Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:36 AM

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner (41679 Views)

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / SCAM ALERT!!! -how Paystack Payment Gateway Stole My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 2:58pm On May 21, 2022
adisababa1234:
Bros am begging in the name of God go to the bank to the lodge complaint and let them deal with it.I can categorically tell you that the money if fraud transferred to your account and perhaps to many other accounts.
Bros police started tracing where the money was sent to your move might be useless then and you might be arrested.

Thank you very much. You suggestion is very valid. That's why I brought this to the public so that I can have a pool of suggestion to be able to choose action that will enable me to achieve my objective of returning the money to the owner. This your suggestion serve as a protection on my side. By God's grace any action that I eventually taken will be communicated here.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Subonbon(m): 2:58pm On May 21, 2022
JAMO4REAL1:
Send me 5k pls if the yawa gas I will return it thank you 0227575583 wema bank
comrade your yarn jollof!
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Mumusaphire: 2:59pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
[i][/i]

Thank you. I guess as much, Just the untrust worthiness of some bank officers that made some people to be discouraging me from complaining to my banker.
don't ever try to report to ur bank. They can collect the money by using another person to claim his the owner. Best thing, wait for six month, if nothing happens, then know that you won jackot.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by NaijaCars4sale: 3:00pm On May 21, 2022
Contact your bank, and they will tell you the steps to take
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2022
oluplus:

You are putting yourself in a dangerous position by keeping the money without any form of reporting. if the money was a proceed of crime, and it's traced to your account during investigation, you will held liable and you wont be justified for not touching the money.

My advise: Do an official e-mail to the customer care of your bank. Ask them to do their investigation and return the money to the sender's account, as you do not know him, neither are you expecting any inflow to your account. Also ask them to acknowledge your e-mail. By so doing, you have reported officially to the bank. Again, it will be difficult for any bank staff to divert the funds as the customer care will contact their domestic/payment support to do the needful. I see issue like these every now and then.

Noted. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2022
Awoleesu:

1. Request for your own account statement from your bank if you cannot access it fully online.

2. Spot the particular transaction and flaggers (date, ATM code, if possible which type of card eg. Visa/MasterCard etc and the amount and time of transaction).

3. With the details handy, do an email to your bank indicating your willingness to refund erroneous credit transfer. In that mail, blind copy (Bcc) cpd@cbn.gov.ng
This should make whoever attends to the issue sit up.

4. Once the details of the cash owner is ascertained, your bank will contact you.

Thanks for being honest & Good luck.

Thank you.
Please how do I get my bank email? In fact my bank is UBA. It want to go through this process. I will try it next week. Thanks
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 21, 2022
W
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Oluwaramsey: 3:13pm On May 21, 2022
Please I need help ooo...anyone that can borrow me #40,000 and I will pay #45,000 back to the person within the next 24-36hours
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by KingDamzzy(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2022
Tokskob2008:

This is definitely not an unmerited favour because when the yawa gas the op will be traced and arrested if he eventually spends the money.

On the other hand if the op had saw the 200k just lying on the ground somewhere and he picked it, then that's an unmerited favour...

Lmaoooooo the OP seeing money on the ground is still not unmerited favour.

The right thing for him to do in the situation is to report to the police, the police would have to announce to the public that missing money has been found & anyone that feels the money is theirs should come to the station with evidence. Anything else apart from this move is called stealing.

Nigerian pastors have turned the heads of people with this unmerited favour rubbish. Why should anyone get favour that is not merited? The theory of Unmerited favour is what spurs some people not to work hard to get the things they actually deserve.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Mattwillz: 3:14pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree by the time these people have finished with you on nairaland,you go commit suicide grin
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by YeyeGbami: 3:22pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.

Alakoba ni bobo yi sha
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2022
Unmerited favour?
And you'll be accusing some politician of being a thief right!
[s]
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.
[/s]
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

But if blind copies CBN, the recipient won't see that CBN was copied.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

I also observed your point. When I want to send the mail, I will copy CBN and let the person attending to it to know that CBN is aware so that he/she will handle it with care so that he/she will not be implicated.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Heavyspice2001: 3:36pm On May 21, 2022
I think the safest way to go about it is to make an official complain on your bank's website with the screenshot of the alert you received. That way, no bank official will be able to corner the money,
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by diamondcoal: 3:37pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
I forgot to add, the money is not unmerited favour. Anything that one got which the true owners can be located or traceable for return is not unmerited favour.

It is just like you helped some one picked up his/ her lost phone. The true owner of the phone can be located. If one decided to keep it for ones use, it amount to theft.

God bless you for this.

I don't know who you are but I can see that God's fear is instilled in your heart.

Please complain to your bank and have them trace the account details.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by amorprincesa: 3:37pm On May 21, 2022
It happened to me 2months ago! I went to the bank to complain that they should contact the person. It was found out that na POS the transfer came from. The thing tire me!

The customer service officer said, I have to wait until they get a complain before anything can be done.

Since you aren't expecting any money, Please try as much as you can to return the money by not spending it.

