Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? (10632 Views)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / Domestic Violence - Who Is Truly Responsible? / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2022
MNDY:

Mr. Man, for how long will you continue walking away? From your own house? Oh, so that she will get used to it abi? When there is a problem, you look at the root-cause. Verbal/emotional abuse initiate physical abuse. Why did your thread not focus on how to tackle the cause of the problem -Woman? You are still busy looking for who to blame when it's very clear that it is the Woman. Or do you think an unprovoked man will just start beating a woman just like that? Verbal/emotional abuse are capable of making a man suicidal if you don't know how serious it is.

Do you walk away from your boss when he/she verbally abuse you or you go physical? When verbally abused by people on the streets, do you go physical or you walk away?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Giltexo: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2022
The point be say na verbal abuse dey come 1st..no sane man will raise hand and start beating a woman...so while verbal comes 1st as it's always "ladies first". Physical comes second to address the issue ..some men don't have time to bandy words with weaker vessel..we address it the way it should be ..

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Show statistical links and facts on how verbal abuse is more deadlier than physical abuse? Show statistical links on how verbal abuse from women and not from men is more deadlier than physical abuse and stop the baseless assumption.

Madam, many men tend to sleep over at offices instead of coming home to an abusive woman. Do you know the kind of trauma it creates in his mind? Some can barely sleep at night when memories of hurtful words flash through his mind at the end of the day just while he tries to close his eyes to sleep, unfailingly the sleep does not come.

The ones who end up with high BP nko

Denying the effects of verbal and emotional abuse from you women is why you will never stop with it.

Thank God men’s eyes are gradually opening and only a matter of few months from now, divorces filed by men on account of verbal and traumatic abuses will start flooding the internet.

We will live to witness it

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2022
Favfables1:

Sweetheart....
Abuse is abuse!
Stop trying to downplay the effects of one and magnify the effects of the other!

If I slap you, I'll cause you pain...
If I tell you you're worthless, I'll still cause you pain...
In both cases, I'm causing you severe pain, why should it matter "how" the pain is inflicted? undecided....

And the fact that you can boldly say "physical abuse damages a human ... and verbal abuse does not" tells me that you have very little knowledge of the psychological implications of abuse undecided...

Please read the write up in the photo CAREFULLY... When you're done researching the implications of those in a person's life, then maybe we'll have this conversation undecided...

Verbal abuse is the cause of physical abuse, good and fine, what triggers the verbal abuse? Are you saying men don't verbally abuse their wives? How do the wives react?

Are you saying that, all your life, all those who verbally abused you, we're beaten by you as a reaction? If no, how did you react to their verbal abuse?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Fiscus105(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2022
Sekoni003:
Trust me if it happens once, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a constant... no matter how provoked you her, don't hit her. Go for a walk, go work out, go grab a beer, anything to calm your mind down after which you both can talk things out

U never meet beast in some women.

I pray you will never meet one.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:

Madam, many men tend to sleep over at offices instead of coming home to an abusive woman. Do you know the kind of trauma it creates in his mind? Some can barely sleep at night when memories of hurtful words flash through his mind at the end of the day just while he tries to close his eyes to sleep, unfailingly the sleep does not come.

The ones who end up with high BP nko

Denying the effects of verbal and emotional abuse from you women is why you will never stop with it.

Thank God men’s eyes are gradually opening and only a matter of few months from now, divorces filed by men on account of verbal and traumatic abuses will start flooding the internet.

We will live to witness it

Answer these questions? What triggers the verbal abuse from the women? Are you saying men don't verbally abuse their wives? If yes, how do the wives react? Is it only men that have high blood pressure or dread coming home because of what they will meet at home? Women don't face same?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2022
MNDY:

Mr. Man, for how long will you continue walking away? From your own house? Oh, so that she will get used to it abi? When there is a problem, you look at the root-cause. Verbal/emotional abuse initiate physical abuse. Why did your thread not focus on how to tackle the cause of the problem -Woman? You are still busy looking for who to blame when it's very clear that it is the Woman. Or do you think an unprovoked man will just start beating a woman just like that? Verbal/emotional abuse are capable of making a man suicidal if you don't know how serious it is.
sorry!!! Am a woman not a man.
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2022
boookworm:
Mr Op why do you have to give women a free pass when they use their 'power' by abusing verbally but ask men To refrain from using theirs? Do you even know the psychological effects verbal abuse can have on a man? Physical abuse can heal in a few weeks, verbal abuse can last years to heal. A lot of people have lost confidence due to verbal abuse, some have even committed suicide. It's really irritating that you have to downplay verbal abuse like that.

