Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,188 members, 7,974,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:30 PM

My Love For You - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / My Love For You (357 Views)

When I Think Of Your Love For Me! / FOR YOU MY LOVE BY JESSICA DURU / My Love Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Love For You by iamcreativemab(m): 4:07pm On May 07, 2022
Today makes 365 days that i fall in love and trying all my best to hide it. You always seize my breath for no reason. Whenever i set my eyes on you, i feel ontop of the world. Your soft voice made me realize beauty relies in tune. The question i keep on asking my self is that, why do i fall for you. I later know only if I can't hear your voice anymore.
Sorry this my first ever poem. Please i need correction.
Re: My Love For You by chrisley(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2022
@ iamcreativemab

I'm not a poetry savant; I'm still learning the ropes on that turf.

But I do know that employing figurative expressions in your piece is one of the mark of a good poet (Metaphor, simile, personification, hyperbole; irony and so many others)

Poems also have an appeal when well structured or written in stanzas; we have the haiku style, epigram, ballads and suchlikes.

You can also follow the likes of j2381, Postmann, Harddon, jigsawkillah to borrow a leaf cos they know their onions when it comes to poetry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Love For You by iamcreativemab(m): 4:37pm On May 08, 2022
Thanks.
Re: My Love For You by susanmark: 7:15pm On Sep 12
this is a beautiful first poem! You've captured the emotions of love and admiration so well. I love how you expressed that feeling of being "on top of the world" just by seeing them. It's almost like a love shayari in English, with the way their voice made you realize the beauty in sound. It's heartfelt and genuine, which is what poetry is all about. Keep writing! Your words already have a lot of power.

(1) (Reply)

The Richest Town(a Poem By A Nairalander) / African Poetry / Poems By Chudim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.