Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:32 AM

I'm A Non Believer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm A Non Believer (673 Views)

I'm A Muslim, My 2 Wives Are Christians, My Children Are Confused - Asari Dokubo / Can A Non Believer Cast Out A Devil In The Name Of Jesus? / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Non Believer by Abbey117(m): 3:10am On Apr 24, 2022
I have been privileged to experience both muslim faith and christian faith but I won't lie I find it challenging to submit to any of them.

As a muslim I observed my five times prayers but later stopped due to the fact that I strongly objected to some rules attached to it like don't eat from a non Muslim mostly female you're not married to, dating is wrong, don't celebrate some festivals, don't do this and don't do that...

I later joined the christian faith but I pretty much find it hard to proclaim Jesus as my Lord and savior because I strongly believe that God is One and shouldn't be compared to human.

Being neutral makes me feel I'm not committed and irresponsible.

Pls how do I get through this. I'll strongly appreciate your opinion.
Thanks
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:
I later joined the christian faith but I pretty much find it hard to proclaim Jesus as my Lord and savior because I strongly believe that God is One and shouldn't be compared to human.
What exactly is your goal? undecided

Is it to know God or simply to belong to a group? undecided
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 4:04am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I'm with you on this. Science took me far from faith. I'm trying to find my way back to my faith. Things hasn't been easy since I started standing for myself (such an arrogant way to live. Who do I even think I am?) I need God now and always. I feel so fragile and venerable without Him.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
I'm with you on this. Science took me far from faith. I'm trying to find my way back to my faith. Things hasn't been easy since I started standing for myself (such an arrogant way to live. Who do I even think I am?) I need God now and always. I feel so fragile and venerable without Him.
You abandoned this Sam's faith for science, so why do you want to pick it back up again? What do you hope to gain from going back to what didn't give you any satisfaction in the first? undecided

Why exactly do you believe you need God now? And is God really in this faith you intend to pick back up again? undecided
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 4:14am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You abandoned this Sam's faith for science, so why do you want to pick it back up again? What do you hope to gain from going back to what didn't give you any satisfaction in the first? undecided

Why exactly do you believe you need God now? And is God really in this faith you intend to pick back up again? undecided
don't be fooled by the way most people display religion in the world. Just understand that there's more to this life than classical or quantum physics
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
don't be fooled by the way most people display religion in the world. Just understand that there's more to this life than classical or quantum physics
There's more yet you abandoned the more to settle for man's knowledge, why? undecided

I am trying to understand why you want to go back to it now. undecided

Assuming you did in fact experience what is in fact the power of God, why did you abandon Him for physical science?, lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 4:19am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There's more yet you abandoned the more to settle for man's knowledge, why? undecided

please, how do you mean "settle for man's knowledge?
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
Science.... man's knowledge. You said there is more to this life than just that. So why did you abandon this all mighty power of God in the first place to settle only for man's knowledge?, undecided

Or are you not in the same boat as the OP in this? undecided
Re: I'm A Non Believer by falcon01: 4:47am On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:
I have been privileged to experience both muslim faith and christian faith but I won't lie I find it challenging to submit to any of them.

As a muslim I observed my five times prayers but later stopped due to the fact that I strongly objected to some rules attached to it like don't eat from a non Muslim mostly female you're not married to, dating is wrong, don't celebrate some festivals, don't do this and don't do that...

Thanks
I do not agree with organised religion, but I am a Muslim and I am a believer as long as I have something to believe in. The concept of God In some Religions just doesn't sits well, and most importantly different people have different ways of worshipping God. Find your own way.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Abbey117(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I do strongly believe in the existence of God but the fact that I never belong to any of the religious group baffles me. Moreso, when things happen negatively, I feel I need a place to go to communicate with God through prayers. As a chronic introvert it has been an headache when I see my peers committed to one religion or the other
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Maynman: 8:41am On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:

I do strongly believe in the existence of God but the fact that I never belong to any of the religious group baffles me. Moreso, when things happen negatively, I feel I need a place to go to communicate with God through prayers. As a chronic introvert it has been an headache when I see my peers committed to one religion or the other

Bro, we have thousands of religion, try others.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by tctrills: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:

Thanks
Its ok to be confused and not to settle. As long as you continue to search for God and hunger for the truth, you would be fine. You are better than most worshippers who accept without questions. Refuse to settle until you hear the voice of God in your heart telling you where to go.
because of this your thread, many would begin to advertise their religion to you. Listen to them but remember, you don't need them to decide what is true. Things of God can only be revealed by God.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:

Thanks

Talk True, you like how you be.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
Its ok to be confused and not to settle. As long as you ...

He is not confused, he knows what he wants and his options do not give him those things.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by tctrills: 8:55am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

He is not confused, he knows what he wants and his options do not give him those things.
Its not always as easy as you think. Look at Paul, do you think he did not know about Jesus Christ? Do you think he had not heard any preaching? But when the Lord spoke to him, he believed. God has a timetable for us all.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 8:58am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:

Flee from that guy, he is evil. He is a Satan with bible.

