Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,190 members, 7,939,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? (9471 Views)

FIFA Refuses To Back Messi Or Chitalu For Goal Record / Who Will Win The Ballon D'or Tonight? (messi, Xavi Or Ronaldo?) / France(1) Vs Brazil(0): World Cup. Zidane Or Ronaldo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by dabraska: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
ddipset!! if u argue wif dis dademola guy again, u mess up! he has dodged all questions askd and he's jst ranting, mscheww!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by omar22(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
if u want to continue refering to youth tournaments, i wish u luck. Messi was d best plyr for argentina @ d worldcup, yet he didnt mk fifa's team(your country doesnt nid to go too far in d worldup cos ronaldo made d team in 2006

Gianluigi Buffon
Jens Lehmann
Ricardo
Roberto Ayala
John Terry
Lilian Thuram
Philipp Lahm
Fabio Cannavaro
Gianluca Zambrotta
Ricardo Carvalho
Zé Roberto
Patrick Vieira
Zinedine Zidane
Michael Ballack
Andrea Pirlo
Gennaro Gattuso
Francesco Totti
Luís Figo
Maniche
Hernán Crespo
Thierry Henry
Miroslav Klose
Luca Toni

unless if Ronaldo is been written in Portuguese then stop goofing us with lies
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
dabraska:

ddipset!! if u argue wif dis dademola guy again, u mess up! he has dodged all questions askd and he's jst ranting,  mscheww!!
hw e take concern u? Shey na y hand e dey take type am, or e tell u say hand dey pain am Shey na u even get d thread, sef Abeg comot hia!!!! Go play wit sand!!!!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by ddippset(m): 2:53am On Jul 24, 2011
dabraska:

ddipset!! if u argue wif dis dademola guy again, u mess up! he has dodged all questions askd and he's jst ranting, mscheww!!
omar22:

Gianluigi Buffon
Jens Lehmann
Ricardo
Roberto Ayala
John Terry
Lilian Thuram
Philipp Lahm
Fabio Cannavaro
Gianluca Zambrotta
Ricardo Carvalho
Zé Roberto
Patrick Vieira
Zinedine Zidane
Michael Ballack
Andrea Pirlo
Gennaro Gattuso
Francesco Totti
Luís Figo
Maniche
Hernán Crespo
Thierry Henry
Miroslav Klose
Luca Toni

unless if Ronaldo is been written in Portuguese then stop goofing us with lies
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by dabraska: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2011
lwkmd!! all messi haters, y'all shud know dis! You are hating on a player dat mite not even b as tall or old as u guys! grin grin grin Na wa oh! go hate on sum1 ur own size. haahahahahaha!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by hlbroker1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
both of them are good but i think messi is my best, God of mercy
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by usmanjaji(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2011
They are both great players but i will go for Ronaldo because of what he offers outside the game. He adds flavour to the game just like David Beckham did in his days.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Ibomade1: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
It depends on the club and maybe the league. In a team like Arsenal i will go for C. Ronaldo primarily because of the physical nature of the EPL and because he will be playing alongside short guys like Wheelchair Whilshere.

But I will choose Messi if it is a team like Chelsea as he will bring in something different to the team.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by switch360(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2011
I will go for Ronaldo , Messi is only good for Barcelona. Ronaldo all the way
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
Both are good! infact for now -Messi is the best but as things goes,i reaLLY DOUBT HIS PERFORMANCE outside barca whereas Ronaldo is doing fine in Real madrid as well as he has done in former club United.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by babadlaw1(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
as for me o, its messi all the way
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by nitrogen(m): 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
Aaaah, me pick messi, olorun o nije, cr7 ni o, messi will (nt can) neva perform outside barca, try d guy 4 ajegunle.o ma fi enu gunle ni. So that leaves us wit the one nd only option C. Ro. Ro.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
I take Messi any time any day cus he is a big match performer always out performing Ronaldo in every encounter between their teams so does rating Ronaldo above Messi I will like u people to asnwer these questions how many trophies or medals have Ronaldo win for his country both at youth level and at this present level. Messi have won the under 20 world cup and olimpic gold medal for Agentina, the fact remains that both of them are flobs at their respective national teams. Then when I hear people saying that without the midfield pair of xavi and iniesta that messi and barca will not perform but I have read an interview when Barca coach admit that Barca dont play to their best when ever Messi is not in that team that they struggle to even win small teams without Messi, which means that Barca need Messi as much as Messi need Barca. Can Barca win Real Madrid five zero without Messi? Can Barca win Arsenal last two seasons four one without Messi? Can Barca win Madrid two zero at the champions league semi final with without Messi? Can Barca win the league and champions league without Messi? The answers is CAPITAL NO and their is no record that say that Ronaldo have win more trophies and awards and even score mores goals that Messi or that he has perform more than Messi on many of their encounters. The only excuse Ronaldo fans used is because he has play for three clubs in his career  but they cant say that Xavi, Giggs Maldini, Scholes John Terry etc are not good players cus they have play for only one club in their career. Please lets rate with facts not with sentiments pleassss.       erform but I have read an interview when Barca coach admit that Barca dont play to their best when ever Messi is not in that team that they struggle to even win small teams without Messi, which means that Barca need Messi as much as Messi need Barca. Can Barca win Real Madrid five zero without Messi? Can Barca win Arsenal last two seasons four one without Messi? Can Barca win Madrid two zero at the champions league semi final with without Messi? Can Barca win the league and champions league without Messi? The answers is CAPITAL NO and their is no record that say that Ronaldo have win more trophies and awards and even score mores goals that Messi or that he has perform more than Messi on many of their encounters. The only excuse Ronaldo fans used is because he has play for three clubs in his career  but they cant say that Xavi, Giggs Maldini, Scholes John Terry etc are not good players cus they have play for only one club in their career. Please lets rate with facts not with sentiments pleassss.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by dabraska: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

