Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,064 members, 7,973,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:06 PM

FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities (37447 Views)

Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2022
Can they just stop establishing more universities and focus on establishing industries. Where will all these graduates work?
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Ikpongiton: 6:40am On Apr 07, 2022
NobleAngell:
Pls this is not the pressing issue. How about waking up to a headline like "Nigeria's electricity supply increases by 100%"? Or "Kidnappers, bandits are robbers caught along Kaduna road and sentenced to life imprisonment"?
Or "All Federal universities to be renovated and all strikes suspended as lecturers get paid their unsettled allowances"?
Or even "Buhari resigns and goes on exile"?
Don't we deserve some goodnews in
Nigeria? Where did we go wrong?
the last time we woke up to good news, was in 90's, when BBC announced the death of abacha.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by walozanga(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2022
Omodua:
Illiterate spotted.
Madonna university is a glorified secondary school?
For sure, you're an illiterate who is uninformed. Go back to classes to learn more.

U are an idiot, u think u know the school more than me. I was once part of that messed up system. What is there in okija campus?
Who is the illiterate here , u think University is all about the classroom? U are vucked upstairs.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Cognitivereason: 7:03am On Apr 07, 2022
Kokaine:
do you see how infuriating this news is to me. Why are they opening new private universities when the government ones go on strike every time. How many Nigerians can pay the fees for private schools now. Are they trying to eradicate university education for the average Nigerian now?

So they should deny them license because public ones are on strike?..
U complain no investment or employment in Nigeria...do u know how many jobs just one of this institution can create..
In the uni. U went to...dat if u even went...
Are nearly a thousand or atleast 500 not gainfully employed
Besides...there is no tangible reason why private entity should be denied license to invest in education..take emotions out of it ..

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Cognitivereason: 7:09am On Apr 07, 2022
stanisbaratheon:
The insensitivity of this government reeks to high heavens. Public universities are on strike due to poor funding and here they are trying to fund/establish new universities.

What point is this government trying to prove?? Or is the government mocking the citizens??
Maybe u put pepper in ur eye to not see that they gave license to private entity to establish universities with their own money not government's
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by lagosrd: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2022
Building universities in areas populated by out of school children. They have a plan Nigerians don't know about ...
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Cognitivereason: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
It's okay to differ but make sure you contribute without being rude.
It's unfortunate you can't see how abandoning public universities and allowing alternatives will affect them.

By the way,
[b]Did it occur to you that these schools won't be free?How many Nigerians will be able to afford them?[/b]Where will the manpower come from?New graduates or the ones from the public you refused to pay?

Is decongesting the schools the problem or equipping them with modern facilities and paying the staff? Your suggestion is tantamount to destroying the ones they have and allowing substandard ones start.This will further waterdown the quality of higher education in Nigeria.

Need I remind you that it'd take time for those schools to get full accreditation?
Maybe you think every private university is Covenant.

Friend, it is not as simplistic as you are making it look.There are ripple effects and no one who loves this country should support anyone who waste resources on useless ventures and become frugal when it comes to education.

The Simple logic should have been improve/preserve the ones you have, equip them,motivate the academics and staff. Those 12 new universities can wait, we already have
43 Federal universities
48 State universities and
79 Private universities many of which you'll be shocked if you visit

It unfortunate how u think 43 federal and 48 state universities are enough for over 200 million people
No be only by equipping them and motivating lecturers..how will someone score 305 in jamb and still be rejected because of no sufficient admission space..
U think high cut off mark is because the course is good.. absolutely not..it is because there are not sufficient space to absorb the demand
...if private venture come in and say they can take away some of the burdens..why deny them?

Secondly it takes time for private institution to be fully accredited same it is for public ones..inshort mention any public ones that have all it courses 100% accredited...this excuse is stale

And lastly
Not everybody is broke as u think...if those building these expensive institution don't see a market or class of people who will attend for them to make profit...tell me why dey still venture into it...or you think u are wiser than them
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by yanabasee(m): 7:23am On Apr 07, 2022
wiseoneking:
Kip kwayet. Not all private University are like that. You can get admission to Covenant Uni with 3 credits or into Madonna, igbinedion etc. Say what you know

Olodo....

