Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:44 PM

I Want To Make It To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Make It To Heaven (848 Views)

Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Make It To Heaven by Ilamina(f): 7:41am On May 22, 2022
smiley cry
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 7:54am On May 22, 2022
Then you need to be a Muslim!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by advocatejare(m): 9:06am On May 22, 2022
AntiChristian:
Then you need to be a Muslim!
Even your prophet was not sure of his salvation. He said that he didn’t know what will be done to him and his followers (Quran 46:9)

On the other hand, Jesus said he was going to prepare a place for his followers In paradise

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Ilamina(f): 3:01pm On May 22, 2022
smiley

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 9:19pm On May 22, 2022
advocatejare:

Even your prophet was not sure of his salvation. He said that he didn’t know what will be done to him and his followers (Quran 46:9)

On the other hand, Jesus said he was going to prepare a place for his followers In paradise

Of cos he didn't know before and he later knew.

Why don't you quote that verse?

Where did Jesus say he's preparing a place for his followers?

Jesus actually said he can of himself do nothing!

So in essence, he follows whatever God plans!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by advocatejare(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why don't you quote that verse?

Where did Jesus say he's preparing a place for his followers?

John 14:2-3

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by advocatejare(m): 5:13pm On May 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Show us where he said he later knew!
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 5:34pm On May 23, 2022
advocatejare:

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

So Jesus was telling lies when he said he can of his own self do nothing?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by advocatejare(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus knew where he was going, Muhammad didn’t

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2022
advocatejare:

AntiChristian shey you see this or you need more? grin
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On May 23, 2022
AntiChristian:
Well, since everything Jesus Christ did, He did at the behest of God, couldn't it be said that His going to prepare a place for His followers in Heaven, not paradise, is as willed by God as well? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 5:38am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, since everything Jesus Christ did, He did at the behest of God, couldn't it be said that His going to prepare a place for His followers in Heaven, not paradise, is as willed by God as well? undecided

Your half brother in faith won't agree to this assertion!

And Jesus also promised some hell.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On May 24, 2022
Going to heaven is not certain for humans but since that's where Jesus originated from {John 8:23} returning or securing a place there is not an issue for him! Mark 13:26

But what about humans today longing to go to heaven?
This should be thoroughly examined, because God never created heaven for humans rather earth is man's permanent destination! Psalms 115:16

So why did Jesus say he is going to prepare a place? John 14:1
It's because God promised Abraham that all the families of the earth will be blessed through his descendants {Genesis 12:1-3} this promise was repeated to Isaac and Jacob that's why God always refer to Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob so the Israelites have the privilege of helping other nations to gain salvation! Isaiah 2:3; Zechariah 8:23
But the Israelites lack faith in God's promises as they were killing His prophets {Matthew 23:37-38} and finally they killed God's only begotten Son bringing a curse unto their generations unborn by saying may the guilt of his innocent blood come upon them! Matthew 27:25
All these was summed up to condemn that nation and their capital city JERUSALEM, Jesus began telling his disciples all the calamities that's coming upon the Jews and their capital City JERUSALEM! Luke 21:20-24
Jesus' disciples who were faithful to God's only begotten Son became disheartening because apart from their home country been cursed this the Messiah telling them evil things that's coming upon their capital city where God's temple was built!
So Jesus told them not to worry because they had the joy of ruling with him in his kingdom {Matthew 19:28} but how will that be possible if their capital city (Jerusalem) has been condemned?
Please read what Jesus told them:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. And where I am going, you know the way.” John 14:1-4

So it's only his cabinet that he is going to prepare a place for since that's not their proposed site of Government house from the beginning not all good people!

God's word later revealed that only 144,000 anointed Christians are going with Jesus {Revelations 14:1} even none of all faithful servants of God before John the baptist has such privilege! Matthew 11:11

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 8:50am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
Your half brother in faith won't agree to this assertion!

And Jesus also promised some hell.
You Muslims also claim to believe Jesus Christ, but do you accept His truth as stated or do you think you score brownie points by simply stating that you acknowledge Him? undecided

That hell He goes to prepare are for all those who pretend to believe in Him but reject His teachings(and commandments).
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 8:56am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You Muslims also claim to believe Jesus Christ, but do you accept His truth as stated or do you think you score brownie points by simply stating that you acknowledge Him? undecided

Our Believe in Jesus Christ is as it is stated in our texts. Anything more/less than that is false to us.