I take Messi any time any day cus he is a big match performer always out performing Ronaldo in every encounter between their teams so does rating Ronaldo above Messi I will like u people to asnwer these questions how many trophies or medals have Ronaldo win for his country both at youth level and at this present level. Messi have won the under 20 world cup and olimpic gold medal for Agentina, the fact remains that both of them are flobs at their respective national teams. Then when I hear people saying that without the midfield pair of xavi and iniesta that messi and barca will not perform but I have read an interview when Barca coach admit that Barca dont play to their best when ever Messi is not in that team that they struggle to even win small teams without Messi, which means that Barca need Messi as much as Messi need Barca. Can Barca win Real Madrid five zero without Messi? Can Barca win Arsenal last two seasons four one without Messi? Can Barca win Madrid two zero at the champions league semi final with without Messi? Can Barca win the league and champions league without Messi? The answers is CAPITAL NO and their is no record that say that Ronaldo have win more trophies and awards and even score mores goals that Messi or that he has perform more than Messi on many of their encounters. The only excuse Ronaldo fans used is because he has play for three clubs in his career  but they cant say that Xavi, Giggs Maldini, Scholes John Terry etc are not good players cus they have play for only one club in their career. Please lets rate with facts not with sentiments pleassss.       erform but I have read an interview when Barca coach admit that Barca dont play to their best when ever Messi is not in that team that they struggle to even win small teams without Messi, which means that Barca need Messi as much as Messi need Barca. Can Barca win Real Madrid five zero without Messi? Can Barca win Arsenal last two seasons four one without Messi? Can Barca win Madrid two zero at the champions league semi final with without Messi? Can Barca win the league and champions league without Messi? The answers is CAPITAL NO and their is no record that say that Ronaldo have win more trophies and awards and even score mores goals that Messi or that he has perform more than Messi on many of their encounters. The only excuse Ronaldo fans used is because he has play for three clubs in his career  but they cant say that Xavi, Giggs Maldini, Scholes John Terry etc are not good players cus they have play for only one club in their career. Please lets rate with facts not with sentiments pleassss.      

tell dem ooh grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by emmatok(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2011
What is all this talk about xavi and iniesta.

Were they part of the fantastic four of Henry, Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi ?

People who understands football knows that:

The support Messi is getting is due to the Manager's technical abilities and not the players.

The current Argentine team don't have such Manager.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by 4good(m): 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
Sincerely speaking, Ronaldo has proven to me to be a great player. But Messi, Messi, again Lionel Messi, the Bible says GIVE HONOUR TO WHOM HONOUR IS DUE. Messi remains incomparable to any player (even Ronaldo) at the moment. Country performance, not withstanding. Ronaldo is always nowhere to be found on any pitch where both players play, he(Ronaldo) is always frustrated, confused, a wanderant. That alone is enough. If Ronaldo were still a Man United player in the last season, the score-line would still have been same or worse at the final, who says that real-madrid mid-fielders are not good enough to help Ronaldo shine? Why do they win other matches with so wide margins but become strugglers or better put Rugby players when they are to play Barca. All the fear and respect madrid accord to Barca is simply because of the God-endowed Lionel messi and not Xavi and Iniesta. That does not negate the fact that Ronaldo is a very good player. Also why did Ronaldo not go to a team like Zaragoza, Wilgan, West Brom, etc and perform miracle like his fans claim, or do we rate Adebayor higher than messi or Tevez higher than messi? They have performed very well for at least two clubs also. When a player is good he is good. If messi leaves Barca for Man U today or Real Madrid today He will cancel every record of C Ronaldo. It is a simple game of common sense. However I dont see any miracle Messi or Ronaldo want to perform in teams like Zaragoza, wilgan and the like with their current sets of players which is the problem messi has with his country, Argentina. George Weah also had the same issue. By messi's performance and attitude He is far a better player than C Ronaldo. So as a coach, for my complete Team I will pick messi as I will like my fans  to enjoy the game as a team work, appreciate the science of footballing, learn cool dribbling, how to messmerize any defender, how simple but technical tapping (without struggling), well and properly calculated shots puts the ball behind the net from any angle no matter how many defenders are present  as well as they enjoy the goals. MESSI IS BEST. WHAT ELSE CAN WE SAY. MAY GOD KEEP HIM FIT FOR US ALL. AMEN.

