Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 (456 Views)

Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi / Biafra Heroes Day: Igbos, Asari Dokubo, Ijaw, Ogoni, Annang Celebrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 by AlexBells(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2022
I strongly believe that Ahmedu Bello of Blessed memory couldn't have resisted the Biafran exit, it had always been his long term desire to let the Igbos whom he once described as vermims go.

I know as at today that the North of Nigeria is under seige, and the only credible voice from the North (Northern Elders) had been silenced.

Majority of the people would think that Kaduna Nzeogwu was inspired by some sort of federal passion or regional instigations but little did they know that Kaduna Nzeogwu was more or less a Northerner and felt the same tragedy the people of Southern Kaduna feel today, he saw these coming and the January 15 boys did the bidding of som particular set of Northerners who have seized power ever since.

Just a while back, the Emir of Kano (Lamido Sanusi) was deposed, such was the balkanization of the traditional Emirate system of Northern Nigeria hence the majority Husas of the North wanted to get back to the emirate by using Nzeogwu who greatly was apologetic to the suffering of the Northern Hausas and other minorities.

Nzeogwu was not alone, as there was Federal character in the execution of the 1966 coup however failing in the East, it is something that is regrettable then in all of these the war started, but Ahmedu Bello (Allah Rest his soul) was no longer available, he could have easily let Igbos go.

The majority of the war was fought with Yakubu Gowon and Obafemi Awolowo taking the leads, majority of the Fulanis were mere foot soldiers as Buhari would testify in one of his speech about his long work for Nigeria during Biafra.

The way I see it, the North and West would soon get back to their traditional zeal to break free from Nigeria given their fear of Igbo dominion and the Igbos may go back to either wanting a continuation of Nigeria or fold our hands and watch Nigeria melt.

My Heroes day Message to Igbos, the future of Nigeria is quite unkown, we maybe looking at a thousand years or a thousand hours all of which isn't surprising a time for statehood but whichever way without reliable structure we maybe shortchanged.

The foundation of Biafra is as shaky as the foundation of Nigeria, a monolithic Biafra could work, but even such would be too early, Biafra as we know if not remodelled is way ahead of it's time. What the Igbos need right now is a Bismarck that would match for the Unification of AlaIgbo first by which we can be ready for any eventuality.

Like my father once told me, life is race whereby at some time we should hand the batton, even at 27 I think that whoever that should take the baton should aim more for the Unification of AlaIgbo under the commonwealth of Nigeria in readiness for any eventuality this shall corroborate with Zik's earlier speech around 1949 where he suggested a confederation of Igbo states likening the situation to 5 fingers in one hand, all being separate but dependent.

I dare say that it is not the destiny of the Igbos to leave this union of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria first, if division becomes eminent, we shall stick back until the minorities especially exit safely. Then we consolidate our Lands and government with whatever that is left of Nigeria.

As the Biafran heroes day continue, I thank Emeka Ojukwu and all the Heroes of Biafra especially Achuzuzie, Nwuboshi and Kaduna Nzeogwu, they all showed the resolve of the Igbo nation to fight if threatened, the war cost over a million lives but it became a huge deterrent winning us a considerable protection in the really dangerous terrain of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

May the soul of all the departed Biafrans rest in peace. May Allah grant rest to Ahmedu Bello and Tafawa Ballawa, May God rest the souls of L. Akintola, Ironsi, Fajuyi, E. Ifeajuna and all the great people whose prime were cut short by the genesis of Nigeria's unavoidable bloodshed.
Re: Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 by helinues: 8:39pm On May 30, 2022
Toh
Re: Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 by Malory: 8:43pm On May 30, 2022
Biafra would have been in the same level with USA and other developed countries by now

1 Like

Re: Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 by Yukov(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2022
Colonel Chukwuma Nzeogwu though was from Delta but brought up in Kaduna. He killed the major stakeholders in Nigeria as a that time for his selfish interest and not for the good of one Nigeria.

He betrayed the trust of the people that brought him up (Kaduna People) by killing the Sarduana.

He action alone and that of Ojukwu brought upon the death of millions of Alaigbo

They are the architect of the stigmatisation against the Alaiggo
They only meant well for there people and not the entire Nigeria.

They were just being selfish.
Re: Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 by richmind2019(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2022
Heroes of a lost dream. Biafuro can never be accomplished that is just the bitter truth.
We should all come together to vote a good president not glooming for war.
Re: Biafra Heroes Day, Biafra could have Come If Ahmedu Bello Was Alive In 1967 by Yukov(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2022
Malory:
Biafra would have been in the same level with USA and other developed countries by now

What's now hindering there development?

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primaries Sequence Of Events / “I See Danger, Your Kingdom Has Been Badly Balkanised”, Fayose Writes Tinubu / Osinbajo Receives Prime Minister Of Guinea In Aso Rock PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.