
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Immunity04: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Not really But During my days at Forcardo High school, one careless Lecturer after taking our second semester year one exam have the guts to tell us that he misplaced our scripts. I mean in a class consisting more that 204 students.
Though we later retake the exam in our finals I didn't find it easy retaking year one course o� though the man was not punished due to he was highly placed in the society and a university senate member as well.
This was my worst ordeal as a student

1 Like

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by VIKTO83(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Honlucas:

are u sure because we nr dy do pratical for bio151 na bio 154 we dy do pratical.
|remember we buy dissecting kit

We use to do 151 and 101.
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by nnol(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Deeprooted:
grin

Where do I even start from?
Is it the exam officer who gave me C.O in Eco 307 or the one that wanted me to get his book before he could allow me pass his course?

Modified: When I applied for my paper to be remarked, that man brought out both my C.A and exam papers where I scored 73 in total.

It was not added to my CGPA, though the C.O was cancelled. This made me graduated with a CGPA of 3.49
Damn that was a close range to 2:1, if not wickedness dem for just let you go with 2:1.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by VIKTO83(m): 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
I remember.
Genetics, General Biology (Botany, Microbiology, Biochemistry and zoology), Biology practical.
Can't remember their code again.
It's 20yrs now.

Honlucas:

are u sure because we nr dy do pratical for bio151 na bio 154 we dy do pratical.
|remember we buy dissecting kit

1 Like

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
ebuka1511:

This was in FUTO, in my 300Levels, the course was Maritime Insurance. The lecturer was this strict no-nonsense lecturer, that ought to have been a prof, but was still marking time as a Doc. During this course, I noticed the material, Maritime Act he was using to teach was an outed one, there has been a recent update to the Maritime Act. Some of us in the class who has been reading ahead all knew the materials the Doc. was quoting from were obsolete but none wanted to make this know to Mr Lecturer.

I am the type that says it the way it is and will prefer to give it out with my bare hand than wearing hand gloves. So in one of these lectures, I was so bored and restive, cause I know that the information being shared was old and mainly outdated. I raised my hand to make a contribution, and when I was signalled to go ahead, I politely and kindly informed the lecturer that that particular Act we using currently using was outdated and quoted the current Act to him, with some changes. There was a heavy silence in the class. Next thing, I was ordered to leave the class by the lecturer. Even some classmates advised me to leave, but I am this heard strong guy that will never be intimidated, I refused. The class ended with the lecturer walking out of the class.

The lecturer never attended that class again till our exams, all he did was share the lecture materials with our course rep. The whole class all got the material, I inclusive. On the day we were to write the exam for that course, everyone in the class knew for certain that I will be having that particular course a carryover. I prepared well for the course, went in and wrote the exams.

In the next sessions when the result was out, the course was my main focus, everyone in my class was eager to know my score in the course. When I entered the said Lecturer's office to get my grades, he was not too happy to see me, and after going through his grading list, he told me I had a "B" (Mind you I gave all my best for the course my worst-case scenario for that course was a "C"wink in the course and congratulated me on it. This made me respect him the more and I apologised to him during our last class encounter. Prof. Nwokoro, May God continue to bless you as you never victimized me, even when you had every reason to.
lol..brotherly. I graduated from MMT too.. Can we have a private discussion?
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Ihedinuwa69(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
uncleck:
Very many years ago, in a philosophy lecture. As a year 1 student with many religious orientation about God's existence and creations, I was so confident that I could prove to my lecturer that there was nothing like evolution.

Well, when the stage was set, he asked me only three questions that even myself knew that the answers I gave were foolish. At the end, over 90% of the class became indifferent to both creationism and evolution
Can you share the questions here I want to compare
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Deeprooted: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
nnol:
Damn that was a close range to 2:1, if not wickedness dem for just let you go with 2:1.

So disheartening my bro
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by joemag: 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
Prolific007:
Mine is quite funny because I was accused wrongly when we went for a field trip in our 300L. I had this Muslim gal I was dating back in school and the whole school knew about us because whenever you see me you l'll see her even as we were course mates. So in the field trip the Hausa/Fulani lecturers Mr. Manor and Dr. Dankishia that went with us conspired and did an unannounced roll call by sending the course representative to my room and hers to ask after us and unfortunately he met our absence and that was it. This men took it upon themselves to make sure i carry over the course by even walking me out of the exams hall. All this was just because I'm a Christian but God pass them and that was how I went to the exam coordinator, who came and made sure they allowed me to write my exams. Since I live on a tree why won't think I went out to kpansh. The good news is that she's my fiancee now.
This must be a FUDMA student. Are you Kelvin?
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by OluwaJohn77: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
respect80:
Back then, Mr Ahmed who was a math101 lecturer once told us that we were just wasting our time that we can't answer his questions during a test.

