Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (45259 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by wolement: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintai...

You are really wise indeed by keeping all your savings with her. Men like will chase your family away because of woman.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by RealTalker02: 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
Nuttella:
My marriage won't be a scam in Jesus name, Amen.

If you marry an unbeliever, whatever you see, just take it, the devil has settled you.
No compassion or anything.
Insensitive and judgemental human being.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by RealTalker02: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
ExcelDBM:

The honest truth is that you married folks are wicked. Most of the times, you guys are in an unhealthy marriage but will sing like bees into the ears of singles pressuring them to get married and suffer like you. You even had to make unverifiable statements to cajole others into evil. It won't work Mr. And the bolded are all lies.

This is the truth. Most of Them are wicked beings, looking for who will become miserable like them

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by RealTalker02: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Don't mind him. I have personally talked tough about the consequences anyone will face in trying to cajole me to marry. They fell for a scam and also want me to fall for a scam like them. Dimwits. angry

Smart human

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
RealTalker02:

This is the truth. Most of Them are wicked beings, looking for who will become miserable like them

Don't mind them. Instead of breaking free, they want others to be shackled like them.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
RealTalker02:

Smart human

cool One cow for you.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Originalsly: 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

With all this long talk, you still didn't mention one EXCLUSIVE benefit men have to gain from marriage.

All you wrote is a bunch of fallacies, marriage is just a Name,a term and a contract.
It doesn't make one automatically successful as you may think. Being married does not magically make one motivated to reach any goal,it is just a Term and a Contract where you devote your entire life, energy and resources,being committed to a woman who's only Goal is to have a Slave(who sees himself as king,mental slavery if you will) and Continuously milk him dry down till the very last drop.
Ever wonder why most husbands are thinner than their wives, while the wives look like baby elephants? It is because the man has been tirelessly working day and night, to Feed a Parasite whose only value to give is sex. Yes,there are women who offer way more than sex,but the Majority wins the vote right?

Just curious .... were you in a failed marriage? ... or seriously played in a relationship? I just can't imagine what a woman has done to you to make you so be fetching this ehmmm..... unhideable hatred for women.

@ topic.... OP is such a good writer... story teller.... paints such a clear picture. I guess 'he just followed the advice of many.... didn't invest much in really searching for a wife... chose a woman to marry instead of a wife. Again... nice read!

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 1:35am On Apr 18, 2022
ukaface:
A quick question though
And I hope I get answered.
Why is it that most males are the ones that keep complaining and regretting marriage?

Because it's the man that bears the brunt. The finances

So in bearing the brunt and come still get partner that doesn't give peace of mind, with horrible sex or no sex at All

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Falconx47: 2:00am On Apr 18, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

You're so combative without actually getting any point across, he only asked one question, give one tangible advantage of being married.

In all your rant you were not able to mention one advantage of being married over being unmarried, there are some positives indeed, but you weren't even able to mention any?

How does buying a property in another's name or keeping your life savings in another adult's account amount to an advantage? Did you make the 6.6million because of your wife's involvement/contribution?

The way you kept shouting impregnating and baby mama, how did you conclude that not being married = impregnating baby mama?

The idea of an argument is to make a point for or against, not to nag your way to "victory", I'm afraid you totally didn't make a single point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Mom007(f): 5:07am On Apr 18, 2022
Cutehector:
why you sad? What he posted happens.

I thought it only happens in nollywood ni. That a woman will go all out to use her hands to ruin her own marriage... If it all goes bad, she is still the biggest loosed so why do it?
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by okpanachil: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2022
LadyRosa:

It's funny o.You know some wives can be too demanding,even when we clearly know they are from poor background.

I think if God upgrades a woman through her husband,she should be giving him peace of mind especially when the man is someone that is a peacemaker.

She think say she agaba,she know ask well.She for change mind, because when she fully enter family na him she see say we self dey use shaving sticks o.WE STUBBORN DIE!

Chai you re mouthed o. I enjoy reading your posts
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Ebubu: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2022
LadyRosa:
You married a very self entitled,lazy woman who is badly nutured.Her mom is also not well trained.Very nasty upbringing!No brother of mine will ever make this mistake, except he didn't tell me.Them trust me na,I get the mind them no get.If I have an in law like yours,She won't even get pregnant before she is kicked out of the house alongside her mother.Yes!I go EXTRA length when I want something done. angry

What nonsense!

