Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,854 members, 7,930,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:09 PM

Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles (16864 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Betscoreodds: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2022
bn365:

I don't fool myself. I don't like others trying to fool me.
I seek out the truth for my conscience's sake.
Fold your hand and wait for a link or choose to believe the oppressor
I used to love the West. I supported Obama until i realized what they were truly about.
I hope you find the truth but i don't think i want to waste my time with you

Obama could not even do one good thing for Africa except to spread homosexuality..

The white man in the west is really mental.

9 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Father4all: 11:59am On Apr 06, 2022
Alexpre11:
dollar is heading slowing to N700

Is time, to learn how alternative mean you can earn online especially earning in Dollar.
Join us on WhatsApp to learn how you can make $1000(N560k) monthly selling different products online to countrues like US and UK that has high purchasing power.

You are just the middle man selling products for profit. While your suppliers will take care of the shipping.

So for example if the wholesale price of a bag on Aliexpress is $100, you can add up to $50 to it. So you will advertise the price of the bag for $150. And when you make a sell take out your profit $50. You supplier will fulfill the order and deliver the goods to your buyer.

What if you sell that product 20 times/ monthly ie $1000 in profit.

Join online WhatsApp community to learn more.
>>>>>

Join Here
The person posting this how much have you earned?
Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by benardtotti(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
CharleyBright:

Doesn't that notion also applies to a bully like Russia?
Quick to call the West Imperialist, but refrain from calling Russia a bully that they are.
And yet if I keep 2 visas - one to US and the other to Russia,. You will pick the one of US hundred times hundred without considering Russia that you are rooting for.

Hypocrites

You guys keep comparing visas unfortunately your logic is flawed , the reason most Nigerians go for Canada, USA or UK is because of ease of language , let me ask you if they give you 2 visas one for France the other to USA which would you choose ?be honest ?

7 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Coronavirus1: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Redemption77:
Slovakia should be sanctioned as well!
No sane individual, group or country should support Russia in any way; directly or indirectly.
So his country should be in darkness Oga

1 Like

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by yusfaith78(m): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Redemption77:
No sane individual, group or country should support Russia in any way; directly or indirectly.

Have you ever been to Europe? Because if you have, you will understand why they have to pay in Rubles. Or do you think they need the gas for just cooking? Gas is like water in Europe. You need it everyday else you will die of extreme cold.

3 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by texazzpete(m): 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
You know the war is going badly for you when you’re celebrating Slovakia saying they could pay in rubles.

The leading economies in the EU have flatly refused to pay in rubles, and russia won’t dare cut the gas.
Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
You won't see that myopic boy called Fernandez or whatever his name is in this thread. Let him come and talk rubbish, maybe this is also a fake news..

2 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by colestephan86: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha I never trusted all this small European countries, they can't take the heat unlike the bigger economy, I know this day will come and more to join them but putin will still be put to shame ,USA billionaires are mostly technology experts while Russian billionaires are mostly people in oil and gas business like Nigeria billionaires, so there is no way Russia will become world power even if putin butcher half of Europe, he can't emerge world power ,technology rules the world in this century
you are just talking, is USA more technologically advanced than Germany or Japan?

2 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Teaser4(m): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
Masterito:
Only if you understand the strategic mess it will cause for Russia. Well only a few will understand. I can't explain, I no get that time.
i never ask you too shalaye, even if you do, I won’t read…save your stories for who wan hear am

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by tnerro1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
buJu234:
unlike the oil market, the gas market is very tight, which is why EU hasn't been able to get a good supplier..

also, if Russia closes its tap and the EU suffers and then end gets up getting a good supplier, then the Russian gas will become worthless..

It’s like you saying you won’t buy gas from your neighbor @ 500 because you don’t like his face , instead you prefer to buy @ 5000 from the next street. On the long run, na you go suffer am especially if you are using it for business

2 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by peteofi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
buJu234:
unlike the oil market, the gas market is very tight, which is why EU hasn't been able to get a good supplier..

also, if Russia closes its tap and the EU suffers and then end gets up getting a good supplier, then the Russian gas will become worthless..
How? Europe will get gas from OPEC countries and do you think the Saudis will sell cheap? They refused to take Biden's call because they knew he will ask for increased production. Let Europe negotiate with Russia, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by tonididdy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2022
aribisala0:
"better" takes many factors into account. Proximity and price are not the only considerations. Reliability is very important too especially in the current political climate
Reliability? Who doesn't want to sell oil... Lol oga Sidon well.
Nor be who get money dey go market?
Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by tonididdy(m): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
texazzpete:
You know the war is going badly for you when you’re celebrating Slovakia saying they could pay in rubles.

The leading economies in the EU have flatly refused to pay in rubles, and russia won’t dare cut the gas.

I won't dare to cut my own gas?
You think this is Nigeria where the air you breathe revolves around oil.
It's a matter of time before they all succumb

1 Like

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by tonididdy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
You won't see one myopic boy called Fernandez or what his name is in this thread. Let him come and talk rubbish, maybe this is also a fake news..
Shockingly I read he's a girl and not a boy or maybe he's a bobrisky grin

3 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by tonididdy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
donbrowser:

US visa or Russian visa
Is this enough to lick ass because of US visa?

