Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,371 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo (1894 Views)

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Atiku Jettisons PDP Committee Report, To Pick Okowa As Running Mate / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by AlexBells(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2022
amuwo1980:

So obi is the only Igbo politician in PDP ? Don’t come off as a dumb person in your bid to fool everyone else .
Don't come off as an Afonja, Obi is the most likely to win with Atiku as a due as it stands now, Okowa is the most popular Igbo governor in PDP, Ugwuanyi is going for Senate and Ikpeazu is quite not marketable besides him and Ugwuanyi was rooting for Nwike then Who else, Okowa will bring South South to the table and also impact voting in the East, politics is not about sentiments, go eat Some ewedu, you go dey alright lass lass
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by ScamHunter: 9:15pm On May 31, 2022
bjdon:
You guys are soooooo funny. You really can't see whats happening. Fulani Atiku taking over from Fulani Buhari, will cement Fulani domination for a generation.

Only you have made sense so far
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by amuwo1980: 10:51pm On May 31, 2022
AlexBells:

Don't come off as an Afonja, Obi is the most likely to win with Atiku as a due as it stands now, Okowa is the most popular Igbo governor in PDP, Ugwuanyi is going for Senate and Ikpeazu is quite not marketable besides him and Ugwuanyi was rooting for Nwike then Who else, Okowa will bring South South to the table and also impact voting in the East, politics is not about sentiments, go eat Some ewedu, you go dey alright lass lass
Never in ur miserable life call me an afonja , am not from that cursed peril , my grouse is that u can’t claim to be Igbo as u please , it must be steady and u make the sacrifices needed
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by AlexBells(m): 11:12pm On May 31, 2022
amuwo1980:

Never in ur miserable life call me an afonja , am not from that cursed peril , my grouse is that u can’t claim to be Igbo as u please , it must be steady and u make the sacrifices needed
How much of a sacrifice do you want Aniomas to make, you seem to forget that the Igbo is more like the greek city states in a stage not yet unified, before Alexander the great or maybe the father, greek were more of city states where Athens and Spartans were the two major city states,

How much of a price do you want Aniomas to pay, they were Massacred in Asaba when most of their fighters was busy in Biafra, they have more than paid the price, also there is the trauma of staying near enemies of the Igbos just at the other end of the Niger, even moses denied being Israelite until it was time
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by paramakina202: 11:17pm On May 31, 2022
AlexBells:
The First instance of Eastern/Western Igbo unity was through a very horrible history, the Story of Kaduna Nzeogwu by which most of us are familiar, it was a horrible Unification a traumatic one at that; in spite of that we in the East stood together with our brothers across the Niger and even before the war proper Igbos were Massacred, fast foward to the civil war, our ranking soldiers across the bank of the Niger came and fought for the East, if Atiku deems it fit to pick Okowa it will bring a time of desired Igbo unification which to me is more important than instant South East/Igbo presidency.

I'm not certain that Atiku/Okowa would win but at least it will solve one puzzle, that since the death of Kaduna Nzeogwu in Nsukka, another Anioma son who have reached the heights to be regarded as Anioma leader would fly the flag for the Igbos, whether by choice or by accident.

Obi and labour party is our plan C pending if APC fields a Northern candidate then Obi would make a good outing, however Atiku/Okowa would sweep the South South/South East votes. Obi would be a bomb should North win APC as aggrieved APC and PDP members like Wike and others that would be emerging in APC maybe forced to support Obi after the primaries, I just went with this narrative to show you that we have Obi at the back of our mind.

It is no longer news that Okowa was one of the person that nailed Nwike in the last PDP primaries, something about Aniomas they are very badass and they may even hate The utterances and actions of Nwike against Igbos more than we Igbos in the South East do.

No matter the conditions of the South East Igbo in Nigeria, no matter how bad things get for us, I can never deny the South East Igbos, because we didn't turn our back on our brothers across the Niger when it could have been easy to deny Nzeogwu, we stood and took the bullets.