My elder brother's wife played that game at the beginning of their marriage.I heard rumors of her bullshit,I ignored.Came home during one of my office breaks Alas!I met him too in the family house looking all slim and weary A once vibrant young energetic man.I asked him why he was looking like that ,he laughed and downplay the reasons.Lied,but I Know the rumors already.

Kept quiet....

Till she messed up right in a family reunion.

First I reminded her she is a pauper,her father is a carpenter and her mom is not in the country to protect her as she is remarried.Nobody will clearly fight for you,you don't have the money nor the connection,nor the leverage.I open openly told my brother there that his ex gf is still available,and willing to return whenever he changes his mind.I will single handedly pay a new woman's dowry and bring her home.Her mother had to call me to apologize on her daughters behalf after the fool told me she'd leave with her child.I told her mother point black her daughter will not be alive to take even a single baby socks out of any house belonging to my father's house.Not even a diaper.I will personally bundle you out!

Now,my elder brother is a very quiet, conservative guy who never stay out late.I love him so much, very much and the man he choose to be.Them no born any woman well to run am down AS LONG AS I'M ALIVE.I will bury that woman and order for an expensive black shade for her burial.

The wife is very calm now.Like she went herself to buy humility she lacked from the local market.I don't even call her,no member of the family behaves like she exists when she is around.

I wish I had a sister like you
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by okpanachil: 6:41am On Apr 18, 2022
Hathor5:
Edited

Now that I have read the entire story, I have this to say. You blame that other people tricked you into marriage by saying that marriage life was sweet. Your experience was bitter though.

Did you ask those people how they made their marriages sweet? Or did you believe it takes a wedding ceremony for a marriage to be sweet?

You say that your single life was awesome. Did the things you were enjoying before you got married fall from heaven? Or had you worked for them?

Why do you people put so much effort into their careers but believe that a good relationship/marriage must fall from heaven? Why are people willing and ready to go the extra mile for their career goals but not for their marriages/relationships/families?

The truth is: if you want your marriage/relationship to be sweet, be ready to work for it.

I wish those other people would have told you that too.

How do you engage with someone who doesn't want to engage, someone who is set in his/her ways?

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Emmanuel30a: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2022
ibechris:

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

You can buy property in your name when you are single &there is no fear of anybody sharing ur property when you are divorced. Not every single have baby mamas. Marriage is not by force; it is by choice, by interest which is usually based on personal &maybe selfish satisfaction. Singles by choice, have peace...
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigBashiru: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2022
djon78:

Because it's the man that bears the brunt. The finances

So in bearing the brunt and come still get partner that doesn't give peace of mind, with horrible sex or no sex at All

And aged brides....a girl marries these days from 28+ within 5 years she's no longer very attractive but yet u still keep hv to bear that financial brunt which men are now hesitant to do....

But in the olden days they married earlier as mostly virgins and that provided an incentive for men to bear the financial brunt.....

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kimikazi2: 8:08am On Apr 18, 2022
LocalStandard1:
Wow, good write up. Personally I think some men are tricked into that 'union' and they should have their ignorance to blame.

If you must marry, baba marry a virgin, you will grow to trust her. Not a repented harlot, trust me.

But if you want children pls and pls just adopt. Do not bring a child in a shitty arrangement you call 'baby mama, daddy', for the fear of God. Am talking from personal experience now.
Thank you
Do you know that you can't legally adopt a child as a single in Nigeria?
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by joannes7(m): 8:40am On Apr 18, 2022
First of all, sorry chief..
The biggest problem is you married that shrew in the UK.. your wahala go be like tornado. Never ending.
Do what's best for you..

sgtponzihater1:
The very beginning:

This is one question I probably know the answer to. I could afford a flat, My cable subscription was on point, I hardly ran out of data, except my smile plug was temporary offline, and I could very well feed myself with all the sort of meals I wanted. I also was far above average for a cook.

I really was not thinking of a wife at all. Ladies came and went. I knew while women can be pleasurable, living with them forever could probably cause a strain. So I avoided them for nearly 30years of my life if not more. I obviously was not a Saint, yet I tried my best to do no harm.