You need to go and take your injections.... Bastard...
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by snoopz: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2022
Kano Niger, gombe and that other state will only use it as edifice Dem no sabi wetin people dey do for school, patapata dey will bomb it again
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by dbestuncle: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2022
NobleAngell:
Pls this is not the pressing issue. How about waking up to a headline like "Nigeria's electricity supply increases by 100%"? Or "Kidnappers, bandits are robbers caught along Kaduna road and sentenced to life imprisonment"?
Or "All Federal universities to be renovated and all strikes suspended as lecturers get paid their unsettled allowances"?
Don't we deserve some goodnews in Nigeria? Where did we go wrong?
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by onyxo76(m): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2022
Hmm, while the old federal universities continue to rot away.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Speeedy(m): 8:03am On Apr 07, 2022
ASUU is busy striking while FGN is privatizing tertiary education from the back door. In 10years time. ASUU will be a weak union like NUT and the public universities like Federal Unity colleges.

That's when ASUU will realise decades of strike is an unwise decision after all and by then it'll be too late.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by edoairways: 8:10am On Apr 07, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Ignorance is a disease. Don't you know as the person rightly said,that most of the private universities accept and admit low jamb score students?
They don't except for few ,moreover, Jamb score does not determine intelligency. A student may score high in Jamb yet graduate with a low grade while another will score low but graduate with a high score. Cut off point was initiated because of the capacity of our universities countrywide. For example, how will someone score 305 in jamb and still be rejected because of no sufficient admission space?
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by edoairways: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2022
Speeedy:
ASUU is busy striking while FGN is privatizing tertiary education from the back door. In 10years time. ASUU will be a weak union like NUT and the public universities like Federal Unity colleges.

That's when ASUU will realise decades of strike is an unwise decision after all and by then it'll be too late.
You are blaming with this assertion of yours however this is what ASUU is against
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by derecho(m): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2022
I started laughing when I got to 200million people as if the 200million people are the ones writing Jamb... As much as I won't want to dwell on that,the 200million includes the millions of graduates out of the universities and many who aren't planning to even go to university. So when next you bandy figures think well.

We've not even talked about polytechnics o.

Now to address the essentials,
How many people are in our Federal universities? And who scored 305 in jamb, passed post-utme and was refused admission simply because no sufficient admission space? Telling lies won't help you.

The bolded is subjective so I'll skip that.

Cognitivereason:

It unfortunate how u think 43 federal and 48 state universities are enough for over 200 million people
No be only by equipping them and motivating lecturers..how will someone score 305 in jamb and still be rejected because of no sufficient admission space..
U think high cut off mark is because the course is good.. absolutely not..it is because there are not sufficient space to absorb the demand
...if private venture come in and say they can take away some of the burdens..why deny them?

Secondly it takes time for private institution to be fully accredited same it is for public ones..inshort mention any public ones that have all it courses 100% accredited...this excuse is stale

And lastly
Not everybody is broke as u think...if those building these expensive institution don't see a market or class of people who will attend for them to make profit...tell me why dey still venture into it...or you think u are wiser than them

if private venture come in and say they can take away some of the burdens..why deny them?
This is a weak argument because it shows you don't understand the issue.Ask yourself the number of students in those private universities. Do they even have the requisite faculties to accommodate those competitive courses? Or you think we are talking about just going to do courses that you can study online?

Oga , we are talking about Universities not coaching centres.

I wonder the logic in this. So why have more schools without accreditations? How is this solving the problem if not compounding it? I just tire for this kain reasoning.

Your last point is so watery. So the government should encourage those profiteering from the destruction of our universities?Encourage moneybags to fleece the already impoverished citizens?

Finally, if you have the money spend it on quality. You can even travel abroad or go the established ones like Covenant University.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Cognitivereason: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
I started laughing when I got to 200million people as if the 200million people are the ones writing Jamb... As much as I won't want to dwell on that,the 200million includes the millions of graduates out of the universities and many who aren't planning to even go to university. So when next you bandy figures think well.

We've not even talked about polytechnics o.

Now to address the essentials,
How many people are in our Federal universities? And who scored 305 in jamb, passed post-utme and was refused admission simply because no sufficient admission space? Telling lies won't help you.

The bolded is subjective so I'll skip that.

This is a weak argument because it shows you don't understand the issue.Ask yourself the number of students in those private universities. Do they even have the requisite faculties to accommodate those competitive courses? Or you think we are talking about just going to courses that you can study online?

Oga , we are talking about Universities not coaching centres.

I wonder the logic in this. So why have more schools without accreditations? How is this solving the problem if not compounding it? I just tire for this kain reasoning.

Your last point is so watery. So the government should encourage those profiteering from the destruction of our universities?Encourage moneybags to fleece the already impoverished citizens?

Finally, if you have the money spend it on quality. You can even travel abroad or go the established ones like Covenant University.

I have seen aspirants rejected with my Koro Koro eyes...after scoring 290+ for medicine...and unijos disowned them...
I have seen some in FUTA who couldn't get elect elect after 270 in jamb..and ofcourse a good score in post utme...and dey come and dash Dem physics education.... nonsense...
U think if there were spaces..uni will even see the necessity conducting post utme ..if it not just to further fustrate students...

