Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,716 members, 7,918,209 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:57 AM

ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? (19440 Views)

Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks / ASUU STRIKE: What Have You Achieved So Far? / ASUU Strike: What Is the update in your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by meobizy(f): 8:39am On May 05, 2022
Three year strike sure. Let children like datboredberry spend seven years in university. I hope his acceptance won’t become outdated after the strike, he just gain admission recently.
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Kajaard: 8:39am On May 05, 2022
To hell with ASUU. A useless union that does not care about the plight of students.

They have been going on strike even before I got into the university and they still are to this day. I graduated 12 years ago and nothing has changed.

Making students turn to nonentities at home.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Mindlog: 8:39am On May 05, 2022
And the ruling party is busy cashing out selling nomination forms.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Uruan2023: 8:41am On May 05, 2022
Get your PVCs while waiting for ASUU, please.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Jahlivesforever: 8:41am On May 05, 2022
let them end this assu strike please
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Nobody: 8:42am On May 05, 2022
Mindlog:
And the ruling party is busy cashing out selling nomination forms.

The money APC makes from selling form cannot meet ASUU demands even if Bubu wills it.

ASUU needs trillions of naira for university funding. APC at best would not raise up to a trillion from sale of forms

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by sammy329(m): 8:43am On May 05, 2022
Spontaneous007:
300 level for sale. With cgpa of 1.84

Negotiable price
grin grin Which school and course??
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Amerengues2: 8:45am On May 05, 2022
Oga
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by rignolesto: 8:45am On May 05, 2022
Assu
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by emettang: 8:47am On May 05, 2022
Gov Pls do something
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Day169: 8:48am On May 05, 2022
VTJN:
Aluta continua
Victoria (not) ascerta! angry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Mindlog: 8:49am On May 05, 2022
subsidywise18:

The money APC makes from selling form cannot meet ASUU demands even if Bubu wills it.

ASUU needs trillions of naira for university funding. APC at best would not raise up to a trillion from sale of forms

My focus is on APC being more interested in selling their forms with no concern for the crippled public university education.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by ubest007(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2022
This our naija sef don dey turn joke.... Dem dey steal money to contest for the post to steal more.. Na money dem dey use buy money.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by SmartPolician: 8:50am On May 05, 2022
If I understand the situation, I think ASUU officials are being stupid and every serious university should leave the union. Why should an employer dictate to his boss the platform they want to be paid? How can an employer tell you to open a salary account at GTBank and you say you he must pay you through First Bank? That platform issue makes no sense.

Besides, why do university teachers want to keep working in several universities at the detriment of their students? Some don't even show up for lectures because they are busy with other businesses and they are asking for bogus pay packages. All this happens in Nigeria because anything goes here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Boyooosa(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2022
Nans said they will show APC/fg/PDP pepper in eagle square, I wish that happens.

They should not settle, ASUU should continue the strike, nans should take to street.

One way or the other, the leaders ought to know that the situation of the country is no more palatable to the citizens...they need to see the situation in a larger picture not ASUU strike abeg!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Akemim(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2022
Now that ASUU is on strike, use this opportunity to get your PVC and be ready to vote come next year.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Nobody: 8:53am On May 05, 2022
Mindlog:

My focus is on APC being more interested in selling their forms with no concern for the crippled public university education.

Both the government and ASUU know what to do.

But since it involves ' raising fees'.
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by BadGenius(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2022
300l for sale

CGPA of 4.27
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Abbeyrabbit43: 8:53am On May 05, 2022
dopedan:

I have plans bro but this strike has delayed my final clearance

Unilorin right??
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Highways: 8:54am On May 05, 2022
They will close Nigerian schools or sell it to the Chinese..
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Obyino: 8:54am On May 05, 2022
Make them no call this strike off for now

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by AfahaAbia(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2022
Spontaneous007:

Negotiable price

How much?
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by akanbiaa(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2022
princeemmma:
What do you think will happen if ASU demand are not met by May 15.

Will ASUU continue with the strike if their demands are not met by the end of the extended strike period.

Will they continue with the strike? Do you feel ASUU is wrong by going on strike and even extending the strike?
Everything have been politicised and only the students are on the loosing end at the long run, they have been deprived of quality afforfable education and not empowered with marketable skills that they can rely on to make ends meet and built fimacial stability. But the lecturers will still be paid if not now then towards eve of election of when another government takes over while the politicians in power had nothing at stake for their children study either abroad, private universities or state universities that don't go on strike like wise children of senior lecturers.
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by stamapro(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2022
I pray the are met
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Udoboss(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2022
Kyase:

Yes ASUU is wrong and obviously the strike will continue indefinitely.....
But this time Na dem to tire, schools are backing out already, so they can't sustain it....

Which federal school??
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by SmartPolician: 8:58am On May 05, 2022
Boyooosa:

Nans said they will show APC/fg/PDP pepper in eagle square, I wish that happens.

They should not settle, ASUU should continue the strike, nans should take to street.

One way or the other, the leaders ought to know that the situation of the country is no more palatable to the citizens...they need to see the situation in a larger picture not ASUU strike abeg!

Who be NANS? It seems you people learned nothing from Lekki tollgate killings.

Every serious university should leave ASUU. Those university teachers are using unionism to cripple public universities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Udoboss(m): 8:58am On May 05, 2022
SmartPolician:
If I understand the situation, I think ASUU officials are being stupid and every serious university should leave the union. Why should an employer dictate to his boss the platform they want to be paid? How can an employer tell you to open a salary account at GTBank and you say you he must pay you through First Bank? That platform issue makes no sense.

Besides, why do university teachers want to keep working in several universities at the detriment of their students? Some don't even show up for lecturers because they are busy with other businesses and they are asking for bogus pay packages. All this happens in Nigeria because anything goes here.

Is that the only agitation

Let them settle the rest
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by zedegit: 8:59am On May 05, 2022
princeemmma:
What do you think will happen if ASU demand are not met by May 15.

Will ASUU continue with the strike if their demands are not met by the end of the extended strike period.

Will they continue with the strike? Do you feel ASUU is wrong by going on strike and even extending the strike?

ASUU strike is all about monetary demands but the truth is Nigeria is in the red. Amaechi and Buhari sold Nigeria to China.

The Chinese would soon arrive. My Chinese name is Chung Lee. Choose yours

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by tuzle(m): 9:00am On May 05, 2022
Kyase:

Yes ASUU is wrong and obviously the strike will continue indefinitely.....
But this time Na dem to tire, schools are backing out already, so they can't sustain it....
mention the schools that have backed out
Re: ASUU Strike: What's Next If Demands Are Not Met By May 15? by Alexpetra: 9:00am On May 05, 2022
Spontaneous007:

Negotiable price
Baba how far you know go carry this ur degree give charity? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Admission At Federal School Of Dental Technology And Therapy Enugu State / University Of Ibadan Produces 26 First Class Graduates At The Law School / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.