Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,182 members, 7,943,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:15 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5573910 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Saipro(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
Compliments guys, pls my animal planet- frequency-11952h45000 on dstv is now red (not showing). I have used all avlbe scan on my 69z all to no avail. Also can't recvd most of d HD tps . Only have sshd 123 & dishhd. Guess am still missing on other hds like 4&5 and the movie tps. I nid their tps. My highest tp is 12245@ 89%.

I wish someone would gimme the frequencies for the elusive SS 4&5 in HD. They proved evasive during network scan. Even evaded blind scans.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Saipro:

I wish someone would gimme the frequencies for the elusive SS 4&5 in HD. They proved evasive during network scan. Even evaded blind scans.

Dstv doesnt have SS 4 & 5 HD. They only have

M-net west HD
Discovery HD
MM premier HD
SS 1 HD
SS 2 HD
SS 3 HD.

Q.E.D.

zobo-i-zee:

Compliments guys, pls my animal planet- frequency-11952h45000 on dstv is now red (not showing). I have used all avlbe scan on my 69z all to no avail. Also can't recvd most of d HD tps . Only have sshd 123& dishhd. Guess am still missing on other hds like 4&5 and the movie tps. I nid their tps. My highest tp is 12245@ 89%

And how do u propose to get HD channels on 69Z, a non HD machine. It wouldn't show any picture.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
olenyi:

Dstv doesnt have SS 4 & 5 HD. They only have

M-net west HD
Discovery HD
MM premier HD
SS 1 HD
SS 2 HD
SS 3 HD.

Q.E.D.

And how do u propose to get HD channels on 69Z, a non HD machine. It wouldn't show any picture.

DSTV has the following HD channels
Mprem HD
Mnet HD
StUnv HD
Unv HD
Mfam HD
MAct HD
MAc+ HD
MCom HD
DScHD
SS1HD
SS2HD
SS3HD
SS4HD
AXN HD
IConHD

It depends which region you are. This is DSTV SOUTHERN AFRICA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 7:14am On Jan 08, 2013
@ All, is anybody aware of this? I just discovered and read People's Daily Newspaper on my RX 4940, while fiddling i went to menu---> Entertainment--->Newspaper...voilà...it downloaded People's Daily newspaper cool.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Saipro(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2013
Ilish:

DSTV has the following HD channels
Mprem HD
Mnet HD
StUnv HD
Unv HD
Mfam HD
MAct HD
MAc+ HD
MCom HD
DScHD
SS1HD
SS2HD
SS3HD
SS4HD
AXN HD
IConHD

It depends which region you are. This is DSTV SOUTHERN AFRICA

A ha! You answered my next question before I asked it. I was certain (though KingOfSat get it wrong at times) that Nigerian DSTV doesn't broadcast THAT many HD channels. All's fair. Lately, the combinations of Nilesat & JoyTV with Amos 5 & Eutelsat 16 seem to best DSTV. I may have paid my last quarterly subscription (which I do simply because my wife & her friends love African Magic channels - non of which come in HD)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2013
Apenajide: Pls wats d best frequency 2 track mbc?

11192 v 03210
12728 v 30000

Any one of the two should do.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:55am On Jan 08, 2013
n9jaboy: @ All, is anybody aware of this? I just discovered and read People's Daily Newspaper on my RX 4940, while fiddling i went to menu---> Entertainment--->Newspaper...voilà...it downloaded People's Daily newspaper cool.
yes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 9:01am On Jan 08, 2013
@Olenyi can u drop me your email.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
There will be so many things to enjoy on 16e and 17e if time goes on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:28am On Jan 08, 2013
SULIEMAN3: @all, smbdy was telling me ysterday that there is a way in which some1 can watch some of dstv channels through str decoder and this will lead to the process of buying smth, the thing costs about 6k and place at the back of decoder.
i'm completelly vague about it so i want house to enlighten me more about it. Thanks all.
...Never watch your Nearby/ local pay-tv illegally..using dongle shocked shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:35am On Jan 08, 2013
odilibe: ...Never watch your Nearby/ local pay-tv illegally..using dongle shocked shocked shocked
bt is there anything like that?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2013
Pls house can i track hotbird with 2.4meter pan dish in Onitsha and is there free to air channels there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2013
SULIEMAN3: bt is there anything like that?
Yes there is, that's the dark side of fta
but its not allowed to be discussed openly on fora like this.
Thank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ Olenyi, Bro can you kindly forward to me your email address? Mine is n9jaboy@gmail.c0m. Thanks!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Remmyjex: Pls house can i track hotbird with 2.4meter pan dish in Onitsha and is there free to air channels there.
i need ans gurus
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Remmyjex: i need ans gurus

