Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,656 members, 7,878,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:35 AM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (51530 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 25, 2022
Officialgarri:
You should spend 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.
With HARD labor �
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:42pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I know sir, I’m asking for the right step, to take
Call the phone number and try pally with the person.
As much as possible, see if you can meet at a neutral location but make it clear you are ready to pay part of the owed amount.
But PR some of it and still pay a token for reconnection.
It will work out
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by tunapawizzy: 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
Buhari and the political class are doing their part, we the people are also doing our part in running this country to the ground. ....cant our leaders see how things are done in the US. UK, Canada and the whole of Europe. Well can't the followers also see the behavior of the people in these places.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by VenumX: 12:45pm On May 25, 2022
Wait to be dished an appropriate punishment.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by ashawopikin(m): 12:45pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
go to their office, negotiate with their oga directly
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Jaboranky(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I don’t know if it’s proper to hurriedly go to their office first or call that number first. I just don’t want to take any wrong step. I’m trying to find like 100k for hand now
don't go to any office just call the number at the back,they dropped the number for negotiations, it happened to me and we negotiated I gave them 10k,its a small thing jare since they dropped their number
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by kamilous(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2022
They will charge you a Lost of revenue as your penalty,You will only pay that and move on.If you have a good bagging skill,you may end up paying token self.
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by moyosore32: 12:49pm On May 25, 2022
Omoh God save u say no b my uncle nab u oh lol, cos even wire and meter sef u fit no meet am, buh dem go drop note for u tho that’s if ur not at home like u stated, I happen to eavesdrop my uncle bragging bout ow much a man paid, about 200k for settlement one time dey went for patrolling and spotted d mans house, d man bn no dey around na him wife dey house, d woman wanted to make noise thinking it was child’s play, not until she put a call thru to her husband who travelled outside the state for business purpose, na d man couple him wife say na both of dem fit bag sentence for such act, d woman compose and started begging before dey reached an agreement to settle and eventually disconnect the bypass shii, anyways if u live arnd Ojo and iba axis den it’s possible my uncle and his squad are d ones that nab u,so get prepared to settle or dey involve d law enforcers lol
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by doshiyad1: 12:51pm On May 25, 2022
colestephan86:

Bad Nigerian,
When they help you bypass meter , did they tell you not to recharge anything at all.
You are a bad Nigerian, you should at least pay 2k or 1500
On it

Na free thing do am this strong thing so, wey even for free town there is no free lunch. Good luck!
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Olumedico: 12:56pm On May 25, 2022
It has happened to me sometimes ago.. I didn't call nor visited them, after a mnth I visited them they told me they penalty which is 100k plus 3k per month times total of months Which we used for direct connection.I later realised that does people that came wanted to shared the money among themselves instantly we begged for 50k n they collected.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by dele2k4(m): 12:56pm On May 25, 2022
Ready to tip then #10_20k, this happened to me 5years ago in Osun state but with plea I was able to coughed out #7000 but this time ready to pay #10-20k na the country put us in this mess.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by victoreo(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Ready to pay fine of 100k for bypass and like 15k per month for the duration you bypassed the meter. Good luck
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Jaqenhghar: 1:01pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I should call the number at the back ?
Jist go there in person and vribe your way out. I know one guy who did it and blamed the landlord. He made sure he was just about leaving the house before doing so
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Haykinx98(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2022
Just go to their Nearest office and discuss your fine and be ready to face consequences of your action

Let's make Nigeria better
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Don27tiky(m): 1:04pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

why did you recharge? You would have told them you have been away for like 7 months now. You cannot recharge while you are away
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by playcharles(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2022
Can you imagine.. you bypass without recharging, see ehhh there is usually a monthly list that shows your usage and recharge... they usually go after the recharge list. If you are so wise to bypass atleast recharge 1k monthly and try as much to alternate once in a while
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by alizma: 1:10pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Try to get in touch with any PHCN staff around your area who will now take you to their office to negotiate your fine. You may spend close to 100k.
If you go alone, the law will be read to you as it is, be wise.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by tofolo(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

They had no right touching that meter without you been around.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by ekukeku(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2022
Kingzeez10:

Why not kuku take sniper and end everything once. Its a win-win situation for you.

