Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,701 members, 7,965,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 06:02 PM

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! (40079 Views)

Vietnamese Man Slept Next To The Dead Wife For 5 Years.--true Love Does Exist!!!! / Love Does Not Ask Us To Be Perfect / True Love Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 190: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2011
BABE!:

Singing "NO LOVE" (Eminem Ft-Lil Wayne).

undecided undecided
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
abeg all you romance shat room people, make una go back to una romance shat room, and don't derail this thread grin grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by BABE3: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
claremont:

abeg all you romance shat room people, make una go back to una romance shat room, and don't derail this thread grin grin

Oga, I directed that song at you (your last post)--not 190.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by born2boink(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2011
Love means Money
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2011
born2fuck:

Love means Money
Now you are talking, Good stuff! grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by MissyB3(f): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
Just like its existence, its nonexistence cannot be proven. Simply impossible!

claremont:

Thats right, I have come to the conclusion that love does not exist. I say this because if you look at the fail rate of marriage and every other relationship it is huge. >50% of all marriages fail.
Whoever said these people got married on the basis of love? Then again, what proves, assuming the existence of love is established, that it lasts forever and isn't subject to change under different circumstances? I know there's an emotion like anger, fear, joy because I've felt each of these at different times and I also know that they all are subject to change under some circumstances. . . .same goes for that emotion we call love. In fact, everything, including emotions, is subject to change and like someone once told me, if given time, could die.

claremont:

What people term Love actually is only old-fashioned lust, desire, extreme frendliness. Eventually all people who claim to 'love' will end up just being great friends, no more 'loving' to each other than two best mates.
What that emotion we call love consists of is irrelevant to whether or not it 'exists'. Truth is, there is a blissful state where your happiness is totally dependent on someone else's such that all you want to do is make them happy; you voluntarily put the person first before anything else. Love does occur and like every other emotion, it 'fluctuates'. Just like that dude I so much hate could become my friend tomorrow and that friend I like could become my enemy tomorrow, my love can become just a  friend tomorrow. Everlasting, faithful and unchanging love is a divine concept. . .Way out of man's league.

claremont:

Studies have shown that couples who marry on the basis of "Love" do NOT last as those whom marry on the basis of mutual compatibility.
Quite logical! I do not disagree at all. I belong to the school of thought that love is just not enough.

claremont:

It will interest you to know that the western world who gave us the concept of love have the highest divorce rates today, yet love is practised there. So it therefore means that there is no correlation whatsoever between love and a sustained relationship. In India, arranged marriages is the norm, yet India has the lowest divorce rates worldwide, Go figure!
Whoever said the western world gave us the concept of love? We might have copied or allowed ourselves to be taught/told how to express it but this emotion has existed since the beginning of time.

Secondly, it's one thing to say love does not determine the duration of a  relationship / marriage . . . . it's another thing to say love does not exist. While I agree with the former, I consider the latter a mere quotidian expression that holds no water. Which is your point?

claremont:

If God=Love and Love=God, then are persons who do not believe in a God, love-less?! God and Love are both not mutually exclusive, they both can't be proven, their adherents are extremely volatile and passionate about their delusion, they both can lead to violence and atrocities, and since nobody can conclusively prove that they exist with a logical and objective definition, it therefore means that they are both non-existent. It's simple really, no one needs to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.
I don't understand why you lot like to confuse yourselves. You affirm that God and love do not exist YET, you give us characteristics of both.

BTW, is there an emotion called fear? Do you mind giving us an ''objective'' definition of fear or proving its existence to us?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
undecided
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Cuddlemii: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
Love actually existed but people took it and made it their own.

That's why we have these kind of lyrics in our love songs:

'I love you biatch, I love you nigga",, "I will rob the bank for u",, 'I am in love with a stripper',, 'Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye , ',, "I'm gonna die for you",, "Ur love is like a knife piercing through my heart",, "Ur love dey killi me softly",, "tears in my eyes girl",,  "im bleeding inside",, "i am calling u ole cause u stole my heart away",, "I will be your scapegoat hunny",, "I am in love with 2 women, I don't know which 1 to take",, "I love u pass my mama", "If you do me I do you"
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
I totally agree with the OP that love does not exist except maybe in fairy tales.
What people actually call love is LUST of the flesh.
Can some one actually define what love means?
And please do not tell me God of the Bible is love.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by MMM2(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2011
am so sick of love. angry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 2Praise: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
I have learned not to worry about love, but to honor its coming with all my heart.  smiley

Is love a tender thing? It is too rough, too rude, too boisterous and it pricks like thorn.

