Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,538 members, 7,972,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:38 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5602757 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
pboy2buzy:

menh Am screwed!!!!!
screwed by who
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2012
PBOY2BUZY.

AB3 C-BAND
Ab3(atlantic bird 3) is at 5°w with 1.8m dish u will get the signal, i hacked said he got it with 90cm in ghana, which means with 90cm and above u can get d signal. about where to face your dish u have to face it opposite the rising of the sun in the morning i.e connect your cband with your dish then back the sun lift your dish 5° up gradually move from your left to right u will hit green. use this tp  4.122 h 2.221 or 3.730 v 29.948.

PBOY2BUZY, like spaceman and pidzo has said, u need to endure and go back the basis. u need to flip back to many pages/threads in this childboard if not u will be asking questions that have been already answered. i hope u were not planning to use ya mesh dish to get cband signals? except u have done the right thing by converting it, if u knw what i mean.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
got dat right>>>>>>>tanx bro!!!
Brite02:

PBOY2BUZY.

AB3 C-BAND
Ab3(atlantic bird 3) is at 5°w with 1.8m dish u will get the signal, i hacked said he got it with 90cm in ghana, which means with 90cm and above u can get d signal. about where to face your dish u have to face it opposite the rising of the sun in the morning i.e connect your cband with your dish then back the sun lift your dish 5° up gradually move from your left to right u will hit green. use this tp  4.122 h 2.222 or 3.730 v 29.948

got dat right>>>>>>>tanx bro!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spaceman(m): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2012
@all
All these info you are trying to feed Pboy2buzy, he wont be able to grab them at all!. He has jumped classes.
Let him get enrolled back to the elementary class of FTA where Enitan teaches grin
The buzy boy screwed himself up because he seem too big to go join the like of my 3 year-old boy already practicing the hunt of off-print birds wink
Sorry no be sharp sharp dem de take learn. Pay your due!
Let me give you my 3-year old son`s phone number(in BASIC 2) so you too can share idea grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
spaceman:

@all
All these info you are trying to feed Pboy2buzy, he wont be able to grab them at all!. He has jumped classes.
Let him get enrolled back to the elementary class of FTA where Enitan teaches grin
The buzy boy screwed himself up because he seem too big to go join the like of my 3 year-old boy already practicing the hunt of off-print birds wink
Let me give you my 3-year old son`s phone number(in BASIC 2) so you too can share idea grin
I agree with you 100%. My aim was to teach him how we go about hunting these satellites and others think giving him everything on a silver platter is better than teaching him to be adventurous. We will end up answering questions like, 'What is a satellite?'
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
@George,odilibe, how do we measure the azimuth and elevation angle of a dish ? Is there any equipment needed to use to make sure if they are in correct degrees. Secondly is azimuth is the side elevation off a dish, do we need to measure with tape starting 4rm level ground or how do we go about this pls explain. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2012
spaceman:

@all

but if u do care to listen,am nt a mediocre, though i might hv askd some clumsy questions some people are stil kind enough2 4give me 4 being human(by answering), am sure u can digest dat into ur thick skull, **pissed***, bt if u stil need anytin2 sleep well at nite,u might as well make do wit my middle finger.tanx------urs sincerely ''PBOY2BUZY''.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
pidzo,on d contrary,i got dat, i am nt inept in this, am sure as a liquid,i can flow along, thumbs up!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2012
@pidzo, aw do one use satellite antenna alignment
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
Graham4luv:

I will come back you to shortly. Let me attend to a seemingly 'small' issue.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spaceman(m): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hmm! play boy 2 buzy grin grin grin. e bi like say my joke touch you for head shaa. No wonder.
Anyway no vex. Just enjoy the forum
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
spaceman:

Hmm! play boy 2 buzy grin grin grin. e bi like say my joke touch you for head shaa. No wonder.
Anyway no vex. Just enjoy the forum

no hard feelings, thumbs up man>>>>>>>>>>>>>one love!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
Thumbs up guys no hard feelings, °˚˚ºo(•̃͡-̮•̃͡) hέhέhέ (•̃͡-̮•̃͡)oº˚˚°smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
Brite02:

PBOY2BUZY.

AB3 C-BAND
Ab3(atlantic bird 3) is at 5°w with 1.8m dish u will get the signal, i hacked said he got it with 90cm in ghana, which means with 90cm and above u can get d signal. about where to face your dish u have to face it opposite the rising of the sun in the morning i.e connect your cband with your dish then back the sun lift your dish 5° up gradually move from your left to right u will hit green. use this tp  4.122 h 2.221 or 3.730 v 29.948.