Then the scammers came. I can remember all of them. They saw my good life and wished me suffering. They painted the wrong narrative. "PonziHater, you shouldn't be cooking all this soup yourself and doing the dishes everything. "You need a woman to soften things up", when they found me in the restaurant eating "ogufe", they blurted out loudly that I was just a wasting money when I could have a wife to easen things up. They made vague references men who were supposedly living happier lives because of the women in their life. All these men were disgruntled, but kept a fake smile to sell a false narrative

The truth it was it was all brainwash. I felt good, happy and free. I couldn't afford the best designers, but my shirt were "red tag", and my pants were decent. I could fuel my car, and "afford" any lady on the daily. I truly then did not understand the softening of life that they claimed Marriage will bring, but with their emphasis, I thought of a near heaven, where lovely meals, a lot of sex, children calling me daddy and a wife to walk to in the park. What I found going forward was just like being at the peak of orgasm in a brothel, just at the point when the police were breaking in. It was some pleasure subsequently followed by gross imprisonment. It was going to hell on a 24hours drive, and then returning only to be stopped in the middle of nowhere by robbers. It was the most distasteful experience a man could see.

To be continued

ChiefSgtPonziHater

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Lordbinsmar: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

When a woman thinks she loves you more than you love her, she respects you. I find that a serious irony!

Sir, please can you explain this further.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by atheistandproud(m): 8:53am On Apr 18, 2022
LadyRosa:
You married a very self entitled,lazy woman who is badly nutured.Her mom is also not well trained.Very nasty upbringing!No brother of mine will ever make this mistake, except he didn't tell me.Them trust me na,I get the mind them no get.If I have an in law like yours,She won't even get pregnant before she is kicked out of the house alongside her mother.Yes!I go EXTRA length when I want something done. angry

What nonsense!

My elder brother's wife played that game at the beginning of their marriage.I heard rumors of her bullshit,I ignored.Came home during one of my office breaks Alas!I met him too in the family house looking all slim and weary A once vibrant young energetic man.I asked him why he was looking like that ,he laughed and downplay the reasons.Lied,but I Know the rumors already.

Kept quiet....

Till she messed up right in a family reunion.

First I reminded her she is a pauper,her father is a carpenter and her mom is not in the country to protect her as she is remarried.Nobody will clearly fight for you,you don't have the money nor the connection,nor the leverage.I open openly told my brother there that his ex gf is still available,and willing to return whenever he changes his mind.I will single handedly pay a new woman's dowry and bring her home.Her mother had to call me to apologize on her daughters behalf after the fool told me she'd leave with her child.I told her mother point black her daughter will not be alive to take even a single baby socks out of any house belonging to my father's house.Not even a diaper.I will personally bundle you out!

Now,my elder brother is a very quiet, conservative guy who never stay out late.I love him so much, very much and the man he choose to be.Them no born any woman well to run am down AS LONG AS I'M ALIVE.I will bury that woman and order for an expensive black shade for her burial.

The wife is very calm now.Like she went herself to buy humility she lacked from the local market.I don't even call her,no member of the family behaves like she exists when she is around.

Aunty coman be my sister please embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Lordbinsmar: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
[s][/s]Regardless of what exactly ? Something tells me this man may have been a tyrant before going blind and may be getting his comeuppance now that he is blind.. undecided

Ask your friend to tell you the truth of the story, not feed you with soundbites, abeg![s][/s] undecided

Omo even Satan himself will be surprised at your comment ooo shocked shocked shocked

Justifying flogging a blind man in his eighties

They for employ you as minister for hell fire affairs. Your wickedness is on another level.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by alfredfrddy(m): 10:15am On Apr 18, 2022
ibechris:

Please, can I know the nature of the business you went into? A plea from a wannabi wealthy man. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ofiko123(m): 10:34am On Apr 18, 2022
What is the definition of a real marriage??
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2022
wolement:

You are really wise indeed by keeping all your savings with her. Men like will chase your family away because of woman.

Hasty conclusion.
Sorry to disappoint u...I am not in ur description. May be u are from a terrible family that is why u think everyone must behave like u.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2022
aimmoney9:

Marriage is not for everyone....... grin grin

Worse of only 10% of married people the world over are truly married the remaining 90% are in manage...... grin grin

Some people got married 3 or more times like funke akindele and it did not work out..... grin grin grin

Nelson Mandela stayed 27 yrs in prison came out and stayed only 6months with his wife and said he could not bear it..... grin grin

God did not marry...... grin grin

Jesus didn't marry...... grin grin

Even devil no marry....... grin grin grin

Think am...... grin grin

This your own strong sha.
Nigeria isn't ripe for one to remain single for life....because at old age,u will certainly be stigmatised and abandoned by other family members.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2022
calliking:

You’re a mumu man.

