Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,528 members, 7,937,504 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:45 AM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (33748 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 8:38am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! This is real funny. Most of the people ICPC and EFCC are jailing are believers in god, this your analysis na wash.

God and real children of God don't consider them as believers. They are the fools that have said in their hearts that there is no God.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by membranus: 8:49am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! This is real funny. Most of the people ICPC and EFCC are jailing are believers in god, this your analysis na wash.

"Believers in god" are different from the GODLY. Believers in god are everywhere, but the Godly are rare.

The Godly are those who primary goal in life is to make heaven, and live with God till eternity.

For this set of people, business as being unethically practised by the generality of businessmen is a no go area.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LastProphet: 8:52am On May 09, 2022
Eriokanmi:
My mum was terribly afflicted in the early 80s with a strange ailment. My dad spent and spent, no solution. She was admitted in hospital for weeks, alas! One elder now late, suggested we move into a mission house where prayers were being offered morning and night and in the process, she got healed. Her head would be making noise like when you're near a generator even in a very cool silent environment. She'd even asked if we heard such sound and we'd say no. She got healed completely and that's how we became born again. She's almost 90 years old now.

One day, after a send forth service conducted for a pastor who just got promoted with transfer elsewhere, he was praying for people as they knelt before him. He had the gift of prophesy. When it got to my turn he said to me that I had great journeys ahead of me. That I'd travel a lot and then I was in JS3. Today, I had touched the length and breath of the earth, to the glory of God.

In my undergraduate days, as I was sleeping in my hostel one night, God showed to me some things...He had always done this severally before then. He revealed that I was caught in an exam malpractice. I don't joke with whatever He reveals, regardless of the nearly impossible circumstances around me. God respects His words even more than His name...the bible says so. I was vibrating within me. I used to be one of the best students in my set. How would I now be caught up in such a mess? I didn't take it lightly. I prayed violently and rebuked it.

Lo and behold, on that fateful day, it was our last paper. I had even forgotten. The revelation came to pass. God is my witness to this. It was the exact location as seen in that revelation, on the same desk, I was seated by same window, in same exam hall and same lecturer stood beside the window. Then I quickly remembered. It was as if I once watched a movie which was being replayed. There was a course mate by the name Demola. He had problem solving one of the questions. I told him I hadn't gotten to that number. This guy was disturbing. He said please let me send you the ones I had done maybe in exchange for those questions I had solved. Suddenly, this guy sent me the expo. I was restless. All of a sudden, invigilators entered the exam hall, about 5 in number. I quickly hid the expo inside my booklet and suddenly, a lecturer appeared by the window near me, observing things, same man as seen in that deam wearing same clothe. I said, mogbe ooo. The invigilators started checking booklets from page to page. I was 5th on that row and the first row for that matter. It was as if all eyes were on me. By the time they got to the 2nd student, I pretended as if I was reviewing my work, suddenly I squeezed the expo and violently threw it behind underneath the desk.

They quickly rushed to me and asked what happened. I told them my pen dropped and I was trying to look for it. They asked me to step out of the desk, searched everywhere, up to the 2nd student behind me, they searched my booklet page by page. They found nothing they now asked me to sit down. I'd have been rusticated that day. But because God had revealed it earlier and I had prayed against it, it was someone else who was caught.

My brother travelled to America for the first time in 2003. On getting to POE in America, after he had been admitted, a CBP accusted him and asked for his passport. He said the picture wasn't matching his identity because his real look didn't match the pic on the visa sticker and the one on his profile page. He laughed hysterically because he obtained his visa by himself , got interviewed in Lagos and nobody assisted in filling-in his DS160 form. The man said he wasn't kidding. He was interrogated at the secondary inspection side . He was asked to place his fingers on the screen which revealed all his biodata as recorded in the American consulate in lagos and his visa details still they didn't velieve him...hard to believe right? Village people are real. Na that day I know.

In short he was locked up in the cold cell and deported 2 days later. On getting home he called my sister who took him to the pastor of their church. The man said as soon as he obtained the visa, he was showing it to everyone instead of hiding it and be praying for success of his trip. He said there was one woman who saw it with her evil eyes and cancelled it spiritually. He said he was going with an empty passport unknowingly. He said the woman was saying so, you want to go and make it abi? He said the man would pray hard but he wouid have his visa restored as God had said. But he will pray very hard cos of his image that had been dented. He also told him that when the time was ripe he'd see signs. Truly it happened. When he reappeared for another interview a few years later at us embassy in lagos, the visa officer said he had seen all that happened on the system but he wouldn't give him visa but would apply for a waiver of ineligibility which he's seeing on his profile and the application could either be granted or rejected by one and only attorney General of the United States, that he should be checking his mail frequently. One day they mailed him that his waiver had been granted and he should send his passport to us embassy for his visa via a designated DHL office. No interview conducted, no additional fees charged. That's how God restored him. He's one of the popular figures in Nigeria today...a successful businessman.

