Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,208 members, 7,943,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5573974 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
swordswifter: @Adex and Freshp
You are right guys. It was quite painful taking all the pains to make such detailed posts for the administrators of that site to delete it all. On top of that i always had to be authenticated before i could log in. It just pissed me off. Anyway I'm still around, always learning what i can, when i can and finding new ways to grab those birds out there. I am working on a baby project elsewhere, it's doing well and growing by the day. I am very interested in partnering with some of you guys especially the old Nairalanders. It Technical and business oriented. This is my email; mens.eric@yahoo.com . Olofofo, Badaru, Kungu and all i've forgotten to mention should try and get in touch so we can make it happen BIG. As for Newbies, they will always be there and will always ask questions you've already answered. It's normal.

Last but not the least, as we are all praying for more fta channels this year, lets do our best to do our part in getting some of these Foreign channels down here in Africa. I am starting this campaign with MBC Group of channels. Every Nairalander should at least send them an email a day indicating why it is important they add sub-saharan africa to their list of coverage areas.If we are able to do this, we will actually see a boom in FTA channels in Africa. Hope we all help to make this happen. Link to the site is provided here: http://www.mbc.net/mbc/en/contact-us
Okay man ill contact you as soon as am PC...its hard on a j2me mobile phone. cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
roman001: Ha!ha!ha! Wt w3c,amos5,astra 2f n new dawn sat,i wl choose whc afcon match to watch .
wts new on New dawn?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2013
IRAPADA: pls I need d software or the links to srt4940 firmware that support aac audio
It seems that decoder has no full support from the coders...i wonder why.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
PLS GUYS, I HAVE THE OLDEST STRONG RECEIVER..LOLZ.. AND I WANT TO CHANGE IT SO AS TO ENJOY LIKE U GUYS..
So, MY QUESTION IS: WHICH STRONG RECEIVER MODEL DO I GO FOR?..WHICH IS THE BEST?...
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
Rextab:
wts new on New dawn?
all afcon matches live on tpa1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
Pls has infinity tv move from astra, i cant get them tru blind scan on astra. Wats their new tp. Thank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
Watch out for 12333v27499 mpeg2@w3c16e.it's a feed though.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:08am On Jan 14, 2013
ayolacz: Pls has infinity tv move from astra, i cant get them tru blind scan on astra. Wats their new tp. Thank u
Read back 7-10 page back u will find it there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2013
naijaobi: PLS GUYS, I HAVE THE OLDEST STRONG RECEIVER..LOLZ.. AND I WANT TO CHANGE IT SO AS TO ENJOY LIKE U GUYS..
So, MY QUESTION IS: WHICH STRONG RECEIVER MODEL DO I GO FOR?..WHICH IS THE BEST?...
Thanks.
srt 4922hd #10,500,srt4930hd #17,500,and alot mpeg4 model on strong & variety of models
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2013
@Hacked. Can u please throw more light on the new RED LINE DECODER. How does it work? What makes it different from other FTA decoders? And where can one buy it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:36am On Jan 14, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:52am On Jan 14, 2013
odilibe: shocked shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2013
Jackobite: srt 4922hd #10,500,srt4930hd #17,500,and alot mpeg4 model on strong & variety of models
where can i get 4922 for #11k 4 lagos or ibadan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2013
Stevolat: where can i get 4922 for #11k 4 lagos or ibadan
salvation army road @ ib
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 11:10am On Jan 14, 2013
Jackobite: salvation army road @ ib

Show the Light Venture..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2013
Jackobite: srt 4922hd #10,500,srt4930hd #17,500,and alot mpeg4 model on strong & variety of models
ok bro thanks..i guess the best then is srt 4930
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
olushaggy:

Show the Light Venture..
plz is 4922hd have dongle option
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
Akinige: plz is 4922hd have dongle option

I am talking about srt4930L stuff alone
which has Ethernet port, HDMI, & 2 usb ports..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
@ all,
i noticed there have been a drastic reduction in multi tv signal strenght and the quality of their picture.
consistent skiping and loss of signal.......
is it also like that at your end?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
@pofolo,
No not at all. My Multi-Tv signal is still as high as can be at 97%.

Better check your set up. Maybe your dish has shifted.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
freshp:
Okay man ill contact you as soon as am PC...its hard on a j2me mobile phone. cheesy

Thanks freshp,
I got your message and will do likewise

pofolo: @ all,
i noticed there have been a drastic reduction in multi tv signal strenght and the quality of their picture.

@Pofolo
It's the same everywhere. I don't know if some elements are beginning to view them as worthy competitors and have started jamming their signals or what. I don't really know but whatever it is, they need to fix it fast.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 1:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
George_D: @pofolo,
No not at all. My Multi-Tv signal is still as high as can be at 97%.

Better check your set up. Maybe your dish has shifted.

@George_D,
What is the size of your dish?

Basically the reason i am inquiring is that a have a three in one combination on a 90cm dish which includes Intelsat Newdawn,Eutelsat 36B and Astra 2B/2F. Now my signal for all the multi-tv channels were good up until a few weeks back when it started to fluctuate. Now if it is a shift in the dish, then all the other satellites including Eutelsat 36B and Intelsat Newdawn should also be experiencing signal drops or similar fluctuations but this is not the case. Moreover there are other users who are also complaining of the same issue. That is the main reason why i shudder to think it's as a result of a shift in dish position and hence my asking which dish size you are using.

If maybe you experienced a similar thing and had solved it by re-aligning your dish, then it might only go to prove that at most the Satellite carrier or SES Astra has re-aligned their bird by a couple of degrees. In that case we all get the understanding and start heading to our roofs. Thanks and Awaiting your input.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
swordswifter:

@George_D,
What is the size of your dish?

I was about asking the same question, cause on my 85cm dish, it freezes like no mans land.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
olushaggy:

I am talking about srt4930L stuff alone
which has Ethernet port, HDMI, & 2 usb ports..
Note that the back port is not usb port,is for usb dongle and usb modem,you prug your modem on it direct and configure it to internet,no need of router,very wonderful option,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hie Gurus
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
R all these in the southern african beam? what is your location plz?[/quote]

Yes Bra all these in southern Africa I'm actually in Victoria Falls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
gadotor: Note that the back port is not usb port,is for usb dongle and usb modem,you prug your modem on it direct and configure it to internet,no need of router,very wonderful option,thank you

No prob..
[url]http://www.strong-technologies.com/Products/Details/SRT%204930L[/url]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Akinige: plz is 4922hd have dongle option
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Saipro:

. . . . if only you'd let us know your region of abode. I'm personally interested in the Sat you pull the SABCs from.
I'm in Zimbabwe my brother For interest's sake the satellites are Parksat 1R, Arabsat 5c these 2are are C-Band then then there is Pas7/10ku, Amos5, Eutesat w3a and Eutelsat 7e and i hve 4 dishes 2x180cm for C-band satellites and amos 5 and 1x90cm for Mbc and mgm then obviously 60cm for Pas7/10. Hope this puts a clearer pic.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
pofolo:

I was about asking the same question, cause on my 85cm dish, it freezes like no mans land.

very stable here down Southern Africa ....getting both multitv and kktv at 98% on my 1.8m offset with modified Fuji stargold lnb with feedhorn.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=Ilish]

very stable here down Southern Africa ....getting both multitv and kktv at 98% on my 1.8m offset with modified Fuji stargold lnb with feedhorn.[/quote

@Ilish where are u located in southern africa?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
pofolo: @ all,
here in enugu..its 97%... I use d net dish tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (2356) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.