U are a senseless bunkum.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 11:07am On Apr 18, 2022
alfredfrddy:
Please, can I know the nature of the business you went into? A plea from a wannabi wealthy man. Thank you in anticipation.

One of the most intelligent questions I have ever been asked.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

You're trying to explain something to single boys from scattered homes, poisoned by the red pill. Beyond their indoctrination they have no idea about life. They have been told they have nothing to benefit from marriage, and they have swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Can't you see they've already determined to fail at relationships and marriage with their selfish reasoning? How can they enter marriage looking for exclusive benefits, why not marry themselves then? How can people be so myopic? Who on Earth that wants to be married goes into marriage with such a mindset? No wonder marriages are crashing. These boys crash them, then say they are crashing without dealing with their attitudes in marriage.

This is an intelligent narration keep it up.
We have a lot to deal with when it comes to people of this generation who think marriage is a place where women should be suppressed and stripped of their freedoms.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigBashiru: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2022
ibechris:

This is an intelligent narration keep it up.
We have a lot to deal with when it comes to people of this generation who think marriage is a place where women should be suppressed and stripped of their freedoms.

What does a woman bring to a marriage bearing in mind that they marry for financial security? After a man strains himself financially for life, what's in it for him??

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by IRALIFE(f): 11:57am On Apr 18, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
The very beginning:

This is one question I probably know the answer to. I could afford a flat, My cable subscription was on point, I hardly ran out of data, except my smile plug was temporary offline, and I could very well feed myself with all the sort of meals I wanted. I also was far above average for a cook.

I really was not thinking of a wife at all. Ladies came and went. I knew while women can be pleasurable, living with them forever could probably cause a strain. So I avoided them for nearly 30years of my life if not more. I obviously was not a Saint, yet I tried my best to do no harm.

Then the scammers came. I can remember all of them. They saw my good life and wished me suffering. They painted the wrong narrative. "PonziHater, you shouldn't be cooking all this soup yourself and doing the dishes everything. "You need a woman to soften things up", when they found me in the restaurant eating "ogufe", they blurted out loudly that I was just a wasting money when I could have a wife to easen things up. They made vague references men who were supposedly living happier lives because of the women in their life. All these men were disgruntled, but kept a fake smile to sell a false narrative

The truth it was it was all brainwash. I felt good, happy and free. I couldn't afford the best designers, but my shirt were "red tag", and my pants were decent. I could fuel my car, and "afford" any lady on the daily. I truly then did not understand the softening of life that they claimed Marriage will bring, but with their emphasis, I thought of a near heaven, where lovely meals, a lot of sex, children calling me daddy and a wife to walk to in the park. What I found going forward was just like being at the peak of orgasm in a brothel, just at the point when the police were breaking in. It was some pleasure subsequently followed by gross imprisonment. It was going to hell on a 24hours drive, and then returning only to be stopped in the middle of nowhere by robbers. It was the most distasteful experience a man could see.

To be continued

ChiefSgtPonziHater

Hmmm... I'm sorry you had to go through all that. To put it on record, not all women are like you described your wife. Also, there's a danger of a single story as we cannot get your wives side of the story for a balance.

With all due respect, you sounded so immature especially as regards your expectations of marriage. Also, it takes two to tango. What were your own shortcomings? Furthermore, you wanted to keep living like a bachelor while married.

I do not in anyway condone the alleged behavior of your wife but you were also not ready mentally for marriage. I believe that is because you didn't know what marriage is about. Anything that is not understood this days is called a scam.

I sincerely begin to wonder how your parents lived.

Plss take time to read about marriage. It would be better if you and your wife could read together. Also, go for counseling with your wife so you could live the remaining years of your marriage happy.

I could make recommendations on books and a marriage counselor if needed. Just send a PM.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Ericnrm(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Oh so you see how you women are funny, is it not your wish that men become stupid like will Smith so you can manipulate him and wh0re around as you wish?

Just leave that gender that bleeds between the legs bro. Very manipulative and two-faced set of people. If we were to flip it around and it was a woman who were to be the one being used in a relationship it’d no longer be her fault but the “men are scum” agenda would come out in full force. The double standard here is glaring!

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
BigBashiru:

What does a woman bring to a marriage bearing in mind that they marry for financial security? After a man strains himself financially for life, what's in it for him??

Well,for me and at the time I was dating,I never dated a non working lady and I wouldn't know what it means to marry a liability. I can tell u that some ladies today are the ones taking care of their homes and yet u would never hear a noice about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / My Wife Shows No Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.