At times, God would just reveal to me some things about my neighbour which would eventually happen. In fact, I can't remember one-tenth of my encounter with God. This is just a few. Cheers.

You did well by giving enough examples which young minds can learn from. The only thing I can add as another person of experience is that all the things you 'heard' from God also happens to people of other faiths. If you were a Muslim for instance you'd still have those gifts of seeing things to come. If you were a traditional worshipper you'd still see those visions. So our spirituality isn't about the name we call God, it's in us and you can personally develop or suppress them. You must be of some level of pure mindedness to maintain such gifts, most people kill theirs off by succumbing to base pleasures of life.
Man is a spirit, there may not even be "God" in the way we imagine him. Is obvious there's a force out there but giving it a personality with desires for praises, acknowledgement etc as the Christian faith often assumes is to me inaccurate. See this is a very long discussion and thank you for your input
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Chibuezem(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
that's your life bro, it won't add or minus anything from any Christian.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2022
membranus:

"Believers in god" are different from the GODLY. Believers in god are everywhere, but the Godly are rare.

The Godly are those who primary goal in life is to make heaven, and live with God till eternity.

For this set of people, business as being unethically practised by the generality of businessmen is a no go area.
Image123:

God and real children of God don't consider them as believers. They are the fools that have said in their hearts that there is no God.

LoLz! So now the goal post has shifted from they don't believe in god to they are not real children of god or they are not godly. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nyanabo(m): 9:07am On May 09, 2022
Is your definition of been rich about being able to provide 3 meals for yourself and able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment?

Is being rich and smart or handsome all there is to life ? All I see you you trying to justify why you are towing the line you currently tow nothing more.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Bfly: 9:08am On May 09, 2022
Examine your reason for not believing the old story.

God is not in Religion; you wouldn't find him by belonging to a gathering.

GOD resides in Man with his knowledge.

If you don't have such knowledge then you are still good with your conviction of no God.
There is no need wasting your time on what you don't know.
But remember if you are not fighting God then leave everyman to his conviction. Let your Dad have his peace.

If you still fight God then your problem is lack of self-sufficiency to accept his terms
It is worse.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by membranus: 9:08am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! So now the goal post has shifted from they don't believe in god to they are not real children of god or they are not godly. Bwahahahahaha!

When you finally experience life after death, which all of us will go through, it is then your Bwahahahahaha! will make sense.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 9:10am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

Who changed the goalpost if not you? Do you want to claim that you have not read that he that is born of God doesn't commit sin, or that thieves cannot inherit eternal life, or that thieves will have their parts in the lake of fire, or that not everyone that calls Jesus Lord are of God but those that do His will? Do you think that you are the one making the goal post? The goalpost was there before you or your country was born.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by MtDave55: 9:15am On May 09, 2022
Being religious or not isn't important. What is important is your love for humanity. How do you feel when you see people suffering, do you care to do something about it?

Believing in the existence of God shouldn't be something difficult to terms with, if you explain how nature came into existence without attributing any stage of it to supreme being Maybe I will also stop believing in God. God exist, but He is not what most pastors picture Him to be. Most preacher picture him to be horrible and violent, I personally believe God is not that type of being.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Obik65(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2022
That's what we are still searching, the evidence of the bible is too misleading and meagre to be the sole solution to the idea that God exist
iamuye:

For me, the truth is, many of us ( our brains �) on this planet earth is somewhat incapable of understanding the real concept of God the Creator.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by SamgoldBaba: 9:19am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
'
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

Believing in God is the utmost, religion only gives us ways and teachings of serving God
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by CoolAmbience(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

Says a myopic individual that have no knowledge of who God is. Low budget atheist. Keep your stupidity to yourself alone.

I believe in God.

But religion isn't my thing. For me, it is both confusing and divisive; and it is ridden with inexplicably strange doctrines, developed by humans, in line with their personal preferences, judgements and limited wisdom.

I think people are entitled to their beliefs, and this must be respected.

I don't think being religious makes anyone any better. I have met terrible religious people and near-perfect non-religious people, and vice versa.