considering your location that will be difficult
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Remmyjex: i need ans gurus

considering your location that will be difficult................
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
twinskenny:

considering your location that will be difficult................
Thanks my dear,what dish size is good to get d hotbird here in Onitsha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hello guys,Happy new year. 12275 h 11200 currently free on w4.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Pls my pple dongle and cccam which is better, ? pls u can email me icgoldenfish@yahoo.com since i don shit for church. Abeg I will appreciate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
SULIEMAN3: yes.
pls,hw did u go about the settn b4 downloadn it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
olason: Hello guys,Happy new year. 12275 h 11200 currently free on w4.
What channels are there?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oladat:
What channels are there?
sentata n co.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
GUD MORNING GURUS. MY 69X DECODER THAT I BOUGHT SOMETIMES IN SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR DEVELOPED A FAULT LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE AND HAS JUST BEEN REPAIRED BUT THE ENGINEER SAID THE FAULT WAS DUE TO *MYTV* UPGRADING. I DNT WANT THIS TO REPEAT ITSELF SO, I NEED U TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE 2 DO AS A PREVENTIVE MEASURE 4 DIS ISSUE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
profsomebody: GUD EVENING GURUS. MY 69X DECODER DEVELOPED A FAULT AND HAS JUST BEEN REPAIRED BUT THE ENGINEER SAID THE FAULT WAS DUE TO *MYTV* UPGRADING, HE THEN ADVISED ME TO REMOVE MYTV DISH (THE DISH FACING DOWN) FROM THE DISEQC. I HAVE DONE THAT WITH THE HOPE OF AT LEAST BEING ABLE TO WATCH JOY TV AND CO. MA CHALLENGE NOW IS THAT I HEARD THAT MULTI TV HAS MOVED TO ANOTHER SATELLITE. PLS, WICH SATELLITE DO I SCAN TO WATCH MULTI TV? And is it safe if i watch AMOS?

He was not sincere. If it was as a result of "Over The Air " software download, all you need to do is to remove that TP which carries the software MENU > INSTALLATION >OTA MENU......change the satellite and to.....let it be in red and save. Your decoder will never again do an auto OTA.

The satellite has no problem in this regard.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
@all. TING package (CNN International,Al Jazeera English,Setanta Africa ,ITV (Tanzania),
TBC1,Channel Ten,Star TV (Tanzania),KBC Channel 1,Muvi TV,Colors,TBN Africa,Emmanuel TV
) on 36.0°E is clear.Parameters-12275H 11200-3/4 DVB-S2 (QPSK).Enjoy while it lasts.By the way I wish all the wonderful people here a Happy New Year.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
@hon1977. Got it. Will send u a mail now. Regards.

**ps. U could always use the nairaland pm facility to send a msg across to someone.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
n9jaboy: @ Olenyi, Bro can you kindly forward to me your email address? Thanks!

Done.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
@all, I have notice of late a notice of warning from my McAfee antivirus site adviser indicating that the Crosat Wizkid stong site is a dangeous site. Has anyone such experience? Has anyone downloaded any software from the site and used it? if any what was the end result?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2013
Ilish:

He was not sincere. If it was as a result of "Over The Air " software download, all you need to do is to remove that TP which carries the software MENU > INSTALLATION >OTA MENU......change the satellite and to.....let it be in red and save. Your decoder will never again do an auto OTA.

The satellite has no problem in this regard.
TANX, BT WHAT SATELLITE AM I SUPPOSED TO CHANGE TO?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2013
profsomebody: GUD MORNING GURUS. MY 69X DECODER THAT I BOUGHT SOMETIMES IN SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR DEVELOPED A FAULT LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE AND HAS JUST BEEN REPAIRED BUT THE ENGINEER SAID THE FAULT WAS DUE TO *MYTV* UPGRADING. I DNT WANT THIS TO REPEAT ITSELF SO, I NEED U TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE 2 DO AS A PREVENT THIS FROM REPEATING ITSELF.
PLS, COME 2 MA AID

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.