Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,677 members, 7,968,964 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:01 PM

VERBAL ABUSE ; The Domestic Violence Nobody Talks About - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / VERBAL ABUSE ; The Domestic Violence Nobody Talks About (244 Views)

Nobody Talks About This!!! Why? (PIC) / Rapper Cherry Dances In Towel In NYSC Camp, Talks About Sex In NYSC Camp / Man Tries To Woo Woman On Facebook, Gets Most Intense Verbal Abuse Of His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VERBAL ABUSE ; The Domestic Violence Nobody Talks About by IamV: 11:54am On Apr 19, 2022
In today's society,cases of domestic violence are on the rise.
Barely a day goes by,without one reading or witnessing cases of domestic violence.
And for some reasons ,whenever cases of domestic is mentioned,we always associate it with physical abuse.

Physical abuse have become the most recognized form of domestic violence,even when in reality , it's not the most perpetuated.
This is because it impact(s) is usually visible,and most times,it causes physical pains
In a functional society,it [ physical abuse ] should be condemned,and so do all other forms of domestic violence,but that is not the case.
And that's why we need to talk about another form of domestic violence that's as lethal as physical abuse,and may even have a more lasting psychological effects than physical abuse,and that's verbal abuse.

Verbal abuse,also recognized as a form of emotional abuse,is when someone uses their words to assault , dominate, ridicule, manipulate and or degrade another person & negatively impacts this persons psychological health.

It commonly occurs in romantic relationships,family relationships,working place etc.
Most times,verbal abuse leads to physical abuse,but that's not always the case.
That's more reasons we should be treating verbal abuse with the same energy or even more than we treat physical abuse.

The effects of verbal abuse can just be as damaging ,or even more damaging than physical abuse.

It's our duty as a society to not only wage war against physical abuse,but also against verbal abuse,and generally against any form of domestic violence.
Parents should also teach their wards to not only speak up against physical abuse,but also verbal abuse.

If you consider verbal abuse less damaging than physical abuse,then it means you have no idea the psycological effects verbal abuse can inflict on it victims.

-- SAY NO TO VERBAL ABUSE .

-- SAY NO TO PHYSICAL ABUSE.

Mynd44, laLasticlala

Re: VERBAL ABUSE ; The Domestic Violence Nobody Talks About by rickpat(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2022
people don't want to use the law... nobody wants to press charges...to me..a CRIME IS A CRIME WHETHER IN MARRIAGE OR OUTSIDE MARRIAGE... people only hear most abuse cases when one party finally dies...USE THE LAW...CALL THE COPS(na so whites dey run am)..
Re: VERBAL ABUSE ; The Domestic Violence Nobody Talks About by Ebubu: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
I share in your opinion

We have similar ideas that’s why I created this thread with the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7085686/men-consider-divorcing-emotional-verbally
Re: VERBAL ABUSE ; The Domestic Violence Nobody Talks About by Milli10(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
Verbal abuse is directly proportional to physical abuse. While men should try to control their anger and physical strength on women, women on the other hand should also control their mouth and abusive words on men.

(1) (Reply)

New Month Giveaway On My Insta Page / What Are The Worst Life Style Decisions You Hate Most In Your Romantic Partner? / Wetin My Girlfriend Do Me Today Part Two (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.