We are what we work ourselves to be. Sincerely, I am yet to see the impact of religion in our society.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 9:30am On May 09, 2022
francisjochaim:

I would love to have his phone number
08056167608. Please do not hide anything when you contact him...even if you do, he'd know and if he does, he might not entertain your explanations cos he has lots of people waiting to see him. Just be honest. God bless you. Good morning
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ivanspring(f): 9:31am On May 09, 2022
czarr:
You are just confusing yourself. Your disbelief doesn't mean anything. God is real to he who believes. God is not real to he who doesn't believe.

Continue in your disbelief
While we will continue in our belief.
No need for grammar, there is no award.

End of discussion!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:34am On May 09, 2022
Why are you telling us? Compensating for something?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Lazenby007(m): 9:51am On May 09, 2022
The only question I can ask you is: so,what do you want us to do now?. Why come here to tell us you don't believe in God. You don't believe in God is your fucking business and let that stay with you. So, you want us to start jumping and be hailing you because you don't believe in God. Guy,abeg park well !
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by osazsky(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2022
Righthussle:
Your father betrayed his forefathers by abandoning their religion for the religion of their slave masters. Now you have left your father's religion and beliefs for your own beliefs. Na one one. Tell your father that the way he feels about you abandoning his religion, is exactly how his forefathers feel about his decision to drop their religion for the religion of their tormentors and enslavers.

Well for me, I am not a Christian neither am I a Muslim. I am a None. I don't practice any religion. You can't scare me into practising a barbaric religion that promotes human sacrifice with the threat of hell. And I am not interested in having an endless life after death, the one you call eternal life, you use to lure greedy people into practicing your religion. My friend said I should practice his religion because in their heaven there are many mansions. I told him to live in my own mansion when he gets there. .
u dat is not practicing any one u betrayed the religion of your forefathers....our forefathers could actually teleport..

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by iamuye(m): 10:10am On May 09, 2022
musicwriter:

Kudos!

You've made the right decision. The good news is that any intelligent person would finally free themselves from religion. It's not easy but any intelligent person would figure it out sooner or later.

Anybody that lived and died with religion is a fool. In fact, I was thinking the other day whether religion was deliberately designed as a way to detect people who can think and those who can't.

However, believing in God is not the same as being religious. So, you may still believe in God but not the God of religion. Religious people actually don't understand what God is.

God is not something to be believed. God is something to be understood and become. That can only be done by spirituality not religion.

I need to like this comment more than once!

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by a2d3rew(m): 10:11am On May 09, 2022
Ooo my God in heaven, I don't know
such people still exis.
So u don't trust in who created the heaven and Earth and create u in his image
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by iamuye(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2022
Obik65:
That's what we are still searching, the evidence of the bible is too misleading and meagre to be the sole solution to the idea that God exist

You are spot on.
For me I think the evidence of God the Creator is evident in us and our immediate environment... the book of the Bible to me is more like a history book � of our colonial masters, it has little or no history concerning the black race.
And because these history books is man made, it it prone to errors, exaggeration, superstition and many complications.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by aspabay(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.

One day just one day, your eyes will be opened.

I pray it wont be late
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by iamuye(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

“ A deity is not known by the simple term 'God'. God, is not a name of any deity. It is a generic name for every worshipped being.
It's just a title. Like Teacher, Mr. Or president. All he World's presidents are presidents, but to know who they are, you must identify them. President Putin, is not President Buhari, etc.
Deities are known by first their personal names and what they do and how they operate.
Allah is an Arabian God which had been in existence lonnnnng before Muhammad was born. And that allah had no connection or affiliation with the God of Abraham until Waraqa bin Nawal (a soothsayer) introduced Muhammad to the Bible.

Allah was a moon god calles Hûbal in the ancient Arabian peninsula and part of Persia. It was Muhammad who raised him up to become almighty god. He was just a household god.

The Judeo-Christian God is called Yahweh. And he has his ways so different from the Astrological moon of of Arabia.

They are not the same at all. It's a sin to associate YHWH and Allah.”

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Hongkongfukid(m): 10:25am On May 09, 2022
I believe good value teachings not religious teachings. You can't be expecting me to believe the one who enslave my ancestors and still trying to enslave me.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by zakkxx: 10:34am On May 09, 2022
Continue in your foolishness; you will remember this statement in hell if you don’t repent!! No body go beg u continue, u are doing well
KINGJAJA888:
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2022
Image123:

Who changed the goalpost if not you? Do you want to claim that you have not read that he that is born of God doesn't commit sin, or that thieves cannot inherit eternal life, or that thieves will have their parts in the lake of fire, or that not everyone that calls Jesus Lord are of God but those that do His will? Do you think that you are the one making the goal post? The goalpost was there before you or your country was born.

