Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,822 members, 7,972,939 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:47 PM

Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers (1732 Views)

Omosede Igbinedion Empowers Women With Sewing Machines & Cash - Photos / Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers / Northern Royal Fathers Meet With Igbo Royal Fathers In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

Do you think Okorocha warrant such detraction? The man has only been governor for 2 months. Why use such descriptions of him? Imo state needs radical change and Okorocha will provide this change. Viper or not, I support Okorocha. We need vipers in Igboland politics. Better a viper than a goat.
No! I refuse to agree with you. How can you make such a selfish statement.

[size=4pt]NIGERIA NEEDS VIPERS IN ALL SECTORS,[/size] [size=4pt]not just igbo lang[/size]
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by EzeUche(m): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
blink182:

No! I refuse to agree with you. How can you make such a selfish statement.

[size=4pt]NIGERIA NEEDS VIPERS IN ALL SECTORS,[/size] [size=4pt]not just igbo lang[/size]

grin grin grin

Other regions already have their vipers. Some for over 50 years.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

Do you think Okorocha warrant such detraction? The man has only been governor for 2 months. Why use such descriptions of him? Imo state needs radical change and Okorocha will provide this change. Viper or not, I support Okorocha. We need vipers in Igboland politics. Better a viper than a goat.

Ndigbo are not id.iots by any stretch of imagination. If there is any detractor in Imo State, Rochas Okorocha is one. Someone alluded Rochas is trained lawyer but I doubt it seriously. If Rochas Okorocha is not dictatorial sleazebag, he could not have dabbled with issue of LGA chairmen in Imo State.

Be very careful what you wish. The load of outbursts coming from you could be likened to what was obtained from Hitler and Germans.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by EzeUche(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dede1:

Ndigbo are not id.iots by any stretch of imagination. If there is any detractor in Imo State, Rochas Okorocha is one. Someone alluded Rochas is trained lawyer but I doubt it seriously. If Rochas Okorocha is not dictatorial sleazebag, he could not have dabbled with issue of LGA chairmen in Imo State.

Be very careful what you wish. The load of outbursts coming from you could be likened to what was obtained from Hitler and Germans.  

Do you think I do not know about my people? You are simply a detractor. And I do not understand why you would have a problem with this policy and his other enactments. Rochas Okorocha is a known philanthropist who works on behalf of the good people of Imo state. I think it is time you have come to realize this.

You can continue to be a doubt like the Apostle Thomas. And why bring up the Germans? Did he not make his country strong?
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by otokx(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
This guy may be getting it all wrong.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

grin grin grin

Other regions already have their vipers. Some for over 50 years.
Not any viper but Rochas' type that will put Nigeria on a sling shot to greatness. A viper that will step and crush big toes, that will cause so much development to occur that we will be left gasping for breathe.

Dede1:

Now I see you are a poorly informed fellow, explaining things to you will be a waste of my bandwidth.

For your information, the only law degree lacked by Gov Rochas is a PhD. Research properly before you come here to blind us with your shimmering ignorance.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

Do you think I do not know about my people? You are simply a detractor. And I do not understand why you would have a problem with this policy and his other enactments. Rochas Okorocha is a known philanthropist who works on behalf of the good people of Imo state. I think it is time you have come to realize this.

You can continue to be a doubt like the Apostle Thomas. And why bring up the Germans? Did he not make his country strong?

May I remind you that government in Imo State is guided by the rule of law not stupid enactments by the state governor? I guess you have a different copy of Nigerian constitution from the one in my possession. We have House of Assembly and Judiciary in Imo State. Rochas Okorocha is not running a military regime in Imo State. If Rochas Okorocha wants certain laws that oversee the issues in LGA in Imo State to be amended, he should go through the right channel not self-deluded enactments as you have proffered.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
Nairaland, if argument never de e never be nairaland
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by NegroNtns(m): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
I get your points, I do not think there is  perfect policy so I believe as the weaknesses of the policy starts showing, corrections will be made. All the same I believe this guy is climbing fast on the popularity ladder with his governance

Oh yes, Blink. . . Very well said!

I couldn't have said it better myself. No system is complete, we must be tolerant of the gaps and innovate with process improvements that make true growth anD progress possible.

Those 3 points were just "jumpers" that troubled my thoughts.

He has a good start on the initiatives as it is.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by NegroNtns(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dede,

Be careful with your entrenched search for a "one Nigeria". Your passion and energy for a neutral view is admirable but remember that this country is far easier to dismantle than it is to assemble and sustained.