Dr Sale, a chem 101 lecturer also told me how it took him 6 years to obtain his first degree that do I think I would just come and obtain my degree and go like that? This is simply because I insisted there must have been a mistake that there was no way I could have gotten a C in chem101 after scoring 27/30 in the test which was later confirmed to be a mistake, or perhaps deliberately just to include me among those who have to grease his palms to pass
Kogi State University 2012 Mathematical Science 100l set
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by respect80(m): 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
OluwaJohn77:

Kogi State University 2012 Mathematical Science 100l set
Maximum respect ✌️
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Biodundimeji(m): 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
VIKTO83:
My early year in UNN. Can't forget that Bio 151. The bastard said I was peeping when actually I stood up to examine specimen. The lecturer asked me to stand up till d end of the exam period and me wey get gut like mad man told him that when others will submit their answer scripts I'll be writing mine to make up d period he asked me to stand . Bastard thought d small boy was joking and I kept to my words.
Truth being that those lecturers prey on ur gulliblility and naivety and so think only to frustrate u.
He knew what stress it take people to get admitted to study Med-Surg but me no care because I was a pure Diobu boy (if u know what I mean). Though i was very dmall but i got d heart of Lion
For I know that if I don't take d step I'll fail and if I take d step and d thing bounce I'll still fail.
So I decided to fail with honour.
My mumu classmates waited by d window to see what becomes if d drama. When I finished in d time frame of the 45mins I was standing without writing, I proceeded to submit d script at d collation hall at Biology dept.
In fact yo cut d story short, I, myself and me dragged the Ass-hole to senate and it was d time Prof Chinedu Nebo became d VC newly.
Me finally got grace speaking for me and my B-grade was finally awarded.
It was a combination of bravery and grace. But those guys are just like our politicians...them too do.

But when I got to UK I saw things differently. I saw lecturers as mentors...those wanting y to be better than them. They want to see d best in u.

grin grin
The man would be shocked grin
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by uncleck: 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ihedinuwa69:

Can you share the questions here I want to compare
Kukjuiu11661:
Zhshsh
It's been about 15 years... I can't remember the questions, but they all bordered around proof of God's existence. The lecture itself was about existentialism
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Faithy247: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
djflexcy:
Please how do I get to Jibowu from Ajah through public transport

From Ajah take a bus going to Obalende, then from Obalende you will take another bus going to Yaba stop at Waec bus stop and ask around or take a bike 100 naira to jibowu that is if you can't trek cause it's not far from Waec bustop
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Josbreed: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
It was in my HND1, in the National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom, Plateau State. During our clinical practicals. The Vet Doctor asked one of our course mates that if a dog is vomiting blood, what could be the cause? Actually, it was a simple question in the department but this guy doesn't know the answer, and I was kind of embarrassed if he failed to give the correct answer and I was anxious to answer the question on his behalf. Or, I was trying to find a way to whisper the answer to him so that he doesn't embarrassed himself in the clinic. Mind you, we did not use our names in school, rather every body is known by their matric number. We either call you 602 or 637 or 690 or something laidat. The lecturer, may God rest his soul was my tribe. My anxiousness made me to whisper the answer to him to the hearing of everyone in the clinic. The lecturer in anger asked me to immediately leave the clinic for my inability to restrain my tongue, to hang outside. I left the clinic and went to the college cyber café. It was 3 hours later, after every every, my course mates were telling me that the lecturer told one of my course mates to call me back in using my own name and I was nowhere to be found. I never knew he knew my name because we didn't use our names officially in school. I was shocked. Las las I passed the course with flying colours.
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Realhabee(f): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
[It seems you attended ksu.quote author=respect80 post=111496626]Back then, Mr Ahmed who was a math101 lecturer once told us that we were just wasting our time that we can't answer his questions during a test.

Dr Sale, a chem 101 lecturer also told me how it took him 6 years to obtain his first degree that do I think I would just come and obtain my degree and go like that? This is simply because I insisted there must have been a mistake that there was no way I could have gotten a C in chem101 after scoring 27/30 in the test which was later confirmed to be a mistake, or perhaps deliberately just to include me among those who have to grease his palms to pass
[/quote]
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Bashnigga(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
vicfajeze:
Para for ur LECTURER?I go slap ur death smelly mouth
Mr man there was an attendance list that showed i was present during the exam.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by GboyegaD(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kellzzyy:

Lies.
Everybody on Nairaland is forming intelligent.
Who then are the cultists parading the school campuses?