That hell He goes to prepare are for all those who pretend to believe in Him but reject His teachings(and commandments).

Your half brothers will always talk about heaven Jesus was allegedly building for them but always forget the Hell being heated up on the other side!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 9:01am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
Our Believe in Jesus Christ is as it is stated in our texts. Anything more/less than that is false to us.

Your half brothers will always talk about heaven Jesus was allegedly building for them but always forget the Hell being heated up on the other side!
According to Jesus Christ, your claimed belief in Him is just as meaningless as that of those who also claim to believe but refuse to obey. So I wonder why you lot even bother to begin with. This since it is those who believe yet refuse to obey that are slated to end up in Hell in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ did teach that those who do His Will of God - continually submit and obey His teaching (and commandments) - are those who belong in His family and no one who does the Will of God need bother themselves about Hell. undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 9:20am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, your claimed belief in Him is just as meaningless as that of those who also claim to believe but refuse to obey. So I wonder why you lot even bother to begin with. This since it is those who believe yet refuse to obey that are slated to end up in Hell in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ did teach that those who do His Will of God - continually submit and obey His teaching (and commandments) - are those who belong in His family and no one who does the Will of God need bother themselves about Hell. undecided

There are many issues with Christianity today. You know most of them. But a few you can't do anything than to accept them.
And that is the validity and authenticity of your scripture.

You can cherry pick whichever books you want from the pool of books but we don't buy it.

Jesus was not sent to me but to the Israelites.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 9:25am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
There are many issues with Christianity today. You know most of them. But a few you can't do anything than to accept them.
And that is the validity and authenticity of your scripture.

You can cherry pick whichever books you want from the pool of books but we don't buy it.

Jesus was not sent to me but to the Israelites.
Nothing I have said so far is about Christianity as it is today so I am not certain why the attempt to change the focus of this.....

Again.....According to Jesus Christ, your claimed belief in Him is just as meaningless as that of those who also claim to believe but refuse to obey. So I wonder why you lot even bother to begin with. This since it is those who believe yet refuse to obey that are slated to end up in Hell in the Kingdom of God. undecided

If Jesus Christ was not sent to you, where is the meaning in your claim that you acknowledge Him?undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 9:34am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nothing I have said so far is about Christianity as it is today so I am not certain why the attempt to change the focus of this.....
How did i change focus?

Again.....According to Jesus Christ, your claimed belief in Him is just as meaningless as that of those who also claim to believe but refuse to obey. So I wonder why you lot even bother to begin with. This since it is those who believe yet refuse to obey that are slated to end up in Hell in the Kingdom of God. undecided

If Jesus Christ was not sent to you, where is the meaning in your claim to believe in Him? undecided

A Christian will always want you to believe in Jesus just as s/he believes.

The way i should believe in Jesus is the way the texts of Islam states not the way it was stated in Matthew, Mark, Luke & John or other Pauline Biblical Chapters....

The beliefs of a Muslim towards ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary – peace be upon him).

1. Muslims do believe in ‘Eesa as a Prophet, a messenger and a noble slave of Allah sent to the children of Israel to call them to believe in Allah alone and to worship Him alone.

2. ‘Eesa was never a god or the son of God as the Christians claim.

3. We believe that Allaah supported him with miracles that proved he was speaking the truth. Many Prophets before him did miracles. The miracles includes ‘Eesa speaking while he was still in the cradle, breathing in to a clay bird making it turn to a live bird, healing the blind & lepers, quickening the dead, etc. All this happens solely with the permission of Allah.

4. We believe ‘Eesa has no father and his mother Maryam was a virgin. This is similar to Adam who has no father or Mother and Hawa (Eve) who has no mother but was created from Adam (peace be upon them both).

5. We believe that he permitted to the Jews some of the things that had been forbidden to them.

6. We believe that he did not die and his enemies the Jews did not kill him, rather Allaah saved him from them and raised him up to heaven alive.

7. We believe that he told his followers of the coming of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

8. We believe that he will come back down at the end of time, and will disprove the claim of his enemies the Jews that they killed him, and will disprove the claim of the Christians that he is God or the son of God, and he will not accept anything from them but Islam.

9. Then he will die and the Muslims will offer the funeral prayer for him and bury him.

These are the beliefs of a Muslim towards ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him) as founded in the Books of Islam.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 9:38am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
How did i change focus?
A Christian will always want you to believe in Jesus just as s/he believes.

