Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,246 members, 7,939,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:21 PM

Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? (9472 Views)

FIFA Refuses To Back Messi Or Chitalu For Goal Record / Who Will Win The Ballon D'or Tonight? (messi, Xavi Or Ronaldo?) / France(1) Vs Brazil(0): World Cup. Zidane Or Ronaldo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by sweetguy10(m): 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2011
don401:

Messi is a good barca player dat has nava shine 4 barca wit xavi on d bench. He is short cnt hit a free kick or corner kick and has proven dat he cnt play 4 any oda team execpt barca. Ronaldo and portugal were very unfortunate nt 2 have won trophies. Evry one knw hw ronaldo hv played 4 portugal during his youth (20-23yrs) nd wat he can do wit d ball. He got speed,dribble,nice headin,good cornner kick. Jst knw wen eva u hear d name ronaldo dat means a complete player which messi isnt. Messi is jst lucky (he shud test Epl tackles)

Na today ? confused soul
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by annyplenty(m): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
Messi is the best currently, no doubt. But without Messi, the spanish team made up of the bulk of barcelona team still won the world cup for the first time. if they had met argentina team that paraded messi, they were more likely to beat that argentina team that were made to look ordinary and confused by the german national team that wiped them 4 nil. The barcelona team enhance Messi' performance unlike some others like Diego Forlan that enhance the performance of their team. So, I will go for CR9.

In my own opinion, it is until I see Messi perform in national team or other Club that I will rank him alongside football greats like Pele, Maradonna, Zidane.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by sweetguy10(m): 5:46am On Aug 02, 2011
annyplenty:

Messi is the best currently, no doubt. But without Messi, the spanish team made up of the bulk of barcelona team still won the world cup for the first time. if they had met argentina team that paraded messi, they were more likely to beat that argentina team that were made to look ordinary and confused by the german national team that wiped them 4 nil. The barcelona team enhance Messi' performance unlike some others like Diego Forlan that enhance the performance of their team. So, I will go for CR9.

In my own opinion, it is until I see Messi perform in national team or other Club that I will rank him alongside football greats like Pele, Maradonna, Zidane.

As if your ranking matters to him ,he never even know that you exist
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by ddippset(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2011
messi might not be the greatest ever, but for any player to be compared with pele and maradona, i needn't say more on how good that player is.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 02, 2011
u guys should understand one thing when it comes to players and teams
teams differ. and their strategy or philosophy or anything you want to call it is different.

A player does well not just because of his character but the TEAM'S AVERAGE CHARACTER.

what i mean is this

its always 11 vs 11 not 1 vs 11

it takes everybody's collective play for the team to shine.
its been said that the heart of a team is in the MIDFIELD.

you dont need to be a star to win. just do your job.
thats why Uruguay and other teams will win matches without having great names on their squad
and i know you won't say its luck.
everybody does their job. from defence to attack.

dont arsenal have fabregas? have they won the league?

real madrid has good, great players and so does barca.
if you watch them play its not messi or ronaldo that plays the defence or midfield.
PUYOL and co will do their job
XAVI and co will do their job
then messi and co will finish up.
same for real madrid.

when barca or real madrid play different teams, they will ouclass the opponent
but when they meet. barca outshines them. its not messi's hand doing but a collective team effort.

none of them plays well for their country.
argentina and portugal suffers even with these players in their squad. so will nigeria.
they(argentina, portugal) should fix their teams and these guys will have country honours to show.

IF YOU GUYS DONT LIKE THIS. BECOME A PLAYER
THEN SIGN UP FOR ARGENTINA OR PORTUGAL
LETS SEE IF YOU WOULD WIN THE WORLD CUP. OR EURO OR COPA AMERICA.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Jarus(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
emmke:

we all know those going for ronaldo are either man u or real madrid fans. Any neutral fan knows MESSI IS THE BEST
I thought I was the one that observed this. Or some people who believe watching EPL on DSTV is where football ends.

don401:

