Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi (344 Views)

2023: Buratai Endorses Amaechi For President / 2023: Emir Of Dutse Endorses Amaechi For President / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's EASTER Message To Christians Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi by Utanisco(m): 7:45pm On May 27, 2022
Good Day Gentlemen of the Press

At a time like this when Nigeria is at the cusp and threshold of another electoral cycle, it’s a moment for well meaning Nigerian’s to assist with the provision of a directional compass and torchlight that will hopefully point the way forward for us all.

It’s against this background that I have decided to call this press conference primarily targeted at APC DELEGATES, who are preparing to cast their votes very soon for that Presidential Candidate that will fly it’s Presidential Banner in the 2023 Presidential Elections.

This press conference is of course also targeted at Nigerians who will eventually cast their votes for their favoured Presidential candidate at the nick of time.

This intervention has become a compelling political sinequanon at a time when all manner of persons have shown interest in becoming Nigeria’s President.

Let me say without equivocation and post-haste too, that if we are looking for a man deeply committed to PROJECT NIGERIA, then both the APC AND NIGERIAN’S, should only look at the direction of HON. CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI.

I dare say with a huge sense of historic responsibility and a deep commitment to Nigeria, that of all the APC Presidential aspirants seeking the electoral imprimatur of our APC delegates, HON CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI, is the only one coming to the Presidential table with the necessary composite and cognate experience suited for the job.

He has been forged in the furnace of parliamentary interstices where he became Speaker of the River’s state House of Assembly for 8 years and also the Chairman of the Conference of Speakers for those 8 year’s.

He also brings with him the experience of been a Governor of Rivers State for 8 years in which period, his colleagues also elected him as Chairman of the Governors Forum for 8 years.

Only until recently, he was a member of Nigeria’s Federal Executive Council, where he served and very successfully too as Minister for Transportation for about 7 years.

Gentleman of the Press, who else among the Presidential aspirants comes to the Presidential contest with such a cognate experience? NONE, I INSIST

But for me, equally of importance and a matter for significant focal hiceps and biceps is the fact that HON CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI, has served meritoriously, without blemish and coruscatingly so, in all these offices he has held, and i will now proceed to give a few examples not been able to exhaust his strings of achievements in a press conference of this nature.

Nigeria is today, currently steeped in a guagmire of insecurity bugbear and i dare say with all sense of humility and responsibility that he’s the ONLY APC PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT, that had been faced with this kind of hydra-headed security challenge which he tackled headlong and very successfully too as Governor of Rivers State.

Let me quickly recall that at the time when HON CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI, became the Governor of Rivers State, the Port Harcourt he inherited was like a war and sanguinary zone where life had become nasty, brutish and short. It was a Port Harcourt that the Human Resources of the New York based Marsh & McLennan Cos, had ranked as comparable only to Baghdad, the war torn Iraqi capital and going by the ranking published by Bloomberg at that time, Port Harcourt was stigmatised as one of the world’s most dangerous cities.

It was to HON ROTIMI AMAECHI’S credit that he confronted the security challenge, which had morphed into a gorgon medusa upon his assumption of office and wrestled it to a standstill. He led from the front as a political generalisimo and through a combined husbandry of putting in place a technology driven security architecture and a democratic rejigging of the Rivers State economy, Rivers State became a haven for foreign investments and for both national and international championships and events such as the hosting of the US-NIGERIA Bi-National Conference.

On the educational frontiers, *HON CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI was a dazzling success with the educational revolution he launched. It had so much of a far reaching effect that he attracted to himself both national and international plaudits. He was commended at that time by UNICEF for his prodigious commitment to both health and educational infrastructure. He also got encomiums from the former Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert.

He declared a state of emergency in the education sector on assumption of office in October 2007, that he had to take over the payment of salaries of primary school and junior secondary school teachers which was the statutory functions of local governments. That intervention cost the state government about Two Billion Naira monthly. Not to talk of the numerous international scholarships he awarded. He awarded over 3,000 foreign and local scholarships, employed over 13,000 teachers, made education free from primary to secondary level, supported the University of Port Harcourt, a federal government institution with infrastructure and human capital development, made school fees for undergraduate students in all Rivers State-owned Higher institutions uniform, with a host of other giant strides.

On Road Infrastructure, his love and attachments to the hoi po loi and the lumpen proletariat is conspicuously noticed and felt against the backdrop of the fact that 70 percent of his road infrastructure were located in the rural areas with 30 percent within the greater Port Harcourt metropolis.

His love for the poor people is also felt in the Health sector, with his provision of free health services to all her citizens in all government-owned hospitals or health centres.

MINISTERIAL PORTFOLIO

One can safely pontificate that whilst HON.CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI served as Minister of Transportation in the Federal Executive Council, until recently, he brought a singular and perfervid determination to bear in the clinical discharge of his responsibilities as usual, that he became one of the defining and remarkable success beacons of the Buhari administration. The revolution that HON.CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI brought to bear in the transportation sector and particularly in the Railway Revolution and Maritime security is unmatched and unequalled in Nigeria. The details of his strides in this area is recent history and it’s an ineffable feat that’s visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.

My fellow APC DELEGATES, we are currently at the threshold of history, where we need a Nigerian President not only forged in the furnace of deep political experience that traverses both parliamentary interstices and executive governmental acumen, both at the state and national level, which AMAECHI ALONE BRINGS TO THE PRESIDENTIAL TABLE, we also need a President that has shown considerable passion for the Nigerian project. One that has robustly demonstrated his national bridge building capacity with broad and deep experience in governance. An audacious and compassionate soul personality, who more importantly, HAS A PROVEN AND TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESSFULLY SMASHING TO SMITHEREENS THE OCTOPOIDAL MONSTER OF ALL FORMS AND MANNER OF SECURITY CHALLENGES. That man is HON. CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI

It’s on this note that i use the opportunity of this press conference in appealing to ALL APC DELEGATES to the Presidential National Convention, to vote in HON.CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI, as the APC PRESIDENTIAL FLAG BEARER for the 2023 Presidential Elections.

I thank you Gentlemen of the Press for honouring my invitation to this PRESS CONFERENCE

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/why-apc-and-nigeria-need-amaechi-as-next-president-obahiagbon/
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi by Utanisco(m): 7:45pm On May 27, 2022
which had morphed into a gorgon medusa

Lol

1 Like

Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi by derecho(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2022
Na hin girama I come see
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi by gasparpisciotta: 8:06pm On May 27, 2022
Obahiagbon is a political jobber
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi by ObosiLandlord(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2022
Is he part of Edo State delegates? If not, is endorsement is useless for now.

1 Like

Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Endorses Amaechi by IgOga(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2022
Wike dey hold Amaechi balls now...if he do anyhow Wike go squeeze something....Wike fit involve EFCC before you know it Amaechi and Rochas fit become bunkmate for EFCC

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: EFCC Agents Storm PDP Primary Election Venue / A Senator Lola Ashiru 'again' Is An Insult On Kwara Southerners / When Is Reno Apologizing To Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.