Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,476 members, 7,891,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? (9953 Views)

Video Of NDLEA Officers Appreciating God In A Thanksgiving Service / How I Encountered The Of Kingdom Wealth Through A Vision Of Bishop Oyedepo / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by oshorstan(m): 3:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God healed you while you were in a church? Why do you believe God healing you had something to do with your being in the church at the time? undecided

I ask because I too was healed of chronic case of acid reflex disease back in 2004 and I was lying on my bed of the particular day that it happened, while on the phone with a friend. undecided

In the presence of God, there is FULLNESS of joy, and at his mighty right hand, there are pleasures forevermore.. There is a place of Contact with healing. And Naaman was told to go to River Jordan to dip himself 7 times and he was made whole. There is the place of alignment
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Apr 25, 2022
oshorstan:
In the presence of God, there is FULLNESS of joy, and at his mighty right hand, there are pleasures forevermore.. There is a place of Contact with healing. And Naaman was told to go to River Jordan to dip himself 7 times and he was made whole. There is the place of alignment
Naaman did not enter into the presence of God. This "presence of God" you speak of is not necessary for God's healing to occur... not during Naaman's time and certainly not now. :-

There was no such thing as "alignment" during Naaman's time. God instead said He pours out His mercy daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful, daily meaning that healing are in no way restricted to some by God. It happens even to unbelievers on a regular basis, hence my question as to why you attribute your experience to a church. undecided

Also, if you pay close attention to what the verses you quote are in fact telling you, you wil note they have nothing to do with this talk of healing at all. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Dshocker(m): 6:16am On Apr 25, 2022
7victor:
One day, during the Uyo miracle convention by Rev Uma Ukpai, One pastor was invited to preach.

When he started praying for people to get healing, people started vomiting.

Suddenly, I felt power hit my stomach and it was as much as I could do not to throw up.

The man explained that the power was destroying every sickness and evil that was in our belles and bodies.

Share your experience.

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2022
GreatVocalist:

He's in you, seeking that you humble yourself, abandon your human way of reasoning (logic), renew your mind and seek to know Him for yourself. Until then, He won't show Himself to you unless He decides to graciously do that.

Well, he can dey his dey na. I'm perfectly fine without him.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Image123(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Beetunez44:

There is no reference in the Bible where Love is called a Gift (if there is any please tell me).

The chapter you quoted too said nothing about love being a gift.

Kindly explain

It is the best gift that we are told to covet earnestly in 1Corinthians 12. Like i said, i understand your point that it is not one of what we commonly call the 9 gifts of the Spirit but among the Fruit of the Spirit. The Fruit of the the Spirit are themselves gifts from God.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:
Yes I have severally but let me share one.
Some years ago, at Ido-Ile prayer mountain, I was fasting for self deliverance as I have been eating alot in the dream and I noticed it was affecting my spirit man. As we began serious warfare prayers, I felt a very hot hand grip my head, I got dizzy and fell to my knees. I began to vomit, I could taste what I was vomiting, it wasn't the usual repulsive cold taste, this one was very bitter. After about 2mins of vomiting, the hot hand left me and the dizziness and vomiting stopped immediately. I opened my eyes to see what I vomited, only to see that there was nothing on the floor. But I can swear that I felt it and tasted it and it was bitter. I got up and felt very very light. My spiritual life was changed from that day.

Hmmmm.. Interesting...
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
GreatVocalist:

No, you are not. How do you define “fine”?

Fine is relative, same with not being fine. How do u define not being fine?
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 6:30am On Apr 26, 2022
GreatVocalist:

My answer depends on your answer to the question I asked.

Fine in my context means contented, without worry.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
GreatVocalist:

God is not a THING, He's a person.
God does not live inside of everyone abeg and everyone is not a child of God. undecided

Make una dey take am easy with what is these antiChrist doctrines of men you throw around anyhow. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, God only lives inside of those whose lives are lived in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings(commandments) of Jesus Christ. These are those who are become Sons of God, living their lives in obedience of God's Will and Truth, Jesus Christ. - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

There are those who Jesus Christ described as sons of the devil... these are those who continually violate God's Law and Truth as given to us by Jesus Christ. These people claim to believe but refuse to obey the teachings (and commandments) of Jesus Christ, and so the Father doesn't live inside of them, neither does the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided

Then you have the unbelieving world who outrightly reject God. These are condemned as unholy by God meaning God can't live inside of them as they are. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The True And Real "Ark Of Covenant In Africa" / 6 Signs To Know Real Babalawos & 6 Truth About Babalawos / Federal High Court Dismisses TB Joshua's Lawsuit Against Lagos Coroner'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.