The way i should believe in Jesus is the way the texts of Islam states not the way it was stated in Matthew, Mark, Luke & John or other Pauline Biblical Chapters....
I have never asked you to belehe in Jesus Christ as I do. Matter of fact, I am simply pointing out to you that your claim to believe may do your soul more harm than good since Jesus Christ did say that Hell is meant for those who say they believe buy refuse to obey. undecided

I know you seem to cling to some of what is stated in the Gospel of Jesus according to Barabas, where ignoring the awkward attempts at inserting Mohammed into the mouth of Jesus Christ, the underlying message remains pretty much the same which is that those who believe are those who do as Jesus Christ says. undecided

Also, I am used to Muslims saying one thing and doing another too. This since I have met Muslims who even go as far as to believe they have the spirit of God living on the inside of them this since they too believe in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 9:54am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I have never asked you to belehe in Jesus Christ as I do. Matter of fact, I am simply pointing out to you that your claim to believe may do your soul more harm than good since Jesus Christ did say that Hell is meant for those who say they believe buy refuse to obey. undecided
No! It doesn't do me any harm. I believe Jesus as Islam necessitates me to believe in him. Disbelieving in him also throws one out of Islam.

I know you seem to cling to some of what is stated in the Gospel of Jesus according to Barabas, where ignoring the awkward attempts at inserting Mohammed into the mouth of Jesus Christ, the underlying message remains pretty much the same which is that those who believe are those who do as Jesus Christ says. undecided
Not really! I follow no Gospel and i believe only in the Injeel revealed to Jesus not any Gospel according to any human!

Also, I am used to Muslims saying one thing and doing another too. This since I have met Muslims who even go as far as to believe they have the spirit of God living on the inside of them this since they too believe in Jesus Christ. undecided
Not only Muslims say one thing and do another thing! This exists everywhere. And you may have done that at some point in your life.
The concept of Holy Spirit and Spirit of God in Islam is not the same as that in Christianity. Some understands it and some don't even among the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
No! It doesn't do me any harm. I believe Jesus as Islam necessitates me to believe in him. Disbelieving in him also throws one out of Islam.
Not only Muslims say one thing and do another thing! This exists everywhere. And you may have done that at some point in your life.
The concept of Holy Spirit and Spirit of God in Islam is not the same as that in Christianity. Some understands it and some don't even among the Muslims.
Well, as i previously mentioned earlier on, those who believe but refuse to obey are those slated to spend eternity in Hell. I have met some Muslims who claim to have even the Holy spirit in them as a result of their belief in Jesus Christ and I wonder if they realize they harm their souls by such ideas. undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 10:03am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, as i previously mentioned earlier on, those who believe but refuse to obey are those slated to spend eternity in Hell. I have met some Muslims who claim to have even the Holy spirit in them as a result of their belief in Jesus Christ and I wonder if they realize they harm their souls by such ideas. undecided

What is to be obeyed? The same Books we don't believe in?

Where does believing in Jesus grant them Holy Spirit in Islam?
They are probably liars!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 10:06am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
1. What is to be obeyed? The same Books we don't believe in?

2. Where does believing in Jesus grant them Holy Spirit in Islam?
They are probably liars!
1. What books? You think obeying Jesus Christ means obeying books? undecided

2. You might as well be asking where in Islam is it written that it is the death penalty for blaspheming Mohammed- not even Allah. undecided

Anyways, as I said, there are some who are Muslims who claim to have the Holy spirit. undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 10:31am On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What books? You think obeying Jesus Christ means obeying books? undecided

No. It's not from Books. Jesus came to preach Christianity to you in your dreams!

2. You might as well be asking where in Islam is it written that it is the death penalty for blaspheming Mohammed- not even Allah. undecided
Keep looking for it. At least it's clear that it's in Leviticus 24.

Anyways, as I said, there are some who are Muslims who claim to have the Holy spirit. undecided

Anyone can make such claims. Even Christians claim it yet have nothing!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 10:44am On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
1. No. It's not from Books. Jesus came to preach Christianity to you in your dreams!

2. Keep looking for it. At least it's clear that it's in Leviticus 24.

3. Anyone can make such claims. Even Christians claim it yet have nothing!
1. Well, if you believe that believing in Jesus Christ is indeed about believing in books, then why do you not do as He says in even your chosen Gospel of Jesus according to Barabas?, undecided

2. As I indicated, it isn't written as a part of islam at all but is instead taken by Islamics from the constitution of the Nation of Israel given by God to the Jewish people, no different from the belief of some Muslims that they too have the Holy spirit .

