Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,133 members, 7,916,330 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:36 PM

Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (11128 Views)

Lagos Flood And What It Caused (photos) / Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Pafuri(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2011
My dear Idi Ileke, it is not GEJ. It is the electorate. You get what you pay for.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2011
Pafuri:

My dear Idi Ileke, it is not GEJ. It is the electorate. You get what you pay for.

It's not GEJ, it's his administration. An administration he cannot competently lead.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Smilenw(f): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2011
Is Fashola's resignation in any way going to help Lagos from not flooding in future? Good he was not blamed for the heavy rains !
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by stagger: 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2011
Those PDP retards in Lagos should shut up.

Have they asked Theodore Orji to resign over the heaps of refuse that have made Aba a permanent abode? Or is it the flooding?

How about Jos? Have they asked Jonah Jang to resign?

Make we hear word abeg! angry
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by tpia5: 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2011
I've never in my life heard of heavy rains being blamed on a govt.

Shows the state of nigerian education.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2011
In all this chatter I have not seen our popularNL ACN (Tinubu) Sycophants come to Fashola's rescue, @Seant, @Ekt_bear, @Gbawe how can you leave your brother ti die like this  grin

Too Bad Fashola has his hands tied by a greedy God-father and a Dumb State Assembly eager to follow Tinubu's fart however it sounds. A State of Emergency should be declared on our Police and Mallams
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by olumig(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2011
In other words we can equally as GEJ to tender his resignation for falling on numerous occasion to provide adequate security for the people of Nigeria. Case in quote the Boko Haram scourge and numerous religious crisis, the Niger delta palaver, kidnapping nemesis in the south east. As GEJ not failed in his duties as the CSO of this great nation in the instances mentioned, why are they not clamouring for his resignation. Haba!.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Too Bad Fashola has his hands tied by a greedy God-father and a Dumb State Assembly eager to follow Tinubu's fart however it sounds. A State of Emergency should be declared on our Police and Mallams

Please make we stop blaming Tinubu oooo . . . it is more than clear at this point that the man TIES NO ONE's HANDS. Fashola is doing exactly what Fashola wants to do . . . we need to stop trying to drag Tinubu into all this.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2011
tpia, no need for the insults. you explained your views-don't start veering off in the usual disrespectful NL direction.
i really don't see how anyone can blame fashola for this. this problem is not new. you cannot fix something like this overnight. also, lagosians need to do their part. stop blocking the water from draining with garbage.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by tpia5: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2011
^And where did you see insults?
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Otunbakay(m): 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2011
PDP leaders, as far as am concerned are a bunch of stand up comedians and so nobody should take them serious. They are too clueless and so empty, therefore cannot give Nigeria/Nigerians any meaningful governance.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2011
ajigglin:
you cannot fix something like this overnight. also, lagosians need to do their part. stop blocking the water from draining with garbage.

You mean 4 years is still Overnight by your standards?? A total of 12 years claimed to have gone to rigorous planning and implementation is still to be considered not enough time to have achieved measurable improvement, even in this, by your standard? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by cynthoney(f): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2011
when did Fashola become a rainmaker?

abeg abeg abeg PDP make we hear word jor

this is a natural disaster and definitely not his fault, drainage or no drainage

Fashola has my vote ystday,today and tomoro!

UP FASHOLA!!!
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by tlops(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2011
It was recorded that other parts of the world with the so-called developed drainage was equally flooded last week (sweden and Denmark I know). This PDP people should go and eat pooh somewhere. BRF you better set plans to prevent future occurrence next time we will not spare,
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by tpia5: 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2011
According to his critics, fashola has superhuman powers and can make rain.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Araboy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2011
A C Party should also demands  Goodluck resignation over boko haram terrorist attacks
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2011
cynthoney:

when did Fashola become a rainmaker?

abeg abeg abeg PDP make we hear word jor

this is a natural disaster and definitely not his fault, drainage or no drainage

Fashola has my vote ystday,today and tomoro!

UP FASHOLA!!!

It pays to use one's thinking faculty a bit more than one is used to, you know.

Do you, as a person, have to be a rainmaker to know  to make decisions to keep you dry on rainy days?  undecided undecided undecided Are you suggesting that in other places where governments have been able to reduce the impact of floods on a yearly basis, those governments have gained rain-making abilities of some sort? Following your reasoning above, these governments control the rains, and are hence able to minimize the impact of heavy rains, abi?
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Rooneyboy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2011
that is pure politics, Ride on Fash
No mind them.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by CuteTj(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2011
BRF resign?? I laugh hard @ People Destroying People's joke. If anything is asking anybody to resign, PDP should not even talk at all. Then Jonathan and co. should all resign and lets see who's going to be the biggest loser. I don't have anything to say other than to laugh at PDP's stupidity!
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2011
if he started demolishing houses to build drainage, pdp will reply that he has started making people homeless and he shld resign again. flooding can happen anywhere. awawi
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by jmaine: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2011
Typical myopic approach by nairalanders . . Importing tribal slurs with insults just to counter a point . .so much for orientation embarassed . .
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by andyanders: 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2011
I think PDP members in Lagos demanding that Fashola resign because of natural disaster, should examine themselves as I think they are sick and need a psychiatrist. How can you demand that a governor resign because of natural disaster not caused by him but nature and Lagosians. It has been preached that people should not throw out garbage into gutters in front of their houses or elsewhere and even along the roads. People buy nylon bagged water and empty the waste/empty/litter nylons anywhere their hands could go. When arrested, they start blaming people in charge. We Nigerians have attitudinal behaviors of which are been exhibited by animals. People we see street lights and pull down the pools down to steal the gargets.