How do people deny us for something we didnt start, Ojukwu was instrumental to the quelling of the coup, to the quelling of the Niger Delta rebellion led by Adaka borro.

Let Anioma campaign with the trademark of Igbo, Okowa is Atiku's best option currently, I hope he makes the right choice. I really want to see someone much closer to Nzeogwu, someone who is as well shocked by the Asaba massacre, someone who believes in self preservation a product of the Ekumeku resistance generation who fought the British for over 30 years.

Okowa has what it takes to heal the wounds, to secure the land and return the glory, East or West, mainland or Delta Igbo, we are one. Ohaneze should stop embarrassing with their political naivety, they should support Atiku to pick Okowa while preparing a South Eastener for Senate President.

Stop writing falsehood as a fact.
Eastern and Western Igbos was united under NCNC and Igbo state Union decades before january 1966 coup.
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2022
For me I prefer
Atiku and wike

Men I go must vote for them
Wike you’ve won my heart
Nah man you be

1 Like

Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by AlexBells(m): 11:52pm On May 31, 2022
paramakina202:

Stop writing falsehood as a fact.
Eastern and Western Igbos was united under NCNC and Igbo state Union decades before january 1966 coup.
NCNC was a party, Igbo state Union is just like Ohaneze, so you should know where I'm going, and I mean blood bond so stop displaying your know it all syndrome meanwhile, go write your own
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by paramakina202: 12:23am On Jun 01, 2022
AlexBells:

NCNC was a party, Igbo state Union is just like Ohaneze, so you should know where I'm going, and I mean blood bond so stop displaying your know it all syndrome meanwhile, go write your own

1966 event was a coup in which Yoruba,Igbo,Tiv,Idoma,Efik and Hausa was involve how was it a blood bond between Anioma and SE?
You left important political and cultural bonds that existed between the two brotherly regions to talk about bloody coup that ended in calamity.
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by AlexBells(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2022
paramakina202:

1966 event was a coup in which Yoruba,Igbo,Tiv,Idoma,Efik and Hausa was involve how was it a blood bond between Anioma and SE?
You left important political and cultural bonds that existed between the two brotherly regions to talk about bloody coup that ended in calamity.
Because everyone else Involved was absolved and it was called Igbo coup by which millions of Igbos as result later succumbed
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by paramakina202: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2022
AlexBells:

Because everyone else Involved was absolved and it was called Igbo coup by which millions of Igbos as result later succumbed
Do you have to agree with them when it is not true?
Take a look at your misleading opening statement.

The First instance of Eastern/Western Igbo unity was through a very horrible history, the Story of Kaduna Nzeogwu by which most of us are familiar, it was a horrible Unification a traumatic one at that-AlexBells.
Pure falsohood.
ANIOMA and SE was politically and culturally united through NCNC and Igbo state union before Nzeogwu was born.
Re: If Atiku Pick Okowa that will Break The Nzeogwu Spell thereby Uniting AlaIgbo by AlexBells(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
paramakina202:

Do you have to agree with them when it is not true?
Take a look at your misleading opening statement.

The First instance of Eastern/Western Igbo unity was through a very horrible history, the Story of Kaduna Nzeogwu by which most of us are familiar, it was a horrible Unification a traumatic one at that-AlexBells.
Pure falsohood.
ANIOMA and SE was politically and culturally united through NCNC and Igbo state union before Nzeogwu was born.
Oga, you are trying had to make sense but you are not making even a single sense, if you are talking about such unity, you are even wrong because both East and West Igbos had been United for thousands of years, even before The coming of the whites, so you are talking total rubish when you want to cajole another by making your own Submission that's totally wrong,

Even before the bridge Igbos had crossed the Niger so you are stressing a different thing and I tell you what, you can't decide what I think and you dont have such loqus to even make a contribution in this case, go and write about your Igbo state union however personally believe nothing had amplified United Igbo identity more than the saga of Kaduna Nzeogwu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is CAN Destroying Peaceful Co-existence In NIGERIA? / "The Obidients, I See You" - Peter Obi Says After Benue State Mega Rally / Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.