Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation (1606 Views)

Ohanaeze Cautions Buhari Over Call On US, UK To Proscribe IPOB / Why Did Uk British Parliament Waited 36 Years To Expose General Yakubu Gowon? / South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Built2last: 1:05pm On May 06, 2022
UK has 78 proscribed terror groups as evidenced on all UK terror documents. IPOB is not there.

Visit website to see all of them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proscribed-terror-groups-or-organisations--2

Nigerians and junk Journalism wont stop amazing sound minds.

I challenge anyone, I mean anyone to show me a written or video evidence that IPOB has been branded a terrorist organisation by UK.

I have gone to all UK newspapers, visited UK.gov page where all terrorists groups recognised by UK are listed. IPOB is not there. Not a single UK TV or newspaper reported that IPOB has been proscribed a terrorist group.

Every newspaper that carried this junk news are Nigerian newspapers and bloggers.

Seun it's important that MODs go through press release and authenticate news and headlines before pushing to the front pages.

What was reported was that UK said IPOB wont be given access to seek asylum in UK anymore. And there were other groups listed there.

See the news

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-country-policy-and-information-notes/country-policy-and-information-note-separatist-groups-in-the-south-east-nigeria-march-2022-accessible#Indigenous_People_of_1

I ask again, show me any shred of evidence where UK branded IPOB a terror organisation.

I do not support the approach IPOB has taken in pursuing their secession but it's also important that truth prevail over junk journalism.

See images. Not a single UK TV or print media reported what Nigerian press is saying. Shame.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proscribed-terror-groups-or-organisations--2

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Malory: 1:06pm On May 06, 2022
Contradictory news. Nigerian journalists needs to improve themselves

7 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Built2last: 1:13pm On May 06, 2022
It's a shame that we accept anything we read online without asking questions.

Look how all major news houses copied and pasted same sensational headlines to sell papers and get viewership.

Whoever is bankrolling this narrative has big pocket.

@lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by EasternVoice(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2022
IPOB, ESN and their affiliates have always been a terrorist Organization. It only took the outside world longer to recognize.

Modified: In reference to the picture below, he is now in jail cooling off; and if u understand how the court system works, then u'll agree that he'll be there for a long long lonnngggg time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by gidgiddy: 1:16pm On May 06, 2022
Malory:

They are terrble. This news showed how bad Nigerian journalism is. That something so simple to confirm or refute was not possible for them

In a way, it helps IPOB. The British government will now see for themselves the level of false reporting and propaganda targeted at IPOB

6 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by EasternVoice(m): 1:16pm On May 06, 2022
U tell Ndi-Igbo to boycott election and not vote, how then will our voices be heard?

Even the so-called REFERENDUM they are talking about, they don't even know the processes for that. It simply means.. (A VOTE on a proposed law or constitutional ammendment).
Without ur PVCs, how would that happen?

U tell people to sit at home, meanwhile we have Ndi-Igbo in the markets (fathers, mothers), business people who if they don't sell daily, they can't feed their families. How will they survive?

Business men & women who come from all over Nigeria to Patronize Ariaria Int'l Market Aba, Onitcha Main market, etc, now stop for their transactions in Asaba. Chai!

The rich men IPOB/ESN are enviously targeting are still our self-made Igbo brothers who toiled very hard for their money. Now they are successful & employers of labour. But u kidnap & chase them away, who then will employ us?

...You sideline and destroy properties of our Igbo Politicians, Senators, Governors,etc, who then will speak for us in Abuja?

.... You attack the police securing the community, who then will protect us against your kidnappings, robbery, murder, crime?
Odinma biko nu

....Ralph Uwazuruike after pioneering MASSOB in the early 2000s, dashing the hopes for Igbo presidency, messing up the census exercise for Ndi-Igbo now openly supports an outsider Yahaya Bellow for President...Chai! How then do we get to the Federal?

...Nnamdi Kanu, whatever Ekpa & his autopiloters are spoilers who are sponsored by enemies of Ndi-igbo who want us to kill ourselves, if we allow this to happen how then do we thrive as a people?
Chineke ekwela!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by cherishmichael: 1:18pm On May 06, 2022
I'm just being realistic here, checking this with a normal view of accordance, IPOB are not to be called terrorist, are they not fighting for their freedom since they don't have to say in the country which was said to be one Nigeria, they have no reasonable post in the country's high sits, please let's face reality.
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Conrod: 1:22pm On May 06, 2022
A 21century "educated person" that accepts that his for-father fell down onto the earth from jupitar will accept every lie thrown at his empty skull,.....as for nairaland and its anti igbo policies,..hmmm.

