Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,185 members, 7,932,033 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:42 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5564153 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2011
Originally Posted by msondaa
5:30am. Wake up after dreamless short sleep and on the way to the bathroom set the reciever to blindscan all the sats i am connected to.
5:55am. While having breakfast scroll through the channel list to see if the blindscan has been fruitfull.
6:10am. On the road heading to work, usual traficjam, time to log into po, r sat. forums to find out what has been posted during the night.
7.30am-12:30pm work, work, work.
12:30-2:00pm. During lunch visit the sat.forums again and ask or answer a question.
2-5pm. Work .
6pm. Home at last. Blindscan all the sats again, surf through all the channels, get the urge to fine tune an lnb to increase quality, get up on the roof and succeed in loosing the signal completly, spend the next 1hr on the roof hunting for the signal which i finally manage to get back to the same quality that i had before the tinkering. Back inside the house and the same cycle is repeated again. Blindscan, channel surf to see if theres anything worth viewing, stumble on a movie you've never seen get hooked on it up to its entirety, begin watching movie no 2 for the night and promptly passout on the sofa after 15 minutes. The mosquitoes have a feast on my exposed skin and i finally regain consiousness at 3am and before i find my way to bed in the dark, i log into rdi to read the new posts. Sometimes i read about new channels and guess what, and instead of going to sleep i start another blindscan and you know the cycle.
This mental disorder is called A.S.A.S. (acute sattelite addiction syndrome) This disorder makes you do other strange things but thats a story for another day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2011
@ Badaru
Does ASAS_ have cure or is it a brother/sister to A*DS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2011
auchs:

@ Badaru
Does ASAS_ have cure or is it a brother/sister to A*DS.
Bro, this sickness is not curable but it have remedies that will only reduce the category where you belong and the remedy is by getting married to a woman who hate satellite who always try to stop you from performing satellite tv activities. The disease dies when we lost the passion for the satellite tv activities.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
@all
i need help,my 2.4m pan cannot retain admc all through the day and am considering getting admc hd receiver.can i get a powerful lnb dat can help borrow me 10% signal increase to enable me enjoy natgeo wild 24hrs.plz help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdul010: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2011
A.S.A.S has eaten deep inside me beyond remedy, every slightest opportunity I have I do check nairaland satellite forum and other satellite forums for any latest info. Whenever i return home from office my young ones frowned cuz its either I blind or auto scan wanting new channels or wondering why a drop in certain signal strength. I hardly watch a movie to the end, flipping from one channel to the other. My family were always pissed off cuz with all the fta channels at my disposal and i still need more. God, 3dishes with 7lnbs yet not enough. If only i did not learn to installed myself from this great forum i would ve been free from A.S.A.S.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
Dlee,even if you get married to sat hated woman it cant stop the disease because its inbuilt.satellite guys dont care about any other thing they are dedicated to satellite.one good think about them is their workaholic altitude and never give up attitude and that alone pisses woman off.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2011
Infact this satellite business is full time,and has taken all my money,time and even to our love ones,infact it,s inbult there is nothing we can do about it.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^ YES. I CAN ATTEST TO THAT. IT HAS TAKEN OUR MONEY AND TIME AND LOVE TOO. WE NOW LOVE F.T.A, BAM! THE ONLY THING THAT CAN REMEDY/CURE FOR IT, IS WHEN THERE IS NO LIGHT OR GENERATOR OR SOLAR ENERGY E.T.C. IF NOT F.T.A IS INCURABLE!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eltonluigi(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
After all nothing is really free.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ask1509(m): 5:54am On Nov 14, 2011
Eltonluigi:

After all nothing is really free.
insightful post.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2011
Ikiriye:

@all
i need help,my 2.4m pan cannot retain admc all through the day and am considering getting admc hd receiver.can i get a powerful lnb dat can help borrow me 10% signal increase to enable me enjoy natgeo wild 24hrs.plz help
look 4 the lnb in the picture or you can ask anyone santecĀ  prime focus lnb, it works well on 2.4m pan dish grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2011
@Odilibe
plz is your location trully uk, how much does it cost and how can i get it for my location is port-harcourt.plz reply urgently
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2011
pls, somebody help with software that enable dstv smart card married to strong receiver 4661x. Have mercy, here is my email ojtech@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:16am On Nov 14, 2011
Ikiriye the santec lnb is renamed as focus.i can get it but sending to port is the constraint.have u tried stargold i think its good also.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
@all does the two FTA on astra 2b 12.544 H/20.799 scratch?. I got it this morning but full of pauses
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by danniyal(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
pls i need somebody to help me.my aljazeera english news channel is showing red on nilesat.tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
ask1509:

insightful post.

nothing is absolutely 'free'.
There is always a 'price' to pay. It may however not always be monetary.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
@obnelly
plz where is your location,i need it badly plz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
gkw wrote:
about T12 pay attention to lnb skew , it shouldbe between 4 & 6 o'clock when looking from behind the dish .also remember the dish elevationis almost vertical . try this other strongest tp 11152 v 18385 .
I get 90% on a 1.2 m dish using an old eurostar lnb . get the skew right first .
cheers

Thanks gkw, I will give it a try next weekend. Currently my LNB skew is between 6 &9 oclock looked from behind the dish, the clock facing me. smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2011
simniboma:

@all does the two FTA on astra 2b 12.544 H/20.799 scratch?. I got it this morning but full of pauses

MINE (INF DICE, FASHIONE ONE)IS AT 80% DOING WELL BUT NO AUDIO I DNT KNW WHY, WHILE THE REST ARE 92%.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
Lagos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gkw: 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2011
@lunsat

yes bro, have u tried AB7? from that side , any other fringe reception ? . drop me yo mail at "mboro@37.com"
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2011
Brite02:

MINE (INF DICE, FASHIONE ONE)IS AT 80% DOING WELL BUT NO AUDIO I DNT KNW WHY, WHILE THE REST ARE 92%.
thanks, the sound drivers for the two channels is ACC. if your machine does not have you will not hear any sound. if so you have to update you software with a version that has the ACC drivers dependening on the type of receiver you are using. enquire from the supremos for more clarification
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2011
@gadotor and @George D
pls guys i want to know more about the 4930hd decoder i hare that it have poor picture quality compare to 4669z is it true.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2011
@obnelly how much is senthec or focus prime focus lnb, i call u around 9.30pm but u did not pick ur call, thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
Sorry i was busy watching tv then,just saw your missed call.i wil give u a call 2mrw.its late now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06am On Nov 15, 2011
rahsumt:

@gadotor and @George D
pls guys i want to know more about the 4930hd decoder i hare that it have poor picture quality compare to 4669z is it true.

@rahsumt,
SRT 4930 HD has one of the best picture qualities (to date) from STRONG.
If there's anyone having issues with picture quality on his 4930 decoder I think it
will likely be a one-off incident and should not be used to judge the overall quality
of the decoder itself.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2011
pls my brodas in d house in help to setup dstv extra view.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2011
pls my brodas in d house i need help to setup dstv extra view on strong receiver srt4663x
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykemann: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2011
4930 is far better than 4669z I said so cos I have the two box with me,if u have LCD why dont you use the HDMI plug and get sharper picture and digital audio.I have just finished setting up the card sharing stuff and its as easy as abc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Segunod(m): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
any upgrade that can open a valid dstv subscribtion on 4653x?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2011
4653x?? No firmware. Strong has discontinued the model. And pls do not try to upgrade it. There is a killer patch out there to kill the decoder. Just use it for fta, mytv and hitv ok. cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.