I have loved to the point of madness,that which is called madness, is the only sensible way to love.

@ OP.
In this whole world,don't you have anybody that loves you unconditionaly? What about you is theres anybody that you love?

If not theres something definately wrong wth you. undecided
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
Is it so hard for respondents who claim that love exists to provide an objective definition for it?! You said Love exists, so define it then!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 190: 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
M M M:

am so sick of love. angry

[size=18pt]Me sef ooh! undecided[/size]
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Cuddlemii: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
190:

[size=18pt]Me sef ooh!  undecided[/size]

Let me get Nurse Dyt for u with the thermometer. Brb. Any numbness that I should know about so I can write it in your report
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Dyt(f): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2011
Walks in wit er sexy dress*white dress*
190 cant stop mopin at my shape
so now wat did u say s d prob mr?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Just like its existence, its nonexistence cannot be proven. Simply impossible!
Whoever said these people got married on the basis of love? Then again, what proves, assuming the existence of love is established, that it lasts forever and isn't subject to change under different circumstances? I know there's an emotion like anger, fear, joy because I've felt each of these at different times and I also know that they all are subject to change under some circumstances. . . .same goes for that emotion we call love. In fact, everything, including emotions, is subject to change and like someone once told me, if given time, could die.
What that emotion we call love consists of is irrelevant to whether or not it 'exists'. Truth is, there is a blissful state where your happiness is totally dependent on someone else's such that all you want to do is make them happy; you voluntarily put the person first before anything else. Love does occur and like every other emotion, it 'fluctuates'. Just like that dude I so much hate could become my friend tomorrow and that friend I like could become my enemy tomorrow, my love can become just a  friend tomorrow. Everlasting, faithful and unchanging love is a divine concept. . .Way out of man's league.
Quite logical! I do not disagree at all. I belong to the school of thought that love is just not enough.
Whoever said the western world gave us the concept of love? We might have copied or allowed ourselves to be taught/told how to express it but this emotion has existed since the beginning of time.

Secondly, it's one thing to say love does not determine the duration of a  relationship / marriage . . . . it's another thing to say love does not exist. While I agree with the former, I consider the latter a mere quotidian expression that holds no water. Which is your point?
I don't understand why you lot like to confuse yourselves. You affirm that God and love do not exist YET, you give us characteristics of both.

BTW, is there an emotion called fear? Do you mind giving us an ''objective'' definition of fear or proving its existence to us?

Good stuff! You said "Truth is, there is a blissful state where your happiness is totally dependent on someone else's such that all you want to do is make them happy; you voluntarily put the person first before anything else". Surely a well learned person like yourself should know that basic morality demands that we treat others the same way we would want to be treated. We don't need to hide under the pretence of an imaginary "love" to do that, the way and manner we treat our partners is due to the fact that we expect them to treat us the same way. Surely, that is basic common sense, that's not what people call "love", is it?" If it is, then the proponents of love are more deluded than I thought initially.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2011
[size=13pt]Romance chat guys, I will appreciate it if you guys take a stroll to your chat room please, and don't derail this thread, cheerz[/size] angry angry angry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Dyt(f): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2011
^^ rem its still on d love thingy
so dont tk it 2 personal
gd u drillin ppls brains
atleast dere shld b fun inbtw
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Cuddlemii: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 2Praise: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ok OP
Since ur nt comfrtable wth hearing God is the best example of Love then,

Love is giving /receiving . Quest is, what are you giving/receiving and what is the motive behind it?

Now if cant give/receive,you can't love and if you can't love then you are neither human nor animal.Probably alien. undecided
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2011
2Praise:

Ok OP
Since your nt comfrtable wth hearing God is the best example of Love then,

Love is giving /receiving . Quest is, what are you giving/receiving and what is the motive behind it?

Now if cant give/receive,you can't love and if you can't love then you are neither human nor animal.Probably alien. undecided

Is it?! In other words, if I refuse to give to my neighbour, does it therefore means that I hate him/her?! Giving and receiving is a basic human behaviour which has existed right before the word "love" was coined. Giving and receiving are both objective human traits with an objective definition, "love" on the other hand is entirely subjective. It lacks a single modicum of meaning.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2011
If You dont want Romance Chat Guyz on your thread, Then TAKE YOUR S>HIT OUTTA THE ROMANCE SECTION!. . . AND DONT COME BACK! angry angry angry grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 190: 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2011
sexkillz:

If You dont want Romance Chat Guyz on your thread, Then TAKE YOUR S>HIT OUTTA THE ROMANCE SECTION!. . . AND DONT COME BACK! angry angry angry grin
[size=28pt]ROTFLMFAOOOO
[/size]
I didnt do anything oo

Its DYT AND CUDDLEMII grin grin grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2011
OP, my post is not ad hominem in any way; take as it's written.