LoLz! Did you even read the post I responded to in the first place? You keep jumping into conversations and misinterpreting things. Read the first part of the post again:

membranus:

Because people who don't believe in God are open to every suggestion and means of getting wealth, without the limitation of religious do or donts.

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:41am On May 09, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Share your testimony how Krishna changed your life. And who are your witnesses?
he gave me a new car this morning miraclously
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Sirmuel1(m): 10:41am On May 09, 2022
Threads like this I just hiss and close my browser.

God is great, God is supreme.
I will do my best to tell you about Him, but will never force my religion on you.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 10:42am On May 09, 2022
membranus:

When you finally experience life after death, which all of us will go through, it is then your Bwahahahahaha! will make sense.

Even your bible acknowledges that the dead know nothing and experience nothing. Death is the end, the off switch of every living organism. Meanwhile your living fellow believers are languishing in prison for various crimes. LoLz.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:42am On May 09, 2022
[s]
smart8956:

When children think from their emotions.
You know nothing about the secret of wealth,you're here using Elon Musk and Bill to justify wealth with atheists. Go read about the men who build America by clicking on this link. https://faithandpubliclife.com/the-men-who-built-america-john-d-rockefeller-s-faith/

Ask yourself was he an atheist? What makes him excellent until this day? It's not about being rich,but impact of your richness years after years and generation to come. You'll be surprised that as far as America is concern,and those people you mentioned to be rich today,all learn from J.D Rockefeller. I'm sure you're still hearing about Rockefeller's Foundation until today? Instead of using his money to build generations to come,his master is advising him to buy twitter, go to Ukraine sponsor and fight war,and all of the spacex failures.
We have seen many billionaires came and go,but Rockefeller still in existence even after death. That's an excellent spirit of riches we're talking about. Not one of his children or groundchildren are listed in Forbes as millionaires but Billionaires. Forbes recently bring it net worth last month April 22,at 360billion,this month it's 418billion.
Someone In his time when he was alive worth 1.5% of American GDP combined. Today,do simply Google search,how much is American GDP (as of last year 2021 it was 22.99 trillion dollars),multiply that by 1.5% of Rockefeller's worth, you'll see how much he would've worth in our time (about 345 billions dollars,i.e bringing your Elon musk, Bill, Jeff Bezos CEO Amazon and top others combined not to talk about nations combined together who's GDP doesn't reach quarter of it). Wikipedia even said his personal wealth was estimated in 1913 at $900 million, which was almost 3% of the US GDP of $39.1 billion that year. ... That was his peak net worth. And the figure if we use Wikipedia today will be 3% of 22.99trillion dollars which equals approximately 690 billion dollars. Who's Elon musk?
If you use Google as your friend or Yahoo or any other search engines, you'll be told he *was and still the richest American to-date*. Don't make noise when it comes to wealth. God is supreme!

Just like the young man who has no direction still under father's prayer boast about his handsome and riches? If he'll be sincere to us, despite that,some girls still turn him down with his gay masturbation hand. Noise this or that,I don't know his location if he's still living with his father in Nigeria,but me I'm not rich as he's,but were I'm currently living outside Nigeria, I'm doing well. No noise.
And to conclude it, God is in existence,our minds,our consciousness tell us when we do good or bad. We know from birth even without being taught good is from God while evil from your father the devil. So whether you believe in God or not, when you're doing good,the spirit of God is in you,but if you're doing bad,your master the Devil is controlling you. I'm proud to be a Christian! If you need more because of time, read about Henry ford, John Wesley, etc.
Stay blessed.
[/s] sciolistic believer
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:43am On May 09, 2022
FEEXEZ:
I thought you said you were smart but your smartness is jumping besides newton.
the science can't describe man creation giving stupid ideology (example biochemist will says there was a rare mixture of compound which leads to zygote. They now explain more on the element) you may not GOT what i am trying to let you know unless youre smart
How did science enter this discussion?
Are you an irredeemable slowpoke?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Did you even read the post I responded to in the first place? You keep jumping into conversations and misinterpreting things. Read the first part of the post again:

i did. Sinners are unbelievers, they don't believe in God according to the Bible. It is you who thinks that they are believers because they are not professing atheists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop / Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown / Can You Be Good Without GOD??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.