Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5501605 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
martinz1:

Ok, thanks, are they English stations
My decoder doesn't use smartcard, so how can one sub for mytv

All these channels as named above are pure FTA
So no need for any subscription nor any smartcard
Smartcard and subscription are required only when you need more

No, they are not all English-speaking channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by opeyemi233: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
House please help, how much is 2.4m (pan) dish in lagos, really need one. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
red-tigerbox.com
Tiger decoder have just one recognise agent in Nigeria. Man is from the North. Most other sellers know him to save the rest.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Miroslavklose: 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
zoboizee:
red-tigerbox.com
Tiger decoder have just one recognise agent in Nigeria. Man is from the North. Most other sellers know him to save the rest.
You're very correct sir.
Just as Sobis in Alaba is the recognized dealership for Strong decoders in Nigeria and Mytv. Sobis offer after sales service only for factory fault. If you take decoder or any strong product to him to complain, he will investigate first to know if it's customer fault or Factory.

All those selling Tiger in Lagos or anywhere else in Nigeria apart from the Northern man approved as Sole dealership buy from him and not known to tiger directly. I've inquired from tiger and they recommended just 1 man

Got this from Alibaba

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Miroslavklose: 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
opeyemi233:
House please help, how much is 2.4m (pan) dish in lagos, really need one. Thanks
Contact Sobis in Alaba.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RealYaks: 12:54am On Jul 06, 2019
Dlee1:
@discjoe,
please I don't want you to see me as if am taking side with davodyguy, I just want this issue to be settled. I believe you know technician that can revive that receiver since you are into that business. I can't say who caused this problem but one thing is certain which is that any electronic can damage at any given time not minding if it is new or old but I urge you to render your help which am suggesting that the cost be paid by both of you but most importantly, I plead with you that you do something urgently about that said receiver. Thanks so much as am waiting patiently to hear from you.

Bro the truth is you've taken sight already, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to whether you don't know anything about electronic business?
Firstly, he isn't the one manufacturing it as well as repairing it as the customer is giving an example of car which is entirely different in this regard.

Secondly, you can't expect him to use the small profit he earned from selling the product or even joining it with the main capital and repair what he deliver to you PERFECTLY WORKING. Bro it doesn't work that way. ��� undecided undecided undecided

@davodyguy we are all aware of how bad our 9ja electricity and worst our second source of energy (generator) is, so we are always leaving with this belief that anything can happen to our electronics anytime. For this, we can't blame it on those who are selling it for us after all this product in particular we all know is Chinco products (we know what we're buying). ���� wink wink cheesy

The only option left for you here is to take it to the shop he suggested to you or you can use the shop that you know they can do it for you better (and remember that all expenses will be on you) don't bother calling him because it's beyond him now. �✌

@discjo STAY CALM PLEASE! There is no need of this long writing � grin grin cheesy sad
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 7:01am On Jul 06, 2019
I did contact him to enable us resolve this amicably which was not wrong either and not putting up a defence in any way.
I don't take sides with anybody,I talk from experience.We are all adults and breadwinners in our various families.Let's respect each other,as we may never know who we are here on nairaland with just our........

We have heard from both parties,@least that I did in good faith,nobody sent me any incentive to do that.Let nairalanders be the judge....

For me I did not start transacting business with him today,and I will still continue,he can even attest to the fact I bring him customers .......

@both parties,let's resolve amicably ,as this was what prompted my inviting him for his own side of the story,as we all know,there is a 2side to every coin.
Cheers.....

Dlee1:
Hello discjoe,
I plead with you that you resolve this issue with davodyguy as soon as possible. Most of us on this thread have not met before and yet we treat each other as if we are from the same family even though that we are from different tribes. We should not let this separate us that we shall be seen taking sides. I know that this thread is not like front page where people insult themselves as if there is no tomorrow and this is why I am asking you to resolve this issue amicably.

I believe that there is no point for you two ( discjoe and davodyguy) to exchanging words here.
I did contact him to enable us resolve this amicably which was not wrong either and not putting up a defence in any way.
I don't take sides with anybody,I talk from experience.We are all adults and breadwinners in our various families.Let's respect each other,as we may never know who we are here on nairaland with just our........

We have heard from both parties,@least that I did in good faith,nobody sent me any incentive to do that.Let nairalanders be the judge....

