Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,103 members, 7,949,798 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola (403 Views)

Yahaya Bello's Campaign Flag Off In Idah, Kogi (Photos) / Yoruba Should Vote Buhari To Honour My Father – Abiola’s Son / Our People Should Vote Buhari To Honour My Late Father - Abiola’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Johnjames11: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2022
The DG expressed the confidence that Mr Bello would clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress irrespective of the zone of the National Chairman.

Hafsat Abiola, Director-General, Yahaya Bello Presidential Campaign Organisation, says she is leading the campaign efforts of the Kogi governor because she sees the qualities needed to take Nigeria to its right destination in him.

Ms Abiola, daughter of late Chief M.K.O Abiola, acclaimed winner of the 1993 presidential elections, said on Sunday in Lagos that one of the similarities between her late philanthropist father and the Kogi governor, was that they both refused to have political godfathers.

This, she said, was responsible for the persecution the governor had faced by different interests and the controversies around his administration.

The DG expressed the confidence that Mr Bello would clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress irrespective of the zone of the National Chairman.

“Nigerians must be given the free hand to choose their leaders. That is the meaning of democracy. My father did not contest to represent zoning interests. His interest was Nigeria and Nigeria alone,” she said.

She added that another similarity was that the late MKO believed in a United Nigeria, just like Mr Bello, noting that he also treated everyone around him with respect regardless of their social standing.

“These are the same qualities I have seen in the Kogi governor. He dared to contest, not minding that he was from a minority tribe in Kogi and won, and he has come out again. My father did the same, when it was believed that a Yoruba man could not be President.

“Yahaya Bello is the best man for the job. And you know me, I’m not driven by pecuniary considerations. I do what I believe in. In the next seven weeks, we will be working hard, and when we emerge, we will deliver a Nigeria of our dreams,” she said.

She said her father would have been happy to see that a young, courageous man like Mr Bello had done everything to bring back his Hope ’93 in Hope ’23, with the same person that did the manifesto on board – Sen. Jonathan Zwingina.

Many Nigerians from all walks of life had stormed the Eagle Square at the nation’s capital on Saturday to witness the official acceptance of Mr Bello to vie for the 2023 Presidency.

While declaring his intention to run, Mr Bello reiterated that he had demonstrated capacity to lead Nigeria in his present assignment as the governor of Kogi, noting that, for him, all that mattered was Nigeria and the wellbeing of citizens.

Ms Abiola pointed out that the presidential aspirant had the right marks where the votes were – women and youths – adding that being the first female Director-General of a presidential campaign organisation was an attestation to Mr Bello’s unrivalled record in women inclusion.

(NAN)

Source: https://thetrumpetng.com/im-leading-yahaya-bellos-campaign-because-he-has-same-qualities-as-my-father-hafsat-abiola/

Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Truthisunique2: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2022
Yoruba people sha

See as she even be like man

1 Like

Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by happiness32: 9:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Only a Yahaya Bello can unite Nigeria
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by OBALOLA55(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2022
embarassed
Johnjames11:

Hafsat Abiola, Director-General, Yahaya Bello Presidential Campaign Organisation, says she is leading the campaign efforts of the Kogi governor because she sees the qualities needed to take Nigeria to its right destination in him.

Ms Abiola, daughter of late Chief M.K.O Abiola, acclaimed winner of the 1993 presidential elections, said on Sunday in Lagos that one of the similarities between her late philanthropist father and the Kogi governor, was that they both refused to have political godfathers.

This, she said, was responsible for the persecution the governor had faced by different interests and the controversies around his administration.

“Nigerians must be given the free hand to choose their leaders. That is the meaning of democracy. My father did not contest to represent zoning interests. His interest was Nigeria and Nigeria alone,” she said.

She added that another similarity was that the late MKO believed in a United Nigeria, just like Mr Bello, noting that he also treated everyone around him with respect regardless of their social standing.

“These are the same qualities I have seen in the Kogi governor. He dared to contest, not minding that he was from a minority tribe in Kogi and won, and he has come out again. My father did the same, when it was believed that a Yoruba man could not be President.

“Yahaya Bello is the best man for the job. And you know me, I’m not driven by pecuniary considerations. I do what I believe in. In the next seven weeks, we will be working hard, and when we emerge, we will deliver a Nigeria of our dreams,” she said.

She said her father would have been happy to see that a young, courageous man like Mr Bello had done everything to bring back his Hope ’93 in Hope ’23, with the same person that did the manifesto on board – Sen. Jonathan Zwingina.

Many Nigerians from all walks of life had stormed the Eagle Square at the nation’s capital on Saturday to witness the official acceptance of Mr Bello to vie for the 2023 Presidency.

While declaring his intention to run, Mr Bello reiterated that he had demonstrated capacity to lead Nigeria in his present assignment as the governor of Kogi, noting that, for him, all that mattered was Nigeria and the wellbeing of citizens.

Ms Abiola pointed out that the presidential aspirant had the right marks where the votes were – women and youths – adding that being the first female Director-General of a presidential campaign organisation was an attestation to Mr Bello’s unrivalled record in women inclusion.

(NAN)

Source: https://thetrumpetng.com/im-leading-yahaya-bellos-campaign-because-he-has-same-qualities-as-my-father-hafsat-abiola/
embarassed
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Naijafever1: 9:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Yahaya Bello winning will shock some. Not surprising to me cos baba has worked hard for it
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Oluboh: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2022
Appointing MKO Abiola's daughter as DG was a very smart approach
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Lawlab253: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2022
Ok
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by christejames(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2022
Buhari has really dealt with Nigerians by plaguing us with hunger to the extent that we are now bereft of any modicum of morality in us...

She should be truthful to herself that the journey she is about to embark with this misfit of a governor won't even scratch the surface.

RIP Hungerbad!
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Oluboh: 9:51am On Apr 04, 2022
christejames:
Buhari has really dealt with Nigerians by plaguing us with hunger to the extent that we are now bereft of any modicum of morality in us...

She should be truthful to herself that the journey she is about to embark with this misfit of a governor won't even scratch the surface.

RIP Hungerbad!

This one thinks money buys everything. Poverty mentality

1 Like

Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Ogamysamo: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2022
All We Need Is Good Governance Which I Don't See In This Ruling Party. Another Poisonous Change So Help Us Lord
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by heniford2: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2022
This bone of a girl grin
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Padipadi: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2022
This ugly pikin of Abiola that carried the ugly part of his dad.
We v seen you. Your Yaya Bello is not fit for president.
Maybe as president of carpenters in Ebiraland. Cos his Yaya name na carpenter it fit
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by afroedo: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2022
you don't know your father, if you compare him to bello
Re: I’m Gov Bello’s Campaign DG Because He Has Same Qualities As My Father: Abiola by Mynd44: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2022

(1)

2023: Why Nigerians Don’t Trust Igbos – Apostle Suleman / Zelensky Says Ukraine Needs $7 Billion In Assistance Per Month / Ibadan North 2023 : Hon Taiwo Lekan Salami Declares For Federal Rep Ibadan North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.