Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,527 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5510426 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 8:39pm On May 30, 2013
Helloooooo Dr.Olenyi and other FTA GURUS, can you demonstrate by picture or words, how I can track both Astra 4a @4.8E(Etv) and W3a @7E(MBC) on one 90cm dish? Also,how Astr2f 28.2E(Multi Tv) and Amos5 @17E can both be tracked on 90cm dish? Please I just want you to show me how the LNBFs will be arranged on the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 10:42pm On May 30, 2013
@GH-One Thanks alot for all the info about Irib package more grease to your elbow & all those that are familier with tracking Irib package Pls i need your help about the Number to tight the bolt of the round plate of Cband Lnb on. bear in mind the throat has 42, 40, 38, 36. written on it,Pls at what Number should i tight it before tracking? The dielectric plate, i place it inside as adviced but close to the edge of the Lnb or should i push it deep abit? Pls help thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2013
@ swordswifter the testing on srt 4910hd has enter it 2nd week of 5hrs a day test runs with inplug cooling system
and it perform greatly,it can also handled infinity package frequency of symbol rate of 45000......@ swordswifter drop ur number in my mails to further info on this revive project of yours. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 8:10pm On May 31, 2013
Jackobite: @ swordswifter the testing on srt 4910hd has enter it 2nd week of 5hrs a day test runs with inplug cooling system
and it perform greatly,it can also handled infinity package frequency of symbol rate of 45000......@ swordswifter drop ur number in my mails to further info on this revive project of yours. thanks
....And some misguided fella thinks its a dead stb...quick to condemn a bright idea ...weldone jakobite...you. are setting the pace
@swordswifter...its a new begining...grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mallamovye(m): 9:21pm On May 31, 2013
freshp:
....And some misguided fella thinks its a dead stb...quick to condemn a bright idea ...weldone jakobite...you. are setting the pace
hello, pls will ait air mexico vs nigeria?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:24pm On May 31, 2013
freshp:
.@ freshp that what people were made-up of The Good,The Bad and The Ugly,so where i belong it depends on people perspective towards me but u cant please everyone.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:26pm On May 31, 2013
Jackobite: @ swordswifter the testing on srt 4910hd has enter it 2nd week of 5hrs a day test runs with inplug cooling system

@ Jackobite,
That's good news my brother. Post me your email here and i will get in touch with you. I will reply you as soon as i get your message. There are some other tricks i will let you know when we communicate. There is another version(i think)of the last software that was received for this receiver that i'm testing now. I will send it to you when i'm done. As for symbol rates, the srt4910 hd can handle any at all so long as there is a signal on it. It's just that it's blindscan can sometimes misbehave on some satellites but input the frequency manually and you are good to go. I'm also happy to say the second phase of my modification is complete. The receiver is now a full PVR HD decoder with a 1TB harddisk installed in it. That is about 500hrs of recording time whiles the highest offered by similar factory models is only 125hrs recording time. Work was completed 12am yesternight and i'm so far happy with the results. Details will follow soon.

For those asking about the srt4930L, it's Strong's first generation Linux receiver. The fact that it's linux gives you so much freedom to experiment with it. However just like all first generation products, you can't have everything running so perfectly like all the other linux receivers that have been on the market for so long. On the other hand if you are cool with custom applications from factory, you should be ok with it since they test the softwares day in and day out. It is 3rd party applications you should be careful about.
But,......
Just like the beginnings of everything, it takes time to grow in strength. Personally if i want to go for a linux receiver, i will actually be looking forward to their second generation linux receivers. That way most complains, if there are any would have been sorted at the production line. As it is, i've not tested it too but i hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gentlelexis: 12:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Pls can someone help me with FTA settings to watch live football on multy-TV?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 2:51am On Jun 01, 2013
eagle v mexico live and direct on daar sat ait network enjoy while is last

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2013
@Swordswifter goodmorning it will be a wonderful new month 4u and Good fella out here!E-mail jackobite02@yahoo.com keep waving the possibilities @ ur finger tip let the doughting thomas keep screaming/wondering how it is done.@ Adex70 how things you must be on sabatical leave by now! God bless you ALL.FTA VIVA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2013
gentlelexis: Pls can someone help me with FTA settings to watch live football on multy-TV?
12522/v or h 19531
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 10:10am On Jun 01, 2013
swordswifter:
For those asking about the srt4930L, it's Strong's first generation Linux receiver. The fact that it's linux gives you so much freedom to experiment with it. However just like all first generation products, you can't have everything running so perfectly like all the other linux receivers that have been on the market for so long. On the other hand if you are cool with custom applications from factory, you should be ok with it since they test the softwares day in and day out. It is 3rd party applications you should be careful about.
But,......
Just like the beginnings of everything, it takes time to grow in strength. Personally if i want to go for a linux receiver, i will actually be looking forward to their second generation linux receivers. That way most complains, if there are any would have been sorted at the production line. As it is, i've not tested it too but i hope this helps.
Thanks so much man. I appreciate ur insight. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
grin grin grin happy new month to y'all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
freshp: grin grin grin happy new month to y'all.