He will kill you!
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
Its not always as easy as you think. Look at Paul, do you think he did not know about Jesus Christ? Do you think he had not heard any preaching? But when the Lord spoke to him, he believed. God has a timetable for us all.

Nope. Paul already set himself to serve God.

He, like all men have his pursuits and any WAY which that does not deliver his aims, must be cut off.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Flee from that guy, he is evil. He is a Satan with bible.

He will kill you!
lol. He's just asking questions
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 9:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Science.... man's knowledge. You said there is more to this life than just that. So why did you abandon this all mighty power of God in the first place to settle only for man's knowledge?, undecided

yes I am in the same boat but to me, science is humans getting to know the works of God. I now see God greater than I've ever seen him.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 9:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

yes I am in the same boat but to me, science is humans getting to know the works of God. I now see God greater than I've ever seen him. Just imagine what a type 6 civilization will look like
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Maynman: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Assuming you did in fact experience what is in fact the power of God, why did you abandon Him for physical science?, lipsrsealed

Your knowledge you got from god is not enough to make you a happy person. Even with your Jesus you are still unhappy, you can continue to lie to yourself.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
lol. He's just asking questions

No, he is not asking questions, he is trying to sell you his perversions which is executed by hiding it in some The Truths.

Be alert to half Truths, it is fatal..That is what Satan used to destroy man.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

No, he is not asking questions, he is trying to sell you his perversions which is executed by hiding it in some The Truths.

Be alert to half Truths, it is fatal..That is what Satan used to destroy man.
I'm finding my way back to God. By His Grace, nothing can hold me back
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
yes I am in the same boat but to me, science is humans getting to know the works of God. I now see God greater than I've ever seen him. Just imagine what a type 6 civilization will look like

That is what Science is. Science means "To Know"!

The Truth, is in the Past!

Which the evils have taken up to use to destroy all men and place them in the Very Curse of God.

Jeremiah 17:5 KJV:

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Dtruthspeaker: 9:24am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:

Many things will knock you out! And Satan hates this, so he will come at you like never before just like job's attack.

But the only tip I will leave, is "Are you sure you truly want God? Do you know He comes at a very very high price? If the price is more than what you want to pay or you think to pay, are you going to pay it?

Over to you!
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Maynman: 9:28am On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:

Bro, why don’t you know where the word “God” came from?
Re: I'm A Non Believer by BestLife22(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2022
Saudi Arabia is not just an Islamic country like everyone thinks. There are a lot of majestic sights to explore in this beautiful city of Riyadh
Let's give you a tour of Riyadh in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK97jmN9t8o

Just take a look at the drift before and after iftar
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
1. yes I am in the same boat but to me, science is humans getting to know the works of God.

2. I now see God greater than I've ever seen him. Just imagine what a type 6 civilization will look like
1. But have humans gotten to know God from all that knowledge yet? undecided

2. Type 6 civilization? undecided
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:
So this, to you, is about finding a social club (religious) to belong to, and not really about finding God and doing what God wants? undecided
Re: I'm A Non Believer by Maynman: 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So this, to you, is about finding a social club (religious) to belong to, and not really about finding God and doing what God wants? undecided

Is it not through religion that you know what god does? That he is jealous and ill tempered.
Without religion will you know anything about god?

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: I'm A Non Believer by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Abbey117:

Thanks

Your story really looks like mine before i became one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
In fact i used to see this group in the streets but i never had any direct dealings with them.
I later realized that my parents have been the hindrance why i never heard from Jehovah's Witnesses.
Well all that is in the past now, i am now a true believer as in one who have the wisdom to convince you that nobody can worship the true God without the gathering of His people!

The title GOD connotes SUPREME BEING so for you to truthfully be a BELIEVER in God you must be able to IDENTIFY the assembly of fellow believer in the one who is supreme.
That is the one and only evidence that you know the one who is invisible, if you can't see the face of a ruler you must know His subjects in order to know what He's capable of doing.

Everyone in Nigeria today is blaming Buhari not because this man is a criminal but due to the fact that his subjects aren't enjoying what he promised before becoming the president of Nigeria.

So there are many lords and many gods but for you to IDENTIFY the Almighty God you must know His plans (just as Buhari promised before becoming the president of Nigeria) find out what are the things God promised will be happening in the gathering of His own worshipers?

There are many presidents in the world and each of them made a promise before their subjects voted them into power that's exactly the same way the Almighty God does with His own subjects. He doesn't force Himself on anyone but made a promise to those that choose to subject themselves to his standards.

So what is God's promise regarding those that subject themselves to his standards?

You and i can reason together on this i believe you will have the peace and joy that comes from the true God! Isaiah 1:18 smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm A Non Believer by Proudlycanadian: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But have humans gotten to know God from all that knowledge yet? undecided

2. Type 6 civilization? undecided
well, I now see him bigger than I used to with the help of science. Imagine the scale of the universe, down to plank length.
Mehn. One has to be outside the box to create the box.

Read about civilization type

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Website For Informed Rationalists / Merry Christmas / Lucifer And Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.