Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,408 members, 7,964,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? (54641 Views)

Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos) / Wode Maya: Namibia Is The Dubai Of Africa / Kenya Stowaway Falls Off KQ Flight From Nairobi To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Coly2012(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
Starzo:

carry that same energy and go build the east
after the civil war no other region have done better than the igbos in terms of development,the Igbo do this without government aid.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by AntonVince: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Oga shut up. Nairobi is a huge slumpolis. What is kigali And windhoek. Those overhype villages. Oga forget. Lagos get level no be play

It's a problem, a big problem when one is obviously untraveled, yet engages in arguments on issues like this.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Kuruptnigga: 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
AntonVince:

It's a problem, a big problem when one is obviously untraveled, yet engages in arguments on issues like this.
Shut up grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Coly2012(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
sogodihno:

How come ibo people can't replicate the same thing in their cursed backward mud republic?

You urgently need brain
It's only a local native dog that will say the east is cursed and backward. Come to the east if your village people will allow you and see for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by babaalagbo11(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
All I can do is wow wow shocked shocked shocked impressive and unbelievable,see those architectural masterpiece and neat environment, Kenya? Haaa who we offend for this country
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by allcomage: 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
SmartyPants:

Remove Kigali. What is it about Kigai that would beat Abuja??
Please Nigerians should stop having swollen heads. Where have you been in Africa? Kigali is the second most livable cities in Africa while Nairobi is third. Abuja is around 12th position while lagos doesn't come into the picture.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by allcomage: 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Abuja is better than Kigali by far aside the proper sanitation..

Nairobi..I will admit..Abuja still dey learn
Kigali is far better than Abuja, why are you brushing sanitation aside, is Abuja the zoo capital?
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by allcomage: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
SmartyPants:

We all know it is clean. Is that what we should be celebrating as a yardstick?
Is cleanliness no longer next to godliness? Why are you downplaying cleanliness, its only a dirty person does that. Your name should dirtypants instead of smartypants.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by sogodihno: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Coly2012:
It's only a local native dog that will say the east is cursed and backward. Come to the east if your village people will allow you and see for yourself.

God forbid! What will I do in that barrren region? That's why your professionals are seeking out of the region to SW, one if your professional is still lamenting this morning in a telegram group I am, how they pay them chicken change far worse than north east.
Your region is not useful bro.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Starzo: 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Coly2012:
after the civil war no other region have done better than the igbos in terms of development,the Igbo do this without government aid.
whatever feeds your ego

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Jamesbiodun(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ebubu:
Is it finer than Abakaliki in Ebonyi state?
don't be a mumu man

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Ebubu: 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
don't be a mumu man
comot for here

You don visit new Ebonyi before?
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Ebubu: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Thanksful:

You are showing colored lights.
assif that’s not reality of Ebonyi state?
akin9ja78:

Abakaliki kee u
Abakaliki don leave ur state behind.

Ogun kee ur papa
medexico:

Why are you showing us pictures of bridges??
is that not Abakaliki?
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Ebubu: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Immatex:

[s]You are mad but has no one to tell you! Keep living in denial.

Abakilika is just cosmetic beauty! Modernization goes beyond what you have in those flyovers and roundabouts in Abakilika town.

Do disgrace your village people comparing Abakilika to developed modern cities.

Abakilika will get there hopefully, but not by bragging over empty spaces[/s].

Your stupidity is legendary.

Celebrate what you have.

Black man and inferiority complex are inseparable.

Abakaliki haters keep hating while Ebonyi keep grinding fast
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
Beautiful
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by olugabbie(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
That is the work of the Chinese. China is doing a great job in Africa.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Lamanii22(f): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
Mindlog:

Yes. Nairobi is more comfortable to live in than in Lagos or Abuja. I lived there.
wow! Would love to visit there
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Prophet777: 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
You have sold your future for a pot of porridge just like your forefathers. Hungry man!
adelaja70:

You are very sick and mentally deranged....
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by God1stson(m): 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
hopeforcharles:

Nigeria got swags too forget
I just they laugh, people don't know the level of decay in Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian but sorry to disappoint u, a lot of African countries have left us behind. When Peter Obi said Morroco and Egypt are ahead of us in many ways u guys tot he was joking. Make una dey here dey massage una ego. If a c visa to enter Kenya I go jakpa. Una fit vote Tinubu or Yahaya bello na Ina know
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by silverlinen(m): 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

