Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,407 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

"If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" (2583 Views)

If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / "If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say That The Father Was Greater Than He?" / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by johnw47: 4:16am On May 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Their pastors have really misled them into lots of delusional thoughts.

false jw mad max

you saying KaLuCh calling cornboy "boss" means cornboy is master and knows more, and cornboy agreed with you, funny/crazy

talk about delusional, ... and insaneo of course

you people love lying and agreeing with each others lies
but then you are all of the same line of thought:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

2 Likes

Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by haekymbahd(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2022
Mandate2023:
No one said Jesus is God

Even a mad person knows about d saying "Jesus is Lord'

U dis terrorists won't focus on ur miserable religion that is setting d world ablaze
Unfortunately for you he is a fellow christian like you infact a trinitarian christian.

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Mandate2023: 9:02am On May 06, 2022
haekymbahd:
Unfortunately for you he is a fellow christian like you infact a trinitarian christian.

I told u what u need to know........don't disturb me with ur gullible topic
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Nobody: 9:51am On May 06, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
"If Jesus is God, then who did He pray to?"

This is a very common question. See the answer at carm.org

Are you a man? If yes, it's your father a man? if yes, do you talk with your father as a man?

God is a race as man is a race.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Nobody: 8:16am On May 07, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

No. Who was speaking here and to whom? undecided

So if you read that particular text further to "...that is why your God...", who is "your" referring to? And one question; does Almighty God have a God above Him? Does Jesus Christ have a God above Him?

1 Like

Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Nobody: 8:17am On May 07, 2022
Jashub:
Not a contradiction. You forget that Jesus has two natures : a divine nature and a human nature. In essence He was two people . Which is why the Colossians 2:9 said " the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form dwells in Jesus

Yeah. So, please answer these questions; does God Almighty have a God above Him? Does Jesus Christ have a God above Him?
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On May 07, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

So if you read that particular text further to "...that is why your God...", who is "your" referring to? And one question; does Almighty God have a God above Him? Does Jesus Christ have a God above Him?

You have not answered my question. cool
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On May 07, 2022
Thanksful:

Are you a man? If yes, it's your father a man? if yes, do you talk with your father as a man?

God is a race as man is a race.

Who are those in this 'God's race' if I may ask? undecided
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34am On May 07, 2022
tctrills:

I would not answer, Let Jesus himself answer it for you.
John 14.28
You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

I too would not answer you but I will allow the excerpt below answer it for you: cool

Objection: The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus:

Some other cults and false religions object that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philippians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus. -AIG
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by sonmvayina(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2022
see educated black men sweating over the white mans 'HOLY FICTION'

isn't it fun?
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 10:39am On May 07, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

I too would not answer you but I will allow the excerpt below answer it for you: cool

this is a very personal opinion and interpretation of scripture. You are entitled to your opinion but I stick to the words of Jesus
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Jashub: 11:48am On May 07, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Yeah. So, please answer these questions; does God Almighty have a God above Him? Does Jesus Christ have a God above Him?
That's not the question you should be asking because the bible tells us that there is only one God(Deuteronomy6:4). And according Isaiah 46:9 there's no God is above the Almighty God. So this automatically means there is just one true deity that's worthy worship: YAHWEH

Then , it also says in Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. . This means no one can share on God's glory ; not even the Angels. Which now brings the question: how comes Jesus shares in God's glory(John17:5) after He previously said He would would not share His glory with another?

The answer is simple : Jesus is that God. Because Isaiah 9:6 says
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

From the bolded this verse talks about Jesus being that Everlasting Father and Mighty God

Another thing you have to consider is that He(Jesus )equated Himself with God and that's why the Jews wanted to stone Him for blasphemy (John8:58)

In fact, He pointedly equated Himself to God in John 14:6-9 .