1 Like

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by tonididdy(m): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
seunny4lif:

Have ever be to a cold country before?
Check weather report of European countries today and you will understand why?
Russia provided EU will cheapest gas else EU companies will lose competitions to India, China, South Korea and Japan.
Today PM of Netherlands said inflation is all time high in Holland as the sanctions because price of things are on the rise because of the war .
Hungary is considering paying for gas supplies from Russia in rubles, Hungarian Foreign Minister
U dey mind those gullibles.
A president should allow his Nation suffer discomfort just to please a fellow Nation that did not come to this earth before anybody else.

3 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Appleyard(m): 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
bn365:

It's all about visas for a whole lot of people that are in support of the US.
Just a few weeks ago, a global lockdown and tyranny were imposed on the whole world. Lives and livelihoods were destroyed.
When they start losing the propaganda war in Ukraine, they will revive the pandemic and fear-mongering

It tells you how people have been mentally enslaved.

5 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Appleyard(m): 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Maynman:

They never said such, can you send a link to the video you watched?
The link for the post is from a Russian controlled news outlet.

Here is what Hungary said...

https://www.kitco.com/news/2022-04-06/Breaking-ranks-with-EU-Hungary-says-ready-to-pay-for-Russian-gas-in-roubles.html

If you want balance news, stop over relying on Google's algorithm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by DerrickzB: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
[s]
Redemption77:
[/s]

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonididdy:

Shockingly I read he's a girl and not a boy or maybe he's a bobrisky grin
transgendered! Lol.. So many things dey happen for this forum ooh!

2 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Iamsalis: 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
sammytovic:
[color=#006600][/color]Putin mission to end Western imperialism still on course.
The end of petrodollar is very near.

6 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Iamsalis: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
texazzpete:

Germany which is the economic power house of the EU imports 85% of its gas from Russia and has also predicted a decline in its economic growth with about 1% this month. Where else would the EU look for gas, it would never come cheap as that of Russia's and I bet you,were ever else they look won't be able to meet their demand. India and China have refused to condemn the war because they are waiting like a vulture to feed on Russian gas if they don't sell to EU.

Think Putin wants to bring an end to petrodollar,What they killed Gaddafi for. If Russia wasn't a world power the Western imperialist would have invaded them with the speed of light. The proxy war USA is fighting from Ukraine is a miss calculation which has made others country's to think twice of their foreign reserve which could be frozen or "stolen" as said by Putin, an example is that of Afghanistan where US has taking their foreign reserve and want to share it to 911 victims and NGO's. This would make all country want to trade in their own currency.(the strong economic countries ooo)
I feel sorry for Ukrainian's who voted a comedian who doesn't know what world politics is and who hasn't gone to read the history of how USA who lead you to start a war and leave u alone when the wars starts eg
Georgia.
Been popular doesn't make you a good and smart leader,that's what citizens get for voting people like BUBU and zelensky . shocked grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by amaridigital(m): 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
Caseless:
I weep for Nigeria.

WEEP NOT CHILD.... By Camara Laye
Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by bepositive11: 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
Please relocate to Russia

The hypocrisy. Go and see how Russians are suffering under Putin. Imagine, the average Russian is poorer than the average Indian

You people are destined to keep electing horrible leaders. Smh

Rugaria:
We're making progress!
They will all pay! In Rubbles..
Gods intention while creating the world was not to have a universe that revolves around some gruesome western imperialists for ever.
Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Demolakay: 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha I never trusted all this small European countries, they can't take the heat unlike the bigger economy, I know this day will come and more to join them but putin will still be put to shame ,USA billionaires are mostly technology experts while Russian billionaires are mostly people in oil and gas business like Nigeria billionaires, so there is no way Russia will become world power even if putin butcher half of Europe, he can't emerge world power ,technology rules the world in this century
uv fgotten dey were once d world power.who would bliv China will b rivalling USA today economically.Russia has all d potential to become a world power again,even d USA knws dis,dats why dey are doing evrytin to maintain d status quo.

2 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by emmaodet: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
bn365:

It's all about visas for a whole lot of people that are in support of the US.
Just a few weeks ago, a global lockdown and tyranny were imposed on the whole world. Lives and livelihoods were destroyed.
When they start losing the propaganda war in Ukraine, they will revive the pandemic and fear-mongering

grin grin grin grin

I am also surprised that most people supporting US are mostly doing that because of visa.
People are very very funny.
They don't even know that the US they are supporting is mainly the reason they are suffering.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by emmaodet: 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
djseanjohn77:

It is not that easy my friend, they need to first construct pipe line, and other logistics takes years -Another alternative is other sources of energy, if those were possible, they would have done that even before now.

Now it's getting real why the WESt hates Russia, they hate giving out money, the wish they can get it for free or through trade....As it is, Russia buys nothing from the WESt, as such are wealthier and more independent.

