Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,628 members, 7,941,415 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5572109 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emexi: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
@all . am giving away my 1.8m dish and  the superjack. so if your in enugu  and you really want it .come pick them .holla me on 08066684380
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kuntash: 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
gadotor:

@kuntash Contact me on 00233203558708 if you need the 9z.thank you

That's not naija nos I presume, called Sobis n they sell N14,500 , I would spend time on traffic buying from them,
How much r u offering sir ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ Dodo Sorry bro, i will fix it very soon
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
Sophieamore1:

IT LOOKS LIKE CAMEROUN IS ALSO FILLED UP WITH FAKE PRODUCTS, BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING OF FAKE PRODUCTS ALSO.

Affirmative, sir! U’re right about that. Most of what we have here in the form of fta boxes are fakes courtesy of the naija guys who serve as dealers in these products given that they have access to the market plying the route Yaounde/Douala – Onitsha/Lagos. I don’t have to remind you that only 3 countries in Africa have official outlets for the sales of genuine Strong boxes and to the best of my knowledge cameroon is not one of them (naija, ghana and zambia) and until I got burnt by the after effect of box updating, I wasn’t aware of the difference between a fake and a genuine box,  price is supposed to serve as the first give away for anyone intending to acquire any of these boxes.

@All:
If I am right, then without visiting the Strong-tech website to authenticate your strong 4669Xii box, just check on the serial number on he white patch on the derriere of your box. If you have 4669Xii then it is an original box. If it is 4669XII, shiiiiit, na … fake!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kuntash: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^ thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
@All
why do we always want to create problems where they dont exist!?!?!?!

enuff of all these . . . . please!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
emexi:

@all . am giving away my 1.8m dish and  the superjack. so if your in enugu  and you really want it .come pick them .holla me on 08066684380
*God loves a cheerful giver* cool grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
odilibe:

*God loves a cheerful giver* cool grin
I 100% agree o o o grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sathob(m): 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
It's about time when people mess up you let them know frankly that hey man you messed up. What has one's location or nationality got to do with authenticating a product. Strong, on their website recommends verifying the genuinity of receivers that carry their tradmark and to achieve this they have started with some models one of which is 69z.

Whether you purchased your receiver from their office, accredted distributor, wherever or from whoever, they recommend you do it. This is not to say a particular dealer is not trustworthy.

Ok! what if one of a trusted dealer's sales boy has black deals and decides to hide under the good name of his master to promote his mischieves, wouldn't what iron suggested save a customer his dough?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 7:04am On Oct 13, 2011
sathob:

It's about time when people mess up you let them know frankly that hey man you messed up. What has one's location or nationality got to do with authenticating a product. . . . .
. . . Ok! what if one of a trusted dealer's sales boy has black deals and decides to hide under the good name of his master to promote his mischieves, wouldn't what iron suggested save a customer his dough?
it it why i said

freshp:

@All
why do we always want to create problems where they dont exist!?!?!?!

enuff of all these   . . . . please!!!

lets always forge ahead. . .not to be retrogressive at every opportunity.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2011
Amazing! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2011
sathob:

It's about time when people mess up you let them know frankly that hey man you messed up. What has one's location or nationality got to do with authenticating a product. Strong, on their website recommends verifying the genuinity of receivers that carry their tradmark and to achieve this they have started with some models one of which is 69z.

Whether you purchased your receiver from their office, accredted distributor, wherever or from whoever, they recommend you do it. This is not to say a particular dealer is not trustworthy.

Ok! what if one of a trusted dealer's sales boy has black deals and decides to hide under the good name of his master to promote his mischieves, wouldn't what iron suggested save a customer his dough?

@Sathob:

Hello man, how u dey? I may be wrong but if I am right then your above quoted post was made with reference to my post and if that is the case then you've got to read my post again. If I have to explain it to you then what I was implying is simply that if we do have fakes in strong decoders as Sophie mentioned in his post it is as a result of the fakes brought in by our dealers since we in Cameroon don't have a direct link with Strong outlets given that only Nigeria, Ghana and Zambia are thus blessed.

About authentication of decoders, I was trying to help people as a result of my own xperience to get genuine boxes even when they go to buy not after they must have picked up a fake! I hope this will put pay to any other issues on this subject. have a nice day.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2011
@Iron2011
Are you there bro. When are we going to , ? cool cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
@SATHOB,
WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT IF YOU ALSO WANT TO BUY AN LG LCD TV SET FROM THE OFFICIAL LG WAREHOUSE, AFTER BUYING IT YOU WILL GO TO THEIR WEBSITE TO VERIFY IF IT IS FAKE, BECAUSE YOU FEEL ONE OF THE WORKERS IN THE SHOWROOM MIGHT HAVE SNEAKED A FAKE TV IN.
WOW I TOUGHT WE WERE CIVILIZED.
@LOVALA,
THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sathob(m): 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
@lovala
I dey cool as ice, man! my post was not directed at you. Give it a careful loook by reading from the previous page and you will get the direction of my post.