Or have you forgotten that the disciples wanted to known who the Father of Jesus was ? What did He tell them?
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On May 07, 2022
tctrills:

this is a very personal opinion and interpretation of scripture. You are entitled to your opinion but I stick to the words of Jesus

You are sticking to words of men not of Jesus. Don't deceive yourself. cool
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 5:01pm On May 07, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

You are sticking to words of men not of Jesus. Don't deceive yourself. cool
I never quoted anyone words but Christ. I am not like you who add to the bible. I am perfectly content with the bible. The bible says they would meet Christ in the air but you added that they would be raptured to heaven. Very false doctrine.
It's funny you would accuse me when I am the one insisting on the very words of Christ and you keep adding your personal version.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Emusan(m): 7:21pm On May 07, 2022
Janosky:
Na which prayer dey 1 Corinthians 1:2?
These Trinity frauds Sabi forgery too much grin

You're too blind to have seen that @color part in my post cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Emusan(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2022
Janosky:
Did you see the Greek word "Dia autou" THROUGH him" @ Colossians 1:16?

Now here come the mouth changer cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Was the word "OTHER" found in the Bill Mounce Greek interlinear?
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Yes, you Emusan did.

So it's me that inserted that fraudulent word in your translation cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

"Other" is justifiably inserted for clarity.

As usual, he can't call his fraudulent organization out for that fraudulent insertion rather the INSERTION is justifiable when the same wasnt part of Bill Mounce Greek interlinear.

Anyway, The Word "God" was used in that 1 Timothy 3:16 for clarity which is justifiable too cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Colossians 1:15-16 proven Jesus is the channel/agency of Creation.
Hebrew1:2 exposed Trinitarians fraud.

You're the one exposing your fraudulent organization for dubious insertion here cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Off course they lied. John 20:17 Jesus Christ said so.

Thanks for letting us know the fraudulent insertion your organization did.

Hebrew1:2 , Greek "Dia autou THROUGH him" is also at Colossians 1:16..
Emusan is grasping at straws.
Hebrews & Colossians proven Jesus is NOT the Creator grin

I'm still looking for the word "OTHER" that your fraudulent organization inserted in Bill Mounce Greek interlinear, have you seen it? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Lying liar jaNosense like his father the Devil

You keep sounding like a broken record, LYING.

because your fraudulent organization is always get exposed.

Where is the word "OTHER" appeared in Bill Mounce Greek interlinear? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Phillipians 2:7 NWT.
"No, but he emptied himself and took a slave's form and became human"

Same message in Bill Mounce Greek Interlinear.

Emusan LYING as usual.

Oya quote the same Phil 2:9 from Bill Mounce Greek interlinear and your fraudulent NWT, let's see if the word "OTHER" appeared in BMGI cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Lying liar JWs worshipper of lying 8 old men
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 8:57pm On May 07, 2022
cornelboy:

Let's take it one by one. Let's start with Godhead.
What's the difference between Godhead and God?
What's the difference between god, God and GOD?
The Godhead indicates a plurality of Gods and leadership at the top. The bible indicates that Christ is a member of the Godhead. Biblically, the is no difference between god and God. Remember, In ancient Greek writings, only upper case was used. The lower case letters were gradually developed by Christian scribes in monasteries.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by cornelboy(f): 11:14pm On May 07, 2022
tctrills:

The Godhead indicates a plurality of Gods and leadership at the top. The bible indicates that Christ is a member of the Godhead. Biblically, the is no difference between god and God. Remember, In ancient Greek writings, only upper case was used. The lower case letters were gradually developed by Christian scribes in monasteries.

Where did Godhead indicate the plurality of God? Have you checked the meaning of "Godhead"? It's not in anyway plural.

Colossians 2:9
[9]For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.

[9]For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Some translation used God, some used Deity while the others used Godhead.

I understand that Mormons or members of church of Jesus Christ latter day saints don't believe in trinity but what they believe in is not very different from trinity.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 11:23pm On May 07, 2022
Where did Godhead indicate the plurality of God? Have you checked the meaning of "Godhead"? It's not in anyway plural. The bible teaches that there are Gods many. The Godhead indicates leadership of the Gods.

[9]For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.

[9]For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Again this teaches you that Christ was the Bodily representative of the Godhead.

Some translation used God, some used Deity while the others used Godhead. Many translations say different things. I am only explaining to you what the Godhead means.

I understand that Mormons or members of church of Jesus Christ latter day saints don't believe in trinity but what they believe in is not very different from trinity.
Every Church has its own beliefs and I would love to discuss with Mormon missionaries on Nairaland.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2022
tctrills:

I never quoted anyone words but Christ. I am not like you who add to the bible. I am perfectly content with the bible. The bible says they would meet Christ in the air but you added that they would be raptured to heaven. Very false doctrine.
It's funny you would accuse me when I am the one insisting on the very words of Christ and you keep adding your personal version.

