Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (45255 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sureplug123:
3 months after, they all loose their knot
Let's assume for one second that you are right, So? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
CorrectBizWoman:
Having read from page 1 - 8, all I can say is thank God for my marriage. 5years+ and counting.
Marry for the right reasons and you'll enjoy it. Any character or habit you know you can't condone in courtship, don't expect it to miraculously change in marriage.
Going by the stats,
If author=CorrectBizWoman is Female, you truly love your spouse, and may Almighty God bless you abundantly, continually for that
If author=CorrectBizWoman is Male, she loves you more. Pls always thank God for her

Go and ask those before you in marriage

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by optm(m): 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
Czario:

We need to define "good spouse"
different individuals have their definitions for 'good wife' . to me, a good spouse is one that complements you;willing to support you, knows respect and is ready to give same to you. A partner that also understands selflessness and is willing to sacrifice for the common good . When you define what a good spouse is to you, then you would look out for those values in whomever you are considering

6 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by HitSong: 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
The very beginning:

This is one question I probably know the answer to. I could afford a flat, My cable subscription was on point, I hardly ran out of data, except my smile plug was temporary offline, and I could very well feed myself with all the sort of meals I wanted. I also was far above average for a cook.

I really was not thinking of a wife at all. Ladies came and went. I knew while women can be pleasurable, living with them forever could probably cause a strain. So I avoided them for nearly 30years of my life if not more. I obviously was not a Saint, yet I tried my best to do no harm.

Then the scammers came. I can remember all of them. They saw my good life and wished me suffering. They painted the wrong narrative. "PonziHater, you shouldn't be cooking all this soup yourself and doing the dishes everything. "You need a woman to soften things up", when they found me in the restaurant eating "ogufe", they blurted out loudly that I was just a wasting money when I could have a wife to easen things up. They made vague references men who were supposedly living happier lives because of the women in their life. All these men were disgruntled, but kept a fake smile to sell a false narrative

The truth it was it was all brainwash. I felt good, happy and free. I couldn't afford the best designers, but my shirt were "red tag", and my pants were decent. I could fuel my car, and "afford" any lady on the daily. I truly then did not understand the softening of life that they claimed Marriage will bring, but with their emphasis, I thought of a near heaven, where lovely meals, a lot of sex, children calling me daddy and a wife to walk to in the park. What I found going forward was just like being at the peak of orgasm in a brothel, just at the point when the police were breaking in. It was some pleasure subsequently followed by gross imprisonment. It was going to hell on a 24hours drive, and then returning only to be stopped in the middle of nowhere by robbers. It was the most distasteful experience a man could see.

To be continued

ChiefSgtPonziHater

Bro, I know exactly what you're going through or gone through. Believe me, you brought it upon yourself.
I was almost in your shoes but thank God, I was able to turn the table around and now, dem no born her mama well make she no do normal...

The main problem is that your wife thinks she's irreplaceable and your existence depends on her.
People like her don't like nice people... You need to put her in her place.
Be mean
Be selfish
Be careless
Don't give a fuçk
Don't have sex with her nor make any move to have sex.
Make friends with a new girl that you'll communicate with frequently
Don't eat her food
Come home with good meal from good restaurants and enjoy yourself
Leave the house frequently and return late or take some days off without returning and don't explain your to her when you get back.
BE READY FOR DIVORCE WHICH IS EVEN A GOOD OPTION.

While doing all these, NEVER LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TRIES TO ADVICE OR CALL YOU TO ORDER. Like nobody even your mother.
Forget about your child suffering, she'll survive and it won't take time.

I am 100% sure that if you do all these in 3 months, SHE WILL DEFINITELY CHANGE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hathor5:

The truth is: if you want your marriage/relationship to be sweet, be ready to work for it
The man or the lazy wife?
Did you see the thread of that other woman praising her husband with demeaning insults even till his privilege was withdrawn such that tws the children (grown-up) who countered her (viral) claim of domestic violence among other things?

Yes, there are men who're v.v.faulty here, jokes apart. But if you want a home, as a woman, you can make it.

It's not about keeping quiet/ enduring the beating/ abuse.. NO.

It's not about living with a lazy, dog headed man.. NO.

Such men aren't ready for any relationship - business, family..

If he loves n truly cares for you as he should, you have the remaining assignments to do.

Respect (not mockery pls, cos they know all fake moves, orgasm, beauty.. from real evn if they don't tell you) - men love it, big time!

Industriousness - men prefer a hardworking wife to a burden, even if he asked for full housewife. She'd be doing business even in his absence, yet fulfilling other roles as needed. I bet you, men love such women with their life even if they don't openly say it.