Messi is a good barca player dat has nava shine 4 barca wit xavi on d bench. He is short cnt hit a free kick or corner kick and has proven dat he cnt play 4 any oda team execpt barca. Ronaldo and portugal were very unfortunate nt 2 have won trophies. Evry one knw hw ronaldo hv played 4 portugal during his youth (20-23yrs) nd wat he can do wit d ball. He got speed,dribble,nice headin,good cornner kick. Jst knw wen eva u hear d name ronaldo dat means a complete player which messi isnt. Messi is jst lucky (he shud test Epl tackles)

Now, the debate is getting ridiculous.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2011
I asked two questions which CR7 fans dont want to answer me. I dont have anything to say again cus I am arguing with people that have childish mentality and who always argue with sentiments not facts.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by scantee(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2011
Messi all the way
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2011
annyplenty:

u're mouthed, joor!!! pls help me drum it into their deaf ears!!! i dnt knw y some pple cld b so sentimental wen reasoning!! d boy is gud, no doubt, BT WEN PLAYING WITH WHOM AND WHOM? ofcourse, messi @ his best, is betta dan ronaldo@ his best, bt messi has shown dt he can only be @ his best when xavi and iniesta are present!!! why is it so hard for some people to accept dis, even wen dey hav no proof to counter dis fact?? ronaldo has shown dat he can be @ his best for two different teams and wit two different sets of players. some say ts d fault of d argentine coach, did ronaldo say dat about manuel pellegrini( who obviously isnt d best of coaches) wen he was bangin in goals in his debut season@ madrid?? some even say ts d fault of d argentine players!!!! i take dat to mean d argie plyrs arent good enof!!! ridiculously foolish, if u ask me!!!some even say tactics!!! i also take dat to mean sir alex ferguson's tactics are d same as pellegrini or mourihno's tactics, or dat athletico madrid"s tactics are similar to uruguay's tactics!!!! mabe ya'll shld read d topic again and again, because i fink there's misconception on most minds!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

I have a question to ask CR7 fans can he score the goals that Messi scores against Arsenal (the first goal) and Real Madrid (the second goal) last season
can messi score d such a goal wen playin for anoda team??
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 05, 2011
kaze4blues:

@ dademola, d cr7 u re yellin doesnt also per4m 4 portugal. Cr7 does nt always shine in big games. Messi is an individual achiever all time nd alwyz shine in big games. Watch 2011 el clasico champ leag, man u vs barca 2011 final
i agree dat ronaldo doesnt perform too well for portugal,bt he has bin tried and tested @ 2 different clubs wit 2 different sets of players and wit different coaches wit different mentalities. dis atrributes definitely gives him d edge in d above thread. read d topic again, brova!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2011
mykhel995:

IMO messi is the best player active today. methinks dademola shld watch a coupla barca matches before he makes unintelligent statements tongue. granted iniesta an xavi are phenomenal, they offer stability alone. the major thing that messi gets from their presence is confidence. he can commit to an attack with the assurance that if anythig goes wrong they will get the ball back. messi is the spark in barca. without him they woul be like any of the other spanish sides. messi also leads barca in assists so,.
ronaldo, on the other hand is also an excellent player. but, he just isnt on the same level as messi. ronaldos greatest asset is his positioning. he is always in the right place, waiting to pounce on any loose ball. his gameplay is to score at all costs. at times, he is unneccessarily flamboyant (i wonder if he thinks this will make him seem better than messi.). to me, the best player at RM last season was ozil. he had an excellent eye for the game. ronaldo just scrambled to score goals. ozil was the quintessential footballer.
as per the question i would probably pick ronaldo, as he offers almost instant gratification with is perpetual savage goal hunting. but, all in all, i think messi is by far the better player. but in football, a game were tacticians are thoughtlessly relegated below unrepentant goal poachers, his genius is not fully appreciated.
chei!!!! ur sense of reasoning is obviously being clouded by d lionel messi frenzy!!! d fact dt u're also suffering from selective amnesia is anoda topic for anoda day!!! jst like someone rightly pointed out, did spain win d worldcup with messi?? isnt it virtually d same set of barca players dt won d worldcup for spain?? isnt it d same silky, smooth, free-flowing game barca and spain play?? do d math urself, huh!!! we aint talkin about assists hia. we are talking about messi being suited to a particular style of play, PERIOD!! and any attempt to change dat style of play, he's in trouble,PERIOD!! open ur eyes wide and watch football!!! IT IS MEANT TO BE WATCHED AND NOT TO BE 'LISTENED' TO, HUH??
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 05, 2011
4good:

