Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,325 members, 7,978,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:51 PM

Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) (49631 Views)

Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs / Okada Ban: Lagos Set To Crush Another 2,228 Motorcycles / Okada Ban: Lagos Government Meets Arewa Community, Issues Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by DJInfluence: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
waldigit:
This is clueless. Those bike can be converted to mini plough, planter and other farm implements that can be distributed to farmers free. Only conversation is needed. Sanwo can't you think?
Though you have a point. But knowing Nigeria mentality, most of the bikes will return to the road if the option you are proffering is tried. If the other riders see that this is the end result when caught, they will think twice. As much as I feel for some riders, this moves is welcome. Which sane person will be riding a bike on the highway going the wrong way? They don't even know the traffic rules.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Map1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
tellsblinks:
They should do same thing for kekenapep
Thunder Balogun fire you RPG.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by generalwo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
Personally i do not like wastage but it's better to waste these motorcycles than waste human lives..... Aboki too much for 9ja.....make them reduce small.... Haba!!! Everywhere u go, aboki must get kiosk for there and plenty hooligans wen dey find werin dem wan thief.... If them get one brother wen dey guard house... Na so all of them go dey pack go there go stay with am..... Fear no go let the owner of the house talk make them no dagger am.....

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Pinkyposh(f): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
What the government should have done is impounding and crushing those old vehicles that constitute nuisance on the road, that are no longer fit to ply on the road, and not this
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Revolva(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
abokimallam:
They should extend the ban to keke napep because these criminals will soon migrate to keke and begin to intimidate and harass innocent citizens.
China that produces okada and keke has none on their roads.
Our youths don’t want to learn handwork again that will give them sustainable income till old age.
I support the ban.

Who told u china and India has no Keke napep and okada on their roads
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by SafeHands1: 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Gov. Sanwo Olu is busy Crushing Bikes and forgetting to Crush Agberos in Lagos. Cos that's who intimidated other Non-Yorubas so they can remain in Power.
Good or Bad. Karma Will sure catch up with his Fuckers.
So, Oga Sanwo bring your Cars on board, now you have cleared the way for your Business.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by marsman: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
SafeHands1:
Gov. Sanwo Olu is busy Crushing Bikes and forgetting to Crush Agberos in Lagos. Cos that's who intimidated other Non-Yorubas so they can remain in Power.
Good or Bad. Karma Will sure catch up with his Fuckers.
So, Oga Sanwo bring your Cars on board, now you have cleared the way for your Business.
Has Agberos been crushed in your state of origin
The Power in Lagos belongs to Yoruba, whether you are afraid of touts or not. Its natural. Can a non Igbo claim power in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by yeshuasfootstep(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
Obi, please as you are planning to move Nigeria from consumption to production.

Remember to also stop senseless and foolish destructions that comes back to hurt the economy.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by chopnaira: 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
They should have auctioned it.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by drololaaof: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Gbengaoluz:
That was extreme on Same citizens who voted you into power
Which vote are you talking about ? Is it the one they rigged through touts etc. If it was the rightful vote or not the actions and attitude of okada rider is bad on the road with slight provocation they go hay wire burning, killings and maiming
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by wirinet(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Gbengaoluz:

If votes really matters in Nigeria the government would not dare to carry out such insensitive action one year to a general election.

The number of people that would be rendered helpless by this action runs into millions. From people that lease out bikes on hire purchase to jobless men using the okada business to feed their families.
There are better ways to gradually ease out okada business taking cognisance of the immediate social and economic impact.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by okwah: 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
That's 2,228 murderous aboki criminals on the loose in Lagos.

Why do you think only abokis do okada work in Lagos...
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Nchenches: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
LifestyleTonite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ci3dE5z2g

Okada Ban: Lagos Govt Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles

https://mobile.twitter.com/gboyegaakosile/status/1532670524463144960

In Nigeria of youth unemployment and few motorable roads.

The government of Lagos State must resettle those Okada riders before they turn to criminality.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by bonnyhope: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
NigeriaB:

You are the one to be crushed...

Look at the name carefully again if it corresponds to who you have in mind.

grin grin

Yes, I have Nigeria in mind
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Akharmony: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
waldigit:
This is clueless. Those bike can be converted to mini plough, planter and other farm implements that can be distributed to farmers free. Only conversation is needed. Sanwo can't you think?
I doubt if any politician can in Nigeria can think like is ever. .
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by oyeb15: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2022
Very bad. You don't want robbers, yet you are stopping legitimate hustling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Amalekki: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
Okada is an unsafe mode of transportation for the public, then add the menace of the riders coming in from strange places and committing all sorts of crime endangering the lives of innocent people.