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by shigishege: 1:23pm On May 06, 2022
Built2last:
It's a shame that we accept anything we read online without asking questions.

Look how all major news houses copied and pasted same sensational headlines to sell papers and get viewership.

Whoever is bankrolling this narrative has big pocket.

@lalasticlala
But it's amazing how the lives in your problematic region is being destroyed, right in your own eyes and all you people could do is to be looking for goddamn rebuttals. Now I know you guys are real beasts in this country. A good for nothing rogue cretins who is dangerously dangerous to associate with. Very dirty set of desidents disturbing our nation.
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Malory: 1:24pm On May 06, 2022
gidgiddy:

They are terrble. This news showed how bad Nigerian journalism is. That something so simple to confirm or refute was not possible for them

In a way, it helps IPOB. The British government will now see for themselves the level of false reporting and propaganda targeted IPOB
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Maxymilliano(m): 1:25pm On May 06, 2022
Ipob is barred from seeking asylum ...

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by gidgiddy: 1:27pm On May 06, 2022
Conrod:
A 21century "educated person" that accepts that his for-father fell down onto the earth from jupitar will accept every lie thrown at his empty skull.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Built2last: 1:32pm On May 06, 2022
shigishege:
But it's amazing how the lives in your problematic region is being destroyed, right in your own eyes and all you people could do is to be looking for goddamn rebuttals. Now I know you guys are real beasts in this country. A good for nothing rogue cretins who is dangerously dangerous to associate with. Very dirty set of desidents disturbing our nation.

Another urchin who wouldn't respond to the core message but went on insulting a whole tribe not asking you for help. Typical of them.
They can't engage in a sane debate without resorting to debasing themselves.

Has any Igbo man begged you for food before. Why are you bothered with all these insults

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Conrod: 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
shigishege:
Good,...you can do the needfull today by campaining for their exit.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by PlayerMeji: 1:36pm On May 06, 2022
Hmm... I pity you OP...

Like Asa sang some years ago "There's fire on the mountain and nobody seems to be on the run".

There is a huge fire engulfing the East at the moment and no one is talking about it. You have masked men parading about in the name of IPOB, ESN and now UGM. These groups are directly or indirectly unleashing mayhem and carnage in the region and all you can think about is whether or not one group is labeled a Terrorist group.

I strongly believe that the OP is not resident in the East in any way.

Just watching the gore and how they removed a woman's V-area in their most recent expedition should be enough reason to beg any known authority to declare these masked men as terrorists, ipog, esn or UGM...

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by shigishege: 1:37pm On May 06, 2022
Conrod:
Good,...you can do the needfull today by campaining for their exit.
unfortunately they have no where to go.
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Oplomo: 1:37pm On May 06, 2022
lai mohammed has a lot of hungry bloggers and journalists working for him in useless toilet paper printing factories like the nation, daily trust.

Simple fact check, they cant do, even if their lives depends on it.

Only good at swallowinng ewedu and shouting "ahhhhhhhh!" like buffoons.

What does it take to write an e-mail to the UK GOVT and get clarifications on the UK stance if you are confused as a semi-literate journalist?

They see the word "may" and they say it means "must". So much buffoonery.

Thank God for the internet, these monkeys would have gone on with their fake narratives unchallenged. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Oplomo: 1:39pm On May 06, 2022
shigishege:

Yoruba muslim man, show us an explicit statement from the UK designating IPOB as a terror group not some useless article on a gworo-chewing or amala-drinking newspaper. cheesy
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Emergingnation(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Ipob is barred from seeking asylum ...
IPOB never want their Asylums in the first place..

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by naijapips04: 1:41pm On May 06, 2022
Built2last:
UK has 78 proscribed terror groups as evidenced on all UK terror documents. IPOB is not there.

Visit website to see all of them.

Nigerians and junk Journalism wont stop amazing sound minds.

I challenge anyone, I mean anyone to show me a written or video evidence that IPOB has been branded a terrorist organisation by UK.

I have gone to all UK newspapers, visited UK.gov page where all terrorists groups recognised by UK are listed. IPOB is not there. Not a single UK TV or newspaper reported that IPOB has been proscribed a terrorist group.