Let PDP go and use their useless and undeveloped brain to think how to kill themselves for power. Leave Fashola alone.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by KayDee4: 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2011
All those PDP clowns should just SHARAAAAAPPPPP !!!!

If it is on the basis of such incidents that people resign , then there should be no PDP politician left in office. Infact the entire PDP will be scraped by now.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by lagcity(m): 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2011
Well, I am happy to state that after reading every comment on this thread, people are not buying PDP's story. People are very much aware that Lagos state govt still needs to tackle some pressing challenges in the state but they are being patient with their governor because of his wonderful past performance. The people know that Governor Fashola stands with them.

Lagosians back their Governor and have given him a vote of confidence. But to some people who always gloat at SW problems (even though they won't say it explicitly), Lagos state indigenes don't want "constructive criticism" for Fashola. This is BS. We know it, you know it, PDP knows it. PDP can go sulk in a corner. In 2015, ACN won't show you any mercy. Up ACN! Up SW!
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Rastamann: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2011
PDP is the one that should resign for failing Nigerians in their more than 14 years of governance. Many Nigerians keep suffering in the mist of plenty.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Vislek: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2011
I can stop laughing because PDP is d most powerless party in Lagos State  dey want people 2 b hearing dem dats why dey are just procrastinating.BRF just continue and God will b wit
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by swiftycool(m): 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2011
PDP dont gat nothin on Fash boy, Lagos would have been totally worse & effed-up with them on seat! angry
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by crowaddy1: 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2011
Nigeria,its politicians, politicking and funny Citzens.
There is nothing wrong with the Lagos Opposition party talking. They are meant to serve as a "shadow" govt to help put a check and whip the rulling party into shape.
For some fellow citizens running their mouths here, do u guys know that a few months ago after some joint assesment by agents of SEMA and NEMA, The lagos state govt recieved over 1billion naira in aid meant for flood control and mitigation.
But they refused to use or act on it cause of eletioneering etc as it would have meant some form of dislocation and demolition?
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by coolgb(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2011
Have they suddenly woken up from there slumber ni
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by ayubam: 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You mean 4 years is still Overnight by your standards?? A total of 12 years claimed to have gone to rigorous planning and implementation is still to be considered not enough time to have achieved measurable improvement, even in this, by your standard?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Based on your above quotes, How was Lagos 12 years ago? I want you to picture the following areas, Bar Beach, CMS, Outer Marina, Oshodi, Ojota, Mile 2 and many others. How were they those areas 12 years ago? Can measure developmental projects in those areas? How was the state of security in Lagos 12 years ago? Many bankers dread getting transfer out of Lagos now because the rate of robbery has so much increased in other parts of the country unlike Lagos where rate of bank robbery has considerably reduced.

What about revenue generation formula? What efforts did past govts put in place to look internally to increase the IGR of the state rather than waiting for Fed allocation months in months out. How was Lasuth, General Hospital Gbagada, Ikeja parks 12 years ago?  Are they the same like 12 yrs ago? What about employment generation? Thousands have been recruited as staff in BRT, LASTMA, and several other agencies that came to being due to critical analysis of the state and ingenuity in finding solutions to MYRIADS of problems facing Lagos despite an abnormal revenue allocation sharing formula from several Tax income, custom duties that Lagos contributes to Federal purse.

So, do you reckon the ruling have not done anything in the past 12 years or you reckon that 12 years are more than enough to solve ALL OF LAGOS PROBLEMS SO THAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE ATLANTA IMMEDIATELY?

When people want to be in opposition, there should be intelligent criticism and not just rambles of an average citizens. When people that should know behave like ordinary citizens, then we are far from coming out of the woods.

Critics, FOI Bill is now passed. Fashola openly challenged all that there is a website where the cost of all contracts can be verified. I have not seen any intelligent reasoning to press further if such exist. Lagos State Budget had never been scrutinized on NL to see loopholes the way El-Rufai just did for the Fed Budget. At 27, Pat Utomi was a SA to a president. At 27, Bola Ige was national secretary of Action Group and when I read there roles as opposition, they dont race useless arguments about how all of Nigeria Problems would have been solved in few years. They go into the Nitty Gritty of the matter.

They touched governance structure, Budget, Revenue Allocation, Fiscal Policy etc. Nigerian youths should wake up and be serious and those who are away who are not really concerned should just do keep quite and contribute to their envt, after all, a Nigerian is now an MP in London and Obama is also a president. Contibute to your envt and when we recognise your work, we will come and recruit you for your expertise. Until then, you are not really getting it.

No doubt you know Nigeria has big problem (like everyone knows) but you really do not know how to come out of it. I have taken time to explain this cos you have appearance of national developmental intelligence but you deny the power thereof.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^^ what has anything you have said to do with addressing the questions asked by me?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Those are direct/straight forward questions there.
Re: Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation by blackbeau1(f): 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2011
i smell a rat.a very big and hairy rat.why is the PDP making a big deal about this? Afterall there have been PDP governors who have looted Nigeria blind and PDP has not asked them to resign,so why start now? Abegi,they should just tell us what their real beef is with Gov Fashola and Gov Fashola should stop making or giving excuses.it ruins a good apology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims / Akpabio Inaugurates Phase II Of Ibom International Airport / Jonathan's Condolence Speech To The Awolowos During His Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.