Between you and me who used bible references to buttress their points? undecided
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 12:19pm On May 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Between you and me who used bible references to buttress their points? undecided
You don't have any bible reference that says Christians would be raptured to heaven. You clearly quoted lots of bible but your references only ended up with Christians getting to the air and cloud and nothing beyond that.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2022
tctrills:

You don't have any bible reference that says Christians would be raptured to heaven. You clearly quoted lots of bible but your references only ended up with Christians getting to the air and cloud and nothing beyond that.

It is your problem if you didn't see the references I supplied for saints being raptured to heaven, not mine. That is why I advised you to read them prayerfully.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2022
tctrills:

What Bible reference have you produced to say that the Bride of Christ would not be raptured to heaven? undecided
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 1:16pm On May 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

What Bible reference have you produced to say that the Bride of Christ would not be raptured to heaven? undecided
I can only quote what the bible says, Unlike you, I don't add or subtract. The bible never mentioned we would be raptured to heaven rather, it says on that day we would all stand and be judged and the righteous would enter heaven and the wicked cast away. I am ok with what the bible says why should I add some action film to it?
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 1:17pm On May 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

As long as Christ never said the bride would be raptured to heaven, I am ok with what has been revealed.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On May 08, 2022
tctrills:

As long as Christ never said the bride would be raptured to heaven, I am ok with what has been revealed.

It is your choice not to be raptured to heaven. You may continue this conversation if you wish on the following threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/7045903/what-difference-rapture-second-coming
https://www.nairaland.com/7051951/word-rapture-isnt-bible/2#down
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 1:22pm On May 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

It is your choice not to be raptured to heaven. You may continue this conversation if you wish on the following threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/7045903/what-difference-rapture-second-coming
https://www.nairaland.com/7051951/word-rapture-isnt-bible/2#down
Have your fun adding to the bible. Best of luck
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On May 08, 2022
tctrills:

Have your fun adding to the bible. Best of luck

I hope and pray you don't stay ignorant for too long (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 1:33pm On May 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

It is your problem if you didn't see the references I supplied for saints being raptured to heaven, not mine. That is why I advised you to read them prayerfully.
No need to lie. You never provided such a verse. If you did please quote it now.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by tctrills: 1:34pm On May 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

I hope and pray you don't stay ignorant for too long (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
I know your type. You refuse to see your error. It's ok, I cant help you any further.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 08, 2022
Jashub:
That's not the question you should be asking because the bible tells us that there is only one God(Deuteronomy6:4). And according Isaiah 46:9 there's no God is above the Almighty God. So this automatically means there is just one true deity that's worthy worship: YAHWEH

Then , it also says in Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. . This means no one can share on God's glory ; not even the Angels. Which now brings the question: how comes Jesus shares in God's glory(John17:5) after He previously said He would would not share His glory with another?

The answer is simple : Jesus is that God. Because Isaiah 9:6 says
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

From the bolded this verse talks about Jesus being that Everlasting Father and Mighty God

Another thing you have to consider is that He(Jesus )equated Himself with God and that's why the Jews wanted to stone Him for blasphemy (John8:58)

In fact, He pointedly equated Himself to God in John 14:6-9 .

Or have you forgotten that the disciples wanted to known who the Father of Jesus was ? What did He tell them?

So, there is only one God Who has no God above Him, and Who has no God. According to you (and other trinitarians), Jesus is that God. So, who was Jesus calling "my God"? He actually said this in 3 places in the Bible.
Re: "If Jesus Is God, Then Who Did He Pray To?" by Jashub: 3:00pm On May 08, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

So, there is only one God Who has no God above Him, and Who has no God. According to you (and other trinitarians), Jesus is that God. So, who was Jesus calling "my God"? He actually said this in 3 places in the Bible.
I already answered this question oga. God (The Son) was calling on God(The Father ). Both are manifestations of the same being

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? / The Unbiblical Practice Of Altar Calls & The Sinner's Prayer / A Scientific Look At The Law Of Reciprocal Action Or Karma.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.