Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,182 members, 7,943,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5573914 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2013
I heard MULTI TV have moved to anoda satellite. Wich satellite is their new location
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by favour112: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2013
simniboma: @all, I have notice of late a notice of warning from my McAfee antivirus site adviser indicating that the Crosat Wizkid stong site is a dangeous site. Has anyone such experience? Has anyone downloaded any software from the site and used it? if any what was the end result?

Two days ago i upgraded my rx,and i got the software from that site,and it went fine.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2013
profsomebody: I heard MULTI TV have moved to anoda satellite. Wich satellite is their new location
false!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:26am On Jan 09, 2013
profsomebody: I heard MULTI TV have moved to anoda satellite. Wich satellite is their new location

Really, u shouldn't be asking this kind of question. I taught u were a regular visistor here.
Multi tv is still dia. Just new frequency 12523 v 19531. Nothing more.

@All. (ESPECIALLY NEWBIES)

It would do u a world of good to bookmark

www.nairaland.com/FTA

on ur browser. Set ur browser to remember ur login password and username so dat u dont stress urself always inputing it anytime u want to log in.

And make it a point of duty to always visit here once a day. If u log in with ur username, dia's a blue tag on each thread telling u of new post's from ur last login.

Endeavour to always read every new post from where u stopped since last time.

It would do u alot of good and prevent u from asking irrelevant questions which someone might have asked and gotten an answer in ur absence.

This continued indifferent attitude of us here whereby we only visit to get answers to our problems and den run away again till next time doesn't do us any good.

Dats why u see many of us here not asking questions. Not because we know it all, but because we take time to read and do our searches with the search facility at the bottom of the page.

Take for instance the week multi tv changed frequency, most ppl didnt know the new one, but by taking time to read thru the posts, they were able to get the new freq, which by now, has being repeated here, about a hundred times. Yet u still see peeps come here to request for dat same freq. angry

We are just behaiving like the proverbial ''fair weather friend'', coming only when we need assisstance and running away thereafter.

I'm not saying we should stop asking questions here. NO!!!
But lets ask intelligent questions. Not asking a question when the answer to dat same question is but 3 posts up. sad

This should do for now.

Regards, olenyi.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi,
that was a good one.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2013
@OLENYI. PLS, PARDON ME. PLS, I AV A PROB. I WENT TO REPAIR MY 69X ND IT WAS TESTED OK B4 I LEFT THE ENGINEER BUT SINCE I BROUGHT IT HOME YESTERDAY, I SCANNED ALL AVAILABLE SATELLITES HN THE LIST BT DIDNT HIT GREEN ON ANY. PLS, HELP. Tanx in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2013
@olenyi, thank u that was a good idea.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2013
profsomebody: @OLENYI. PLS, PARDON ME. PLS, I AV A PROB. I WENT TO REPAIR MY 69X ND IT WAS TESTED OK B4 I LEFT THE ENGINEER BUT SINCE I BROUGHT IT HOME YESTERDAY, I SCANNED ALL AVAILABLE SATELLITES HN THE LIST BT DIDNT HIT GREEN ON ANY. PLS, HELP. Tanx in anticipation.

Did u set ur diseqc settings?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2013
George_D: olenyi,
that was a good one.
SULIEMAN3: @olenyi, thank u that was a good idea.

wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2013
dolpaz:
Yes there is, that's the dark side of fta
but its not allowed to be discussed openly on fora like this.
Thank u
pls asist me through email(omoyisuleiman@gmail.com) thank u very much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi: @hon1977. Got it. Will send u a mail now. Regards.

**ps. U could always use the nairaland pm facility to send a msg across to someone.
Great
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
just for the fun......
imagin this !!!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
hon1977:
Great

Already sent yesterday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
My mbc 3 is now red but zimbo is showing and even 12.015 v 29.950 whats the problem?and also if i input 12.605 v 29.950 it won't be steady green which makes it hard 4 it 2 get channel'i nid help pls'
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
pofolo: just for the fun......
imagin this !!!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by guente02(m): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
pofolo: just for the fun......
imagin this !!!
Lets play...how many dish is in dat picture and what satellite are dey recieveing?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
i counted 18 dishes.
w4, joytv, 68.5east, w7a, 17/16east, 22west....i guess
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi:

Did u set ur diseqc settings?
DNT KNW HOW TO GO BOUT THAT. I HAVE ALREADY REMOVED D CABLE FOR MYTV FROM THE DISECQ AS DIRECTED BY THE ENGINEER TO PREVENT MYTV UPGRADE FROM DESTROYING MY DECODER AGAIN
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chukstaker: My mbc 3 is now red but zimbo is showing and even 12.015 v 29.950 whats the problem?and also if i input 12.605 v 29.950 it won't be steady green which makes it hard 4 it 2 get channel'i nid help pls'

Ur setup is to be blamed.

U cant be getting astra 4a (12015) and expect to have mbc 3. Except ur are very good.

