Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,765 members, 7,945,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency (1170 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency by DosuAde: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
It is a chaotic experience to obtain a Nigerian passport from Nigerian embassy Dublin. I have been going
to the embassy to obtain my passport for the last few weeks and they keep telling us the Passport issuing
machine is broken. But to the amazement of people that were given a collection date for their passport and
who have paid a fortune to travel to Nigeria, an insider told us that the machine isn't broken but they have
run out of Passport materials. And there is a notice in the embassy that the machine has been broken and
would affect passport issuing from June-11-2011, and according to them up till friday july-1-2011 they claim
to be waiting on someone from Nigeria to fix the machine.

We have a ticket to travel this weekend and we are confused what to do as my passport is expired and
can't use it for travel. The tickets are non-refundable, non changeable and non transferable, we stand to
lose around E6000 if unable to travel. Please I need help and advice quick on what to do as am tired of
going there everyday and they keep saying " you are wasting your time coming here as we can't do
anything about the machine" its madness there as people are not pleased considering this is one of
the busiest travel period and if they were not equiped for this period you
wonder what they are doing in the embassy all year round. Are you going throgh the same situation or
would you know the best solution to this issue please share your opinion.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency by iice(f): 3:39am On Jul 07, 2011
Is there any efficient Nigerian Embassy?
If there is. . .please let us know.
Can't you try the one in London? Though i've seen complaints here about that embassy too.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency by DosuAde: 3:45am On Jul 07, 2011
The problem is once you choose a processing country and have your picture taken with your
fingerprint then you can't apply anywhere else anymore, or else you could be done for double
identity. So in a way at collection stage of application its a point of no return. Thanks for your
advice anyway.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency by iice(f): 4:20am On Jul 07, 2011
Ok. But couldn't the one Dublin give you a letter to give the one in London saying their machine is broken and that they are forwarding the applicants to them?
Re: Nigerian Embassy Dublin Inefficiency by ayomifull(f): 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2011
I feel sorry for you, i know exactly what you are going through there. I had to abandon my form with them till probably the end of the year, its hell going to that place.

What you can do is try and see if you can talk to Ahmed, show him your travel tickets and ask him to extend your passport if truly the machine is broken, i believe they should be able to do that as we have been informed that the old passport can still be used indefinitely. The guy could be quite reasonable and helpful if you can get to him.  U can try Nicolas one of the guys there if you cant get hold of Ahmed.
There is another guy who lives in Balbriggan, i dont know his name but if you know anyone who lives in Balbriggan they may be able to give you his name, he is very helpful as well and might be able to help you.

(1) (Reply)

Choose One. Start A Business In Nigeria Or Sent Abroad To Study / Nigeria Students In Indian. Hows Life Over There / Travelstart ticket Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.