Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram (6887 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
By Kingsley Omonobi

Apparently troubled by the persistence of Boko Haram’s attack and the killing of innocent Nigerians, President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said that Nigeria was at a crossroad regarding the spate of bombings and insecurity witnessed recently. He said it was uncalled for.

Jonathan, who made the disclosure in Uyo at the grand finale of activities to mark this year’s Armed Forces day celebration, also ordered an immediate review of the terms and conditions of service of personnel of the Armed Forces, noting that the welfare of personnel shall remain a top priority of his administration at all times.

On his part, Akwa Ibom state governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, disclosed that the menace of the Boko Haram is a challenge to all the Governors in the country and not the problem of the Northern Governors alone.

Represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo, Jonathan said: “Let me say that the spate of insecurity that we have witnessed recently, including bomb explosions and violence in parts of the country is uncalled for.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/boko-haram-nigeria-is-at-crossroads-says-jonathan/
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by russellino: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
It would have been better if he had just kept mute. at least silence would have been more dignifying
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by NegroNtns(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
“Let me say that the spate of insecurity that we have witnessed recently, including bomb explosions and violence in parts of the country is uncalled for.”

President doesn't think we can figure that out already?

What we can't figure out and need to know from him is what to expect. What's the plan of action to reinstate safety?
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
russellino:

It would have been better if he had just kept mute. at least silence would have been more dignifying

lol, at least he spoke

so u people will not say he did not condemn them
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by pingme: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
D dude hasn't spoken. It's Sambo that spoke
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
pingme:

D dude hasn't spoken. It's Sambo that spoke

but he wrote to sambo at least

he sha did something
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by russellino: 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

lol, at least he spoke

so u people will not say he did not condemn them

I dont want to believe i wasted my vote. The guy is soooo weak. Haba
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by russellino: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

By Kingsley Omonobi

Apparently troubled by the persistence of Boko Haram’s attack and the killing of innocent Nigerians, President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said that Nigeria was at a crossroad regarding the spate of bombings and insecurity witnessed recently. He said it was uncalled for.

Jonathan, who made the disclosure in Uyo at the grand finale of activities to mark this year’s Armed Forces day celebration, also ordered an immediate review of the terms and conditions of service of personnel of the Armed Forces, noting that the welfare of personnel shall remain a top priority of his administration at all times.

On his part, Akwa Ibom state governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, disclosed that the menace of the Boko Haram is a challenge to all the Governors in the country and not the problem of the Northern Governors alone.

Represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo, Jonathan said: [b]“Let me say that the spate of insecurity that we have witnessed recently, including bomb explosions and violence in parts of the country is uncalled for.”[/b]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/boko-haram-nigeria-is-at-crossroads-says-jonathan/

Abeg who writes this man's speeches.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2011
russellino:

my brother/sister, you better start believeing it

you wasted you vote, and that is the reality

he is not only weak but also clueless, u can even see his wife become a fashion model. lol
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by monkeyleg: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
He is opening his mouth weeks after the wahala has started. It is clear he doesnt know what to do, but then again it is what nigerians voted for
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
You guys should just pray for him and the nation.Just let him be.I never voted for him.Not with standing he happens to be our president.How can he do anything with everyone(Nigerians) attacking him and wishing him bad things.People outside Nigeria will laugh at us and think he is nobody considering how he is treated back home.
I may not like him as president and did not vote for him but he remains a bonafide Nigerian and has every right as far as i Know to be a president and get Nigerians behind him. undecided undecided undecided

TIMES ARE HARD FOR HIM AND THE NATION.NOW IS THE TIME TO SUPPORT HIS GOVERNMENT AND NIGERIANS TO DO MORE TO MAKE IT WORK.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
haka_nai:

You guys should just pray for him and the nation.Just let him be.I never voted for him.Not with standing he happens to be our president.How can he do anything with everyone(Nigerians) attacking him and wishing him bad things.People outside Nigeria will laugh at us and think he is nobody considering how he is treated back home.
I may not like him as president and did not vote for him but he remains a bonafide Nigerian and has every right as far as i Know to be a president and get Nigerians behind him. undecided undecided undecided

TIMES ARE HARD FOR HIM AND THE NATION.NOW IS THE TIME TO SUPPORT HIS GOVERNMENT AND NIGERIANS TO DO MORE TO MAKE IT WORK.