Sincerely speaking, Ronaldo has proven to me to be a great player. But Messi, Messi, again Lionel Messi, the Bible says GIVE HONOUR TO WHOM HONOUR IS DUE. Messi remains incomparable to any player (even Ronaldo) at the moment. Country performance, not withstanding. Ronaldo is always nowhere to be found on any pitch where both players play, he(Ronaldo) is always frustrated, confused, a wanderant. That alone is enough. If Ronaldo were still a Man United player in the last season, the score-line would still have been same or worse at the final, who says that real-madrid mid-fielders are not good enough to help Ronaldo shine? Why do they win other matches with so wide margins but become strugglers or better put Rugby players when they are to play Barca. All the fear and respect madrid accord to Barca is simply because of the God-endowed Lionel messi and not Xavi and Iniesta. That does not negate the fact that Ronaldo is a very good player. Also why did Ronaldo not go to a team like Zaragoza, Wilgan, West Brom, etc and perform miracle like his fans claim, or do we rate Adebayor higher than messi or Tevez higher than messi? They have performed very well for at least two clubs also. When a player is good he is good. If messi leaves Barca for Man U today or Real Madrid today He will cancel every record of C Ronaldo. It is a simple game of common sense. However I dont see any miracle Messi or Ronaldo want to perform in teams like Zaragoza, wilgan and the like with their current sets of players which is the problem messi has with his country, Argentina. George Weah also had the same issue. By messi's performance and attitude He is far a better player than C Ronaldo. So as a coach, for my complete Team I will pick messi as I will like my fans  to enjoy the game as a team work, appreciate the science of footballing, learn cool dribbling, how to messmerize any defender, how simple but technical tapping (without struggling), well and properly calculated shots puts the ball behind the net from any angle no matter how many defenders are present  as well as they enjoy the goals. MESSI IS BEST. WHAT ELSE CAN WE SAY. MAY GOD KEEP HIM FIT FOR US ALL. AMEN.

Also
@dademola & other C Ronaldo fans on NL who believe he has performed excellently for two teams:
please advise him (Ronaldo) to go join zaragoza, or Birmingham city and do the same. Half a word is enough for the ___________
4good:

Sincerely speaking, Ronaldo has proven to me to be a great player. But Messi, Messi, again Lionel Messi, the Bible says GIVE HONOUR TO WHOM HONOUR IS DUE. Messi remains incomparable to any player (even Ronaldo) at the moment. Country performance, not withstanding. Ronaldo is always nowhere to be found on any pitch where both players play, he(Ronaldo) is always frustrated, confused, a wanderant. That alone is enough. If Ronaldo were still a Man United player in the last season, the score-line would still have been same or worse at the final, who says that real-madrid mid-fielders are not good enough to help Ronaldo shine? Why do they win other matches with so wide margins but become strugglers or better put Rugby players when they are to play Barca. All the fear and respect madrid accord to Barca is simply because of the God-endowed Lionel messi and not Xavi and Iniesta. That does not negate the fact that Ronaldo is a very good player. Also why did Ronaldo not go to a team like Zaragoza, Wilgan, West Brom, etc and perform miracle like his fans claim, or do we rate Adebayor higher than messi or Tevez higher than messi? They have performed very well for at least two clubs also. When a player is good he is good. If messi leaves Barca for Man U today or Real Madrid today He will cancel every record of C Ronaldo. It is a simple game of common sense. However I dont see any miracle Messi or Ronaldo want to perform in teams like Zaragoza, wilgan and the like with their current sets of players which is the problem messi has with his country, Argentina. George Weah also had the same issue. By messi's performance and attitude He is far a better player than C Ronaldo. So as a coach, for my complete Team I will pick messi as I will like my fans  to enjoy the game as a team work, appreciate the science of footballing, learn cool dribbling, how to messmerize any defender, how simple but technical tapping (without struggling), well and properly calculated shots puts the ball behind the net from any angle no matter how many defenders are present  as well as they enjoy the goals. MESSI IS BEST. WHAT ELSE CAN WE SAY. MAY GOD KEEP HIM FIT FOR US ALL. AMEN.

