Stats: 3,189,509 members, 7,937,470 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5569246 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2011
srt 4669z users should note that there are two update tag 111. the first 111 20110725 released in July does not have the ability to deal with the DSTV card issue. the new one 111 20110922 released on the 22nd September deals effectively with the DSTV card. follow the links as given on page 43 by geefivez and pidzo and you have the right update
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2011
Yes #45000 is for 1 year and receiver .thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olawale86(m): 6:10am On Sep 24, 2011
@all don't even border urself of sharing 2 srt 4663 with d new software it 'll work but all the real ch will nt work nd i knw wat u can do if u want 2 share cheek my past post 2 get my num or i should post it here my elder, mr olofofo and other am waitin ur reply?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 9:37am On Sep 24, 2011
Olawale86,please can i have ur phone number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donaremu(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2011
Hello all,

Thanks for the support, I have upgrade my decode and all DSTV stations are working. Again, thanks to all gurus in house.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2011
Sirs,
PLEASE I NEED YOUR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST STRONG DECODER SOFTWARE FOR SRT 4669X BUT I DISCOVERED THAT MY DECODER IS SHOWING YELLOW MYTV HOMEPAGE WHEN YOU PUT IT ON UNLIKE BEFORE UPGRADING IT IT WAS SHOWING THE WHITISH STRONG HOMEPAGE.

PLEASE SIRS IN THE HOUSE.WHAT CAN I DO ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ask1509(m): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
its normal, there is no cause for alarm. It is becos the stb is for africa mytv, u can leave it like that. If u really nid the formal startup page, revert back to previous software. And stop posting questions in uppercase, its against the rules. Viva fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
jayboskie7:

Sirs,
PLEASE I NEED YOUR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST STRONG DECODER SOFTWARE FOR SRT 4669X BUT I DISCOVERED THAT MY DECODER IS SHOWING YELLOW MYTV HOMEPAGE WHEN YOU PUT IT ON UNLIKE BEFORE UPGRADING IT IT WAS SHOWING THE WHITISH STRONG HOMEPAGE.

PLEASE SIRS IN THE HOUSE.WHAT CAN I DO ?
what matters to you is that the your box can play dstv and still retain the functions of the old firmware. If you still need the white firmware boot display, you should upgrade back to your old firmware as advised by ask1509.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
ask1509,
Thanks for your response.God bless you real gud.i will not use uppercase for my posting.Gurus in the house,please accept my apology.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2011
@ George_D, @all
I fried two original black face SRT 4663x today during an upgrading process using the two stb files extracted from a rar file for each of the box. Please what could be the reasons for the frying of the two original strong boxes. There was no power break during the upgrading. It is an issue of serious concern to me today. I have upgraded the two decoders before.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2011
@auchs,

The 4663X dstv patch has long been tested by a great majority without any problems whatsoever.

Either you're using the wrong STB or there's something wrong with your patching process. I advise to
get the latest 4669X dstv patch and forget about that of 63X.

Sorry about your loss.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2011
@ George_D
my technician told me that my usb is corrupted by a virus or that my .stb file is corrupted. He said that any of the above reasons can cause the frying. Meanwhile, I checked my usb flash and I beheld an unwanted file named mp3. I couldn't doubt him. I never taught that your ware caused the havoc because many tested it and approved it. I was thinking about the possible cause of me frying a box for the first time. I will soon report to the forum on the most secured way to upgrade a box. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
@ Auch, I really sympatise with you oh. My 69x was successful yesterday. Are you sure that those reciever are not fake? I usually buy any strong product from sobis who is one of the leading Mytv distributor and who will not compromise by selling fake product as original product.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gangsta101(m): 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2011
Auchs,

Your technician is most definitely right. The stb file was corrupted during the transfer process and you loaded the corrupted file, which of course corrupted the decoder. The good news is that you can reload the software via rs232 crossed cable from the laptop or another set top box and you are good to go.
Also, next time, be careful about using the word 'fried'. usually it brings the image of permanent electrical damage usually from a high voltage spike. this is software related and is easily fixed (i believe the word used for failed firmware updates is 'bricked'). google rs232c cable transfer and see if you can find anything.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2011
George_D thanx for email i have get another disc for mytv,pls i want to upgrade my decoder 4669z, pls how can i do it
or if you can re far me to where i can see the pdf .thanx this my mail ake197477@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2011
@gadotor ,pls i want to upgrade my decoder 4669z pls how can i do it
or if you can re far me to where i can see the pdf .or if you send it to me pls.this my mail ake197477@yahoo.co.uk.thanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aroseyi(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
pofolo:

@ aro,
post yours n i'l giv u a beep.