At bolded ........ If there is something have learnt about this war, it is that the west(US/EU/NATO) don't like to rely on others BUT want others to rely HEAVILY on them.
You can see the way their politicians are making DRASTIC steps to wean themselves out of russia oil by looking for alternative sellers from arab countries and long time plan by bringing in electric cars. All these moves just not to rely on africa or middle east or russia yet want all these countries to depend heavily on their own DOLLARS and exports like technology all just to have our balls in their hands.
All the institutions they created ... IMF, World Bank, ICJ, World trade center etc are there to fight other countries by proxy(from afar without stepping on your shores or using force) to first finish you before finanly using their foot soldiers to clear off the struggling defence on ground.
They are devilish in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by texazzpete(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
Iamsalis:

Germany which is the economic power house of the EU imports 85% of its gas from Russia and has also predicted a decline in its economic growth with about 1% this month. Where else would the EU look for gas, it would never come cheap as that of Russia's and I bet you,were ever else they look won't be able to meet their demand. India and China have refused to condemn the war because they are waiting like a vulture to feed on Russian gas if they don't sell to EU.

Think Putin wants to bring an end to petrodollar,What they killed Gaddafi for. If Russia wasn't a world power the Western imperialist would have invaded them with the speed of light. The proxy war USA is fighting from Ukraine is a miss calculation which has made others country's to think twice of their foreign reserve which could be frozen or "stolen" as said by Putin, an example is that of Afghanistan where US has taking their foreign reserve and want to share it to 911 victims and NGO's. This would make all country want to trade in their own currency.(the strong economic countries ooo)
I feel sorry for Ukrainian's who voted a comedian who doesn't know what world politics is and who hasn't gone to read the history of how USA who lead you to start a war and leave u alone when the wars starts eg
Georgia.
Been popular doesn't make you a good and smart leader,that's what citizens get for voting people like BUBU and zelensky . shocked grin cheesy

When you said Zelensky started the war, I knew I was dealing with a grade A clown �

And it’s easy to see you’re getting your material from propaganda sources and you haven’t put much thought into things. Because if you had, you’d know that Russia can Ill afford to cut off gas exports to their biggest markets because not only would they lose a ton of money, but that would heavily incentivize these markets to permanently move away from Russian Gas.

Gas delivery contracts are long term deals and are firm contracts. One party cannot unilaterally change the deal without the entire thing being voided or renegotiated. And Russia doesn’t want that at all.

Speaking of Zelensky, There’s a reason why his poll numbers and popularity continues to rise and rise. He’s currently being hailed globally as a symbol of strong leadership, while your paranoid tyrant hides away �

1 Like

Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by texazzpete(m): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonididdy:

I won't dare to cut my own gas?
You think this is Nigeria where the air you breathe revolves around oil.
It's a matter of time before they all succumb

Russia makes a ton of money from gas sales, and it takes time to get a new market. If they wean Germany off Russian gas, that’s a market lost permanently. Also significant leverage lost over the EU.

Russia can’t try it.

Putin don already capitulate on this payments issue sef. Because germany and France have flatly refused to pay in rubles
Re: Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles by Iamsalis: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
texazzpete:

When you said Zelensky started the war, I knew I was dealing with a grade A clown �

And it’s easy to see you’re getting your material from propaganda sources and you haven’t put much thought into things. Because if you had, you’d know that Russia can Ill afford to cut off gas exports to their biggest markets because not only would they lose a ton of money, but that would heavily incentivize these markets to permanently move away from Russian Gas.

Gas delivery contracts are long term deals and are firm contracts. One party cannot unilaterally change the deal without the entire thing being voided or renegotiated. And Russia doesn’t want that at all.

Speaking of Zelensky, There’s a reason why his poll numbers and popularity continues to rise and rise. He’s currently being hailed globally as a symbol of strong leadership, while your paranoid tyrant hides away �

Please state were I said Zelensky started the war and please retract that derogatory word you used cos you look like the grade A++ clown who is already brainwashed with Western media.
While discussing a topic like this provide logical answers with empirical verifiable evidence to backup your claims.
Let zelensky enjoy all the media hype for now owned by the western imperialist (bbc cnn and co) posterity would judge him in few years to come. Russia offered him to negotiate before the invasion, he thought US and NATO would respond, but they left him at the last hour with we would provide you with ammunitions.
The western imperialist knew zelensky is dumb that's why they used him and ruined is country, why didn't they use Finland to start the proxy war.
Thanks to countries like China, North korea, Iran and Russia. What these western imperialist would have done to countries with natural resources would be worst than slave trade.
See what they did to Iraq and libya and I know to people like you George bush, Obama, Nicolas sarkozy are heroes to you after committing war crimes and walking freely and you want Putin to be arrested for these same crimes. Abeg be objective when you open your mouth to talk.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama's Law Professor On His Failures As President / Most Outstanding African Presidents / Ghana Sends Deadly, Lethal And Brainy Soldiers To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.