Sophieamore1:

@SATHOB,
WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT IF YOU ALSO WANT TO BUY AN LG LCD TV SET FROM THE OFFICIAL LG WAREHOUSE, AFTER BUYING IT YOU WILL GO TO THEIR WEBSITE TO VERIFY IF IT IS FAKE, BECAUSE YOU FEEL ONE OF THE WORKERS IN THE SHOWROOM MIGHT HAVE SNEAKED A FAKE TV IN.
WOW I TOUGHT WE WERE CIVILIZED.
@LOVALA,
THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Yes! Indeed we are civilzed, does that rule out security, does that rule out protecting your consumers? Girl, why are you generalizing this- it's a problem specific issue. authenticating your receiver is an initiative by Strong Technologies as a measure, at least to help consumers know what they have traded thier money for.
Fine, you may take chances by the fact that you purchased your receiver from XYZ accredited shop so authenticating your receiver isn't a case.
But I welcome the idea from strong-technologies to authenticate any receiver amongst the models listed here _http://www.mytvportal.net/stronggenuine.aspx
Also, take a look at the banner I have attached, it's clear on their website. How do you do that, one way of doing it is what we are discussing now.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ pidzo im here live and coloured. My mails were not coming. they are always rejected.

@ Sathob well-spoken but i think let those of us who think strong products should be verified move on and help those who are ready for it. For those who think maybe they are buying it from strong office in Dubai so there is no need to verify it also keep their faith.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
This trasponder on DSTV (11941 H 27500) is unencrypted. Enjoy it while it last. Viva fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 12:44am On Oct 14, 2011
Confirmed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:56am On Oct 14, 2011
@Iron2011
Well said about receiver verification issue. I will send another email address for you to use 24/7 since you always complain that your mail always returns. I always cherish your mail bro and may the spirits of our ancestors bless you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
Wahala dey
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2011
enof of dis insult in d house b4 i, boko haram somebody
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
l all and does who are using dm800se hd and strong srt 4910 hd should tell the one is best in picture,cardsharing and on screen display or fixtures.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
gadotor:

l all and does who are using dm800se hd and strong srt 4910 hd should tell the one is best in picture,cardsharing and on screen display or fixtures.thank you

ou dont need to compare bro, dm is above the other!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
D.lee:

This trasponder on DSTV (11941 H 27500) is unencrypted. Enjoy it while it last. Viva fta.
are those stations still on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
For those of you who are on AB3, CANAL 2 and CANAL 2 INFOS have just started on that satellite. CANAL 2 mixes their program with english and french while CANAL 2 INFOS does only french program. Its tp is 4.135 H 2.221. It has the highest signal strength (97%) on my reciever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
astanco:

are those stations still on
No, they have been encrypted.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
D.lee:

For those of you who are on AB3, CANAL 2 and CANAL 2 INFOS have just started on that satellite. CANAL 2 mixes their program with english and french while CANAL 2 INFOS does only french program. Its tp is 4.135 H 2.221. It has the highest signal strength (97%) on my reciever.

@D.lee
Tank u very much ma broda. Been looking forward so very much to the comeback of Canal2 International. My guess is that the AB3 broadcast of these two is DVB-S2. It means that any moment from now Canal2 Inter will find its way back into the Astra4a fold. They broadcast from Douala, Cameroon. The quality is pretty high although my reception here is hitting 92.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
[are those stations still on]
the channels have been ncripted but two are stiil fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2011
gadotor:

Why the comparism,dm800se is far better in all aspects of cardsharing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phizman(m): 1:39am On Oct 15, 2011
Dove Vision and TVC now on FTA, jst scan ur decoder.

In addition, any1 wanting to cargo his/her CTL decoder at considerable amt or direct swap 4 my DSTV complete set, shld contact me on philipigbinoba@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phizman(m): 2:09am On Oct 15, 2011
DSTV channel 100 "Dish on TV" on FTA decoders, e.g hitv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dsleezy: 5:29am On Oct 15, 2011
Goodmorning good people.pls i would like to know if i'm the only one having low signal problem on eutelsat w6.my arydia&2m tp:11653v15714 has been been desperately cracking at 47%.also all the etv feeds i used to watch on astra 4a have gone red.i am on motorised 1.8m pan.pls respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.