For me I did not start transacting business with him today,and I will still continue,he can even attest to the fact I bring him customers .......

@both parties,let's resolve amicably ,as this was what prompted my inviting him for his own side of the story,as we all know,there is a 2side to every coin.
Cheers.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2019
RealYaks:

Bro the truth is you've taken sight already, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to whether you don't know anything about electronic business?
Firstly, he isn't the one manufacturing it as well as repairing it as the customer is giving an example of car which
is entirely different in this regard.

Secondly, you can't expect him to use the small profit he earned from selling the product or even joining it with the main capital and repair what he deliver to you PERFECTLY WORKING. Bro it doesn't work that way. ��� undecided undecided undecided

Good morning RealYaks,
like I said earlier on my post that am not taking side but you believed that I did with davodyguy but I want to make it clearly that I have not taken side with him. I have not met him physically and am not from his tribe but one thing I have known for long is that we see ourselves here as one and treat each other as brothers from the same family even though that we are from different tribes but the problem with those who joined us later thought that we behave like those people on the front page who bash and insult themselves with no remorse. The reason why I have been pleading with discjoe to help out is that I strongly believe that he knows who can put the receiver back to life since he is in this kind of business and secondly any business man needs to be sacrificing sometimes. Sacrifices build businesses, relationship, friendship etc but some people don't really know it.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:22am On Jul 06, 2019
Good morning Monlo,
I really appreciate your candid involvement to resolve this issue at hand. Like I posted earlier, I have never meet davodyguy and neither did he contact me to plead with discjoe.

Good morning discjoe,
please am still pleading with you to do something about this issue.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by discjoe: 7:34am On Jul 06, 2019
Thanks everybody for your understanding I have called uzor in alaba that he someone will bring a tiger for him that he should help me resolve it for him I will take part in paying the repair cost with him.but he will be the one to take it there and stay with uzor once he finish they should call me to pay my part and take it back. Uzor is at alaba international century plaza I appreciate all people effort on this like I said I never insulted him I was only telling him to calm down let me explain something to him.but he doesn't want to only saying he wil show me. Thanks once more I appreciate all supports like I said I will pay half of the bills once uzor finish it but if uzor charge 2k I will pay all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 7:36am On Jul 06, 2019
Discjoe and davodguy, you two should calm down and resolve this issue.....no need for this exchange of words, i believe the cost of repair should be shared between the two of you. I really can't place a finger on what made a device that was tested at the point of purchase and working to suddenly go dead but this is electronics so nothing is impossible.

Let's just say the manner of approach employed by both of you were wrong but that's shouldn't be an issue now, emphasis should be on the way forward. But na wah o! So tiger decoders no get warranty? Hmmmm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by discjoe: 7:38am On Jul 06, 2019
Electronics decoder standard this days as been conpromise even our tvs like I said my tv bought nearly 1month only a small thunder just finish it I was like just like that a new. TV I was in dismay I have never had any experience as such in my life I was telling people hisense is a bad tv base on my first experience but some said is not that he as been using it for long well this is electronics world any thing can happen even a TV bought today can die instantly not to talk of a decoder that Chinese are even reducing the quality of the products every day to keep with pace of budget.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by discjoe: 7:40am On Jul 06, 2019
sauceEEP:
Discjoe and davodguy, you two should calm down and resolve this issue.....no need for this exchange of words, i believe the cost of repair should be shared between the two of you. I really can't place a finger on what made a device that was tested at the point of purchase and working to suddenly go dead but this is electronics so nothing is impossible.