Love exists, I believe and know it. Just because you are yet to experience something or that it's intangible does not render it non existent. You posit that 50% of marriages failing means love does not exist, are you attributing the success of remaining 50% to mutual compatibility, wouldn't that be presumptuous of you ?

The biggest mistake you made in your original post is equating being in love with a person/loving someone to wanting to have sex with them. Love and lust are mutually exclusive.

Spouses who cheat on their partners and do a good job of hiding it well will tell you they hide it because they respect their partners, however, those who truly love theirs won't do it no matter the temptation because they don't want to lose that special feeling that the other person brings them.

Here's some science; when in love, endorphins are released which gives you a feeling of being on high, however, as with all chemical releases into the bloodstream, it's effect only lasts for as long as its presence in the body. If the thought of someone constantly triggers the release of endorphins, would it be delusional to call the effect this person has on me love, especially when I think about a non sexual characteristic ?

Love also exists in varying degrees, this can especially be noted when you consider the love shown by parents. Most parents of more than one child favours/love one more than the rest and it's not always because the child in question is better than their other children. That child simply triggers a higher release of endorphins than the others.

Finally, it's wrong to say the West brought us love, if you mean buying flowers and chocolates on Valentines day, I agree.

Let me give you an example, I know a man who does not have the appetite of most men, he eats very little.  Whenever, he visited us, he'd politely turn down every offer of food however light; he'd swiftly follow his refusal with ' I won't be able to eat when I get home and my wife would have cooked and I won't like her to be upset', that has nothing to do with mutual compatibility but love.  He loves his wife and does not enjoy what he feels when she's upset, mutual compatibility does not bring out that kind of feeling.

Last words - The yorubas say that ' ai rin jinna lai r'abuke okere', literal translation: If you wander far enough, you'll see a hunched squirrel. Figurative translation : You are only as wise as your experience.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2011
You and your Science Jargon! You Dont Believe In love, you dont believe in God, You dont believe in Affection! You need proof of watchamacallit! Define love blah blah blah. . . love is delusional yada yada yada! Wise man! Do you even Believe you are Human? Can you prove that you Exist? The Air you are breathing is it really Air? Can you prove it? I saw u type in Big Letters, was that Anger? Are you Angry? Can you prove that anger Exist? You talk of Morals, can you prove Morals Exist? Excuuuze Mii! Is this a Science Class? Are we solving for X or for Y? Damn! undecided
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 190: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
If Love exist then ROSE WOULD HAVE DIED WITH JACK on that TITANIC BOAT

She deceived the poor man and made him die in that COLD

make God punish am angry angry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Cuddlemii: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2011
Speaking of Titanic, I remember the car scene with his sweaty palms, that's all I remember in that movie. Jack is now my best actor after off course when he shred the good romantic boy image. I love his action movies.

He didn't survive cos rose was another man's property, the soul dt sinneth would nvr go unpunished.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 190: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2011
^Exactly that was how BABE was my property and she choose to flirt off with a MOD - OAM4J

the soul that sineth shall undecided undecided
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 2Praise: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2011
Romeo and Juliet !!.Who can beat those 2?
They both died in love
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Cuddlemii: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
190:

^Exactly that was how BABE was my property and she choose to flirt off with a MOD - OAM4J

the soul that sineth shall undecided undecided

Lolz U sef upload ur pix so we can do this face off once and for all.

2Praise:

Romeo and Juliet !!.Who can beat those 2?
They both died in love

I never watched that movie. So many versions and too unrealistic.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2011
190:

If Love exist then ROSE WOULD HAVE DIED WITH JACK on that TITANIC BOAT

She deceived the poor man and made him die in that COLD

make God punish am angry angry

grin grin grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 2Praise: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
@cuddlemii

I meant the novel.I cant even rember ever watching the movie but the original story the novel? very cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Help! I'm Emotionally Wrecked! / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / He Broke Up With Me The Night He Proposed! Frances & Desmond’s Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.