Your fraternity on academic elitism with a couple of others who view the display of tribalism as an indicator of illiteracy and lack of knowlledge is not wrong but the "club house" mentality could cause you to lose reality on assessing and attributing priority to the most fundamental leaning in life - tribal identity!

You are igbo first, then Nigeria second!

Give praise where its due. Rocha need improvements in the ideas and how they are implemented, but praise his pioneering effort and acknowledge that someone in this age is thinking about the village and their relevance in the forefront of governance. He is giving power to the people!

Isn't that what democracy is about?
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Genius100: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2011
I like Rochas, but he needs to be careful he does not come across as a dictator. Banning english in public functions is just plain ridiculous. People should be free to speak in whatever language they want to,

If this is done in Lagos, Igbos will be the first to complain,
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by EzeUche(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dede1:

May I remind you that government in Imo State is guided by the rule of law not silly enactments by the state governor? I guess you have a different copy of Nigerian constitution from the one in my possession. We have House of Assembly and Judiciary in Imo State. Rochas Okorocha is not running a military regime in Imo State. If Rochas Okorocha wants certain laws that oversee the issues in LGA in Imo State to be amended, he should go through the right channel not self-deluded enactments as you have proffered.    

How are these enactments silly? They seem to be widely population amongst the people of Imo state. Is he not an executive? He has the ability to decree such enactments, because he has the power to do so. Where is he breaking the law? I have yet to hear that his enactments are unconstitutional. Stop being a detractor and support this Igbo rising star.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by EzeUche(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
Genius100:

I like Rochas, but he needs to be careful he does not come across as a dictator. Banning english in public functions is just plain ridiculous. People should be free to speak in whatever language they want to,

If this is done in Lagos, Igbos will be the first to complain,

Most people in Lagos speak Pidgin English and it is very cosmopolitan. The Igbos would not be the only people to complain, since every group can be found in Lagos.

Imo state is an Igbo state, where the majority of the population speaks Igbo. If you go to the North, most public functions are only spoken in Hausa. I have no problem with this.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Genius100: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

Most people in Lagos speak Pidgin English and it is very cosmopolitan. The Igbos would not be the only people to complain, since every group can be found in Lagos.

Imo state is an Igbo state, where the majority of the population speaks Igbo. If you go to the North, most public functions are only spoken in Hausa. I have no problem with this.

Yes Imo state is an Igbo state where the majority of the population speak Igbo, but there is still a minority that you are excluding from public functions by making it COMPULSORY to speak Igbo
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
The governor is just trying to promote the use of Igbo language and I don't see anything wrong with that.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by EzeUche(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
afam4eva:

The governor is just trying to promote the use of Igbo language and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Gbam!
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Dede,

Be careful with your entrenched search for a "one Nigeria". Your passion and energy for a neutral view is admirable but remember that this country is far easier to dismantle than it is to assemble and sustained.

Your fraternity on academic elitism with a couple of others who view the display of tribalism as an indicator of illiteracy and lack of knowlledge is not wrong but the "club house" mentality could cause you to lose reality on assessing and attributing priority to the most fundamental leaning in life - tribal identity!

You are igbo first, then Nigeria second!

Give praise where its due. Rocha need improvements in the ideas and how they are implemented, but praise his pioneering effort and acknowledge that someone in this age is thinking about the village and their relevance in the forefront of governance. He is giving power to the people!

Isn't that what democracy is about?

I guess you have erroneously mistaken me for another individual. I have never for once agitated for “one-Nigeria", the well documented empty indoctrine.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by ZnO: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
Negro Ntns you are a bloody hypocrite
What was your reaction when Lagos passed the law that Yoruba should be in official language in the house?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-98989.32.html
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

How are these enactments silly? They seem to be widely population amongst the people of Imo state. Is he not an executive? He has the ability to decree such enactments, because he has the power to do so. Where is he breaking the law? I have yet to hear that his enactments are unconstitutional. Stop being a detractor and support this Igbo rising star.