A man who sweeps the floor isn't bad. I have several who do such
A man who cooks isn't bad. I have several who do such
A man who wash clothes.. isn't bad. I have several who do such

But not when shes lying on the bed pressing phone, chatting, lazyily sleeping, giving excuse, mocking him, demoralizing him, abusing him, hurting him, downgrading him..

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Davemarine: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:
So my fellow men,i employ you today to GIVE ME JUST ONE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE THAT IS EXCLUSIVE TO ONLY MEN.
And before you give me "the joy of having children" as your answer,just remember that you can most certainly have kids without getting married

Go and check the dictionary for the meaning of "Bastard"

Then tell me, is the society better off with bastard or those born into a responsible home and well trained

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kaysalas(m): 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
LordIsaac:

Even the Bible makes it clear that a good woman builds her house, but a foolish one pulls it down with her own hands. Scripture is not ignorant of the antics of the female gender, that is why, in my opinion, sufficient verses were dedicated to admonish them. When a woman thinks she loves you more than you love her, she respects you. I find that a serious irony!
Guys! Behold! The secret of life long happiness
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
Simply put, develop yourself - Enjoy life as you deserve cos it's from hardwork.
HitSong:

I am 100% sure that if you do all these in 3 months, SHE WILL DEFINITELY CHANGE.
When a man selflessly falls in love today, he's taken for granted, as a joke, simple and easy to manipulate object.

When he's blunt from the scratch, he receives submission in return.
She'd cook n evn ask of his favorite before he reach house. Clothes, dishes.. underwear, genitals, whole sexy body.. taken care of so other babes dnt see him to toast.
Meanwhile, she's gtn a 6hr Mon-Fri Wrk, and 2kids. Yet it all gets done.

Aren't women unfair to themselves?
However, they're their very enemies! If any side chick show up, she go turn red (I was there in his poverty, stuck with him in bad times..)

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by kaymart: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Cashio:
Man you kept all your life savings in your wife's account. Haha. Bloody. So what happened to your own account
Sometimes, Foolish people think they are wise.
How funny...
He's even bragging about his lack of foresight

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Mom007(f): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Ummm! I prayed to God for a wife. I'm an introvert and when I was asked by a friend to marry their sister I felt woow! God has answered my prayer not knowing I was walking into a similar situation like the OP. In my own case she was the one that begged me that we should have a child, that I'm too nice to her and the only thing she can use to pay me back was to have a child for me. I did not know that was her plan so that she can show her true self after having a child since she knows I'm a caring person. Looking back now I feel I was jazzed by this woman for many years till as the jazz has now cleared from me.
Wow! Now I'm sad.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
LordIsaac:

When a woman thinks she loves you more than you love her, she respects you.
Ep increase the volume abeg

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by HitSong: 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.
Keep FOOLING YOURSELF...

Woman wrapper .. I bet your wife is the major provider here .. good for you grin

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by tradepunter: 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.

This is what I hate about people like you.... Just because it turned out well for you doesn't mean it's the same for others...

Say your part but don't always go on to day it's a good... Make your point and let people weigh all sides and make their decision...

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Ummm! I prayed to God for a wife. I'm an introvert and when I was asked by a friend to marry their sister I felt woow! God has answered my prayer not knowing I was walking into a similar situation like the OP. In my own case she was the one that begged me that we should have a child, that I'm too nice to her and the only thing she can use to pay me back was to have a child for me. I did not know that was her plan so that she can show her true self after having a child since she knows I'm a caring person. Looking back now I feel I was jazzed by this woman for many years till as the jazz has now cleared from me.

A holy book says it better to live in a house full of holes when it's raining than living with some types of wives.

May God EpUs

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by advanceDNA: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

I never said marriage is for everyone or I am saying the sweet part of it, there is one thing most of us men don't understand, we are always talking about ourself do we sometimes consider this women that left their families and leave with us, do you think is easy for them too? I still repeat what I said earlier if you find a good hard working woman you will understand, I am telling you this from experience after been involved with three different women b4 this my current wife.

What do you mean by is it easy for them to leave their family...when did that become a hard thing to Do? Leave your father's house to come and have a penís all to yourself...plus A partner paying the bills..

heck! If the lady is lucky..she may even get cars..money in account..houses..maids...trip abroad..

Wait...was it easy or hard for you leaving your own family?? Cos I don't get how you are making leaving ones family to marry to be a hard thing and a female-exclusive thing

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Teerach: 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Op, can you do us a favor and tell us how you met the lady? Cos this story isn't adding up and for readers to learn. and lastly, there's always a red flag. You ignored something.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Legendforte: 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
Just thinking how to get my kids without matrimony. I hate nonsense and wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

What do you mean by is it easy for them to leave their family...when did that become a hard thing to Do? Leave your father's house to come and have a penís all to yourself...plus A partner paying the bills..

heck! If the lady is lucky..she may even get cars..money in account..houses..maids...trip abroad..