PBOY2BUZY, like spaceman and pidzo has said, u need to endure and go back the basis. u need to flip back to many pages/threads in this childboard if not u will be asking questions that have been already answered. i hope u were not planning to use ya mesh dish to get cband signals? except u have done the right thing by converting it, if u knw what i mean.

i am able2 receive ku nd c band, my mesh dish from inception has been receaving cu band signal,i didnt convert it, tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2012
Adex70:

@George,odilibe, how do we measure the azimuth and elevation angle of a dish ? Is there any equipment needed to use to make sure if they are in correct degrees. Secondly is azimuth is the side elevation off a dish, do we need to measure with tape starting 4rm level ground or how do we go about this pls explain. Thanks

@Adex,
Yes, there are professional equipments to use for setting the azimuth and elevation of a dish.

For elevation, you can use an inclinometer/angle locator while for azimuth you can either use a compass or GPS device. I posted both of them a while back on the FTA thread but for your convenience I have re-posted them here. Check out the pix below.

Azimuth is the angle your dish makes relative to your east or west starting at 0 (zero) degrees. You do not need to measure with any tape. You get this by reading it off your compass or GPS. As you move or change direction, your co-ordinates change accordingly. This allows you to position your dish in the direction you want to track.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
please house on what sat is salvation ministries feed on on west
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
@pboy2buzy
@All
Thanks and praise GOD the house is in order. Lets proceed from here and make progress. We need to make progress before technology leaves us behind, no time to waste. Love to you all. wink wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
Pidzo:

@pboy2buzy
@All
Thanks and praise GOD the house is in order. Lets proceed from here and make progress. We need to make progress before technology leaves us behind, no time to waste. Love to you all. wink wink

yes boss!!!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2012
i want to ask another question ooo, hp somebody is nt plannin2 rip my head off my shoulders, lolz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
PBOY2BUZY.

This is your house now u can ask your questions, in here we binded by love 4 one another.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
pboy2buzy:

i want to ask another question ooo, hp somebody is nt plannin2 rip my head off my shoulders, lolz
Feel free to ask your question. If you feel people may blow your head off then lets go to Newbie's Section where any question is welcome.  wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2012
Graham4luv:

I am now back. Before I help you with your question, please read this page first and if you fail to understand or you still have some grey areas feel free to come back with your querries.
http://www.al-soft.com/saa/satinfo.shtml
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
For salvatiön ministries feed try astra 2b 28e 12544 h 20798.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
i bought avatar ysterday,but dnt knw hw2 use it nd dnt hw hw possible it wil be2 connect it wit my 2.4m mesh dish,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ask1509(m): 12:07am On Jan 31, 2012
Adex70:

. This is a liink on how to make an homemade inclinometer,- http://satsig.net/pointing/how-to-make-inclinometer.htm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:41am On Jan 31, 2012
Adex70:

adex70,george d has explained grin but all this equipment are just to make work easy not necessarily for one who knows how to track a dish grin,on the other hand you can usually measure elevation based on the degree markings on the back bracket of a dish  antenna,some  satellites antennas has the elevation angle marked  already by the manufaturer, i use a 30cm dish with elevation angle marked cool
azimuth=left or right position
elevation=up or down  position

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:34am On Jan 31, 2012
Sorry averter is off topic here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 8:24am On Jan 31, 2012
Good Morning King411

Flimax is still active on 3832 V 2500 (Paksat 1R)
I am using a 1.8 meter prime focus dish in Kenya

The only barrier is that most of the movies are dubbed in Pakistan native language of urdu.
Best frequency for tracking Paksat 1R

Had posted the above info in the morning but was auto-Spam.
I have some more info regarding Yahsat 1a on the following link,http://forum.paytv.ro/showpost.php?p=1126550&postcount=6824
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:12pm On Jan 31, 2012
Kungu:

Good Morning King411

Flimax is still active on 3832 V 2500 (Paksat 1R)
I am using a 1.8 meter prime focus dish in Kenya

The only barrier is that most of the movies are dubbed in Pakistan native language of urdu.
Best frequency for tracking Paksat 1R

Had posted the above info in the morning but was auto-Spam.
I have some more info regarding Yahsat 1a on the following link,http://forum.paytv.ro/showpost.php?p=1126550&postcount=6824
I agree with your observation Kungu. Initially Filmax was showing 95% of their movies in English. Now they show most of their movies in Urdu. Imagine movies like 'Commando' in Urdu, 'Behind Enemy Lines' in Urdu. Somehow boring.  sad sad
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2012
i bought avatar ysterday,but
dnt knw hw2 use it nd dnt hw
hw possible it wil be2 connect
it wit my 2.4m mesh dish,

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2357) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.