Also
@dademola & other C Ronaldo fans on NL who believe he has performed excellently for two teams:
please advise him (Ronaldo) to go join zaragoza, or Birmingham city and do the same. Half a word is enough for the ___________
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by EAkoteyon: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
I dont know y some people dont like d best cry i dont know y they hate dis mercy guy jst because he's good at what he does; that's y there are sentiments about dis issue.
For me, mercy is d guy that can deliver in difficult situation. I give it to him.

Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by mykhel995: 1:37am On Aug 01, 2011
IMO messi is the best player active today. methinks dademola shld watch a coupla barca matches before he makes unintelligent statements tongue. granted iniesta an xavi are phenomenal, they offer stability alone. the major thing that messi gets from their presence is confidence. he can commit to an attack with the assurance that if anythig goes wrong they will get the ball back. messi is the spark in barca. without him they woul be like any of the other spanish sides. messi also leads barca in assists so,.
ronaldo, on the other hand is also an excellent player. but, he just isnt on the same level as messi. ronaldos greatest asset is his positioning. he is always in the right place, waiting to pounce on any loose ball. his gameplay is to score at all costs. at times, he is unneccessarily flamboyant (i wonder if he thinks this will make him seem better than messi.). to me, the best player at RM last season was ozil. he had an excellent eye for the game. ronaldo just scrambled to score goals. ozil was the quintessential footballer.
as per the question i would probably pick ronaldo, as he offers almost instant gratification with is perpetual savage goal hunting. but, all in all, i think messi is by far the better player. but in football, a game were tacticians are thoughtlessly relegated below unrepentant goal poachers, his genius is not fully appreciated.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by kaze4blues(m): 5:46am On Aug 01, 2011
@ dademola, d cr7 u re yellin doesnt also per4m 4 portugal. Cr7 does nt always shine in big games. Messi is an individual achiever all time nd alwyz shine in big games. Watch 2011 el clasico champ leag, man u vs barca 2011 final
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by udbyron1(m): 6:47am On Aug 01, 2011
this is a big insult in the world of football comparing RONALDO to messi despite he's a lion.C Ronaldo is the perfect one for any team and any position on pitch
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by shilling(f): 7:51am On Aug 01, 2011
This should be a poll.

Ronaldo.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by omaojo1: 8:11am On Aug 01, 2011
C. Ronaldo
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by emmke(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2011
MESSI is a football god. Ronaldo works hard to be gr8
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by emmke(m): 8:35am On Aug 01, 2011
we all know those going for ronaldo are either man u or real madrid fans. Any neutral fan knows MESSI IS THE BEST
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by sayso: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2011
One is Raw talent,another is man made talent.choose
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2011
I have a question to ask CR7 fans can he score the goals that Messi scores against Arsenal (the first goal) and Real Madrid (the second goal) last season
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by richidinho(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
i hate messi, he is dubious

he robbed Sneijder of his hard earned "world best award"
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by lekyar(m): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
Messi (Creator) vs Ronaldo (Opportunist) choose one
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2011
richidinho:

richidinho:

richidinho:

How did he rob Sneijder? Did he have the power to make FIFA to declear him the winner against their wish? Or did he rig the election that make him the world best like Nigeria politicans. The coaches, jounalists and captains of many national teams toke part in the voting process, so why saying Messi rob Sneijder stop talking rubbish in a public forum
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by ddippset(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
damn! just when i thought i was out they pull me right back in. i thought we were done with messi vs ronaldo! i thought we had graduated to messi vs pele and maradona!! common men, forward ever backward never!!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by don401(m): 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2011
Messi is a good barca player dat has nava shine 4 barca wit xavi on d bench. He is short cnt hit a free kick or corner kick and has proven dat he cnt play 4 any oda team execpt barca. Ronaldo and portugal were very unfortunate nt 2 have won trophies. Evry one knw hw ronaldo hv played 4 portugal during his youth (20-23yrs) nd wat he can do wit d ball. He got speed,dribble,nice headin,good cornner kick. Jst knw wen eva u hear d name ronaldo dat means a complete player which messi isnt. Messi is jst lucky (he shud test Epl tackles)
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by ddippset(m): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
don401:

Messi is a good barca player dat has nava shine 4 barca wit xavi on d bench. He is short cnt hit a free kick or corner kick and has proven dat he cnt play 4 any oda team execpt barca. Ronaldo and portugal were very unfortunate nt 2 have won trophies. Evry one knw hw ronaldo hv played 4 portugal during his youth (20-23yrs) nd wat he can do wit d ball. He got speed,dribble,nice headin,good cornner kick. Jst knw wen eva u hear d name ronaldo dat means a complete player which messi isnt. Messi is jst lucky (he shud test Epl tackles)
LMAO! LMAO!! LMAO!!! this man must be speaking in irony, i mean in opposite. he must be reasoning upside down and inside out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shooting Stars Back In NPFL As They Beat Ekiti United 6 - 0 / Poland Vs Nigeria- Drop Your Predictions / Rasheedat Ajibade Named Atletico Madrid Women’s Player Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.