Am average 1.5m to 1.8m Sit for jamb every year...can the entire higher institution take such number...

By the way...it not ripping off .if any parents decide to pay 1m+ for a child's fee in a private uni rather than pay 30k in unilag.

Many of u think it only government institution that can deliver..and then other private uni are just some secondary school because their student don't go through the totally unnecessary hardship government students go through...
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by derecho(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2022
Post-utme is partly because of the prevalent cheating and "miracle centres" not necessarily because of space sir.
No one is saying Private universities can't perform. I believe in possibilities.

Cognitivereason:

I have seen aspirants rejected with my Koro Koro eyes...after scoring 290+ for medicine...and unijos disowned them...
I have seen some in FUTA who couldn't get elect elect after 270 in jamb..and ofcourse a good score in post utme...and dey come and dash Dem physics education.... nonsense...
U think if there were spaces..uni will even see the necessity conducting post utme ..if it not just to further fustrate students...

Am average 1.5m to 1.8m Sit for jamb every year...can the entire higher institution take such number...

By the way...it not ripping off .if any parents decide to pay 1m+ for a child's fee in a private uni rather than pay 30k in unilag.

Many of u think it only government institution that can deliver..and then other private uni are just some secondary school because their student don't go through the totally unnecessary hardship government students go through...
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Cognitivereason: 9:16am On Apr 07, 2022
C
derecho:
Post-utme is partly because of the prevalent cheating and "miracle centres" not necessarily because of space sir.
No one is saying Private universities can't perform. I believe in possibilities.

So are they now miracle centres for jamb?

Look have u tried u check online the requirements for admission in foreign universities even within Africa...if it isn't tedious will u see Nigerians applying in bulk and see majority being successful...

Look let be honest it not only our bad system that prevents foreigners from applying into universities in Nigeria....

It only universities in nigeria that will tell u to
Present ur O, level results with atleast credit in all in no more than a single sitting..
Many will say u can't combine two o level results..
As if that isn't enough u must apply through jamb and sit for the jamb exams ...after studying and suffering to get let say 250+

Bastard nigerian universities will still say..u must visit the institution and conduct a screening
And u must pick them as first choice..2nd choice isn't even good enough..
U will see students travelling kilometers to do this...
After doing this .they travel back home

..next they will still invite successful candidate to still sit for post UTME ...like WTF...
After studying to pass all subjects in o, levels and writing jamb again..
I will still travel back again for the useless post utme exams...

They don't even give a damn...even if ur coming sokoto or Maiduguri and the school is in portharcourt....u must still enter bus down to the school to write it...

If God help u and u eventually pass...

U will be asked to travel and come for another screening where u will be asked to physically present some useless letters of good conduct , LGA certificate and useless documents....for what na
What do dey need my LGA certificate for?..is it by letter that I will be proven of good conduct?

Now imagine after all this .many will still be denied the admission... Even those who are successful..a huge percentage must have known somebody inside...

Take ur time to reason....if this is how other government owned institution in foreign countries conduct their admission..will u see nigerians in numbers finding it easy going there?...

Or u think any nigerian even rich ones will waste flight ticket to go the school for screening and still flyback to Nigeria to wait for the admission?

In this era where ur jamb and pass in all ur necessary subject in waec or neco should be enough...and every application should be done online....
Some stupid universities will tell to even applying again in their website after applying in jamb...
And ask u to still come and present urself physically In the name of first screening...isn't that madness?

But when private universities now decide to ease the process like it is done anywhere in the world by only apply with only o, level and jamb results through jamb portal only ..and ofcourse not traveling distances to the school for any useless screening and they grant u ur admission sharp sharp once u meet their requirements..
Nigerians call them glorified secondary schools...

truly...suffer no dey tire una ..
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Omodua(m): 9:20am On Apr 07, 2022
walozanga:

U are an idiot, u think u know the school more than me. I was once part of that messed up system. What is there in okija campus?
Who is the illiterate here , u think University is all about the classroom? U are vucked upstairs.
I know the school in and out. First generation of private universities in Nigeria. In same mould with Covenant university.
So,you see why you're illiterate and uninformed?
Eeedi*t!
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 07, 2022
NobleAngell:
Don't we deserve some goodnews in Nigeria? Where did we go wrong?

Good news but Buhari is coming for Third Term.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by NwaforIgbo: 9:33am On Apr 07, 2022
Seredebe:

Pictures or adonbilivit

I am not close to there now, I am in Lagos.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by derecho(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2022
You are funny but look at it this way
The government could wade in some of these since they own these public universities. Why aren't they correcting these anomalies?