That you need to lie to be who you are not doesn't mean everyone does the same. I don't know if you went to a university where cultist parade themselves on campus however, I went to one that we boast that there are no cultists in our university.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by respect80(m): 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
seems you attended ksu.
Realhabee:
[It quote author=respect80 post=111496626]Back then, Mr Ahmed who was a math101 lecturer once told us that we were just wasting our time that we can't answer his questions during a test.

I know say una full here grin
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Zaynkad: 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
During my extra year i registered two course but i was pregnant then and fell really sick. I managed to write both exams. I couldn't find one result and the other one i didn't pass. All my efforts to make them release my results has been futile even after showing evidence that i left the hospital to write d exam.

The other course i pleaded to be released because i only have 5 marks to go but to no avail.

I later lost my baby and now i have another year on my milk. I can't complain because struggles is part of life. I only wish my husband can get a job so we can start living because we are just struggling and feeding from hand to mouth

Life can be really hard and tiring but when there is life there is always hope a d i am forever grateful to be alive and not struggling with any incurable disease or worst situations that i have found some people living in

I am also praying for the fruit of the womb soon and believe children will bring blessings

We move

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by vicfajeze: 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=Bashnigga post=111509469]
Mr man there was an attendance list that showed i was present during the exam. [/quote. WHICH EXAM?Show US D ATTENDANCE LIST MR MAN.U TOO DEY LIE.BYE DWAY,WHICH SCHOOL DID U ATTEND?
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Honlucas: 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=VIKTO83 post=111506723]I remember.
Genetics, General Biology (Botany, Microbiology, Biochemistry and zoology), Biology practical.
Can't remember their code again.
It's 20yrs now.

[/quote

yea bro
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Kimiso(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

There was this hansome neat young lecturer back then . Man was so intelligent, and I love him so much, that no man matters again except him and I do all I could to be noticed by him but to no avail, it was really frustrating.

Anytime I want to masturbate, I fantasized about him making love to me, and it was heavenly when I fantasized about him.

My ugly experience was, till I leave school this man never for once say hi to me, nor observed that I was giving him all the green light in the world. Till date, it's very painful that I didn't have a taste of that man's dick.
wow,hotty bea,i hope someday i can have a round from you tongue tongue
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Aaay: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Very ugly
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by Unlettered: 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
During my final semester as an undergrad, coming for my final year project. My unfortunate supervisor was told that my uncle was contesting for the gubernatorial seat in my state. So he decided that he’ll write my project for and i should just come and pay up 100k. That was in 2011
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by OluwaJohn77: 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
respect80:

Maximum respect ✌️
That year na Mr. Orji show me pepper, last last we graduate. Nothing last forever

1 Like

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by respect80(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
OluwaJohn77:

That year na Mr. Orji show me pepper, last last we graduate. Nothing last forever
That one wey dey carry Bluetooth for ear the take oppress us that year. cheesy
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by jagorinho: 12:04am On Mar 31, 2022
Kimiso:
Gullible Nigerians, that person you quoted is a full grown man, he was alive during buhari's first regime in the military era.
Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by sirgalahad26(m): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2022
My problems with lecturers started from 200L when I decided to drop the class rep duty.
Most of my lecturers were furious and curious about my decision and it's simply because
I can't handle the stress anymore, I was tired
I got a job outside school and it will be affecting me
I also want to be free like every other student
But these people refused to reason with me some concluded that I've joined bad gang, ever since it has been mini victimizations, emi gan ti go rogue grin
Academic/Exam Experiences
Dr. C.O.O
Won't come to class until 2 weeks to exam, run the whole course in 2 weeks and still set maaaad questions in exam people always cry after results.
Prof. O.T
This one did not teach us until 300L, we have a nursing mother has coursemate. One day during lectures, the baby was crying and this man legit offered to pet the baby only for him to tell the child "don't be like your mom o, your mom is an olodo"
Prof. Ogundeji
This always boast about you not getting above 55 in his courses, one day he told a girl who's retaking the course the 3rd time "you again?! I'm tired of seeing you every year, get out of this class and Goan delete this course" I was visibly irritated by this and this almost led to a carryover.
Prof. M.O.A.
I've not forgiven you o, I 34/40 in his CA and he could not explain how I got 10/60 in exam, pass mark is 45.
Dr. A.B and Dr. M.E
These are the only lecturers that will give you an A in their courses, though Dr.A get weyrey, students in the whole faculty dreads her but you can never get below B

1 Like

Re: Share Your Ugly Experience With Nigerian Lecturers by sirgalahad26(m): 12:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Kimiso:
Ode nie grin
You'll be easy to scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Approved 12 Universities / DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.