It is very laughable and ludicrous that Imo State government is now involved with the business of awarding inconsequential village chieftaincy title reserved in the tenant of each community within the Imo State. I am wondering who actually conferred chieftaincy title on Rochas Okorocha and whether such process was reviewed by previous state governors from the states where he dumbly received his title.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
afam4eva:

And yet the dictatorial governor is still carrying official business of Imo State through English Language. If he wants to promote Igbo or use of Igbo language in Imo State, he should seek the wish of Imo State citizens who are his boss or at least he should start conducting every business of Imo State in Igbo language. Do not get me wrong, I am for the promotion of Igbo language but through correct manner.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
We're talking of traditional leaders here and not an elected government official. Traditional rulers are the head of their various communities. Which all speak and understand Igbo. He has no legal or constitutional right over his community people let alone non-indegenes.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by seanet02: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dede1:

It is very laughable and ludicrous that Imo State government is now involved with the business of awarding inconsequential village chieftaincy title reserved in the tenant of each community within the Imo State. I am wondering who actually conferred chieftaincy title on Rochas Okorocha and whether such process was reviewed by previous state governors from that states where he dumbly received his title.  

Thank you. God bless you.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Chyz2: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
afam4eva:

Okwu cool
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by NegroNtns(m): 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2011

Eze, as usual, you are engaging emotions.

In the case here in Imo, the Igbo governor is telling the rulers what and how he wants their communities to do.

The governor in Lagos, the rulers and their communities are Yoruba. The cosmopolitan population you describe is limited in coverage and population and of less consequence to the promotion of the indigenous culture, therefore enacting a Yoruba language in Lagos will be seen as proper.

ZnO,

There is difference between government assembly and public assembly.

The points I raised about Rocha and the implementations were tests to sample your ideological rsponses for reference
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Ikengawo: 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2011
Likes: Government review of chieftancy titles. It's good before all these fake chiefs kill the institution. No tolerance of criminal harboring. The fact that this is a man of action.

dislikes: giving traditional rulers government power while telling them to stay out of politics/government weeks ago. What's to become of local government chairmen?
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
If Rochas Okorocha, the dictatorial clone, is harboring presidential ambitions, he should kiss it bye-bye. The few months he has led Imo State as governor had created dreadful memories in the state laden with lies, confusion and power intoxication. He will not win in Imo State if he continues with this insanity talk less of neighboring states
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Eziachi: 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Dede,
That part of being a human is being emotional is not wrong at all, but when we allow personal feeling to run riot we seem to miss the point. You seem to have some personal issue with Rochas, if not I don't see where the need for words like sleazebag comes from.

Meanwhile  I had to say now that Rochas recieved my letter I sent to him a months ago through the high commission here, or if not I will say that we are thinking the same thing. Because I recommended three things to him:
1. Bring back PWD and let them handle all road constructions and other building /project without the use of contractors, except for job that requires huge technical know how and put all engineers in the airconditoned office were they should be in the field with PWD.

2. I want he to introduce a tax called privilege tax: Chieftaincy titles in Imo and honorary degree recipients should pay an annual tax against their titles and awards per each titl/degree awarded and use the money to supplement the free education programme. Anyone unwilling to pay should denounce their award or title in a full page Imo newspaper Advert.

3. That all autonomous communities created since 1999 should be reversed back and before a new one is created, the agitating new community should apply with a non refundable fee of Ten million Naira. All communites without a direct line to the throne should elect their Igwe just as we elect our Town Union presidents and officials with oversea votes included.

These should be made a law using private members bill in the house of assembly and to pass it into law within weeks.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by macjive01: 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^^ Mehn that some bad arse thinking.

However to reverse the existing autonomous will never go down well. Rather he should ensure the all comply and meet up with those pre-requisites   for awarding an Autonomous community or face stiff sanctions.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Dede1(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2011
@Eziachi

Most of the times while we debate on this forum; I have sat with you in the same trench. Let me make it clear that I do not know Rochas Okorocha personally and can not pick him out from a crowd of two. I based my critiques of Okorocha on his alleged actions which apparently fly in the face of any constituted code. Okorocha has been painted as a lawyer and behaves like Motor Park tout. The last time I check, Okorocha was sworn-in as executive governor not a military governor of Imo State.

I guess ideas are not limited to nomenclatural tendencies because PWD (Public Works Department) is still DPW (Department of Public Works) under ministry of works and urban development. It is funny you failed for goofy statement such as “engineers in air-conditioned office”. Practically speaking, engineers except young engineers, field or engineers on inspection duty are seated in well ventilated air-conditioned office to enhance their ability to tackle abstract issues.

