Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,654 members, 7,878,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (51529 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Polyol(m): 2:17pm On May 25, 2022
jackslow:
you're very evil to your employer I pray you loose your job soon,this guy is cheating your company and you're telling him to settle it with the marketer knowing well the money will not go to the company's account.So if they fold or retrench their workers and he happen to be a victim what will you say of the company you have worked for the Government of the day concerning employment

Na God go punish you.

Just when I was about saying good staffs still exist and you're saying this thrash.

Na God go punish you again.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by officerfudo: 2:23pm On May 25, 2022
Don’t be afraid, they will threaten hell and brimstone, just leave them like a week , they will come and bargain the bribe you will pay and believe me it’s not much.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by o9o9: 2:23pm On May 25, 2022
Thieves... And same people want a better country... How much is 5k per month you can't pay? But nope. Nigerians would always want to game the system.

If you multiplied the 8months you used it for free by 5/6k average that should be around 60 to 70k max. Now you are going to be paying twice on penalties with the embarrassment and you have to be begging after paying twice. Don't you lots have self respect?

A lot of Nigerians just don't have commonsense.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Slynation(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2022
Polyol:

I've been using mine for 2months now, I never recharge. I fit no recharge till this year finish. Their papa.
hmmm...better recharge oO, cos when e go set, you go know say Egbe and Egbe get the same spelling but different meaning...
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Olayetan(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

Hmm
I don't wanna encourage bribery but when they come again and ask them for what they can do for assistance.

Don't fear, nothing wey money no fit solve for 9ja.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by molas02: 2:53pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I don’t know if it’s proper to hurriedly go to their office first or call that number first. I just don’t want to take any wrong step. I’m trying to find like 100k for hand now
100k ontop of waiting....that shows u have not been nice to them... U should have been tipping them with 1k 2k time before now since you know u bypass ur meter as case be like this na like 15 to 40k u go just give them.... Right now 1st call the number and from whatever he tells you on phone will determine the next move.... Who knows even the person may not report the case in their office expecting you to call so as to kolobi the kola u will pay
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by darediamond(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2022
You already admitted your mistake.

Go to there office to Negotiate on how to return back to them the dues.

Now after the whole show ends, PLEASE START USING solar generator.

Buy solar panels of at least 300W, inverter of 500W/500Watt which makes it 1 Kilowatt, 40Amp MPPT solar controller and 4 12Volt 18Ah Mercury Deep Cycle SLA Batteries.

Why put yourself in bondage to NEPA over your Money when Free FREEDOM is available in Solar which ones you buy the Panels to start with and Controller and Inverter as well Battery which is optional, you will need no Nepa Power anymore, power your devices with piece of mind once you return back home in the night or when ever you wish?

I am more than ready to assist you or anyone who needs help in sizing the Solar Gen for his or her needs.

You do not need Millions to have a Solar Gen which comprises of Panel(s), Solar controller, Inverter, Super Capacitors (optional) and yes Battery which you cab Make yourself using a well prepared activated Charcoal and Salt and Hypochloride and yes PVC Pipes of two different Sizes. You also nee copper and Alluminium thich wires or plates which you can cheaply get from my Honorable Igbo Brothers who are into the Business.

See, Money is not enough, KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS, FREEDOM AND PEACE OF ANY TYPE IN LIFE.

Good afternoon Bro..

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Gee64: 3:13pm On May 25, 2022
Call one of the officers and let him/her tell you what to do.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by seunjungle1(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2022
You've been eating NEPA from behind since but now they caught you red handed...you are very greedy and not a patriotic Nigerian.
I understand that the way Electricity companies coded their meter selling to consumers are very bad when it comes to consumption to the extent some consumers don't any option than to drop uses of Meters for bills.
But you on the other hand did not try at all, no loading for the past 8months and you think you're cheating NEPA not knowing that you're cheating yourself.
My advise goes this way. Never give it sharp and very fast approach to them...

Correct the bypass meter
Don't use the light for like a month
After a month look for their marketer covering your area....explain your problem to him/her(he/she knows already). He/She will be the one to handle the issue and you must ready to spend for settlement.

Listen well, don't give it any approach now. Let the tension go down first because they are expecting you to come and eat you raw.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by justdream(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2022
StarryV:
They will upload the pictures or maybe send their report if they wait for your phone call for too long

When it happened to me, tho i dint bypass, mine was negative reading, they dint waste no time in uploading it. Thats how wicked ACCESS POWER staff are.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by pongwa(m): 3:21pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
goan settle, you will be fine
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:23pm On May 25, 2022
tofolo:
They had no right touching that meter without you been around.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mukthar2000(m): 3:24pm On May 25, 2022
Anhh, court loading ooo
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Gee64: 3:29pm On May 25, 2022
U be robber....I nor be robber
U be thief.., I nor be thief
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Saidu22(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2022
You are going to spend money before this case can be drop against you if not you will be charge to court. Just look for one of they staff that's reliable, he will tell u what to do without involving police, if not they may arrest u.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Onimichael: 3:48pm On May 25, 2022
My friend has been in ur shoes b4 just call d number u can negotiate jare its not a big issue
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Eleponblue(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

You sef you no try! Truth be told...how can you stay 8months without recharging Haba bros!!! They are no fools na check and see...just call the number at the back and negotiate! I repeat negotiate!!! Insist on seeing the undersigned face to face and i repeat negotiate! Everyone has a price tag...moreover, give that your neighbor a cold � beer...never allow them to go with your meter...good luck!
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mindtricks: 3:51pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

You should have a marketer who is their staff kiind of assigned to liase with you, he should be one to have come found you out.
You should contact him first, if that fails the next in line, most likely in the usual Nigerian way, they might want you to settle them. Tampering fee should be around 50-100k, not too sure.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mindtricks: 3:57pm On May 25, 2022
darediamond:
You already admitted your mistake.