words well supported

it is just a bit annoying but what can we do, he is our president and needs all our support

this boko haram has destroyed borno, bunch of bastards
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
@alj harem
I am from Borno too.
What i am saying is that we can only make it happen if we reduce the sentiments and work with this man.I may not like him but fighting/castigating him will only make it worst.We need to show that our president remains super and we are always there to support him,his policy and prefer suggestions that could make it happen.Even if we have to protest.Not like this!!!!
Its what we make of him God,turns him into!!! Calling him names and wishing him bad,makes it Bad!!!!
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2011
haka_nai:

@alj harem
I am from Borno too.
What i am saying is that we can only make it happen if we reduce the sentiments and work with this man.I may not like him but fighting/castigating him will only make it worst.[/b]We need to show that our president remains super and we are always there to support him,his policy and prefer suggestions that could make it happen.[b]Even if we have to protest.Not like this!!!!
Its what we make of him God,turns him into!!! Calling him names and wishing him bad,makes it Bad!!!!

words my brother words. well said

thanks for changing my views.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2011
haka_nai:

[size=14pt]@alj harem
I am from Borno too.
[/size]
   What i am saying is that we can only make it happen if we reduce the sentiments and work with this man.I may not like him but fighting/castigating him will only make it worst.We need to show that our president remains super and we are always there to support him,his policy and prefer suggestions that could make it happen.Even if we have to protest.Not like this!!!!

shocked shocked shocked

Haba haba haba. Una still dee online here when una suppose dee 4 d meeting where una organization dee discuss latest strategies?  cool
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

shocked shocked shocked

Haba haba haba. Una still dee online here when una suppose dee 4 d meeting where una organization dee discuss latest strategies?  cool
grin grin we are not boko haram ooo
nah what haka nai said made sense a lot
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^^Actually people like you make me wanna insult someone.But i rather not.We need to change our attitude and brother you can associate us all you want and generalize your perceived fanatic views.I see no need to respond harshly. sad sad sad cry cry cry cry
So how is your day?I hope you are doing great.Nigerian can be what ever we want her to be!!!! cheesy
Goodluck and Nigerian need you.I need your support too. grin grin grin grin grin grin

dem_people:

shocked shocked shocked

Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

grin grin we are not boko haram ooo
nah what haka nai said made sense a lot

haka_nai:

^^^^Actually people like you make me wanna insult someone.But i rather not.We need to change our attitude and brother you can associate us all you want and generalize your perceived fanatic views.I see no need to respond harshly. sad sad sad cry cry cry cry
So how is your day?I hope you are doing great.Nigerian can be what ever we want her to be!!!! cheesy
Goodluck and Nigerian need you.I need your support too. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Haba Alhaji and Haka_nai. Una no get Arewa again, just like Ohanaeze and Afenifere? Abi dem no be organizations anymore? Even me dee go my own meeting for Ohanaeze but if u guys thought of Boko Haram instead of Arewa then I dee suspect una ooo.  grin grin cool
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

Haba Alhaji and Haka_nai. Una no get Arewa again, just like Ohanaeze and Afenifere? Even me dee go my own meeting for Ohanaeze but if u thought of Boko Haram instead of Arewa then I dee suspect una ooo.  grin grin cool

Arewa is a very good organsation especially the youth division. when OPC where killing us in lagos, they protected us unlike Boko haram who is fighting for something that is impossible and they know it

u see, to make people muslims is not by bombing and killing, you have to show it by your manners as a representative of islam all over the world

boko haram is making the opposite of that, angry

arewa unites us all, even for the fact that a yoruba man heads it speaks a lot about us northerners

i am glad ohaneze got it right this time around, there job is to maintain what they have

afenefere too is doing great but i can not really say undecided

and yeah i am part ibibio as well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by dempeople(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

Arewa is a very good organsation especially the youth division. when OPC where killing us in lagos, they protected us unlike Boko haram who is fighting for something that is impossible and they know it

u see, to make people muslims is not by bombing and killing, you have to show it by your manners as a representative of islam all over the world

arewa unites us all, even for the fact that a yoruba man heads it speaks a lot about us northerners

i am glad ohaneze got it right this time around, there job is to maintain what they have

afenefere too is doing great but i can not really say  undecided

Kai. Who dash u. . . grin grin grin

U don become Ibibio now. Make I wait for 5 mins for u to become Itshekiri and another 10 mins to be Efik! I dee watch! grin grin grin
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2011
russellino:

So you're one of them? Your future generations will pay for what you ppl did to Nigeria. Mark my words wink

Maybe its the green air coming out of GEJ's armpit that intrigued you or maybe its his oversized head.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

Haba Alhaji and Haka_nai. Una no get Arewa again, just like Ohanaeze and Afenifere? Abi dem no be organizations anymore? Even me dee go my own meeting for Ohanaeze but if u guys thought of Boko Haram instead of Arewa then I dee suspect una ooo.  grin grin cool

^^^^ for now i want to try Nigeria rather than this groups.Above all without Nigeria i doubt if they would exist. cheesy

Ileke-IdI:

So you're one of them? Your future generations will pay for what you ppl did to Nigeria. Mark my words wink

Maybe its the green air coming out of GEJ's armpit that intrigued you or maybe its his oversized head.