Every newspaper that carried this junk news are Nigerian newspapers and bloggers.

Seun it's important that MODs go through press release and authenticate news and headlines before pushing to the front pages.

What was reported was that UK said IPOB wont be given access to seek asylum in UK anymore. And there were other groups listed there.

See the news

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-country-policy-and-information-notes/country-policy-and-information-note-separatist-groups-in-the-south-east-nigeria-march-2022-accessible#Indigenous_People_of_1

I ask again, show me any shred of evidence where UK branded IPOB a terror organisation.

I do not support the approach IPOB has taken in pursuing their secession but it's also important that truth prevail over junk journalism.

See images. Not a single UK TV or print media reported what Nigerian press is saying. Shame.

It is not our fault that your brain is too porous you can fit a pregnant pig in it. Read with understanding... slowly this time.
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Oplomo: 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
Malory:

But you earlier swallowed the fake news propaganda on ishilove's thread. grin
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Built2last: 1:47pm On May 06, 2022
naijapips04:

It is not our fault that your brain is too porous you can fit a pregnant pig in it. Read with understanding... slowly this time.

Typical. Was expecting your insults. You with non porous mind, copy and paste where they were designated terror group. That's what a sane mind will do but no.

Nunu or Amala won't allow your brain locate it.
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Malory: 1:48pm On May 06, 2022
Oplomo:

But you earlier swallowed the fake news propaganda on ishilove's thread. grin
I was deceived grin
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by naijapips04: 1:48pm On May 06, 2022
2.2.3 If a person has been involved with IPOB (and/or an affiliated group), MASSOB or any other ‘Biafran’ group that incites or uses violence to achieve its aims decision makers must consider whether one (or more) of the exclusion clauses under the Refugee Convention is applicable. Persons who commit human rights violations must not be granted asylum.

Mugu.....
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by naijapips04: 1:50pm On May 06, 2022
Built2last:

Typical. Was expecting your insults. You with non porous mind, copy and paste where they were designated terror group. That's what a sane mind will do but no.

Nunu or Amala won't allow your brain locate it.

UK is accepting the terror group classification on IPOB by the Nigerian government. That is the way things are done. Same way USA accept the terrorist tag on Boko haram placed by the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Oplomo: 1:51pm On May 06, 2022
Malory:
I was deceived grin

Lol, I am following ishilove now for more anti-Igbo/Biafran fake news.

She is an interesting person. cheesy
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by naijapips04: 1:51pm On May 06, 2022
The went further to state they they do not support separatist organizations that use force to achieve their aims.

Are you really this daft?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by doctokwus: 1:52pm On May 06, 2022
Of course no where was it stated in the UK advisory.
I re-read the full report several times and didn't see such.
The final part of the report even explicitly stated each application is still to be evaluated on it's own merit.
When I saw even TheCable publishing such headline even when they published the full report,it just further reinforced my belief that many online newspapers are just glorified blogs,with pretences to being press outfits.
How can an educated journalist find it difficult to read and appropriately interpret a simple report!
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by History555: 1:52pm On May 06, 2022
shigishege:

Oyibo repete. Oya take ur oyibo to bank, cash reward dey wait u. Stupid fool
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by SwissMass: 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
hehehehehe
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Built2last: 1:59pm On May 06, 2022
naijapips04:

UK is accepting the terror group classification on IPOB by the Nigerian government. That is the way things are done. Same way USA accept the terrorist tag on Boko haram placed by the Nigerian government.

You can keep fooling yourself. My post has the list of terror organisations recognised by UK. 78 of them but your small mind keeps wishing without proof. Good luck. I dont don't do well with very dull elusive minds
Re: Fact Check: Did UK Proscribe IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation by Rollsnjaguar(m): 2:01pm On May 06, 2022
When we tell Igbos that there is a high well oiled media and terrorist attack against Igbos, most Igbos doubt us.

They are using killer machinery to kill in Southeast to label IPOB as a terrorist organisation.

They are also using the print and online media to propagate their agenda simultaneously.

Is only people that can understand how this things work, that will know what am talking about.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did The Delegates Vote ? / Simon Ekpa Attempts To Kill Omote Biafra PHOTOS / How Hope Uzodinma Hijacked Peter Obi's Labour Party In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.