Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:06 AM

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member (23775 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / Apostle Peter Tom Udofia Marries 18-Year-Old Choir Member (Photos) / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Anny505(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2022
Y
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by longview007: 10:45am On May 15, 2022
I remember when a chorister missed a key style out of anxiety, she felt embarrassing, but immediately, the members used keyboard and turn the song to another wonderful and imaginable key.

May God bless the Choir members.

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by cavreek: 10:46am On May 15, 2022
When they were admitting new members and they ask us to sing as to determine our part, omo ur guy sing better ooo only that I impressed them to the extent that they were confuse whether I would fit tenor or bass or soprano grin
I was the only one who had to sing twice that day. Last last many are called but few are chosen, so I just jejely join the group who make a joyful sound unto the Lord cool

4 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by JoveD20(m): 10:55am On May 15, 2022
Those days being called on alter to come and do an interpreter .
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by shantti(m): 10:55am On May 15, 2022
I was singing responsorial psalm back in the seminary, Chineke, everyone was holding laughter na so the priest told me to recite it

7 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Channah1(f): 10:59am On May 15, 2022
Franklin158:
Being in the choir of your local church can be fun and sometimes hectic considering the hours of practice and dedication it requires, choir member help other worshipers connect through their songs and wonderful ministration.

But one would agree that sometimes it doesn't always go according to plan maybe a mistake from the sound engineer, instrumentalists, or you yourself might leave you surprised and wondering what went wrong.

With that being said, have you ever had any funny moments where things seemed to have drifted apart from what was initially planned and how did you manage the situation?

One memorable one was a day I've already prepared to finish them with my sweet voice. Along the line, I came down with cold. That type that itches and irritates the throat causing you to tear out.

So I mounted the podium to sing but then, this thing started and I paused.
The keyboardist played the intro again, I kept mute. Then everyone began to shift and adjust on their seats. I tried to signal to one of my backups to help me take the song, they all turned away their faces.

I can't even remember how I later managed and scaled through that day but the embarrassment was on another level.

4 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Streetmovement(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

This Mattias I can relate, back in the days when I was a choir member, he get one program wey come up for church so every group in church was to provide one person to preach each day until the last day of the program.... Lol naxo them choose me to represent our choir o.

Omo throughout that week I nor fit sleep well, I dey Waka with bible 247 until the D-Day came and that's when I started feeling anxious.

I wear suit that day o, me wey no too dey like formal dressing unless it's a very important function I'm to attend, Omo I jazz in church as time for me to perform reach, them hail my name with title everybody come dey clap dey welcome me, lol my guy even assist me carry my Bible climb podium, you can imagine the crowd chanting and everybody on their feet to welcome pastor, grin back then I dey shy well well.

Now this is the funny part of everything, As I compose myself dey display for the crowd naxo my guy and another of my guy come dey make funny faces, funny hand signs that only me can understand because of the play we dey play that time for street, just like that I forget everything wey I been dey talk about naxo I come dey call bible portion for congregation to read endlessly, see as I come dey sweat under suit wey I wear upon say AC and fan dey blow like say tomorrow no dey.

Omo that moment I just try round up everything sharp sharp mk I go sit-down before I loseguard pass that one.

Wasn't an easy experience to forget at all and as for those my gees na still my day ones till date, I sha follow do them when their own time been come.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by pocohantas(f): 11:09am On May 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
Why the practiced song on Saturday always sounds better than the ministration on Sunday

Someone help us with this answer. grin

2 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Sanchez01: 11:10am On May 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
Why the practiced song on Saturday always sounds better than the ministration on Sunday
Because the congregation aren't there to watch, which means the tension and pressure aren't there. Plus, since the song is newly learnt, the freshness will always be there. Every part of the song is always observed until you go home, sleep over it and everyone comes the following day like "abeg, how the song take start again?". And then there are the musicians or instrumentalists who can't remember the intro.

It always feels like there should be one swift rehearsal before the choir rises or comes on stage just so the song can be refreshed.

4 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Sanchez01: 11:16am On May 15, 2022
My praise repertoire (list of songs) flew off my head after worship ended on a special thanksgiving Sunday. Intro had started and I kept smiling and staring at the whole church. The choir noticed and their morale died. It was a disaster.

The service was so horrible that it was like a graveyard all through. At the end of the service, Pastor held an emergency meeting with the choir and in the meeting said "I think this brother should not be allowed to lead for now. As a matter of fact, don't let him back up." grin As if the humiliation of "scattering" the service was not enough.