Are they saying, Nigerians you are on your own? What is the fate of indigent kids whose parents can't afford these private universities? Pray for Scholarship?

I'm not in support of the stress meted on those seeking admissions but government can not abandon these schools and hands off. Besides, Jamb is empowered by the FG.

No problems if part of the problems the private universities are coming to solve is school fees. Education used to be the escape route for the poor but the future is becoming more bleak.

If the concern of the FG is to have more people get university education, Why can't the FG fund the National Open Universities more and allow people study online or remotely?

If you don't know,this is a systematic way of widening the divide between the rich and the poor.

Cognitivereason:
C

So are they now miracle centres for jamb?

Look have u tried u check online the requirements for admission in foreign universities even within Africa...if it isn't tedious will u see Nigerians applying in bulk and see majority being successful...

Look let be honest it not only our bad system that prevents foreigners from applying into universities in Nigeria....

It only universities in nigeria that will tell u to
Present ur O, level results with atleast credit in all in no more than a single sitting..
Many will say u can't combine two o level results..
As if that isn't enough u must apply through jamb and sit for the exams ...after studying and suffering to get let say 250+
Bastard nigerian universities will still say..u must visit the institution and conduct a screening
And u must pick them as first choice..2nd choice isn't even good enough..
U will see students travelling kilometers to do this...
..next they will still invite successful candidate to still sit for post UTME ...like WTF...
After studying to pass all subjects in o, levels and writing jamb again..
If God help u and u eventually pass...
U will asked to travel and come for another screening where u will be asked to physically present some useless letters and documents

Now imagine after all this .many will still be denied the admission...

Take ur time to reason....if this is how other government owned institution in foreign countries conduct their admission..will u see nigerians in numbers finding it easy going there?...

Or u think any nigerian even rich ones will waste flight ticket to go the school for screening and still flyback to Nigeria to wait for the admission?

In this era where ur jamb and pass in all ur necessary subject in waec or neco should be enough...and every application should be done online....
Some stupid universities will tell to even applying again in their website after applying in jamb...
And ask u to still come and present urself physically In the name of first screening...isn't that madness?

But when private universities now decide to ease the process like it is done anywhere in the world by only apply with only o, level and jamb results through jamb portal only ..and ofcourse not traveling distances to the school for any useless screening and they grant u ur admission sharp sharp once u meet their requirements..
Nigerians call them glorified secondary schools...

Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Emperor5(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2022
Private uni in Borno state, hope it will be safe from Boko boy's
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by oyithemilkman: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2022
[These ones are private unis.quote author=SensualMan1 post=111714186]Fool. Revitalise and fund existing universities u already own. Government has no business being in business.

Once again, this Buhari is a fool. [/quote]
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by stanisbaratheon: 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Maybe u put pepper in ur eye to not see that they gave license to private entity to establish universities with their own money not government's

abi salt dey your own eyes ni?
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
Nigerian-British university Asa ,Abia state. not hasa.Along enugu-ph road , shares boundary with the inner galaxy industrial estate very close to obigbo.

dey kind structure erected in that university ,and the size of it nobi here.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by farem: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
2mercy:

https://independent.ng/fg-approves-establishment-of-12-private-universities/

How many have seen from the head slammers?
One or two decades later, they will be struggling for their religious rights in these universities.
Now, it is about when should a girl strong enough to receive grandpa's pen!s instead of giving her pencil.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by walozanga(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
Omodua:
I know the school in and out. First generation of private universities in Nigeria. In same mould with Covenant university.
So,you see why you're illiterate and uninformed?
Eeedi*t!

Lol... If u had sense u would have understood I was there and this is not a Google search. Anyways keep crying. I have said wat I said. Go and hug transformer if it's that painful
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by gaskiyamagana: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
edoairways:

They don't except for few ,moreover, Jamb score does not determine intelligency. A student may score high in Jamb yet graduate with a low grade while another will score low but graduate with a high score. Cut off point was initiated because of the capacity of our universities countrywide. For example, how will someone score 305 in jamb and still be rejected because of no sufficient admission space?
Agreed.
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by Aaay: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Why
Re: FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities by wiseoneking: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
yanabasee:

Olodo....

You need to go and take your injections.... Bastard...
Street Urchin, you must show your true colours by speaking like children of the GUTTERS. Ask him his state of origin now, " I am from lekki in Lagos". Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian University Students Builds Car That Passes Int’l Evaluation – From ‘tuk / MTN To Withdraw Multi-million Digital Library Donated To UNILAG / FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.