Go to there office to Negotiate on how to return back to them the dues.

Now after the whole show ends, PLEASE START USING solar generator.

Buy solar panels of at least 300W, inverter of 500W/500Watt which makes it 1 Kilowatt, 40Amp MPPT solar controller and 4 12Volt 18Ah Mercury Deep Cycle SLA Batteries.

Why put yourself in bondage to NEPA over your Money when Free FREEDOM is available in Solar which ones you buy the Panels to start with and Controller and Inverter as well Battery which is optional, you will need no Nepa Power anymore, power your devices with piece of mind once you return back home in the night or when ever you wish?

I am more than ready to assist you or anyone who needs help in sizing the Solar Gen for his or her needs.

You do not need Millions to have a Solar Gen which comprises of Panel(s), Solar controller, Inverter, Super Capacitors (optional) and yes Battery which you cab Make yourself using a well prepared activated Charcoal and Salt and Hypochloride and yes PVC Pipes of two different Sizes. You also nee copper and Alluminium thich wires or plates which you can cheaply get from my Honorable Igbo Brothers who are into the Business.

See, Money is not enough, KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS, FREEDOM AND PEACE OF ANY TYPE IN LIFE.

Good afternoon Bro..

Lots of wisdom. Any contact to hear more from you about this alternative power source?
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

you'll be asked to pay a hefty fine, dazzall
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Bertino(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2022
DSC7:
Arrange 200k to waste on the issue.....

Admit you are guilty of bypassing....

Call your marketer, explain to him and he will tell you how to share the money...

Las las na settlement go do am.

See as una dey call 200k like delegates. Hold 30k for ask am how he be? Everywhere get as he be.
Nur be you vote Buhari. Na personal choppings.
@Xwizard
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Kanmi87: 4:38pm On May 25, 2022
No issues bro, just calm down and call the phone number der and both party start negotiation. Case close
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Gfrey6(m): 4:41pm On May 25, 2022
I hope my message is not coming late.
The best thing to do like any lawyer will advise you is to deny knowledge of the bypassing.
Even if you are caught in the act, deny it.
Plead not guilty.
Secondly blame them for cutting your light.
Don't ask for any way forward, like how much you will pay.
If they remove the prepaid meter get someone to rebypass it again for you.
This time around, go to their office to let them know your next line of action, court case.
This worked for my numerous clients.
I wish you the best.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by benson81(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
I will tell you how my neighbor handled his own when same thing happened to him. He started paying small small tokens into the meter without connecting back the power.he got a point from his neighbor and was jointly paying.He did this about one year and reconnected his power and continued paying his bill. It's is dangerous bypassing these days because days the discos are very serious about revenue.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by bizzibodi(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
classicdealz:
Happened to me last month, my last time of recharge was 18 months ago, they charged me 50k plus 277k accumulated bill, they told me i have to pay it, that they can help me divide the payments, the payment was already on my prepaid, so i bought card of 327k, i just paid them the 327,000 at once
Not recharging for 18months that is evil now see how karma has caught you even post paid who hangs wire will not pay that much?
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Unrated900(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I know sir, I’m asking for the right step, to take

Tag @tundednut
Tell him to help you send a police van to come pick you.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Polyol(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2022
Slynation:
hmmm...better recharge oO, cos when e go set, you go know say Egbe and Egbe get the same spelling but different meaning...

Na new meter. E come with 5k worth of units. No light during the day, I bypass at night.

The units dey dey look me as I dey look am.

Of course if I run out of unit I go recharge but how I wan take run out when e be say na night I dey see light.

Nobody thief pass those bastard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by bizzibodi(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2022
It is the innocent post paid customers that are made to made up for this lost of revenue by outrageous charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by alaska4life: 5:08pm On May 25, 2022
Call the number, first. But bear in mind you will pay more than 5 months Nepa bill
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by GloriousGbola: 5:09pm On May 25, 2022
bizzibodi:
It is the innocent post paid customers that are made to made up for this lost of revenue by outrageous charges.

Yep
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Smartmanager(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2022
Prophetmohamm:
call them and negotiate, the meter is still in your custody, there's hope the issue will be resolved. Call and negotiate.
Hopefully it will work. I can attest to that.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Mina79(f): 5:48pm On May 25, 2022
Born2Breed:

Don't encourage others.
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gorilla ‘swallows’ N6.8m In Kano Zoo / Lady Disgraces A Man Who Refused To Pay For Sex / Man Butchers Friend In Akwa Ibom (warning: Graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.