So the solution is to either face ur dish to mbc or astra/sirius 4. One has to go.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
profsomebody: DNT KNW HOW TO GO BOUT THAT. I HAVE ALREADY REMOVED D CABLE FOR MYTV FROM THE DISECQ AS DIRECTED BY THE ENGINEER TO PREVENT MYTV UPGRADE FROM DESTROYING MY DECODER AGAIN

Just as i said, u haven't being following in here. Forget what the so called engineer told u, u can still watch mytv.

Now dis is wat u do.

First, remove ur diseqc switch and run the wire direct from dish to receiver.

press menu button, press ok. Enter 4 zero's if pin is requested. Go down to manaul scan and select.

Press the red recall button on ur remote and look for astra 1N/2abd. Select it and go down to frequency

Now look for 12523 19531 V. If u cant find it, press zero and select add. Enter the values at neccessary places. It should be grenn now. If not, change the ''v'' to ''h''. If it has turned to green, den let me know. If not, let me know. Do this first stage and come back for more.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
I tried repairing it yesterday but i didn't hit green'
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mikewoques: 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
gudaftnun 2 all
PLS how can i TRACK C-band satellite with a 90cm dish ?
If its possible do let me know and HOW TO GO ABOUT IT
Tanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi:

Just as i said, u haven't being following in here. Forget what the so called engineer told u, u can still watch mytv.

Now dis is wat u do.

First, remove ur diseqc switch and run the wire direct from dish to receiver.

press menu button, press ok. Enter 4 zero's if pin is requested. Go down to manaul scan and select.

Press the red recall button on ur remote and look for astra 1N/2abd. Select it and go down to frequency

Now look for 12523 19531 V. If u cant find it, press zero and select add. Enter the values at neccessary places. It should be grenn now. If not, change the ''v'' to ''h''. If it has turned to green, den let me know. If not, let me know. Do this first stage and come back for more.

Regards.
TANX BOSS BT SINCE I HAVE TWO DISHES, WHICH ONE SHOULD I CONNECT TO DECODER? (PLS USE DIRECTION TO DESCRIBE). I CONNECTED D ONE FACING UP BUT IT DIDNT HIT GREEN EVEN AFTER CHANGING POLARIZATION FROM V TO H. TANX BRO. JAH BLESS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
@n9jaboy. Check dis link for srt 4940 software. Upgrade with dis lets see if the problem wwill be solved. Regards.

http://www.satfriends.com/showthread.php/4956-Strong-Firmware/page65

http://www.satfriends.com/download.php/244568-SRT-4940?s=26540a8c416b80a5d5507119176d9002&d=1356738422
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
profsomebody: TANX BOSS BT SINCE I HAVE TWO DISHES, WHICH ONE SHOULD I CONNECT TO DECODER? (PLS USE DIRECTION TO DESCRIBE). I CONNECTED D ONE FACING UP BUT IT DIDNT HIT GREEN EVEN AFTER CHANGING POLARIZATION FROM V TO H. TANX BRO. JAH BLESS

I hope u didn't at anytime touch ur dish.

Also was ur joytv and co showing until the OTA download stuff?

If the answers to (1) is no and (2) is yes, den ur dish might need to be reset.

Ps** what station did the engineer use in testing ur setup. Pm me ur number let me call u. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi: @n9jaboy. Check dis link for srt 4940 software. Upgrade with dis lets see if the problem wwill be solved. Regards.

http://www.satfriends.com/download.php/244568-SRT-4940?s=26540a8c416b80a5d5507119176d9002&d=1356738422
if it works,let us knw.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
favour112:

Two days ago i upgraded my rx,and i got the software from that site,and it went fine.
Thanx very much. I have gone through the notice on my McAfee and it suggest they have not been able to authenticate the source of the site. Thank God we can continue to enjoy the services it provides.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
pofolo: i counted 18 dishes.
w4, joytv, 68.5east, w7a, 17/16east, 22west....i guess
@ pofolo that must be a dish farm 4 real!! But the landlord had to subcharge you for damages if you are tenant in that household.£€$¥#
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
@all My 69Z graded automatically to 2.00. Note, original MYTV update
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
@all My 69Z graded automatically to 2.00. Note, original MYTV update with only youtube and newspaper
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi: @n9jaboy. Check dis link for srt 4940 software. Upgrade with dis lets see if the problem wwill be solved. Regards.

Thank you! Will do that and report to the house 2moro by the grace of God.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
olenyi:

I hope u didn't at anytime touch ur dish.

Also was ur joytv and co showing until the OTA download stuff?

If the answers to (1) is no and (2) is yes, den ur dish might need to be reset.

Ps** what station did the engineer use in testing ur setup. Pm me ur number let me call u. Regards.
THANKS BRO, U CAN REACH ME ON 07063528784 or 08135414691 bt i would rather you dropped your phone number instead so i would be the one to call you. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.