@ all,
d software open all old dstv cards not minding d version (provided it is NOT married) and has a VALID subscription status. It also comes with d patch option . Enjoy.
@pofolo, 08062272279 thks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dbryth(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2011
rahsumt:

@gadotor ,pls i want to upgrade my decoder 4669z pls how can i do it
or if you can re far me to where i can see the pdf .or if you send it to me pls.this my mail ake197477@yahoo.co.uk.thanx

First use the link below to verify is your decoder is genuine strong.If it is you can go ahead and use the the other link to download your update,
http://www.mytvportal.net/stronggenuine.aspx

Use the link below to download the update for your 4669z
[url]http://www.persiangig.com/pages/download/?dl=http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Patch%204%20Africa/SRT4669Z_ALL_MyTV_111p_20110922.zip[/url]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
[quote done everything I can with my 65cm dish and 12437V23437 and Hi tv is refusing to pop green. wetin dey happen
[quote][/quote]
This should be your answer 12437 h 23437
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2011
Gangsta101:

Auchs,

Your technician is most definitely right. The stb file was corrupted during the transfer process and you loaded the corrupted file, which of course corrupted the decoder. The good news is that you can reload the software via rs232 crossed cable from the laptop or another set top box and you are good to go.
Also, next time, be careful about using the word 'fried'. usually it brings the image of permanent electrical damage usually from a high voltage spike. this is software related and is easily fixed (i believe the word used for failed firmware updates is 'bricked'). google rs232c cable transfer and see if you can find anything.
@ Gangsta101
Thanks for your comments. My technician just advised me to always do the computer to box transfer using rs232 instead of using usb flash to box transfer for optimum security during transfer.
The issue is that both my laptop and desktop does not have 9 pin port. Can I get rs232 to usb cable anywhere? For the rs232 to rs232 cable cross wire which head can i use to connect to the computer? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2011
Gangsta101:

Auchs,

@ Gangsta101
Thanks for your comments. My technician just advised me to always do the computer to box transfer using rs232 instead of using usb flash to box transfer for optimum security during transfer.
The issue is that both my laptop and desktop does not have 9 pin port. Can I get rs232 to usb cable anywhere? For the rs232 to rs232 cable cross wire which head can i use to connect to the computer? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2011
@ Auchs.
Any options given to you is ok, I think you really need to make sure your laptop or any system you are using is virus free
and if possible scan or format your usb drive before transferring anything onto it for your decoder. If you have problem getting
rs232 the device left is the usb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
dbryth:

First use the link below to verify is your decoder is genuine strong.If it is you can go ahead and use the the other link to download your update,
http://www.mytvportal.net/stronggenuine.aspx

Use the link below to download the update for your 4669z
[url]http://www.persiangig.com/pages/download/?dl=http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Patch%204%20Africa/SRT4669Z_ALL_MyTV_111p_20110922.zip[/url]

thanx for the information on it, i have check and upgrade my 4669z decoder successful thank guys.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2011
@George-d firstly thanks for all u have been doing 4 all &the forum since season 1 till now may u continue to soar in wisdom, i have issue concerning my nile 4 some months now it has refuse to pop up in the after noon or day time, 11823 always pop up at 6pm while 11938 mbc come at 7pm with 48% and increase to 56% by 9pm. Iam still on 2.4 solid pan & eurovition lnb, what do u advise to do to make me have them @day time thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gangsta101(m): 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2011
I guess i didn't really give you enough info.
1. you can use usb to rs232 cable, then attach a 'normal' rs232 cable. if it isn't crossed (which i expect it isn't) in order for you to cross it, you have to go back through the nairaland pages to find a post by baba egun ( i think ) about which colours to cut and cross.
2. the most usual causes of corrupeted files are a.) Bad usb device, a chinese made flash drive which cannot handle large data will copy wrongly and cause problems. b.) Viruses, though less common, they are possible, i believe you made reference to a false mp3 file, its possible you have a virus that alters you file. u will of course have to upgrade or change your antivirus. there is one from microsoft, i believe its called microsoft essential security, its good and lightweight.
1. Usb still remains the easiest way to upgrade, nothing like the best. a wrong file will still cause problems if you load it via rs232. its just that once it is bricked, that is the only way you can go.

Keep us posted on how it goes. cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldeedon(m): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
@all does this decoder upgrade boost signal strenght?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olubabajc(m): 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
@all
Plz i hav a problem with my dstv i left it for about 2months when i came back 2 it all d channels werent showin except dish and cctv. D ait nta ltv stv all gone plz what can i do?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
@babajc
are u sure that you still have any valid subscription.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olawale86(m): 5:12am On Sep 25, 2011
jayboskie7:

Olawale86,please can i have your phone number
u can call me on dis 08091018884?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:36am On Sep 25, 2011
Adex70:

@George-d firstly thanks for all u have been doing 4 all  &the forum since season 1 till now may u continue to soar in wisdom, i have issue concerning my nile 4 some months now it has refuse to pop up in the after noon or day time, 11823 always pop up at 6pm while 11938 mbc come at 7pm with 48% and increase to 56% by 9pm. Iam still on 2.4 solid pan & eurovition lnb, what do u advise to do to make me have them @day time thanks.

@Adex,
You may need to re-align your dish. But before doing that check your LNB throat and make sure its not covered by cobwebs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)