3. I never said people don't do it. I simply posited that there are Muslims who believe they too have the Holy spirit as a result of their belief in Jesus. And there claim just as valid as those who believe blasphemy laws which are imported into Islam Islam another belief system. undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 12:01pm On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, if you believe that believing in Jesus Christ is indeed about believing in books, then why do you not do as He says in even your chosen Gospel of Jesus according to Barabas?, undecided
I don't believe in the Gospel of Barnabas. I believe in the Islamic texts.

2. As I indicated, it isn't written as a part of islam at all but is instead taken by Islamics from the constitution of the Nation of Israel given by God to the Jewish people, no different from the belief of some Muslims that they too have the Holy spirit .
The step is taken to deter chaos that could arise through such curses and abuses.

3. I never said people don't do it. I simply posited that there are Muslims who believe they too have the Holy spirit as a result of their belief in Jesus. And there claim just as valid as those who believe blasphemy laws which are imported into Islam Islam another belief system. undecided
It was not imported in to Islam. Islam is the one and only religion from the creation of mankind.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
1. I don't believe in the Gospel of Barnabas. I believe in the Islamic texts.

2. The step is taken to deter chaos that could arise through such curses and abuses.

3. It was not imported in to Islam. Islam is the one and only religion from the creation of mankind.
1. There are Muslims who believe in it. undecided

2. That makes no sense. undecided

3. The Law of Moses was given by God as a Constitution to the Nation of Israel. Even if Islam has been in existence since the beginning of time, why does Islam here attempt to hijack a law that belongs solely to a nation which came into existence only a couple thousand years ago?, undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 2:11pm On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There are Muslims who believe in it. undecided
Then they are wrong!

2. That makes no sense. undecided
Of cos to you but to me it does!

3. The Law of Moses was given by God as a Constitution to the Nation of Israel. Even if Islam has been in existence since the beginning of time, why does Islam here attempt to hijack a law that belongs solely to a nation which came into existence only a couple thousand years ago?, undecided
No Hijack! Moses was a Muslim according to Islam. Some of his laws from Allah are legislated as part of Islam's law from Muhammad's time.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
Then they are wrong!

Of cos to you but to me it does!

No Hijack! Moses was a Muslim according to Islam. Some of his laws from Allah are legislated as part of Islam's law from Muhammad's time.
The reason it doesn't make sense is the law was given specifically to the nation of Israel. Islam's claims to this same runs counter to the decree given by the God of Israel and so makes no sense.. undecided

So what you are insinuating here is that Moses was a liar this since he vowed to serve only the God of Israel with all of his mind, body and soul, a God that gave to Him a Law that applies only to seeds of Jacob and in the land given by God to them?, undecided
Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by AntiChristian: 5:23pm On May 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The reason it doesn't make sense is the law was given specifically to the nation of Israel. Islam's claims to this same runs counter to the decree given by the God of Israel and so makes no sense.. undecided

Many laws were given to this same Israel like "You shall not kill", "You shall not commit adultery" etc that are intact now so what are you saying?
Were those laws for only Israel? Why did Jesus tell that man to obey the commandments even mentioning some of them?

So what you are insinuating here is that Moses was a liar this since he vowed to serve only the God of Israel with all of his mind, body and soul, a God that gave to Him a Law that applies only to seeds of Jacob and in the land given by God to them?, undecided

I would never call any of the Prophets including Jesus a liar. It is the books written by men on their behalf that lies!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make It To Heaven by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
1.Many laws were given to this same Israel like "You shall not kill", "You shall not commit adultery" etc that are intact now so what are you saying?
Were those laws for only Israel? Why did Jesus tell that man to obey the commandments even mentioning some of them?

2. I would never call any of the Prophets including Jesus a liar. It is the books written by men on their behalf that lies!
1. Yes, those 613 Laws were meant only for the people of Israel who occupied the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

Um..... Jesus Christ told the man to obey the Law being that the man was of the blood of Jacob and also of the land of Israel. undecided

2. You label them all liars when you suggest that even the pledges they made to serve only the God of Israel was all a lie. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Religion And My Beliefs: You Are Free To Question And Critically Analyze Them / Iraq’s Mighty Tigris River Is Drying Up / End Time Revelations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.