Wait...was it easy or hard for you leaving your own family?? Cos I don't get how you are making leaving ones family to marry to be a hard thing and a female-exclusive thing

My brother calm down, is not every woman that is lazy, some are even more hard working than their husband self this days, (for example my wife ) I guess u know that.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by advanceDNA: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

My brother calm down, is not every woman that is lazy, some are even more hard working than their husband self this days, (for example my wife ) I guess u know that.

How does this statement of yours answer my question...i never said all women are lazy...

You made leaving their fathers house or rented house look like a hard and great sacrifice....i was just wondering how..

U even made it look like it's only them that leaves their fathers house to marry men who many times relieves their burden...im just wondering.. mayb I don't see it from your angle..

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Hassanmaye(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

Buying a property in your wife's name is a benefit to you? What nonsense is this?
Common sense will tell you that The wife is will be the owner of said property, so once again,the man benefits nothing.
Leave the fool he will learn the hard way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Hassanmaye(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
NewSoul:
There are no more marriageable women! I repeat there are no more marriageable women. Men getting married these days are putting their lives and well being on the line
You scared the shit out of my life
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Hassanmaye(m): 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jazzman01:

People will always marry out of curiosity or parental and peer pressure. But a vast majority of them end up regretting it. Most married men and women you see are tired of their marriage, they are just enduring it.
Are you sure
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by aimmoney9: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

Davido bought only land in banana island 2.5billion and he is not married...... grin grin grin

Abeg shift..... grin grin
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by aimmoney9: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
LocalStandard1:
Wow, good write up. Personally I think some men are tricked into that 'union' and they should have their ignorance to blame.

If you must marry, baba marry a virgin, you will grow to trust her. Not a repented harlot, trust me.

But if you want children pls and pls just adopt. Do not bring a child in a shitty arrangement you call 'baby mama, daddy', for the fear of God. Am talking from personal experience now.
Thank you
Adopt ke....... grin grin

Who no wan carry their own child...... grin grin

Yeye dey smell...... grin grin
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by advanceDNA: 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
aimmoney9:

Davido bought only land in banana island 2.5billion and he is not married...... grin grin grin

Abeg shift..... grin grin

You like violence...lol

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by HitSong: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

When we warn you stubborn men not to ever get married,you won't listen.
I believe she's behaving like that because she's in Europe. She has all the power there and can destroy your life in mere seconds if she wills it so.
If you divorce her,the house and car will go over to her,yes?
It doesn't truly work like that in reality.
Social media is feeding you guys trash

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by calliking(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

You’re a mumu man.

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Cutehector(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
Mom007:

Wow! Now I'm sad.
why you sad? What he posted happens.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by aimmoney9: 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:
Any how your conclusion might seem,marriage is good for us and for those who hate it so shall it be unto them all.

We know the value of procreation,therefore we shall continue to honour marriage.
Marriage is not for everyone....... grin grin

Worse of only 10% of married people the world over are truly married the remaining 90% are in manage...... grin grin

Some people got married 3 or more times like funke akindele and it did not work out..... grin grin grin

Nelson Mandela stayed 27 yrs in prison came out and stayed only 6months with his wife and said he could not bear it..... grin grin

God did not marry...... grin grin

Jesus didn't marry...... grin grin

Even devil no marry....... grin grin grin

Think am...... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Hassanmaye(m): 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
There are not so good people. Like the girl that visited me once chilling and doing nothing. I noted how cruel she was with the waitress. I noticed how harshly she spoke to the taxi driver, for an issue that could be resolved without exchange of words. I knew this was fire, and gladly withdraw myself from that relationship. Looking back I am grateful to that lady for being true to herself, and showing me who she was.

The one that hurts the most is the one that acts like a Saint before you dive in. Seems kind to everyone. Calls you as early at 8am in the morning. Says she wishes she was there to cook your meals and keep your house tidy. Then when she comes in, does the direct opposite. That thing can pain!, but God keeps us all happy

PonziHater
You just scare me, then How can I know a woman before marriage

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Hassanmaye(m): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
Cashio:
Man you kept all your life savings in your wife's account. Haha. Bloody. So what happened to your own account
His eyes Go clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by MindHacker9009(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
Mom007:

Wow! Now I'm sad.

Please cheer up sis. Well I just have to give thanks to God for His mercies throughout my ordeal. I now feel it should be the duty of parents to lecture their sons on red flags to look out for before going into a relationship that will lead to marriage because truth be said there are jezebels out there looking for nice gentlemen to devour.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / My Wife Shows No Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.