Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,760 members, 7,969,234 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss (478 Views)

Wike To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Loss At PDP Primaries / PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS / Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by fergie001: 5:44pm On May 24, 2022
Benson Rollands Igbakpa, member representing Ethiope Federal Constituency has lost his re-election bid under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) umbrella.

Igbakpa, elected in 2019 had returned 34 votes alongside Erhiatake Ibori-Suenu in the Primaries during the weekend with the rerun scheduled today where he lost 22-46 votes to the latter.

Ethiope Federal Constituency comprises Ethiope West and Ethiope East Local Government Areas.

Igbakpa's reaction via twitter

I have lost my re-election bid.

Being the representative of my people at @HouseNGR is one of the greatest honours of my life. This journey that has seen us break barriers will come to an end in 2023. Until then, I will be full of dignity and gratitude for the opportunity.

This is not the outcome we wanted. It is not the outcome the people of Ethiope Federal Constituency wanted. The cheers on Sunday, May 22, 2022, demonstrated that but it does not satisfy the appetite of a few to revise our progress and blur the vision of our people.

I feel proud of what we have built together in 3 years. We have touched the vast expanse of Ethiope Federal Constituency and given our people a loud voice. We have energized our resolve in this instance and vow to continue in the same spirit for progress and unity.

I represent a place, where the majority are good and recognize competence. They invested their hopes and expected quality representation. The public opinion is that we delivered and realized the dreams of most people. All of these have been painfully stolen by the establishment.

The grave silence on the streets amplifies the fatal setback for Ethiope Federal Constituency. My contest was never about me but for the people. Hence their grief. Neither I nor the people prevailed in our hope for sustenance. We have now seen what force and intimidation can do.

I will always remain devoted to the development of the Ethiope Federal Constituency and continue to advance my belief in democratic good governance. I wish the winners of today's re-run all the best and I pray that the losers (the people) can endure the outcome and the aftermath.

Erhiatake Ibori-Suenu is the daughter of former Delta State Governor, James Onanefe-Ibori. Married to Badagry-born Abioye Suenu, the lawyer-cum-politician was elected in 2015 and 2019 representing Ethiope West State Constituency in the Delta State House of Assembly.

Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by Malory: 5:44pm On May 24, 2022
Nice one from him. You lost and accepted it in good faith. Not someone that was threatening to fight dirty and unleash mayhem on anyone who stands on his way to Aso rock

1 Like

Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by fergie001: 5:46pm On May 24, 2022
Ben Igbakpa openly backed by the Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa lost against the daughter of the Delta strongman.

Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by pyyxxaro: 5:48pm On May 24, 2022
The Daughter of a Great Thief cool

Let the Looooting continue

1 Like

Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by akusucymon: 5:51pm On May 24, 2022
A good race, but ibori is popular among his ppl .
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by dfrost: 6:00pm On May 24, 2022
pyyxxaro:
The Daughter of a Great Thief cool

Let the Looooting continue

pyyxxaro this table you are shaking, has no legs. cheesy
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by fergie001: 6:10pm On May 24, 2022
dfrost:

pyyxxaro this table you are shaking, has no legs. cheesy
E be like say the Honourable member vex
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by dfrost: 6:40pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

I tell you cheesy grin
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by pyyxxaro: 7:55pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

ONANEFE don give them offer when there nor fit reject
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by Seredebe: 7:57pm On May 24, 2022
He lost to James Ibori's daughter

1 Like

Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by fergie001: 8:10pm On May 24, 2022
pyyxxaro:

ONANEFE don give them offer when there nor fit reject
As in ehn.....

dfrost:

I tell you cheesy grin
E dey disguise grin
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by ogaemma: 8:47pm On May 24, 2022
@ Ben Igbakpa, you reminds me of Ambode.
This is what you get when a god fathers imposes you against your peoples wish.
Those who imposed you have deposed you to impose their daughter full stop.
Re: I pray The people Can Endure The Aftermath: Rep Igbakpa Reacts After Loss by powerfulguy: 8:49pm On May 24, 2022
Heard he tried, but that's politics.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING : 2023. Oyo APC Guber Primaries Suspended / BREAKING!!! Jubilation As Engr Felix Igboke Emerges APC Candidate (photos) / New Buhari Song - Osekini By Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.