You can be arrested for spending money of an unknown transaction.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:

How is this a favor? Your pastors have brainwashed you to the extent that you can't differentiate gifts from theft? grin

That is not favor but a wrong credit. Money meant for another person wrongfully credited to his account which can make him a criminal if handled as a favor.

The receiver should copy the code that accompanied the credit and send to the sender's bank. He will know the originating through the first few alphabet. FBN stands fur first Bank and the rest. The code should be sent to the bank and the sender will be contacted or better still just go to your bank and order for a reversal to the originating bank accompanied with a signed letter from your bank. This will keep you safe
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:51pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:

Thanks.

I also observed your point. When I want to send the mail, I will copy CBN and let the person attending to it to know that CBN is aware so that he/she will handle it with care so that he/she will not be implicated.

Great.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by nedekid: 4:00pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
How can this be unmerited favour?
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Awoleesu(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:

Thank you.
Please how do I get my bank email? In fact my bank is UBA. It want to go through this process. I will try it next week. Thanks

cfc@ubagroup.com
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by LOVEGINO(m): 4:06pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or
Complain to my banker to help me locate the owner of the transaction?

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.
u deserve presidential form.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by snoopz: 4:07pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
This is not merited favor, if the sender follow up the money, you account number don receive the money, if You spend the money you go vomit am don't pretend to be wise when you're actually foolish
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 21, 2022
castins:
I experienced the same thing last year, I got an alert of #20k on my access bank. I was not expecting money from anyone. So I waited for two weeks no calls nor message from anyone regarding the money. I tried to trace it from my banking app, it only showed me the transfer was done through an ATM. I spoke with my banker friend, he said " my bank will finally contact me regarding the wrong transfer to my account " till today , over a year, my bank is yet to contact me. The the money is still lying in my account waiting the day, the owner calls. But anyday, the real owner comes for it ,confirmed by the bank, I will give it back willingly.
I mistakenly sent someone 20k last year. But it wasn’t an atm, I transferred it myself.

Lol. How crazy.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 21, 2022
faithfull18:

Some banks make it difficult to get back your money. The person might think 20k and the stress to get it back isn't worth it.
This is me.

I didn’t even think it was possible to get it back because when I called, the bank officer told me that until the person decides to return it, nothing can be done.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by zicoraads: 4:13pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
My problem is not with the person who made this comment, but the number of people who agreed with the comment.

So when some of you pray in church for unmerited favours, this is what you pray for?
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by JustExposeIt: 4:14pm On May 21, 2022
Report to EFCC, they are more trustworthy and don't listen to wrong advice, unless you want to go to jail.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Eben24: 4:49pm On May 21, 2022
It's a lie, that's not unmerited favour. It is called handpicking. And anyone that handpicks is a thief. If you see 200k lying on the ground, You should take the money to the nearest police station for them to keep it very well ���

Tokskob2008:

This is definitely not an unmerited favour because when thegas the op will be traced and arrested if he eventually spends the money.

On the other hand if the op had saw the 200k just lying on the ground somewhere and he picked it, then that's an unmerited favour...
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by basadenet: 4:53pm On May 21, 2022
It is not your money and you as well can make such a mistake, so will advise you go to your bank, for them to help trace the owner. Good luck.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Slynation(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2022
castins:
I experienced the same thing last year, I got an alert of #20k on my access bank. I was not expecting money from anyone. So I waited for two weeks no calls nor message from anyone regarding the money. I tried to trace it from my banking app, it only showed me the transfer was done through an ATM. I spoke with my banker friend, he said " my bank will finally contact me regarding the wrong transfer to my account " till today , over a year, my bank is yet to contact me. The the money is still lying in my account waiting the day, the owner calls. But anyday, the real owner comes for it ,confirmed by the bank, I will give it back willingly.
same here oO...I don't have time running around from one bank to another, mine was 40K from an unknown source, I called my officer and complained, he told me to chill until the owner comes for it, it was after 3weeks the money was reversed back to the owner...
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Slynation(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2022
Eben24:

It's a lie, that's not unmerited favour. It is called handpicking. And anyone that handpicks is a thief. If you see 200k lying on the ground, You should take the money to the nearest police station for them to keep it very well ���

200K lying on the floor and you take it to Police officer NPF of all people, What kinda fvckery is that??
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by abimic(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2022
Keep the money and don't spend it. My friend made same mistake last week and has laid complain to his bank which would liaise with the recipient bank for further assistance, this as they said would take time. The recipient bank would even need to contact the wrong recipient of the development because they can't touch the money in the account without notifying the recipient. This process takes time, and the wrong recipient would have to agree. When the recipient fails to agree, then the sender can involve whomever you want to involve to claim his or her money. You can call your bank customer care which can advise you on the next step, your bank won't tell you to transfer the money to anyone except a request has been placed already which you would be officially communicated to. I've been in similar situation before. If you're afraid of a physical branch conniving, reach the call center then.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or
Complain to my banker to help me locate the owner of the transaction?

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.
Email your bank and Tell them you want the money reversed to the very ATM card that sent the money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kennedy Okonkwo Celebrates 12th Wedding Anniversary - Pictures / My Experience In The Bank Today / Bill Gates Had An Affair With A Microsoft Staff, Asked 2 Others Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.