Also
@dademola & other C Ronaldo fans on NL who believe he has performed excellently for two teams:
please advise him (Ronaldo) to go join zaragoza, or Birmingham city and do the same. Half a word is enough for the ___________
so from wot u're saying, argentina is in d same class wit em zaragoza, wigan?? i dnt even knw wot to say wen some twerps come up wit some ridiculous statements. u jst messed up ma day, honestly!!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by 4good(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
so from wot u're saying, argentina is in d same class wit em zaragoza, wigan?? i dnt even knw wot to say wen some twerps come up wit some ridiculous statements. u jst messed up ma day, honestly!!!

All I'm saying is any good player will deliver in any good club that comprises best legs like Manchester U, Barcelona, Real Madrid. There is no incomplete player in their first -11. I still maintain that you advise CR7 to try Zaragoza, Birmingham city and the like to prove us wrong. Messi would have done same or better if he were a Real Madrid or Man U player. A TREE DOES NOT MAKE A FOREST.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2011
4good:

All I'm saying is any good player will deliver in any good club that comprises best legs like Manchester U, Barcelona, Real Madrid. There is no incomplete player in their first -11. I still maintain that you advise CR7 to try Zaragoza, Birmingham city and the like to prove us wrong. Messi would have done same or better if he were a Real Madrid or Man U player. A TREE DOES NOT MAKE A FOREST.
gud club or gud team?? isnt argentina good enof?? wich incomplete player is in dia team?? dis one wey messi no fit perform for argie, can messi ever dream of playing well in even a fairly decent club like say tottenham hotspurs?? do u even fink messi can survive d rigours of d premier league?? u shdnt hav talked about clubs like zaragoza, bro. since u agree a tree doesnt mk a forest, isnt it retarded and stupid for anybody to say messi is a god? has ronaldo ever been classified as a god??
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by 4good(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2011
gud club or gud team?? isnt argentina good enof?? wich incomplete player is in dia team?? dis one wey messi no fit perform for argie, can messi ever dream of playing well in even a fairly decent club like say tottenham hotspurs?? do u even fink messi can survive d rigours of d premier league??  u shdnt hav talked about clubs like zaragoza, bro. since u agree a tree doesnt mk a forest, isnt it slow and silly for anybody to say messi is a god?Huh has ronaldo ever been classified as a god??

Ok. If we say Argentina squad has no incomplete player, how complete then are they when placed side by side with the like of Barcelona, Man U and Real Madrid teams with their coaches and management and policies. It is just that Mercy has refused to move away from Barca. The main difference between Man U and Barca at the last CH-League final was Messi and we all know that. Move Messi to Man U side and can you Imagine the kind of pressure Barca defence will have to cope with? + Barcelona will have to play more of defensive game to cope. Do the same for Madrid and Madrid will never have to defend against Barca.  Messi as god is Literary. Telling you that no one can really compare to him at the moment. Has he not been likened to or compared with Pele and Maradona? What are we saying? Profesor Wenger even said and I quote: "Messi is the best by a distance" or Do you understand football more than Wenger and others? Come-on, drop ur hypocrisy accept the truth now. MESSI IS THE BEST. AND I KNOW YOU KNOW.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
4good:

Ok. If we say Argentina squad has no incomplete player, how complete then are they when placed side by side with the like of Barcelona, Man U and Real Madrid teams with their coaches and management and policies. It is just that Mercy has refused to move away from Barca. The main difference between Man U and Barca at the last CH-League final was Messi and we all know that. Move Messi to Man U side and can you Imagine the kind of pressure Barca defence will have to cope with? + Barcelona will have to play more of defensive game to cope. Do the same for Madrid and Madrid will never have to defend against Barca.  Messi as god is Literary. Telling you that no one can really compare to him at the moment. Has he not been likened to or compared with Pele and Maradona? What are we saying? Profesor Wenger even said and I quote: "Messi is the best by a distance" or Do you understand football more than Wenger and others? Come-on, drop your hypocrisy accept the truth now. MESSI IS THE BEST. AND I KNOW YOU KNOW.
isolating ronaldo and messi frm dia respective country and club, are u tellin me d argentine squad aint talented enof Hv u forgoten d pastores, d cambiasso's, d zanetti's, d tevezes, d agueros, d d'marias, d higuains, d milito brodas etc?? Hw can u even compare madrid to a country like argentina Ts jst like saying man utd has betta plyrs dan brazil!!!so because ryan giggs was d difference btwn chelsea and united in d C.L last season,over two legs ooo, does dt mk him a god(i'm a staunch united fan);!!!! HELL NO!! A football god, to me, is someone who can SINGLE-HANDEDLY( pls tk note of d words in capital letters) lead his team to success, baring technical and tactical deficiencies, wotsoever, in ANY SCENARIO HE FINDS himself!! Such a god is also expected to adjust to any change in formation, coach, personel, e.t.c!! Messi is d best player on d planet, WEN HE HAS XAVI AND INIESTA IN HIS TEAM!!! Y do u hav a problem wit dos two names, wen u knw ts so obviousadrid will never have to defend against Barca.  Messi as god is Literary. Telling you that no one can really compare to him at the moment. Has he not been likened to or compared with Pele and Maradona? What are we saying? Profesor Wenger even said and I quote: "Messi is the best by a distance" or Do you understand football more than Wenger and others? Come-on, drop your hypocrisy accept the truth now. MESSI IS THE BEST. AND I KNOW YOU KNOW.[/b]
[quote][/quote]isolating ronaldo and messi frm dia respective country and club, are u tellin me d argentine squad aint talented enof Hv u forgoten d pastores, d cambiasso's, d zanetti's, d tevezes, d agueros, d d'marias, d higuains, d milito brodas etc?? Hw can u even compare madrid to a country like argentina Ts jst like saying man utd has betta plyrs dan brazil!!!so because ryan giggs was d difference btwn chelsea and united in d C.L last season,over two legs ooo, does dt mk him a god(i'm a staunch united fan);!!!! HELL NO!! A football god, to me, is someone who can SINGLE-HANDEDLY( pls tk note of d words in capital letters) lead his team to success, baring technical and tactical deficiencies, wotsoever, in ANY SCENARIO HE FINDS himself!! Such a god is also expected to adjust to any change in formation, coach, personel, e.t.c!! Messi is d best player on d planet, WEN HE HAS XAVI AND INIESTA IN HIS TEAM!!! Y do u hav a problem wit dos two names, wen u knw ts so obvious
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by 4good(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2011
isolating ronaldo and messi frm dia respective country and club, are u tellin me d argentine squad aint talented enof Hv u forgoten d pastores, d cambiasso's, d zanetti's, d tevezes, d agueros, d d'marias, d higuains, d milito brodas etc?? Hw can u even compare madrid to a country like argentina Ts jst like saying man utd has betta plyrs dan brazil!!!so because ryan giggs was d difference btwn chelsea and united in d C.L last season,over two legs ooo, does dt mk him a god(i'm a staunch united fan);!!!! HELL NO!! A football god, to me, is someone who can SINGLE-HANDEDLY( pls tk note of d words in capital letters) lead his team to success, baring technical and tactical deficiencies, wotsoever, in ANY SCENARIO HE FINDS himself!! Such a god is also expected to adjust to any change in formation, coach, personel, e.t.c!!

Please, try and be consistent, not biased, Highly objective.

Please read through the statement you misquoted again

how complete then are they when placed side by side with the like of Barcelona, Man U and Real Madrid teams with their coaches and management and policies.

Why did you do that?
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 11, 2011
4good:

Please, try and be consistent, not biased, Highly objective.