This happened 14 years ago.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by IyaTola: 11:23am On May 15, 2022
Years ago, the whole family went for a vigil together. When it was time for deliverance, the Charismatic brother was calling people in batches. When he called for children, I stepped out like the others and before I know what's up, anybody he lays hands on will jerk jerk jerk and fall then other Charismatic would help the person up... I was trying to decide if the falling was intentional or it was truly the holy ghost in action...
When it was my turn, he laid hands on my forehead and was praying furiously like he did to the others but I didn't fall or should I say the thing no catch me..
I opened one eye and saw my aunt looking at me, then I made up my mind to impress her by falling before they say I am possessed.. Na so I fall backward o, hit head for heard alter floor and passed out

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by IyaTola: 11:24am On May 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
grin
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by cigaricon(m): 11:26am On May 15, 2022
chinex11:
Omo when I newly join the choir of my church after like a year one of our choir members died and we when for her burial in ebonyi state. I was the only tenor singer that went. During the service of songs we keep on singing and singing till my throat wan break, next thing my choirmaster brought out the script how excellent eweee I no know the tenor part ooo. for my mind I go freestyle am. as we just dea sing dea go one old man for back of the canopy just shout tenor what a shame na so I weak
lies from the pit of hell grin
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Aidejay(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2022
I was in church teens choir. We were so terrible. One time we tried to sing and it ended horribly. I'm so glad no one recorded it on their phones.
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by anayolity: 11:35am On May 15, 2022
Mehn that should be the day I took the choir ministration song "What can I do" by Tye Tribett , I went totally off beat, at some point I just dey pray make the song do finish.

If no be God I for change church grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2022
I was part of the backup singers during my pastor's ministration. Prayer was going on and I zoned off while humming a secular music. Prayer stopped and I was still humming. When I open my eyes everybody dey look me. My microphone was on... I wished the ground will just teleport me somewhere else.

���

8 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by daxon001(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2022
The day I was going to lead praise and worship...that's in a large youth church o.
I Sabi sing tho but that day only God knows wetin apen grin
Common to give a short charge u know to set the mood, na so stammering start o grin.
It wasn't funny that day..I couldn't even bring out a meaningful statement...how I managed to pull through to the end only God know sad grin

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by yusman14(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2022
The first time I lead a song oo..I com dey sweat like!!!
And the first time I played lead guitar in a congregation of about 5000..my pick con dey comot for hand that day..tension too much..I con be like beginner....To be a musician is not easy.

2 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by easiest(m): 12:09pm On May 15, 2022
Still didn't see any sense in practicing how to worship God before the time of worshipping God.
I suggest you seek the right way true way of worshipping God before it too late
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Anon4: 12:19pm On May 15, 2022
easiest:
Still didn't see any sense in practicing how to worship God before the time of worshipping God.
I suggest you seek the right way true way of worshipping God before it too late
practice makes perfect bro. In every area of life
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Spizzy1: 12:21pm On May 15, 2022
I remember the day I was to lead a special number and I forgot the lyrics.

It was a horrible experience for me.
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2022
Never joined choir again after my service year after disgracing myself in front of congregation. They harder I tried to compose myself not to disgrace myself the more the disgrace I was exhibiting to the extent that pastors were laughing uncontrollably at me. Thank God for other choristers that came to my rescue. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Osas4lav(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2022
Not for everyone but if you think you need a gpod business, read this ebook. Find out easy way to start your own travel business with less than 20k and start earning either from home or as a side hustle from your office here in Nigeria. You can check it out;
https://ebooks.digicolics.com/index.php/downloads/start-your-own-travel-agency-in-nigeria/
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Zeuslord(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2022
grin grin
cavreek:
When they were admitting new members and they ask us to sing as to determine our part, omo ur guy sing better ooo only that I impressed them to the extent that they were confuse whether I would fit tenor or bass or soprano grin
I was the only one who had to sing twice that day. Last last many are called but few are chosen, so I just jejely join the group who make a joyful sound unto the Lord cool
grin
cavreek:
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by xamodans: 12:53pm On May 15, 2022
Yes o! Lol
I remember, infact, it's just 5months ago.
I was to solo a thanksgiving song,low and behold I forgot all lyrics and I was chopping mouth o! Very embarrassing, cause it wasn't our church members alone that were seated.

Another day was when projector went off and all choir members had relied on it, cause it's a long lyrics
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Zeuslord(m): 12:57pm On May 15, 2022
IyaTola:
Years ago, the whole family went for a vigil together. When it was time for deliverance, the Charismatic brother was calling people in batches. When he called for children, I stepped out like the others and before I know what's up, anybody he lays hands on will jerk jerk jerk and fall then other Charismatic would help the person up... I was trying to decide if the falling was intentional or it was truly the holy ghost in action...
When it was my turn, he laid hands on my forehead and was praying furiously like he did to the others but I didn't fall or should I say the thing no catch me..
I opened one eye and saw my aunt looking at me, then I made up my mind to impress her by falling before they say I am possessed.. Na so I fall backward o, hit head for heard alter floor and passed out

lols
how is the scar now

2 Likes

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by Slimsly100(f): 12:59pm On May 15, 2022
None so far to the glory of God!
Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by folake4u(f): 1:08pm On May 15, 2022
phemmyfour:

I have always wondered oh. I think say na only me observe am.

1 Like

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member by kals4luv990(m): 1:21pm On May 15, 2022
Someone was supposed to take a song last week but on that day she did not meet up,so I was asked to try..I did well oo only to climb stage and forget the lyrics..Jesus it was very embarrassing..I been wan just die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Sexual Pleasure Becomes Poisonous / Lords Chosen Testimonies: Highway Robber Saved By God (Video, Photos) / There's More Than One Jesus In Bible According To Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.