Let's just say the manner of approach employed by both of you were wrong but that's shouldn't be an issue now, emphasis should be on the way forward. But na wah o! So tiger decoders no get warranty? Hmmmm
tiger as warranty but the repair center is not in Nigeria is in Kuwait and Jordan but we selling in Nigeria from our international dealer in kaduna can't excercise the warranty here because to build a repair center tiger must reach millions of sales to do that even csat all box in alaba as no warranty except strong
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2019
discjoe:
tiger as warranty but the repair center is not in Nigeria is in Kuwait and Jordan but we selling in Nigeria from our international dealer in kaduna can't excercise the warranty here because to build a repair center tiger must reach millions of sales to do that even csat all box in alaba as no warranty except strong
Ok it's clear now...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by discjoe: 7:47am On Jul 06, 2019
I appreciate all people response expecially Mr dlee1,Mr reeyak thanks sir and everybody seriously I wish I can always replace tiger and ask them to replace for me but tiger is beyond my power that is why I told the man to relax the way he talks we can even blast tiger star international together to find solutions for us in Nigeria I have one a client after 3days too but the problem was signal ic 2hich uzor and I have not seen the ic today. But have sent mails to them to help us send ic. I only taught it was power that is why I said he should take it to oshodi for quick fix not knowing it was board which I still don't believe I know once uzor in alaba handles it am sure it will work
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:12am On Jul 06, 2019
discjoe:
Thanks everybody for your understanding I have called uzor in alaba that he someone will bring a tiger for him that he should help me resolve it for him I will take part in paying the repair cost with him.but he will be the one to take it there and stay with uzor once he finish they should call me to pay my part and take it back. Uzor is at alaba international century plaza I appreciate all people effort on this like I said I never insulted him I was only telling him to calm down let me explain something to him.but he doesn't want to only saying he wil show me. Thanks once more I appreciate all supports like I said I will pay half of the bills once uzor finish it but if uzor charge 2k I will pay all.

@ discjoe,
I really appreciate your response, thanks and God bless you.

Good morning davodyguy,
please I urge you to take the receiver to Uzor at Alaba so that the issue will be resolved.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2019
Dlee1:

@ discjoe,
I really appreciate your response, thanks and God bless you.

Good morning davodyguy,
please I urge you to take the receiver to Uzor at Alaba so that the issue will be resolved.

@davodyguy. The fastest way to kill/corrupt your tiger decoder is to leave a usb flash in it at boot up from time to time. I'm speaking from experience.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sharaff6(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2019
Please Can Someone Update Us On Tstv Latest freq
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by opeyemi233: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2019
sholey4love:

I got it from aliexpress for 22,000 total including shipping
Really wen?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 11:22am On Jul 06, 2019
thank God the issue has been resolved I believe.i beg let go back to normal business,who has nail the new tstv position and pls can 60cm dish do the work Cox what am reading a 90 n av been using 60 b4.udate pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
sharaff6:

Don't border about TSTV for now,still cooking something.............
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Legendguru: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2019
sharaff6:

I hope this help. get back up and move your dish. to 51.5e courtesy nai.j.a c.r .u.x.

60 cm and 90 cm nail the bird

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
discjoe:
I appreciate all people response expecially Mr dlee1,Mr reeyak thanks sir and everybody seriously I wish I can always replace tiger and ask them to replace for me but tiger is beyond my power that is why I told the man to relax the way he talks we can even blast tiger star international together to find solutions for us in Nigeria I have one a client after 3days too but the problem was signal ic 2hich uzor and I have not seen the ic today. But have sent mails to them to help us send ic. I only taught it was power that is why I said he should take it to oshodi for quick fix not knowing it was board which I still don't believe I know once uzor in alaba handles it am sure it will work
This guy is good hearted.

Davodyguy or whatever his name is just a proud and disrespectful individual.

My assertion is from a psychological assesment of all comments so far. He should apologise to discjoe and try to resolve this issue in peace and mutual respect, regardless of age or wealth.

My take.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2019
Legendguru:

I hope this help. get back up and move your dish. to 51.5e courtesy nai.j.a c.r .u.x.

60 cm and 90 cm nail the bird

Good evening good people. Please is TSTv signal still on at the moment?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Legendguru: 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Mourino:

Good evening good people. Please is TSTv signal still on at the moment?

its on but now difficult to track use 90cm for faster tracking
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sharaff6(m): 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
Legendguru:

its on but now difficult to track use 90cm for faster tracking
Have you track it bro ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
Goodday house,pls someone should help with bet9ja satellite position and easy frequency to track.Thanks in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sharaff6(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
eerekake:
Goodday house,pls someone should help with bet9ja satellite position and easy frequency to track.Thanks in advance.
11919 (H) 27500 on Eutelsat 7B, 7.0ºE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
sharaff6:
bet 9ja is on 5e star times position.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
sharaff6:
5e star times position track with 12015 v 27500.Lobatan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sharaff6(m): 6:08am On Jul 07, 2019
sunene1:
bet 9ja is on 5e star times position.
Yeah you are wright bro.. Good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avedonn: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
I've been on the roof trying to track Tstv new position without success. Please are they still on?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.