Please read through the statement you misquoted again

Why did you do that?

hehehehehehehhehehe( ma tummy don burst ooo). I'm so sorry!! I didnt catch dat!! So, frm wot u're saying, messi has failed to perform for argie due to differnces in management and policies!!! OBVIOUSLY,DIS ARGUEMENT IS OVER!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by 4good(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2011
hehehehehehehhehehe( ma tummy don burst ooo). I'm so sorry!! I didnt catch dat!! So, frm wot u're saying, messi has failed to perform for argie due to differnces in management and policies!!! OBVIOUSLY,DIS ARGUEMENT IS OVER!!

Nawa oO.What exactly is messi's offence against you? You have just made up your mind in this argument. Infact, I am fed up arguing with you. However, watchout this new season and get ready for a footballing display like never before from the master of the pitch - LIONEL MESSI. Whether you like him or not I see you clapping for him, nodding your head in appreciation as you wonder what uncommon kind of footballer is he.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
4good:

Nawa oO.What exactly is messi's offence against you? You have just made up your mind in this argument. Infact, I am fed up arguing with you. However, watchout this new season and get ready for a footballing display like never before from the master of the pitch - LIONEL MESSI. Whether you like him or not I see you clapping for him, nodding your head in appreciation as you wonder what uncommon kind of footballer is he.
hehehehhehehehehehehehehehehe!!! Honestly, ts u guys dt are causin it. Messi is one of d best plyrs dt hav ever played d game, WEN XAVI AND INIESTA ARE IN HIS TEAM!!!! Y do guys hav a prob wit d words in capital letters, wen ts d obvious truth
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by babyboy3(m): 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2011

The last time i checked Portugal nearly missed out on not qualifying for WC 2010, he (CR 7) was woeful during EURO 2008 I believe CR 7 was the star man,
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2011
baby-boy:

The last time i checked Portugal nearly missed out on not qualifying for WC 2010, he (CR 7) was woeful during EURO 2008 I believe CR 7 was the star man,
and u seem to hav forgotten about d argie team dt had to wait until d last qualifying match to ascertain dia plc @ d worldcup(dey had d current ballon D'or who performed woefully thruout d qualifiers and he even played 90mins in d 6-1 bashing by bolivia oo). Try and address d issue of spain national team, bro!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by babyboy3(m): 1:46am On Aug 14, 2011
and u seem to hav forgotten about d argie team dt had to wait until d last qualifying match to ascertain dia plc @ d worldcup(dey had d current ballon D'or who performed woefully thruout d qualifiers and he even played 90mins in d 6-1 bashing by bolivia oo). Try and address d issue of spain national team, bro!!

What do you expect when they had a loose canon as a manager who put personal issues ahead of sense, because Maradona was an ex Boca Junior player he dropped most the ex River plate players then he dropped Riquelme and brought back Veron, he dropped the most inform striker in Europe Milito and brought in Martin Palemo? he dropped Inter Milan Captain for who Guettierrez?? he dropped Tevez and Higuine for his son in-Law Aguero Kunn, am sorry it was a disaster from day one, lets talk about Bolivia that beat Argentina, Bolivia play their home games at Estadio Hernando Siles, which has an altitude of 3637 metres above sea level, making it one of the highest football stadiums in the world. Many visiting teams protest that the altitude gives Bolivia an unfair advantage against opponents. Teams have suffered heavy defeat when visiting Bolivia including Brazil, both Bolivia and Ecuador play in a high altitude region which gives them an advantage over their opponents that's why FIFA wanted to ban them.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2011
baby-boy:

What do you expect when they had a loose canon as a manager who put personal issues ahead of sense, because Maradona was an ex Boca Junior player he dropped most the ex River plate players then he dropped Riquelme and brought back Veron, he dropped the most inform striker in Europe Milito and brought in Martin Palemo? he dropped Inter Milan Captain for who Guettierrez?? he dropped Tevez and Higuine for his son in-Law Aguero Kunn, am sorry it was a disaster from day one, lets talk about Bolivia that beat Argentina, Bolivia play their home games at Estadio Hernando Siles, which has an altitude of 3637 metres above sea level, making it one of the highest football stadiums in the world. Many visiting teams protest that the altitude gives Bolivia an unfair advantage against opponents. Teams have suffered heavy defeat when visiting Bolivia including Brazil, both Bolivia and Ecuador play in a high altitude region which gives them an advantage over their opponents that's why FIFA wanted to ban them.
cheap excuses, bro!! Very cheap excuses!! Even messi himself wnt put foward such excuses!! Are u telling me d bolivian team were unbeaten@ home throughout d qualifiers?? Acknowledging maradona's tactical deficiencies though, has there ever being a time wen d argie team has been classified as 'WEAK'?? Lets even forget maradonna, has messi ever re-enacted his club form for his country??al issues ahead of sense, because Maradona was an ex Boca Junior player he dropped most the ex River plate players then he dropped Riquelme and brought back Veron, he dropped the most inform striker in Europe Milito and brought in Martin Palemo? he dropped Inter Milan Captain for who Guettierrez?? he dropped Tevez and Higuine for his son in-Law Aguero Kunn, am sorry it was a disaster from day one, lets talk about Bolivia that beat Argentina, Bolivia play their home games at Estadio Hernando Siles, which has an altitude of 3637 metres above sea level, making it one of the highest football stadiums in the world. Many visiting teams protest that the altitude gives Bolivia an unfair advantage against opponents. Teams have suffered heavy defeat when visiting Bolivia including Brazil, both Bolivia and Ecuador play in a high altitude region which gives them an advantage over their opponents that's why FIFA wanted to ban them.
[quote][/quote]cheap excuses, bro!! Very cheap excuses!! Even messi himself wnt put foward such excuses!! Are u telling me d bolivian team were unbeaten@ home throughout d qualifiers?? Acknowledging maradona's tactical deficiencies though, has there ever being a time wen d argie team has been classified as 'WEAK'?? Lets even forget maradonna, has messi ever re-enacted his club form for his country??
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by dabraska: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2011
grin grin grin grin watch what d legendary Lionel MEssi will pull out 2day!! Fabregas has been added so its nt only Xavi nd Iniesta again! Haterz!! so yu guys can talk alot more. Jst imagine if u were being paid 4 all d tym ur wasting, criticizing d best player on d planet!! grin grin grin grin wen its of no use. Ronaldo sef knows who d boss is. jst watch quality futball dis nyt! i rest my case!! grin grin grin
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by babyboy3(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2011
cheap excuses, bro!! Very cheap excuses!! Even messi himself wnt put foward such excuses!! Are u telling me d bolivian team were unbeaten@ home throughout d qualifiers?? Acknowledging maradona's tactical deficiencies though, has there ever being a time wen d argie team has been classified as 'WEAK'?? Lets even forget maradonna, has messi ever re-enacted his club form for his country??

you just showed your level of ignorance,

Quick question

How did Nigeria perform away against Mozambique 2 years ago (an high altitude region)
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by medjai(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2011
Ronaldo has proven himself anywhere he has played, oh yes, but in big team with great players like Manchester United (and MU is still winning without him) and now in another big team with great players like Real Madrid.

Stars like Ibra and Villa arrived and played with Xavi and Iniesta, and both have been outclassed by Messi.

Its funny how Ronaldo fans believe that he has always played in worthless teams and with worthless players.
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by dabraska: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2011
hehehehehehe!!!! from wat i can gather 4rm dis dademola's ranting, he claims dat messi is an ordinary player except xavi nd iniesta r in d team, y r all oda players in barca nt performing at messi's lvl, or is he d only 1 in barca?? very foolish opinion 4rm a very dull perspective!! or ibrahimovic dat performd wif average players d season b4 nd played alongsyd XAVI AND INIESTA, y ddnt he perform nd y was he sold?? mscheww!
U know nuffn about futball, all u do is sit by d tv nd support ur team wifout gettin 2 undastand hw futball is played. well, its common to Man utd fans anyway!
hv u eva askd urself y Man utd keeps enterin d finals in d champs league wif or wifout ronaldo?? u see hw biased u r?
the point is, REAL MADRID AND MAN UTD R BOTH BIG TEAMS!! in every aspect! financially, real madrid is d richest, Man utd is d third richest,
talkn of success, real madrid is d most successful team in d world followed by Man utd.