How is this about Lagos now ? Are you even not from a state in Nigeria ? If "everything about lagos na hype....", why don't you tell us where you're from or you are too ashamed to even mention it here ? You guys obsession with Lagos is quite unbelievable; it's insane ! It's not hard at all to know who you're; an hate filled " developer" from dotland republic of cannibals ! If Lagos na "hype" go back to your village in alaigbo na !
Damnnn
Check my signature make you no where i come from.
Who's obsessed with Lagos?
I grew up in Lagos and haven't been there in almost 10 years now, so why e dey pain you for body.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by God1stson(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
frog12:
meet KENYANS and you'll see that they speak better ENGLISH than NIGERIANS.
No go there. When it comes to human resources Nigerians are top notch. Even UK and US knows. We are only caused with leadership and tribal politics that's why these good brains are not given leadership opportunity.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by biosystech: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
nony43:
No be joke, our Abuja can not stand toe to toe with Kigali and Nairobi
Nairobi, I agree. What is in Kigali?

Lamanii22:
wow! Would love to visit there
It is comfortable with near-constant electricity. Also, it is very cold. Food tastes bland as many aren't used to spices there.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by tonididdy(m): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
shogsman:
Been there twice and I've gotta say it is a dozen times more developed than naija, almost as clean as Kigali.
Nairobi is airtight
Being to Rwanda and I must confess it's beautiful up there.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by generalwo(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Why u carry only the good sides of Kenya dey show us What about the villages?? How fine are they and their people??
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by MkenyaMatata(m): 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
I love My city Nairobi, AKA The Green City in the Sun. There is no need for hate, my country Kenya������ is making big strides. Every African should be proud of great things happening in the continent, regardless of their nationalities. I love Nairobi for it's green public spaces/recreational parks, not just the infrastructure and architecture. Nairobi is so unique and it has got the best weather, compared to other cities in the region. It is also amazing that Nairobi has a National Park, teeming with all kinds of wildlife, right in the city. Less than 20 minutes from the CBD! https://www.nairaland.com/6748660/unique-nairobi-only-city-world#105733231

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Bouncing2(m): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Oga comot 4 here.

Don't be deceived ,,, Nairobi has more than 9 slums in that city and that's the only city in Kenya too.

Forget tall houses,, Rome is more important,, likewise Paris than Nairobi upon say dem nor too get 50 storeys
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by AmadorSays: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Wow, beautiful. Nigeria needs to wake up o, giant of Africa no be by mouth o
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by BigBashiru: 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
allcomage:

Kigali is far better than Abuja, why are you brushing sanitation aside, is Abuja the zoo capital?

I'm very glad these sorts of conversations are now happening instead of always arguing about European cities....
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by BigBashiru: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
God1stson:

I just they laugh, people don't know the level of decay in Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian but sorry to disappoint u, a lot of African countries have left us behind. When Peter Obi said Morroco and Egypt are ahead of us in many ways u guys tot he was joking. Make una dey here dey massage una ego. If a c visa to enter Kenya I go jakpa. Una fit vote Tinubu or Yahaya bello na Ina know

Kenyan babes are hot and sexy too....
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by MkenyaMatata(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bouncing2:
Oga comot 4 here.

Don't be deceived ,,, Nairobi has more than 9 slums in that city and that's the only city in Kenya too.

Forget tall houses,, Rome is more important,, likewise Paris than Nairobi upon say dem nor too get 50 storeys
Lies, am Kenyan we got other cities too. Check out Mombasa at the coast(indian ocean), it's very famous and more touristy and the beaches there are out of this world. There is Kisumu City too, which is located in the west, at the shores of the biggest lake in Africa, Lake Victoria. Nakuru City with the lake and the flamingoes is an iconic city also.

Most cities in Africa have some form of slums and informal settlements. Because of rampant migration from rural areas, but that doesn't define everything that is this continent of Africa. Last time I checked Makoko was the biggest slum in this continent, dwarfing by far any other slum. Atleast slum dwellers in Kenya receive electricity 24/7, 365 days a year, good access roads, water, cheap health services and free education for their children.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dead Tolulope Arotile: Throwback Video Of Nigeria’s Combat Helicopter Pilot / 7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.