With all due respect Mr op, you're very stewpeed

I kuku used English to type this and not swahili.

Go read again and this time around , gently
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by emmanuelbrown26: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Two questions for you sir.

Why must it be the man that should walk away in such situation?

Doesn't women too have wisdom to know when they are going overboard with words?
Honestly, I don't know why some men hv decided to be stupid in women affairs, imagine d nonsense op wrote that I should take away whenever one daughter of eve raises her voice at me, instead of me to take a walk, let her take a Walt to her papa house, I hate nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by emmanuelbrown26: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
And that is y u will rot in jail.
Una go dey open mouth waaaaaa, some daughters of eve deserves beating

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Majesty33(m): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2022
It takes only a very strong man to endure verbal abuse cos the venom that pours out of that gender mouth can make a man commit suicide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Answer these questions? What triggers the verbal abuse from the women? Are you saying men don't verbally abuse their wives? If yes, how do the wives react? Is it only men that have high blood pressure or dread coming home because of what they will meet at home? Women don't face same?
Usually the verbal abuses from women are offshoots from a heated argument; which often times if they can’t win, they resort to abusing the man, blackmailing him or belittling him; causing him him a deep in his confidence and self esteem as a man. Even comparing him with his mates who are more successful than him by measure of car or property as if the woman doesn’t have her own mates who are more successful than her.

A man hardly throws the first insult cos it’s hardly their forte and I mean their mouths. Women are the ones who pride themselves in being mouthful.

I’ll advise women to walk away from arguments when it gets too heated or intensive and find other means to settle the issues instead of resorting to insults in the midst of an unhealthy argument.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 11:43am On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Verbal abuse is the cause of physical abuse, good and fine, what triggers the verbal abuse? Are you saying men don't verbally abuse their wives? How do the wives react?

Are you saying that, all your life, all those who verbally abused you, we're beaten by you as a reaction? If no, how did you react to their verbal abuse?
stop talking about how men should react to verbal abuse by walking away, instead advise your fellow uncouth women to nip the verbal abuse in the bud and not initiate it at all and stop telling us to walk away from verbal abuse.

I pity your simp of a husband

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Do you walk away from your boss when he/she verbally abuse you or you go physical? When verbally abused by people on the streets, do you go physical or you walk away?

Nice question cos me i dont understand again.

Does that mean that these guys castigating me will beat up a lady if provoked sad?

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by winner37(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Am still single so this issue doesn't relate to me..
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by seunayantokun(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Both men and women involved in it.
Please don't blame the devil.
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:
stop talking about how men should react to verbal abuse by walking away, instead advise your fellow uncouth women to nip the verbal abuse in the bud and not initiate it at all and stop telling us to walk away from verbal abuse.

You still dont get. I made it crystal clear that verbal abuse is a NO NO and the lady should rather leave the union if she cant refrain from doing so.

BUT WHAT IF SHE DOES, WILL YOU BEAT HER? This is my point.

Walk away or ask her to leave you the hell alone.

Una dey scare me o
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by HoseaNzoge: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Brothers and sisters from experience flee from any woman or a man that does not fear God, that is envious, aggressive and shameless.
they are killers of destinies!, they are very vey difficult to manage, run for you dear life please.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by PericomaNwankwo: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2022
Let me tell you guys something about violence: the more you beat a woman, the more hold she will have over you, and hence the more she is likely to provoke you to beat her again. You become a pathetic apologizer that is always begging her for forgiveness. With each forgiveness her hold increases while your pride dwindles.

You find yourself fighting for this pride by hitting her over and over. There's a strong bond in toxicity that tends to bind the two people together. It takes great mental strength to detach from it.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by maestro299: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Show statistical links and facts on how verbal abuse is more deadlier than physical abuse? Show statistical links on how verbal abuse from women and not from men is more deadlier than physical abuse and stop the baseless assumption.
Are you for real? Anyway, these were literally the first 3 results I got on Google
https://www.happiness1st.com/verbal-abuse-worse-than-physical-abuse/
https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/verbalabuseinrelationships/2017/11/why-verbal-abuse-is-so-dangerou
https://www.womenindistress.org/stories/verbal-and-emotional-abuse-can-hurt-just-as-much-as-physical-abuse-and-its-often-an-unrecognized-form-of-domestic-violence/
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by princeemmma(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2022
blame violence itself........... me when i sense voilence

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:

I asked simple questions you're yapping spittle everywhere

Do men verbally abuse people or not? Do men verbally abuse their fellow men or not? How do you react to it? By going physical or walking away? When verbally abused by your boss at work, do you physical abuse him/or walk away? What triggers the verbal abuse?