so 4 any1 2 use dese 2 teams as an example 4 a players success is totally shallow in his thinkin about futball. y ddnt he go to Tottenham nd win d EPL trophy? den u can n say he is beta but as at nw, dey ave both been in big clubs nd Messi is his boss and he has out-classed him totally! shikena!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2011
dabraska:

hehehehehehe!!!! from wat i can gather 4rm dis dademola's ranting, he claims dat messi is an ordinary player except xavi nd iniesta r in d team, y r all oda players in barca nt performing at messi's lvl, or is he d only 1 in barca?? very foolish opinion 4rm a very dull perspective!! or ibrahimovic dat performd wif average players d season b4 nd played alongsyd XAVI AND INIESTA, y ddnt he perform nd y was he sold?? mscheww!
U know nuffn about futball, all u do is sit by d tv nd support your team wifout gettin 2 undastand hw futball is played. well, its common to Man utd fans anyway!
hv u eva askd urself y Man utd keeps enterin d finals in d champs league wif or wifout ronaldo?? u see hw biased u r?
the point is, REAL MADRID AND MAN UTD R BOTH BIG TEAMS!! in every aspect! financially, real madrid is d richest, Man utd is d third richest,
talkn of success, real madrid is d most successful team in d world followed by Man utd.

so 4 any1 2 use dese 2 teams as an example 4 a players success is totally shallow in his thinkin about futball. y ddnt he go to Tottenham nd win d EPL trophy? den u can n say he is beta but as at nw, dey ave both been in big clubs nd Messi is his boss and he has out-classed him totally! shikena!!
mumu,who sed messi is an average plyr witout xavi and iniesta?? If u hav a problem wit deciphering simple explainations, i'd suggest u go bak to nusery schl and start frm d scratch, instead of reading tins upside down and making foolish, twerpy statements on public forums!! I sed someone can only b@ his best, wen he has 2 certain plyrs in his team, hw on earth does dt mean if d 2 plyrs aint dia, d plyr is a bad plyr?? Na people like u go dey complain say una dey read bt una no dey pass for skl!! Y?? Because to undatsnd d note, na die!!! Has dia eva bin an instance wia i sed messi is nt a good plyr, or dt ronaldo is a betta plyr??i sed dt since ronaldo has bin tried and tested wit 2 differnt teams, and messi has only played exceptionally wel for only one team,in d above thread, it wld b logical to pick ronaldo. READ TO COMPREHEND,DUDE!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2011
medjai:

Ronaldo has proven himself anywhere he has played, oh yes, but in big team with great players like Manchester United (and MU is still winning without him) and now in another big team with great players like Real Madrid.

Stars like Ibra and Villa arrived and played with Xavi and Iniesta, and both have been outclassed by Messi.

Its funny how Ronaldo fans believe that he has always played in worthless teams and with worthless players.
u hav a point bro, bt d million dollar question is dt: isnt d argie team gud enof I wld alws admit d obvious: messi @ his best is way above ronaldo @ his best bt we're talkin about adaptability hia!! U shld also rememba dt d rigors and demands of d EPL cant b compared to dt of LALIGA: ronaldo himself has alws sed d LALIGA's style is more attractive and he prefers it. Didnt pele himself advise neymar nt to go d EPL bt LALIGA?? Hw i wish messi shld sign for mancity!!ALIGA?? Hw i wish messi shld sign for mancity!!
Re: Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2011
baby-boy:

you just showed your level of ignorance,

Quick question

How did Nigeria perform away against Mozambique 2 years ago (an high altitude region)
ma second question for u is: is it dt bolivia and mozambique r both unbeaten @ home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poland Vs Nigeria- Drop Your Predictions / Rasheedat Ajibade Named Atletico Madrid Women’s Player Of The Season / SURE Picks(for High Stakers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.