Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,028 members, 7,933,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:44 AM

Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term (10540 Views)

President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals / Senate Recommends 6-year Single Term, LG Autonomy / Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 13, 2011
This GEJ does not reason logically. I hope this is not true anyway
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by MMM2(m): 4:13am On Jul 13, 2011
Why not 8yrs?
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by sirenoch1(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2011
why not provide means for continuety and have a single term of 5 years
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by welovethee(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2011
gej carry go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by CuteTj(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2011
If he manipulates the system from a 4 year term to a 7 year single term, then he would be worse than Obasanjo. Its not even possible because someone that they didnt even want to be the President for 4 years only, how will they now support him for 7 years?? You people should stop fantasizing because its impossible!!
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by ziccoit: 8:02am On Jul 13, 2011
And somebody would tell me this guy is different. He doesn't reason about the poor security situation in this country not to mention the stagnation of his government in term of performance. At this time in the history of our poor situation, tenure elongation seems to be paramount. What a GEJocracy- the government of the dullards by the dullards for the dullards.

We are yet to have a leader. These people are rulers. Most pathetic is Nigerians are not ready to enthrone a leader. We need true Nigerians so that we can be able to achieve a true leadership. All we have been seen are s-t-u-id i-d-i-ot minority lording over a wise majority.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by CuteTj(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2011
1 year remaining Yar'Adua's term + 7 year single term = 8 years, 2 terms.                  At the end of the day he would succeed in using 2 terms. The guy's brain is working but i thought otherwise o ,
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by fxtopedia(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2011
Fresh disaster from dummy of the year!
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by dapachez: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2011
Na wa oh
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by mrofficial(m): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2011
2-dacade will be ok for single term.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by AmAlone: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2011
I was even thinking about how we can help reduce the normal 4yrs tenure to a year
but this man just multiply the whole thing by 7  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by emmydee(m): 9:17am On Jul 13, 2011
3 years of two terms followed by a very seriuos, transparent, free & fair probe and subsequent 50 years jail term if found guilty.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by otokx(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2011
Incredulous
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by playboy19(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2011
I think GEJ has done well. I think this is really a good way to distract our attention from all these bombing thing. The president should focus of the Boko Haram problem and the Economy not to enlongate the term. He hasn't even have a successful 3 month in office, here he is bidding to enlongate his tenure, really pathetic.

I cry for Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by franckie: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2011
I dey laugh, Naija,
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 13, 2011
I remember GEJ giving clarification on this during his electioneering campaign. The intent of this is to reduce the cost incurred by the country to run elections within a short period of time. Don't forget that this will also give the govt a time to formulate and carry out policy plans - one of the reasons GEJ sent the old ministers to their former posts. Not few of us shall agree that four years is short to initiate and complete some projects (In Africa grin) Aslo note that the bill should not necessarily favor GEJ as the date of take off should be left to the discretion of the house. I remember GEJ say that he don't hope to go beyond four years. The bill should be a matter of national direction for subsequent administrations, hopefully the next Igbo President smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by olaezebala: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2011
Brother president na sick man. If you really have a better plan to move this nation forward, start it now and
forget about the seven years of your fisher man thinking term in office. what do you expect from the MEND spokeman?
Jonny boy boy playing with Nigerians thinking faculty. he promoised to only use one term now he is seeking for a term to be secen years
Na everybody know say na fish ey for titus. Silly mumu.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by duno: 10:59am On Jul 13, 2011
Okoro2015:

I remember GEJ giving clarification on this during his electioneering campaign. The intent of this is to reduce the cost incurred by the country to run elections within a short period of time. Don't forget that this will also give the govt a time to formulate and carry out policy plans - one of the reasons GEJ sent the old ministers to their former posts. Not few of us shall agree that four years is short to initiate and complete some projects (In Africa grin) Aslo note that the bill should not necessarily favor GEJ as the date of take off should be left to the discretion of the house. I remember GEJ say that he don't hope to go beyond four years. The bill should be a matter of national direction for subsequent administrations, hopefully the next Igbo President smiley smiley smiley

Cost - there are ways in which this can be reduced through proper planning etc

Time - is relative! A leader without plans/ goals/vision will  not achieve anything even if you give him ten years. The whole idea of tenure elongation looks good/ reasonable on paper however, in our country (where nothing is ever as it seems at first), I will say it is an attempt by the political class to keep the electorate in perpetual bondage. God save us if an incompetent leader is elected as we will be stuck for 7 yrs - it will be an herculean task removing such a person (or has any of our politicians/ leaders ever resigned due to incompetence/ because the electorate dont want them again?)

Time doesnt solve all problems, after all the ruling party has been in power since 1999 and has been tackling/ spending money on POWER problem since then and there has been no IMPROVEMENT.

I just wonder why bills that are sent to the NA for constitutional amendments etc are not  are centered on bettering the lot of the average Nigerian. You just keep hearing about bills that have no impact on the common man or that addresses pressing issues facing us as a nation.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2011
Lost all respect for this guy
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by gymer(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2011
I support GEJ 100% on this proposal. He will have my vote and support over and over again against the likes of Buhari and Bakare.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by udezue(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2011
Wow!!! GEJ is a standard moronn. Smdh
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2011
If we could get a mahattir muhammed type leader (former malaysian PM) or if GEJ could just be 3/4 of him I wouldn't mind for him to be presido 4life! But sir we see you doing nothing only requesting higher payment for 2 advisers and creating more ministries in a country that is dying as well as going broke. Please wer dem beaf and co? I nid dem reasurance.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by fxtopedia(m): 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
gymer:

I support GEJ 100% on this proposal. He will have my vote and support over and over again against the likes of Buhari and Bakare.

See this weakling apologist!
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by johnjoel(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
i just wether

Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by basadenet: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
The proposal is for d next incoming administration not for him
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
basadenet:

The proposal is for d next incoming administration not for him

we all know that but wats to stop him from being the next president?
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
This guy must think Nigerians are daft
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by ashdre: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
Sorry for my dear country, if this is true.Clueless GEJ
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by 1025: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2011
if we don't use the latest model of regime change in africa, this kind of jonathan can wake up one day and tell us that he wants to be the president and the govs at the same time.
this same jonathan declared emergency in our power sector when he came on board and till now nothing maybe emergency is the same thing as eternity.
we must warm up and get our minds prepared for the egypt style or wait till these pdp criminals lead us into hell.
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
Jonathan just want to bring distraction to the legislators and fellow Nigerians

so as to embezzle enough money.

My Conclusion

HE WANT TO DISTRACT ALL NIGERIANS FOR HIM TO EMBEZZLE MORE MONEY
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by blackbeau1(f): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
as much as i respect and love him,i think this is the most inappropraite time to bring up this matter.he should be more concerned with how to either make borno state whole again or split nigeria
Re: Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 14, 2011
vote for johnathan is a vote for continuity

how will the 'joseph of our time' interpret these dreams of gej?

seven dragons teeth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped / Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. / Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.