That is our president you insult like that.Wetin him do you?Haba now forgive am.He will change if you help him. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2011
dem_people:

Kai. Who dash u. . . grin grin grin

U don become Ibibio now. Make I wait for 5 mins for u to become Itshekiri and another 10 mins to be Efik! I dee watch! grin grin grin

ah lipsrsealed

them people no let people hear you oo wink i pick ethnicity so as to be objective when talking
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by aljharem3: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So you're one of them?  Your future generations will pay for what you ppl did to Nigeria. Mark my words  wink

nah ileke love lets support our jonathan, there is nothing we can do about it again

lets give him our support, ppl are dying everyday because of this boko bastards
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by russellino: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Return to sender and your own future generations! wink I voted for the man because I thought he represented a new face but I admit I seriously have my doubts about his ability to lead
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Chyz2: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2011
alj_harem:

afenefere too is doing great but i can not really say undecided

OPC wasnt killing yorubas but hausas,at the time.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by ocholiogoh: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
make e'no be like say, some people were forced on us because bad tins just de flow 4 we naija now, our lidas no get focus,cos wetin dem de tink na de moni and not d security of d coomon people like us ooooo,so to me we still neva get rit lidas wit focus, finally na our moni them de chop and by God grace animal go hunt the hunter one deooooooooo,
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by oladave7: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
First and foremost our police in this country of ours are a disgrace, even a teenage civilian has got guts than those men in in blacks that called themselves policemen. I mean they have got no intelligence at all, mean while one of their job is to gather intelligence information so as to better protect citizens.

The next they will says is that government did not empower them enough, improper welfare and what have you, but have they stopped for once to ask themselves if they have justify the little they were empowered with. coz if they had the Nigerian community would have come out & openly fight their cause.

The Police force itself is an epitome of corruption in this country, so until the police force is put in order we will keep having issues of insecurity Will not seize.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by jonced(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
PLEASE STOP INSULTING THE PRESIDENT!!!

IT IS RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL, INSTEAD LET US ALL SUPPORT HIM AND PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY,

REMEMBER, GOD PUT HIM THERE,
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
haka_nai:

You guys should just pray for him and the nation.Just let him be.[size=14pt]I never voted for him.Not with standing he happens to be our president.How can he do anything with everyone(Nigerians) attacking him and wishing him bad things.[/size]People outside Nigeria will laugh at us and think he is nobody considering how he is treated back home.
      [size=18pt]I may not like him as president and did not vote for him but he remains a bonafide Nigerian and has every right as far as  i Know to be a president and get Nigerians behind him[/size]. undecided undecided undecided

Haka_nai you are sure a part of the coming great NIGERIA! You just changed my mind towards GEJ. Thanks.

Am really beginning to feel bad for this man Jonathan. His actually doing his very best to please everybody.

He is a peaceful man and most of us knows he is not what Nigeria needs at this point in time. We need a man with iron fist and the foresight of an eagle to move the nation forward. But since we ended up with the type of Jonathan - a make everyone happy kind of guy, lets just support him and help him succeed.

This boko guys should for the love of all they hold dear forgive the injustice meted on their group [which was actually committed when their brother Yar adua was in power] and lay down their arms.

The poor police officers and military men butchered so far - should be enough recompense for the injustice on their group. After seeing those photos of murdered police officers, i really felt very bad and very sad for our dear country.

Their is a strong fabric that binds us all together. that fabric refuse to be torn apart despite all our misdeeds. Please people lets accept our shortfalls as a people and move this great country forward.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by executinal(m): 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
Still reading,
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by apoti(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
russellino:

It's too early to start lamenting, he he he he he  cheesy

I hope to see your lamentations continue for the next four years  angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How FG Funnelled N155B To Phony Companies - Premium Times Report / Four Burnt To Death In Bauchi Road Crash / London Beheading From A Different Viewpoint[pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.