Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

The First Step In Success Everyone Forgets About - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The First Step In Success Everyone Forgets About (242 Views)

Treat Chronic Prostatitis, First Step Is To Give Up Bad Habits / Racist British Campaign Forgets To Thank Black Doctors & Nurses / Be My Partner In Success 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Step In Success Everyone Forgets About by theheart: 9:04am On Apr 11, 2022
It’s vague, subjective, and just outright an annoying concept. The definition of success is, by default, set through culture. That means your friends and family, TV shows, movies, news articles, and more.
A teenager raising millions in VC capital for their startup, a Netflix show topping the charts, a TikTok rising star — all of these get perpetuated as what success looks like.
In reality, not only are they other people’s definitions of success, but they’re gross outliers from many contestants. And notice I said contestants because it seems like the competition is one of the leading motivators for defining success.
Success doesn’t have to be a zero-sum game, i.e., a game where for someone to win, others have to lose. Success can be intrinsic (defined from within) rather than extrinsic (defined externally) — it can be a positive-sum game where everyone wins.
Who’s to say that a father of two, putting all his energy into his kids, earning a decent income, and being a supportive husband isn’t successful? Nobody will write about this guy; the average person won’t recognize him, nor will he be commended by the general public — and yet, this might be the most fulfilling success story ever written if someone was to write it.
If you don’t define what success looks like to you, the default will always become money, fame, and ass.
This is why the very first step in achieving success is 100% rooted in defining what success looks like to you. The second step is making sure that every time you’re in doubt or see yourself shifting with external pressure — that’s when you go back to your definition and say, “No, I know what success looks like.”
And that definition won’t lead you astray — it’ll be the harbinger of happiness and fulfillment in your life.
Good luck, friend.
Sah out.
This article is a section from the fifth chapter of my five-step guide to clarity in life —you can get the complete guide here, and the first chapter is up for free here. I hope you find it helpful smiley
And if you want to read more, you can support writers like me here.
Thanks again,
Sah

(1) (Reply)

Cenforce 100 | ED Pill With Sildenafil Citrate / 5 Tongue Colour And What Say About Your Health / The Natural Healing Power Of Coconut Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.