Again, I think you have been overtaken by the latest shenanigans surrounding the granting of title in Igbo land. Other than men such Rochas Okorocha who seemingly bought their Chieftaincy title with money, the honor was reserved for men of integrity who have done unselfish things to their community and probably are not men of brown money bags such the so-called Owelle Rochas Okorocha. Besides, the word-Chief has no mainstay in Igbo culture and tradition.

On the issue of autonomous status to a community in Nigeria, I think the constitution spoke clearly on the process. Unfortunately, the so-called learned governors elected by the electorates seemed to usurp the process as Okorochas has done. I seriously doubt if Okorocha is a lawyer or probably he understands the loopholes in the constitution and tends to play with them.
Re: Okorocha Empowers Royal Fathers by Eziachi: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2011
Dede1:

@Eziachi

Most of the times while we debate on this forum; I have sat with you in the same trench. Let me make it clear that I do not know Rochas Okorocha personally and can not pick him out from a crowd of two. I based my critiques of Okorocha on his alleged actions which apparently fly in the face of any constituted code. Okorocha has been painted as a lawyer and behaves like Motor Park tout. The last time I check, Okorocha was sworn-in as executive governor not a military governor of Imo State.
Yes we had agreed on many issue before but for now, we just have to disagree on this one. Yes utterances and choice of name for the man is based on sentiment, purely on emotion and not on reality because as you must have noticed here , I never pander for any sort of injustice. But so far anything Rochas has done is what many Imo people had been crying out for years and we cannot be wrong and you are right. Being a lawyer is out of the question totally. His behaviour is in line with historic Igbo style of leadership based on straight talk and stepping on big toes to achieve result for the majority.

I guess ideas are not limited to nomenclatural tendencies because PWD (Public Works Department) is still DPW (Department of Public Works) under ministry of works and urban development. It is funny you failed for goofy statement such as “engineers in air-conditioned office”. Practically speaking, engineers except young engineers, field or engineers on inspection duty are seated in well ventilated air-conditioned office to enhance their ability to tackle abstract issues.
There is nothing goofy about PWD and I am aware you knew what it stands for. During Michael Okpara/Akanu Ibiam govt we call it PWD and not ministry of work. Just like in verything,name means a lot. When it was public works (Ndi Oru Uzo), we don't use to have contractor for minor things like patching up burst water man and in those day a well contructed road can last for years because PWD men are there every single day checking up new pot holes and they will immeditly fix them before they turn into a gully. Not anymore, everything now is done with contractors. What is the point being a surgeon if you cannot operate on people? Any civil engineer for instance who sat in an air conditioned office everyday instead of being in the field deserved to be shot. grin

Again, I think you have been overtaken by the latest shenanigans surrounding the granting of title in Igbo land. Other than men such Rochas Okorocha who seemingly bought their Chieftaincy title with money, the honor was reserved for men of integrity who have done unselfish things to their community and probably are not men of brown money bags such the so-called Owelle Rochas Okorocha. Besides, the word-Chief has no mainstay in Igbo culture and tradition.
Giving of title in Igboland has long gone out of hand and someone need to fix it and Rochas seems to be doing that now. Its funny you claimed not to know the guy from your left to your right and now you are claiming he bought his title, how do you know and what is this title? and who sold it to him? Explain please!
Or maybe he preferred to use Owelle against the over used Chief, just like many of us prefers Ozo, Ichie, Nze, Mazi and all these cannot be awarded but can be initiated by the bearer through the various Igbo fraternities or age groups. Try to know your culture.

On the issue of autonomous status to a community in Nigeria, I think the constitution spoke clearly on the process. Unfortunately, the so-called learned governors elected by the electorates seemed to usurp the process as Okorochas has done. I seriously doubt if Okorocha is a lawyer or probably he understands the loopholes in the constitution and tends to play with them.
Constitution? Please don't make me laugh.What constitution? Abacha's constitution? How many communities and co
custodians of our culture did the writers of your socalled constitution consulted when they were penning something that affect our ways of life? There is nothing called constitution excpet when the people through majority vote adopt it as their guilding rule. I can't remeber anyone voting for your constituion that we will sidetrack our lay down rules/culture that had guided us over thousands years, which it seems Rochas wanted to bring back.

Those peopel that like the statu quo will never accept a radical leadership. With Rochas, so far so good, but who knows, he may later deviate like others before him, time will tell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Permanent Secretary Sacked In Ogun State / Orji Uzor Kalu Leadership Series On Sun Newspapers; An Insult On Intellect / Atlantic State Movement: Request For The Creation Of Atlantic State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.