Thanks bros
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Omoakin5(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
Gud day my pple my faaji is not working nd forti tv also.and also all dis tp are red 12.215h27500,11.800 nd 12.335.pls wat happen?or it is my own dish dat hav fault?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Omoakin5(m): 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Omoakin5: Gud day my pple my faaji is not working nd forti tv also.and also all dis tp are red 12.215h27500,11.800 nd 12.335.pls wat happen?or it is my own dish dat hav fault?
my guy d faaji is back but those tp are yet not working
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
any impovement on 7 degrees west mena programmes please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
i stumble upon this in the tech market... might be useful for some one you in search of multi lnb holder

https://www.nairaland.com/1017724/latest-tech-multi-lnb-satellite

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
trackin sats wit srt4922A is like looking left and right @ d same tym for me. Imagine, i use to do dis wit ease(hittin green wit my 4653X) until thunder fried my box and lnb. How do i get dis machine to co-operate. Just bought it !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
iykmora: trackin sats wit srt4922A is like looking left and right @ d same tym for me. Imagine, i use to do dis wit ease(hittin green wit my 4653X) until thunder fried my box and lnb. How do i get dis machine to co-operate. Just bought it !
the box is good for hunting unlike 4329. It can pick signal easily while moving the dish. You just need to use it more.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2013
twinskenny: i stumble upon this in the tech market... might be useful for some one you in search of multi lnb holder

https://www.nairaland.com/1017724/latest-tech-multi-lnb-satellite
how I wish such things will come down to the east.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2013
auchs:
the box is good for hunting unlike 4329. It can pick signal easily while moving the dish. You just need to use it more.

ok bro, i guess i have to choose manual scan and input d TP wit max quality to hit green aiight? I've not been able to hit green. Could a new lnbf be faulty?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
iykmora:
ok bro, i guess i have to choose manual scan and input d TP wit max quality to hit green aiight? I've not been able to hit green. Could a new lnbf be faulty?

Seems u are not so proficient in tracking. How were u tracking before if not with manual scan?

Ur lnb is ok. Use manual scan and input a good frequency.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jackobite: @Swordswifter goodmorning it will be a wonderful new month 4u and Good fella out here!E-mail jackobite02@yahoo.com keep waving the possibilities @ ur finger tip let the doughting thomas keep screaming/wondering how it is done.@ Adex70 how things you must be on sabatical leave by now! God bless you ALL.FTA VIVA

@ Jackobite,
You've got mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Abeg guys. My multitv is doin magic. It stoppd showin and wen I connectd it directly to d decoder it worked bt wen I put it in d disc switch it stoppd workin. I now connectd it directly 2 d decoda.it isnt showin again . @0 percent quality nd strength
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
olenyi:

Seems u are not so proficient in tracking. How were u tracking before if not with manual scan?

Ur lnb is ok. Use manual scan and input a good frequency.

Regards.
hmmmm...how i track b4? Wit manual scan ofcourse. Now how about dis. I took my box to a friends place and scanned w4/w7 wit quality of 88% but when i choose manual scan on same TP, d quality reverted to 28% and back to 88% when i exit manual. Hope u get me now?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
iykmora: hmmmm...how i track b4? Wit manual scan ofcourse. Now how about dis. I took my box to a friends place and scanned w4/w7 wit quality of 88% but when i choose manual scan on same TP, d quality reverted to 28% and back to 88% when i exit manual. Hope u get me now?

Try dis

http://www.4shared.com/rar/M5E-vNl_/SRT4920_NewGui_124p_130528.html

Or from persian whizkid and see what happens.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Jackobite,
You've got mail.
hi goodmorning happy new wk,Resend the mail Bro!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2013
Jackobite: hi goodmorning happy new wk,Resend the mail Bro!

It's not in yet. But i'd check later. For the mean time i think i have to prepare the write-up on the harddisk installation. Will post it soon.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 10:07am On Jun 03, 2013
A 2sat lnb on a single dish ( 60, 90 n 1m ), for w4 and multi tv
no need for tapes, wires and less stress. just track one of w4 or joytv and the other pops up automatically once connected to a diseqc
...... innovation i say

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2013
pofolo: A 2sat lnb on a single dish ( 60, 90 n 1m ), for w4 and multi tv
no need for tapes, wires and less stress. just track one of w4 or joytv and the other pops up automatically once connected to a diseqc
...... innovation i say
pls what is the name of d lnb & price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.