Think deeply on these questions, apply logic, then answer, and stopping equating your father to all men.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by MNDY(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Continue...
What are you saying? People fight their bosses and also fight on the streets. And who told you that walking away to return will solve the problem. Walking away from the marriage (Divorce) solves the problem permanently but it's not very easy to divorce. Keep defending your gender, you hear? Let the nagging continue and don't hold meetings to iron out issues, you hear? The more your mouth run, the more beating to correct una, as divorce no easy. You want him to be walking away until he walks into the arms of another woman...right? GIVE YOUR MAN PEACE OF MIND & QUIETNESS FOR HIM TO BE ABLE TO THINK.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

I asked simple questions you're yapping spittle everywhere

Do men verbally abuse people or not? Do men verbally abuse their fellow men or not? How do you react to it? By going physical or walking away? When verbally abused by your boss at work, do you physical abuse him/or walk away? What triggers the verbal abuse?

Think deeply on these questions, apply logic, then answer, and stopping equating your father to all men.

Your body for tell you if you been face me dey wag your mouth wey dey smell like your fishy vagina
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
MNDY:

Continue...
What are you saying? People fight their bosses and also fight on the streets. And who told you that walking away to return will solve the problem. Walking away from the marriage (Divorce) solves the problem permanently but it's not very easy to divorce. Keep defending your gender, you hear? Let the nagging continue and don't hold meetings to iron out issues, you hear? The more your mouth run, the more beating to correct una, as divorce no easy. You want him to be walking away until he walks into the arms of another woman...right? GIVE YOUR MAN PEACE OF MIND & QUIETNESS FOR HIM TO BE ABLE TO THINK.

No mind am. They should keep defending their gender and their body go keep telling them cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

.... Madam if nothing is done about verbal abuse then physical abuse won't stop.

The problem we have is that because women think and believe that verbal abuse is their way and right of expressing dissatisfaction that's why you are looking down on it.

We keep saying that on no account should a man raise his hand on a woman but has never cautioned women against verbally abusing their husbands so tell me how we want domestic violence to end?

Yes you are right that some men also verbally abuse their wives but should we continue laying blames instead of sincerely cautioning both genders on the dangers of both verbal and physical abuse?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Kingcalls: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
okay fine let me just agree with what u just said but u know very well that verbal abuse does not kill like physical abuse. Physically Abuse can damage a human or better still kill but verbal abuse does not that is what the op what trying to say. Knowing fully well that when it comes to physical abuse men are stronger and can hurt or even kill their partner. Is it not just better to walk away?

Verbal abuse has lead to suicides in the past and mental scars

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Kingcalls: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Till u go die u no go fit. Why am I even arguing with a small boy chasing clout, Nonsense na ur type deserve hanging.

This is one reason men beat women like u shege... u are saying im no fit, like say if they leave both of u , u can do anything... he will just beat u like a child cos u cant defeat him
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
MNDY:

Continue...

If men give their wives peace of mind, do you think there will be an insults or disagreement from any of them? Or you think women just wake up one day and start insulting their husband's? What triggered it? Or you think men don't verbally insult their wives too?

Because you all are trying to give silly flimsy excuses for domestic violence on verbal abuse that all men and women are guilty of, so tell me, you as a man, you've never insulted a woman before? You've never trash talked your fellow men before? Here on this forum, you men say all.manner of degrading words, show intense hatred for women with your insults, how many female do you see reacting to it? Do you see any of us threatening to track you vile men here down to teach you bitter lessons you will never forget?

Do you now see your flimsy excuses holds no water? You can't even answer my previous questions cos you know you will shoot yourself in the foot, you see my point?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:

Your body for tell you if you been face me dey wag your mouth wey dey smell like your fishy vagina

You see that you just verbally abused me without being provoked, you, a man, yet you accuse only women as if you men don't do it, you see my point? How vile you had to go on someone you've never met or seen before for you to degrade parts of my body, me, a woman, you see that verbal abuse is not specific to any gender right? So did I threaten to track you down to deal with you by hiring boys to beat you up? No I didn't, instead I'm pointing out your vile self who lacks proper upbringing that men verbally abuse too, and me, a woman, will walk away from your negativity, just as is expected of you men to do.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? / Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.