Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center (15375 Views)

President Tinubu Renames National Theatre As Wole Soyinka Centre For Arts / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola / FG Renames Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital After Alex Ekwueme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by ExAngel007(f): 8:27am On Apr 20, 2022
The National Theatre in Iganmu, Lagos State, which is under renovation, has now been renamed to Lagos Creative and Entertainment Center, upon completion.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, disclosed this on Tuesday in Madrid, Spain while signing an agreement on Nigeria’s hosting of first Global Conference on Cultural Tourism and Creative Industry.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports the bilateral agreement
was signed between Nigeria and United Nation World Tourism Organisation at the organisation’s headquarters.

Mohammed disclosed that the global conference, which would hold from November 14 to 17, would be the first event to be staged at the newly refursbished edifice.

“Nigeria will be hosting the event at the National Theatre in
Lagos, which is currently being renovated at a cost of 100
million dollars under a partnership between the Federal
Government of Nigeria and the Bankers’ Committee/Central
Bank of Nigeria.

“It is the first of such renovation of the iconic edifice in over
four decades.

“In addition to the renovation, new hubs are being constructed, within the premises of the National theatre, for fashion, Information, technology, film and music.

“With that, the National Theatre is now known as the Lagos
Creative and Entertainment Centre.

“In addition, the Lagos surface rail system ,to serve the National Theatre ,will be commissioned ahead of the Global
Conference, ” he said
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/524695-fg-renames-national-theatre.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by money121(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2022
ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Larrysung(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2022
I'm always skeptical about anything that comes out of Lai's mouth. However, this development is long over due; most people would still refer it to as national theatre. I'm happy for the building sha

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Parachoko: 8:33am On Apr 20, 2022
E don tey wey I go National Theatre

I dey always go chop Cat Fish pepper soup for one woman shop for there back then.

9 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Dozis: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2022
They should just privatise the place, it was a ghost of its former self before this recent renovation.
If it's not privatised, government will continue bro misuse it and renovate it again thus making it another avenue to loot more resources, I know they will still steal the proceeds of the privatisation.

4 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Sadstoner: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2022
Hmm
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Ronaldinnioh(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2022
H
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Northboi: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2022
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by SmartPolician: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2022
$100 million! shocked

Lai Mohammed don really hammer! grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by slawormiir: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Franking: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2022
What's in a name. That place was da bomb in the mid to late 80s. Nobody send am again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Leun: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2022
Hope this finally works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Sergio103(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2022
shocked
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by jubrilELsudan: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2022
WHICH ROAD PEOPLE GO TAKE REACH THERE?

4 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Greenlight123: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2022
National semester
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by SIMONEKPA7: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2022
which is currently being renovated at a cost of 100
million dollars

Fear APC Govt. How much will new one cost

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2022
The President, Pee poo commander in chief of all Chicago druggies

2 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Starboytwo(m): 8:50am On Apr 20, 2022
This place will boost the entertainment sector. So many talents will take advantage of the facility and blow. It’s more of these they should prioritize, projects to mine talents.

3 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by davidupdate89: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Issorite, as long as them no use money change the name.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Cholls(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2022
Parachoko:
E don tey wey I go National Theatre

I dey always go chop Cat Fish pepper soup for one woman shop for there.

My brother when are you going there again....I wan chop like alatenuje
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by KarlWhyte(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2022
K
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by yusluvad(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2022
Not bad.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by cardoso514: 8:54am On Apr 20, 2022
No need for change of name.
It is still National Theatre

1 Like

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by chiedu7: 8:54am On Apr 20, 2022
Why dem no name am "Tinubu Creative And Entertainment Center"?

No be am get Lagos? angry

1 Like

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by FireUpNow(m): 8:54am On Apr 20, 2022
Provided they will maintain the the edifice as I don't care about the name change.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Larrysung(m): 8:56am On Apr 20, 2022
But wait o, $100M How much will building a new one cost?

Thats over 50 billion naira

3 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Lemmy123(m): 8:56am On Apr 20, 2022
Sweet place I'd love to visit...

Imagine say them born and breed me for Lagos but I no know anywhere pass Okoko

Average life no be am abeg

2 Likes

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Reference(m): 8:57am On Apr 20, 2022
Ah, ah.... still under renovation...??
For how many years...
Been hearing this for the last decade.
Every other month you hear the same news.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Supporters Donates Relief Items To Flood Victims in Jigawa / Political Jargons Among Nigerians / Jonathan Ojadah Appointed As Acting Global President By Supreme Council Of IPGC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.