I hope she get papa
D weereh go still get Husband tueh tueh
She don loose hope or may be dey don use her tueh tueh
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Sniper101(m): 1:31pm On May 25, 2022
Bros OP
you're not smart (sorry to say) grin

The smartest thing to do in cases whereby you bypassed your prepared metre is to, atleast, recharge the metre with 500naira every 3weeks or once a month; that way NEPA go still dey dia office dey reason am say Dem still dey chop your money Wella; via ur constant monthly recharge of 5h grin

How you think say NEPA go feel wen Dem dey look their computer screen since 8months and system dey tell Dem say u no dey recharge at all at all and yet Dem pop in your area unannounced only to see full current at every corner of your house

you sef check am naa
If na you u no go provoke?

Dis matter fit land u in court
If you no handle am well o

And that quick online recharge u did?
That's another evidence AGAINST you.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by pasuma(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2022
i had similar issue though i moved in newly and met it that way, had to settle the guys 40k on spot and reconnected everything properly, which distribution company?? Maybe I could help

Xwizard:

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 25, 2022
StarryV:
I am giving my sincere advice as a NEPA staff. First thing first, start by calling the phone number dropped for you. Of course they are expecting your call already. When you call, be as polite as you can, be very very very constructive with your words as the call might be placed on record. You might sound like you didn't know about it but also sound apologetic alongside. If the matter hasn't been reported to the higher authority, you have a chance of resolving it with the marketer for a token, but be sure it's gonna cost you some good money.
you're very evil to your employer I pray you loose your job soon,this guy is cheating your company and you're telling him to settle it with the marketer knowing well the money will not go to the company's account.So if they fold or retrench their workers and he happen to be a victim what will you say of the company you have worked for the Government of the day concerning employment

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Corporate2020: 1:50pm On May 25, 2022
Officialgarri:
You should spend 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.

For using our own light distributed by own company which was sold by Atikucukwu Abubkar to one of his friends? The thief here is the distribution company not the user.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Slynation(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2022
colestephan86:

Bad Nigerian,
When they help you bypass meter , did they tell you not to recharge anything at all.
You are a bad Nigerian, you should at least pay 2k or 1500
On it
don't mind them, something most Nigerians are doing, but this set always love awoof to the bearest minimum
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Faithfulness88: 1:52pm On May 25, 2022
Bypassing of meter is a serious offence. You can be fined up to 100k. Moving forward try to manage your units and avoid bypassing.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Pintus: 1:53pm On May 25, 2022
Go and pay the fine
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by onomeabuja: 1:54pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Well since d meter is still in ur possession, u can go $ negotiate with them.
It happens to us last month, we will use d main credit in d morning bt when it gets to 4pm we will bypass it in oder to pump d borehole bt unfortunate for us , we forgot to remove it one saturday bearing in mind that they nepa dnt operate on saturday bt i believe that it was informant that told nepa so, they just drove down to our house $ disconnected d wire with d meter n took it away.We have to go to their office $ we were told to pay 50k bt after much plea, we paid 10k only.....since then , na our unit we de use ooooo because no body want wahala grin
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by faithfull18(f): 1:54pm On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:
some are very mean they won’t write their number you must go office go pay. Na so dem run me when I got there I saw that the lady that did d job was around 47 years no husband. Very sad lady they gave me 300k I just went and continued with the bypass. Even if I must pay I will use that 300k double before paying. Shebi buhari go borrow imf money come talk say I’m wan increase electricity tariffs in order to pay back.
What has the lady's age and marital status got to do with the bad you did

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Slynation(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Your surest bet is to call the number, if you go to there Office you might likely meet one patriotic Nigerian citizen and escalate the case yourself...grin But you have every chances of navigating your way out when you contact the person that caught you, everything will be settled behind closed doors... Because normally, they ought to have left with your meters irrespective of the resistance they encountered during your absence...
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by BoboKush(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2022
Normal normal..... They do state it
If u buy pass.... A fee of 50k or xo will be charged or imprisonment

Na Nigeria we dey... Follow the number talk and don't bribe them pass 50k

Even official payment if caught no pass 100k or 6 months option

So ma fo
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Polyol(m): 2:13pm On May 25, 2022
I'm bypassing. I'll never be caught. I'm smart about it.

with the poor power supply and what postpaid customers suffer, those bastards don't deserve pity. Bypass if you can and if you're caught like OP, settle them and continue bypassing. They don't deserve pity. They're all wicked.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Polyol(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2022
Slynation:
don't mind them, something most Nigerians are doing, but this set always love be awoof to the bearest minimum

I've been using mine for 2months now, I never recharge. I fit no recharge till this year finish. Their papa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gorilla ‘swallows’ N6.8m In Kano Zoo / Lady Disgraces A Man Who Refused To Pay For Sex / Man Butchers Friend In Akwa Ibom (warning: Graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.