The government has a sacred and constitutional obligation to protect the public, and the government of Lagos State is finally doing exactly that. Also, formidable precedence has been clearly set on this issue in several other states across Nigeria.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
uuzba:

This is not dictatorship. Nigeria is open to all Nigerians to move about and live anywhere.
So they will just keep entering Lagos.

They should keep moving about with knives and other sharp objects right?
Listen to yourself.
Do Lagosians move around the north in readiness to harm people? So why should they do the same here?
They don't even rent houses, they sleep on streets and are just a danger.
Many of them are not even Nigerians, which makes it worse.

If you love them that much, you can employ them.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by saintrow1: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
omoredia:
In sure by this time Tinubu will realise that Ambode also has blood in his body. Karma is in a hurry now

Why must Everything be tinubu. Leave him alone
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Y am i so happy grin grin i hate those bike motherfvckers

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by meetcharles: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nonsense talk.
Gbengaoluz:
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
angry They should have donate or auction the Okada to Rural farmers na, who have to go through difficult terrain to get to their farm instead of wasting money...
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by nextstep(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
Sleekfingers:
Na only lagos dey for nigeria? The last time I checked, we have 36 states in nigeria. They should go to other states na.....we don't want bikes in Lagos anymore......

I love the crushing . They should nalso be sending them to jail , the passenger also should be fine or 6 months community services, by sweeping the streets, clean public toilets, clean government primary schools toilets, maybe , dem go know say, we ain't joking

There are many other places they can go, but I still think they should have been given time (my post said 1 month) to get out of town. It's not easy to suddenly uproot yourself (possibly with family) to another state just like that. There was no time to even secure where to stay or gather funds to move. What about the year's rent they already paid? Is anyone going to refund them so they can move? School fees?

This is also what I mean by cruelty: just crushing the bikes that somebody saved and sacrificed for years to obtain. Then the suggestion to fine passengers who would not be taking okada in the first place if there were cost- and time- efficient alternatives for them to get around. I'm not saying the ban is bad, but as is typical in Nigeria, there's often not a soft landing given before the complete and utter ban, and everyone has to essentially start from scratch.

No subsidies for those who will now be paying double for some trips; no time or compensation for seizing bikes that (I must say) are legal to own; no alternative employment for those who will now be left without livelihoods, and without the asset that's lawfully theirs.

I welcome the lawsuit, and I pray the government is forced to compensate for their loss.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by matm: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
Goldbw122:
Jesus, what is this, they should have give the bike to people that need help.

If u give it d bikes to people dt need help, the owners will go after them
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by umar187: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
This is not cool Mr governor, some ppl this is the source of thier lifelihood, the eat, drink from this job . Ok fine you don't want okada what alternative have you provide for this Yung stars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by byteem: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
pelvicky:
This can be auction out.

I do not support wastage

Where is the wastage.. your are seeing raw materials for your building iron rod.. brake pad and fabrications. Plenty raw materials. I don't see wastage here
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by byteem: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
nextstep:

There are many other places they can go, but I still think they should have been given time (my post said 1 month) to get out of town. It's not easy to suddenly uproot yourself (possibly with family) to another state just like that. There was no time to even secure where to stay or gather funds to move. What about the year's rent they already paid? Is anyone going to refund them so they can move? School fees?

This is also what I mean by cruelty: just crushing the bikes that somebody saved and sacrificed for years to obtain. Then the suggestion to fine passengers who would not be taking okada in the first place if there were cost- and time- efficient alternatives for them to get around. I'm not saying the ban is bad, but as it;s typical in Nigeria, there's often not a soft landing given before the complete and utter ban.

No subsidies for those who will now be paying double for some trips; no time or compensation for seizing bikes that (I must say) are not illegal; no alternative employment for those who will now be left without livelihoods, and without the asset that's lawfully theirs.

I welcome the lawsuit, and I pray the government is forced to compensate for their loss.

It's a suit dead on arrival ..
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by christistruth01: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Why didn't they donate them to the Police, NSCDC and Federal Road Safety to help them in keeping Securiy ?
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by paix(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Gadafii:
Lagos is a mega slum,period
Mega is mega, slum or city.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by seunayantokun(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Good decision

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) by Cyriloha(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
tellsblinks:
They should do same thing for kekenapep

People thinking with there nose �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Pushing Wheelbarrow In Owerri: What Really Happened / EndSARS: "Secret Meeting" With Emefiele, Dangote Amplifies Confusion In Protests / Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.