Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center (15420 Views)

President Tinubu Renames National Theatre As Wole Soyinka Centre For Arts / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola / FG Renames Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital After Alex Ekwueme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Boperess: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2022
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Sunny2034: 9:01am On Apr 20, 2022
Dozis:
They should just privatise the place, it was a ghost of its former self before this recent renovation.
If it's not privatised, government will continue bro misuse it and renovate it again thus making it another avenue to loot more resources, I know they will still steal the proceeds of the privatisation.

Dey take style read nah. It HAS been privatised
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by excel101(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2022
As beautiful as the exterior looks the interior is almost empty. I hope they're not sold it and that it's just a change of normeclature. There used to be a drinking spot within the complex in the 80s where jide Kosoko, Adebayo Salami(Oga Bello) and Co hangout to gozzle beer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by uzino(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2022
who wan Remember that kind long name

how does that even affect national Development

1 Like

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Dshocker(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2022
It makes no difference
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Makinaki: 9:20am On Apr 20, 2022
Franking:
What's in a name. That place was da bomb in the mid to late 80s. Nobody send am again.

Small pikin. You suppose see am that year - circa 1977/78. Na there man watch James Bond The Spy Who Loved Me, Car Wash, Bisi Daughter of the River, Ogunde'a Aiye, etc etc. Fantastic world class venue back then. Naija nor get shikini maintenance culture.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by sheymoni(m): 9:21am On Apr 20, 2022
Parachoko:
E don tey wey I go National Theatre

I dey always go chop Cat Fish pepper soup for one woman shop for there back then.
That is sese modina. The woman Sabi cook cat fish
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2022
Overrated state.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by bayelsaowei(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2022
And how does this help us?
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Wchris(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2022
After one year it will decay again
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by mecuries(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2022
Renovated at a cost of hundred million dollars... since it was built, how much has been made from it?
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Johel(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2022
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 20, 2022
Na them sabi

The Greatest Scams In Football History

https://www.footballorbit.com/greatest-scams-football-history/#more
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Tzar(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2022
Wicked clowns trying to be president of an evil country and people.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by iamclime(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2022
I remember winning the 2nd place award in Performance Poetry at the National Theatre in 2005, at the ANA-Lagos Poetry Festival.
Nostalgia!
I can't wait to go back there after the renovation.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by jaxxy(m): 10:45am On Apr 20, 2022
Wrong move and won't make the situation any better bt rather worse.

The national theatre is historical and the name shouldn't be tempered with.

I hope this nonesense is reversed. They have just belittled a historical monument to a creative and entertainment inept joint undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by izubext007: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2022
Buhari govt. Is good in renaming.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Babaken(m): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2022
Larrysung:
I'm always skeptical about anything that comes out of Lai's mouth. However, this development is long over due; most people would still refer it to as national theatre. I'm happy for the building sha
Give that news two weeks if there's no denier you can confirm it.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Peppysco: 11:15am On Apr 20, 2022
chiedu7:
Why dem no name am "Tinubu Creative And Entertainment Center"?

No be am get Lagos? angry

Don't hate brother, worry more about the killings and destructions going on in your region. Too many killings going on there lately.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Kaiser20: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2022
Larrysung:
But wait o, $100M How much will building a new one cost?

Thats over 50 billion naira
When Buhari government say $100m for refurbishing, they mean $30m for the job done...... and $70m looting for Lai Mohammed and presidency pockets
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by chiedu7: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2022
Peppysco:

Don't hate brother, worry more about the killings and destructions going on in your region. Too many killings going on there lately.
Why will I hate a man who owns Lagos?
I'm more worried that you're okay with it.

Nevertheless I'm not sure there are more killings in the east than there are ritual killings in the west
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by COMPAQ(m): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2022
ExAngel007:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/524695-fg-renames-national-theatre.html

Can we see the inside of the so called refurbished edifice!!

I am curious to see what the Banker's Committee has spent $100mln on
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Peppysco: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2022
chiedu7:

Why will I hate a man who owns Lagos?
I'm more worried that you're okay with it.

Nevertheless I'm not sure there are more killings in the east than there are ritual killings in the west

You all need to change your thinking, man. That you run an egalitarian principle does not mean others must do same. Everyone cannot talk and expect to be heard at the same time. The Yorubas political structure is based on leadership structure and if this is different from your region's structure, you don't have to hate them for that. You cannot go into a man's house and tell him how to run his family. That you worry that they're ok with it, according to you, that shouldn't be your concern, worry more about the damages and lack of political representation and achievements your egalitarian principles is causing your region.
Lastly, I'm not sure your conversant with the news lately, there have been more killings in the East recently either by UGM or Igbos. You really need to worry more about that and leave Lagos state or SW alone
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Enyimbamercedes: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
A lot of things need to be renamed...

We have an international airport named after a genocidal beast, expressways and roads named after coup plotters and co-conspirators, a stadium named after a coup financier ...
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by caracas: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nice one
E remain national stadium, that place needs seriously renovations……
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Quintopia: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2022
They couldn't find a nice, short and snazzy name to give the edifice rather than this longwinded tongue twister? Incompetent fools.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by mamaafrik(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
Awon were just dey waste opportunities,dey should go and copy Obasanjo Presidential library and learn,include shoprite, museum and bank,the money for construction will be returning back in less than 2years taking advantage of the lagos rail station nearby.

That place is supposed to be the hub of music and film shooting.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by AlexJustin(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
100 million what.

Its road network reconnaissance and drawing I'm working on is giving me headache.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Panda7: 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2022
Lagosians and the lagos govt should now put it to good use.
Re: FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center by Horus(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
FG Renames National Theatre, Now Lagos Creative And Entertainment Center

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Buhari Departs For Jordan Ahead Of Counter Terrorism Summit / Certificate Scandals Threaten 2019 Dreams / 2023 BUDGET DEFICIT: Each Nigerian May Be Owing Extra N60k When Buhari Leaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.